Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Advice FROM someone who has had Gastric Bypass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I have started the procedure to have weight loss surgery. I have not yet decided on the roux-en-y bypass or the lap band. I would like to know if there is anyone who has had the bypass that could shre their experiences with me, wether good or bad. Thank you soo much!
I had a gastric bypass in 2001. Lost over 135 lbs and have kept it off. I had the ruen y procedure. The weight loss results have been fantastic however I have had many malabsorption problems because they bypassed a large part of my colon.
Iron defficency, b12 defficency, as well as zinc and ulcers near the staple line. I have had to have 2 blood transfusions and 13 iron infusions. If I had to do it all over again I would chose the lap band. It is less invasive and from what I hear just as good results.
I see this was wriiten in September last year so maybe you have already had your procedure? Good luck to you in any case. JoAnn