Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
weight loss

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

weight loss
Hi reader i am 23 years of age soon to be 24 in some weeks time. I am 180 cm of height which i believe is around 5'10. I have just started to train for about 3 weeks ago and is started at 78-79 kilos. I read and found my BMI and BMR. My BMR is around 1900 calories a day, and i also found out that the amount of time i should be eating 2400 calories if i wanted to lose weight. I train four times a week for about an hour and a half each time. I run 30 mintues of the rest of the time i lift weights. In those 30 mintues i run around 6-7 km. In the three weeks i have been training my weight has been going up and down. I also recently quit smoking cigarrettes about 2 weeks ago. I stay away from fat foods and i eat healthy. I have been wondering why i gained weight. I am pretty sure that i am eating around 2000 calories a day some days i eat less. For example yesterday i woke up and i was 82.1 kilos. I trained later on that day in the night time. I weighed myself after training and i weighed 81.3 kilos. I ate some oranges after words to get vitamin C. When i woke up this morning i weigh 82.3 kilos..........Can someone help me??????????????
The scientific research shows that drinking 4 to 6 eight-ounce glasses of water a day helps with weight loss - not as much as people previously thought!
One thing you didn't mention or maybe realize...how much water are you drinking? (Especially with all the running you do.) Water is KEY to weight loss. Try drinking 2 liters one day and weigh yourself the next, could definitely just be water weight gain. That's my best assumption.