Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Unintentional Weight Loss & Fibromyalgia
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Unintentional Weight Loss & Fibromyalgia

I am a 31 year old women who has also been of a slim frame.  I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which is a chronic pain through my joints.  I am trying many herbal remedies and have been to see a Kinesiologist who has really helped me as it took approx 5 years to diagnoise me. I thought I was going insane as I was told over and over again nothing was showing up in my blood!.  Eventually I was diagnoised which is great because now I know what I am dealing with.  I have started light excercise, changed my diet and I am going down the route of self help.  Unfortunately I have lost a lot of weight which I can't afford to loose.  I have also been diagnosed with helicobater pylori caused by bacteria which causes an ulcer.  This has been treated by antibiotics.  Due to teh fibromyalgia I have also developed IBS which has been a problem since day one.  My eating has changed as I have began eating all the "right" foods and I am eating small portions more often.  Can anyone give me advice on weight gain do you think is is something more sinister?   It is a pretty drastic weight loss in a short space of time