Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Is my weight dangerous?

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Is my weight dangerous?
First, yes I am a vegan but it is not the cause of my low weight.

Now that is out of the way, I am 18 years old 5'2" and between 85-87 lbs. I only recently became a vegan in April of this year after going vegetarian last October. My problem is not quality because I eat good vegetables, grains, beans, etc. My issue is quantity, I never have an appetite. I have always been thin, usually in the 2% or lower for my age. I visit the doctor yearly and besides her concern for me in reagrds to if I was to get sick she hasn't told me if my weight is truly a detriment to my health.

So I guess I'm wondering what are the health concerns for me regarding my low weight?

Thanks for your help!
I hope this helps....i read in a health article that vegan tend to have a lower bone mass & body weight so If you were already skinny this lifestyle probably cause you to get smaller.