Amino Acid Injections Safe?

Can you explain to me if receiving amino acid injections for weight loss is safe? It was explained to me as follows: the injections would be given to me at the site (my thighs) and possible mid section (if I have enough fat there) and combined with a no/low carb diet. I also want to take the diet pills, but don't think that I can or should due to my history with bulimia, addiction and I am also on anti-depressants. I heard the pills are comparable to Meridia in the US. So I will probabaly pass on those and just follow the diet if I decide to go ahead with the injections. I have been referred to a doctor in Mexico. My friends have had great results. I am only 10 pounds over weight. I just would like to get smaller for modeling and swimsuit shows, etc.  Is this safe or can I experience serious or life threatening side effects?

Did you find out already if those amino acid injections are safe. I would like to know because I would like to start to take them. i would really appreciate if you'd let me know.

Thank you