Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
my weight loss does not match my work
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my weight loss does not match my work

Okay, I have a lot of weight to lose. I am 49 and was doing really well for 2 months. Then the brakes went on. I use the BodyMedia Fit band so I know my daily calorie burn, and I weigh and measure my foods, but everything has stopped. I only lose a pound or a few ounces intermittently. I am getting messages on my online programs where I log asking me if I am sure I am not slacking, and my BodyMedia Fit band is telling me I am not losing at the planned rate and if I want to stay on task, I need to up the anti.

Well, I have no idea what is going wrong, but this is where I have gotten stuck with each weight loss attempt I have made after having my kids. I feel doomed, like I am destined to be obese and unable to change it.

Things that have not been perfect about my approach is that I don't get enough sleep...ever...and I never will if I am going to work out... and I am under tremendous stress...and I probably always will be. These conditions are the same as when I was losing weight steadily in the beginning. The only thing that is changed is that as I have lost weight, I have striven to be more active and burn calories to offset my lowered weight.

My shameful stats are  49 , 5' 1" 196.6 lbs. I am burning around 2500 calories daily give or take 100 according to my bodymedia fit band, and I am taking in approximately 1390 calories of food. I log everything 3 places and I am so engaged in this process my family thinks I am obsessed...but no loss to match my work. Most of my exercise has been and is cardio. I get between 3 and 5 hours of sleep each day in sporadic shifts of naps here and there. That will not in reality be up for change unless I find another job...so probably not.

I am very bummed out and tired...especially of being shamefully fat.

Any one know anything about the BodyMedia Fit band? Is it possible it is incorrect for me? ( They use them on biggest loser)
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703