Protein diets/Supplements
I am 41 year old on medication for High BP & Cholesterol . I exercise for about 1 hour every day out of which 30 minutes is cardio & 20 minutes of weight training. I want to know Can one take protein supplements ( which my trainer insist that I should have for quick results) at this age with the problems I mentioned ? Are there any side effects of such diets?
You'd have to ask your doctor depending on the specific medications you are taking (in the context of your own history).  My general advice is to shy away of anything promising "quick results."  Things that offer quick results also tend to lose their effectiveness...quickly.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.