Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Help, I would like to lose weight but I'm confused
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help, I would like to lose weight but I'm confused

I exercise everyday, I'm 15 and trying to lose weight. I recently heard of the Atkins diet,This is a low carb diet, you eat alot of meats and veggies but no fruits for the first 2 weeks, I was wondering if I lose my desired weight but increase my carbs (good carbs such as apples and fruits, and oats) will I gain it all back if I keep exercising, plus I'm a teen so I heard we have a fast matabilism.. Please help
Related Discussions
921323_tn?1268679412
I'd recommend strongly against any kind of lopsided/fad diet in anyone, but particularly in a younger person.  You can maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle eating a balanced diet and being active.  The key is feeling healthy and good about yourself.  Eating a bacon burger on a bed of lettuce is unlikely to accomplish that :)
3 Comments
Blank
There is no shortcut to losing weight and you can lose a lot of weight by using common sense. Avoid junk food and eat fruits and vegetables. Try to eat lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to get the protein you need. Find an activity or sport that you enjoy. You are more likely to stick to it and make it part of your lifestyle that way. Try to get 30-60 minutes of exercise everyday by doing your favorite physical activities. Drink lots of water and avoid weight loss products. Many of them may only work short term and some are unhealthy for you.
Blank
2060307_tn?1389578835
Well said.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979