Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
weight loss

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

weight loss

Hi reader i am 23 years of age soon to be 24 in some weeks time. I am 180 cm of height which i believe is around 5'10. I have just started to train for about 3 weeks ago and is started at 78-79 kilos. I read and found my BMI and BMR. My BMR is around 1900 calories a day, and i also found out that the amount of time i should be eating 2400 calories if i wanted to lose weight. I train four times a week for about an hour and a half each time. I run 30 mintues of the rest of the time i lift weights. In those 30 mintues i run around 6-7 km. In the three weeks i have been training my weight has been going up and down. I also recently quit smoking cigarrettes about 2 weeks ago. I stay away from fat foods and i eat healthy. I have been wondering why i gained weight. I am pretty sure that i am eating around 2000 calories a day some days i eat less. For example yesterday i woke up and i was 82.1 kilos. I trained later on that day in the night time. I weighed myself after training and i weighed 81.3 kilos. I ate some oranges after words to get vitamin C. When i woke up this morning i weigh 82.3 kilos..........Can someone help me??????????????
The scientific research shows that drinking 4 to 6 eight-ounce glasses of water a day helps with weight loss - not as much as people previously thought!
1 Comment
One thing you didn't mention or maybe realize...how much water are you drinking? (Especially with all the running you do.) Water is KEY to weight loss. Try drinking 2 liters one day and weigh yourself the next, could definitely just be water weight gain. That's my best assumption.