Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Losing weight nightmare!!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Losing weight nightmare!!

Hi
I'm a 30 yr old female. My height is 5'2" and I weigh 71 kgs. I have been overweight since I was 14 yrs after I started to get periods but I've had phases of weight loss on and off esp during the time I was in final yr of dental school and during my internship. I've gained seven kgs during the last six yrs although I've been exercising regularly and taking s balanced diet.
Sometime back my doctor got concerned that I might be a borderline case of PCOS ( I had irregular periods and mild hirsutism aling with difficulty in losing weight) and I got the tests done but they were all clear. I was under lots of stress, still am and Ive been taking antidepressants like
Escitalipram and topiramate for the last five years. I've stopped them now. I got my thyroid profile done and all readings were within range.  I also took thyroxine for some time to augment my antidepressant therapy but had no effect on my weight. Plz suggest what I need to do? Are any further investigations required or is this just stress??
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979