All
Hello All,
I went to my doctor with concerns about weight loss.  I’ve been having a really hard time losing weight and an easy time putting it on.  My doctor thinks that I might have PCOS and that I might be slightly insulin resistant.  Because of this we are going to try Metformin and see if it makes any improvement in the weight loss area.

I started Metformin on 5/7/09.  I started out with 500mg once a day for three days, 1000mg a day for the week after, 1500mg a day the week after that, and I’ll be moving to 2000mg a day this weekend.

The first week I felt a little bit nauseous and dizzy.  I lost about two pounds right away but now it’s just kind of staying steady (which is annoying).   I have noticed that my appetite is different.  I’m usually really hungry when I wake up in the morning.  I still get hungry but it seems like it takes me longer to notice that I’m hungry and sometimes food just doesn’t sound good until I actually get to that “hungry” point (hopefully this makes sense!).

Fabygm: it seems like we have some of the same issues with weight loss.  I’ve been really good about working out and watching what I eat and it just seems like nothing is happening.  It’s very frustrating to say the least.  It’s hard when you know it’s just something you have to do but you don’t really feel like you’re getting anything out of it.

I’m hoping that after I finish my first week of 2000mg a day that I can start to see more progress.  I’m sure it takes time for the Met to build up in your system and really start to work.  I guess I’ll just have to keep plugging a long and hopefully the jeans will start feeling looser. :)