Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
cleanse

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

cleanse

I have been looking for a good short term . cleanse that I can take on for a bout one month to sort of reinvigorate myself. I was on a lot of medication for many reasons and now I can finally stop so I want to try to bring some of thegood stuff back in my body.  On the other hand, the medication I was taking made it difficult for me to eat. I was really7 heavy at first and now I am at a reasonable weight.  So, I dont want this detox/cleanse to be too calorie packed.  Im determined that my weight will not fluctuate by getting off the pills and doing this detox.  if you have any good plans that worked for yyou, please let me know. Many thanks
The book "Clean" by Alejandro Junger is very popular, and emphasizes a healthier approach than a lot of the other programs out there.
sorry Dr. I think I was in the wrong forum!
I would recommend water and exercise and a healthy diet.

I have heard that lemon juice in water is good.  I have just had major reflux and for some reason assumed that lemon was bad due to its acidity.  Anyway, due to its chemical composition when it breaks down it is actually beneficial.