Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
How to find time?

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

How to find time?

I need to lose weight, I have a child with special needs, I'm a single parent and time is very short. I don't have a lot of free time and any I do get is in short bursts of 1 or 2 hrs.. I would welcome any dietary or exercise idea's as I'm fed up of living on convenience and junk food. Bad diet and stress is making life more difficult than it needs to be but I don't no where to start changing things.I'm a vegetarian and very anaemic, this is making things even more difficult because I'm constantly tired..
The good news is that it doesn't take any extra time to pack some healthy carrots or raw vegetables to snack on as compared to going through a drive-through or to a convenience store.  Time is precious, so filling it in healthy ways is key.  I would strongly recommend adding some exercise or activity to what you are doing - not only for the health benefits, but it's also great for stress in general and giving you some "you" time.
Thank you.