Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Here's an original one for ya! Stand by.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Here's an original one for ya! Stand by.

Hi. My name is Robert and I am a cab driver. I work 12 to 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. 5 years ago I gave 6 1/2 feet of my small intestine to my little boy in a transplant at UIC Medical Center, Chicago. Currently I weigh 295 lbs and am only 5'8" tall. The reason I mentioned the transplant is that I am severely lactose intolerant now (not even a candy bar). I have a 50" waist and a huge belly from being inactive in the cab for so long. Yes I could get out and walk around the cab, but I may miss a call on the radio. I can't really walk the way I need to anyway because if I do get a call, who wants to be in a cab with a sweaty cab driver. I have high blood pressure being managed by hydrochlorothiazide. It stays right around 132/86. At the cab stand there are soda and snack machines. There are millions of convenience stores and restaurants around that make for a quick grab-n-eat. I honestly get violently ill if I eat raw vegetables, and if I can stomach a salad I have to douse it with dressing in order to keep it down. I don't mind drinking water a lot, however it just makes my meals run through me much faster because of my short-gut. I am miserable with all of these, "whatever's". Everybody hounds me and calls them excuses. I generally think they are obstacles. Can anyone out there help my unique problem.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979