Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Loose fat or cartilage in hip
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Loose fat or cartilage in hip

Since having children in the last 6 years, I fluctuated from 10 - 20 lbs heavier than I was before children. I had noticed some hard, loose tissue (fat? Cartilage?) under the skin on my hips. I didn't pay too much attention because I did have the "extra fat" everywhere and just assumed it went along with being "overweight".
I have recently worked very hard to get back in shape and am back down to 125 lbs. The loose, hard chunks are still there and definitely didn't get any smaller. When I press on the area with my fingers, it seems like strips of the tissue and it will move  back and forth, but doesnt go anywhere.

What is this and is there anyway to get rid of it?
921323_tn?1268679412
This may be cellulite, which is difficult to get rid of, even in individuals at normal weight who exercise regularly.  Some people find that targeted muscle strength exercises in those areas can improve cosmetic outcomes, but unfortunately there are no easy fixes!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
10 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank