Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
What are the effects of a 10 day fast with only consuming water?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What are the effects of a 10 day fast with only consuming water?

As part of a spiritual ceremony, I plan to partake in a 10 fast. For those 10 days I plan on only consuming water. I was just wondering as to the health effects that this would cause. Rest assure I am not doing this to lose weight. This will not lead to any lifetime illnesses or anything, right?

Thanks for the help!