Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Where can i buy melba toast? I'm so hungry

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Can anyone tell me where to purchase Melba toast? I need this because I am on the HCG diet... I am hungry! Suggestions? Apparently I didn't eat enough fats for the first two days.
Tags: HCG, melba, hungry
I was pretty hungry and had headaches the first 5 days... now I feel great.  Here's a good recipe to fill you up and make you good for supper.
3 oz shrimp, cooked   - could use chicken too
3.5 oz broccoli
1/2 cup nonfat chicken broth
1 cup water
2 Tbs Bragg's liquid aminos (tastes rich, no carbs)
Put all in a bowl, microwave until broccoli is done.  It's great!  The Bragg's is made up of amino acids, some of which make you feel full and some help with mood.  I found it at a health food store.  Don't give up!  It will get easier
Thanks for that because I'm hungry and can't tell that this stuff (HCG drops)  is helping at all.  Today is my first day on the 500 cal diet and it's nice to know that it will (hopefully for me) start working in a few days!!
Did you do your loading days with plenty of fat?   That is supposed to help keep hunger down too.  I gained a pound form this, but am now 15 lbs down so it's ok...
I eat a lot on the 2 gorge days!! I gained 2.8 pounds. My husband thought it was the craziest thing in the world..."Yea, this is a diet. Sure it is." Of course I've tried so many diets he just laughs at me now!! He would love for me to lose weight but he has little faith that I will at this point!! I have read sooo much about HCG in the last week abd I think it really works. So many people are using it and it is working for them. It's just got to work for me!!!! The first day I lost 2.8 pounds which was what I gained onthe gorge days then second day (this a.m) I lost 2.4 pounds!! I am thrilled about the loss but I am only eating 500 cal.!! I am STARVING!! I'm not sure if I can continue for 40 days!! I'm tired as well!! I think I ordered the wrong stuff!! I got the homeopathic stuff which I understand is a deluted form of hcg (it has 16% alcohol for better obsorbtion??)  Last night I reorder Pregnyl name brand Hucog Hcg from all day chemist. I'm hoping this is the right stuff. Have you heard of this company?? I just feel like if I can get the right stuff I will be on my way!!
I bought Melba toast yesterday at my grocery store. I found it on the cracker aisle.
What's this HCG diet thing?  I've never heard of it
I'm being told HCG doesn't curb appetite which why most doctors prescribe an appetite suppresant. We all know a VLCD is dangerous but is the VLCD the result of the weight loss or the VLCD + the HCG.

I plan to start this program which it appears to have less cons than pros; is it truly worth the money??

AprilShowers
I was 178 lbs i am starting my 3rd week in the diet and i am now 161lbs. every diet i have ever tryed i could never see the light at the end of the tunnel. this time i feel like i am finally going to get back to the way i used to be. so i would it is sooooooo worth it.
OK. This has to be the silliest diet I have ever seen people fall for. You know, if you didn't have hCG and whatever crap they tell you to take, and only ate 500 calories a day you would still lose the weight fast. Its amazing what well educated, smart people would fall for. Unless you continue on this diet forever, or alter the way you actually eat and exercise in normal every day life, you WILL put the weight back on. Cutting back to 500 cals a day of high protein, low carb, veg or whatever, will only make you want it more so it makes it easier to fall back into old ways. Or... like I did, you'll be so happy with the results of the 500 calorie diet that you'll just stay on it forever. Then once it stops working, you'll cut back and cut back and cut back till you get sick and end up with anorexia or bulimia. If you're not exercising, your body will not only eat away at the fat in your body like this says it will do, but also your muscle, including your heart. You'll be tired all the time, become depressed, get SO frustrated... Or, you'll do the 40 days, lose the weight, finish the 40 days, go back to eating normal healthy food, still not exercising, gain back the 10 pounds of water weight you lost while on the diet, have your bowels full most of the time like normal, which adds another few pounds of the weight you lost because you cut back so much on food, plus gain some weight back from eating normal again, and you'll be right back to where you are in the beginning. This isn't a healthy diet.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/health-illness/wellness/physical-fitness/weight-loss/hcg-diet.htm
A related discussion, where can i get the real hcg drops was started.
I'm starting the HCG injections tomorrow I'm very very exiting I gained 80lbs when I got pregnant an have not been able to take any of the weight off I'm starting this diet at 280 (ew I know) I'm hoping to take off 40 lbs in the next 40 days. I know the VLCD will be hard but I will do this!
While I'm sure your info is appreciated, your delivery was a bit harsh. The last thing a woman struggling with weight needs to be told is how stupid they are for trying to do something about it. How do you know they aren't exercising or eating healthy? I personally am 45 overweight, yet I'm half the size of everyone in my family, including my twin sister. I work out 5 days a week, have a personal trainer, have been on weight loss studies, etc. The point is it I'd not so simple as eating right and exercise. I understand how it feels to be willing to try anything to get the weight off long enough for the other stuff like exercise to work. So please show a little compassion here. I know you'll probably rip me in response but I mean no respect. But just reading your posts,  all those feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness,  and failure came alive again. Its just not so simple as you make it, and I am living proof. BC of my family history, this will be a lifelong struggle.
I'll second that!!!! Tinarena.......  Kalgal76, most of us are here for support.  Everyone; My experience w/ hcg has being great!!! Last April I did my first treatment, with a doctor of course, I lost 20 pounds, My skin got tighter, my boobs are firm, my cellulite disappeared, I feel great and energetic!!!! Today is my second day on the second treatment and I lost 2.4 pounds the first day!!!! I use the pure hormone shots.
A related discussion, HCG was started.
Does anyone know where in brooklyn ny I can get melba toast
A related discussion, Recipes for HCG was started.
A related discussion, HCG1234 was started.