Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Victoza where have you been ?

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Victoza where have you been ?

Just wanted to say how hard and frustrated I was stuck at 215 down from 245 at my top weight.  Went to see my Dr. who told me he went to a convention and mentioned maybe Victoza would help. I was so frightened to take daily needles and thought I just cannot do that to myself, but I decided to try it for my health because I am now pre diabetic and don't want to advance into quote status :  diabetic  My father just had his toes amputated and I don't want that in my future.
Victoza is working for  me. It's been 14 days now on the shots and I am almost 10 pounds down and to me that is a true Miracle !!  I love my Dr.  for being so thoughtful @ truly helping saving my life
Hello everyone I am so glad to report that I am amazed with my results on victoza.  Today Saturday May 12, 2012 weigh in:  203.0
So happy to break my plateau @ 205
looking forward to getting out of the 200 pound mark
Yesssssss

See you later : )
I know there are not much info on the web for Victoza, because it is so new, but if you would like to ask me  a question on my personal experience with it, hey I am here for you, don't be shy to get hold of me and in-box me ok
Well I finally made it to the 200 pound mark Yessssss : )  Weight loss is much slower now, averaging around 1.6 - 2 pounds a week, which is great for me.  Finally incorporated exercise in my daily routine, it's been around 2 weeks now. I like to break up my daily exercise by walking 2 x 15 minutes in the morning, then a half hour in the evenings after supper.  I cannot believe that I am getting daily exercise, and I noticed that I actually look forward to it !  : )
Victoza is really curbing my appetite, my problem time of the day was at supper time, but not no more! My side effects are totally gone now, and I thank God for that, I hated being stuck hitting the bathroom so often !!! and the nausea & headaches have also disappeared so life is " Great "  
Thank You Victoza for helping me out, I will not forget you, because if it were not for you, I could not have been able to do it alone.  And would have ballooned into the 250 pound mark and up.
Now I don't have to get Lap Band and am getting my weight Totally under Control
100 % SOLD ON VICTOZA  : )