Loose fat or cartilage in hip
Since having children in the last 6 years, I fluctuated from 10 - 20 lbs heavier than I was before children. I had noticed some hard, loose tissue (fat? Cartilage?) under the skin on my hips. I didn't pay too much attention because I did have the "extra fat" everywhere and just assumed it went along with being "overweight".
I have recently worked very hard to get back in shape and am back down to 125 lbs. The loose, hard chunks are still there and definitely didn't get any smaller. When I press on the area with my fingers, it seems like strips of the tissue and it will move  back and forth, but doesnt go anywhere.

What is this and is there anyway to get rid of it?
This may be cellulite, which is difficult to get rid of, even in individuals at normal weight who exercise regularly.  Some people find that targeted muscle strength exercises in those areas can improve cosmetic outcomes, but unfortunately there are no easy fixes!