Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
weight loss in pregnancy

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

weight loss in pregnancy

Hi, i found out 5 weeks ago that i was pregnant. Due to morning sickness and a stressful home life in the week after finding out i lost 7lbs very quickly. I put 5lbs back on whilst on a holiday but i am now 10 weeks pregnant, eating healthily, 3 meals a day with healthy snacks in between (the odd bag of crisps or chocolate bar) and i am now 8lbs lighter than when i found out i was pregnant.
Could this be healthy weight loss due to healthy eating as i am a bit overweight anyways, or is it unhealthy for the baby as i know in pregnancy your meant to gain weight?!
Thanks, Helly
1 Comment
I lost 14 lbs overall during my third pregnancy. It was due to horrendous morning sickness initially, but I was also very overweight to begin with.  So long as your doctors are keeping an eye on you, and the baby is growing well, I don't think you should be too concerned.  I ended up with a very healthy 8 pound baby boy after 40 weeks of a fairly routine pregnancy.  Oh, and yeah, I pretty much gained all of the 14 lbs back.  So, now I'm here on MedHelp looking for advice on how to lose weight for good! :)