Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Is my weight dangerous?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is my weight dangerous?

First, yes I am a vegan but it is not the cause of my low weight.

Now that is out of the way, I am 18 years old 5'2" and between 85-87 lbs. I only recently became a vegan in April of this year after going vegetarian last October. My problem is not quality because I eat good vegetables, grains, beans, etc. My issue is quantity, I never have an appetite. I have always been thin, usually in the 2% or lower for my age. I visit the doctor yearly and besides her concern for me in reagrds to if I was to get sick she hasn't told me if my weight is truly a detriment to my health.

So I guess I'm wondering what are the health concerns for me regarding my low weight?

Thanks for your help!
1 Comment
Blank
I hope this helps....i read in a health article that vegan tend to have a lower bone mass & body weight so If you were already skinny this lifestyle probably cause you to get smaller.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank