Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Anyone else prescribed Byetta injections for weight loss? 20lbs in 4 wk...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Anyone else prescribed Byetta injections for weight loss? 20lbs in 4 wks!!!!

I have been seeing a weight loss doctor. The normal stuff that all describe so far; appetite suppressents, ephedra, lipo/b-vitamin shots (6 times a week).  WONDERFUL results 20lbs in 4 1/2 weeks.  More energy than I know what to do with and I am never hungry!  No dizziness, no cravings, in fact food makes me ill at times, when I see others shoveling it in! I am down more in inches than weight. I find myself wanting to exercise ALWAYS!

I know that others are doing this type of program too but, I was wondering if anyone else was given a prescription for Byetta which is an injection given to diabetics?  Apparently it make you feel like you just ate a loaf of bread if an injection is given right before you have a meal?  Just wondering if anyone else is taking it that doesnt have type2 diabeties?
Never heard of it. Sounds interesting. So are you a diabetic or no? This is something you are getting from a diet doc?
I have learned a lot about Byetta after I heard about it for weight loss.  I went to my doctor and she would not prescribe it to me because she says it is only for diabetics.  This is not true....other people have been prescribed this medicine for weight loss and are non-diabetics.  After researching this medicine, I have learned it is in the 3rd stage of clinical trials and will soon be approved by the FDA for weight loss.  i would love to give it a try....
This is a drug that was developed for Diabetics. Doctors have been accused of prescribing it for weight loss. This info came from a doctor who prescribes it for diabetic patients only. Apparently insurance companies are unwilling to pay for it when it is prescribed for weight loss.
So happy to see you comments about Byetta. My doctor just suggested she might prescribe it for me if I could give my own injections! Absolutely I could with those results!! She did say nausea was a big problem. Have you ever had it? Does is go away? How are you eating now? Thanks so much! What other drugs do you take for weight loss?
Hi Desperate! I'm desperate, too, in Ohio! I do not have diabetes, but am insulin resistant, Metabolic Syndrome X diagnosed by my endo. I am horrendously resistant to weight loss. No matter how well I eat, and how much I exercise, the scale doesn't budge....and I have a dr's scale! My endo started me on Byetta today....so I just gave myself my first injection. I have 20-30 lbs. to lose! I will keep you all posted on my progress. I am ready to eat my first breakfast, so wish me luck!
How has the Byetta injections worked for weight loss?  
I am not diagnosed as diabetic, and Hba1C is still normal but blood sugar levels are rising.  I just began Byetta and I must say It has been nice.  The hunger monster is greatly subdued.  Not sure if I will lose weight, but it's nice to get some relief!  My prescribing doctor is an Integrative Medical doctor, not an endocrinologist.
i have been on byetta for about 5 months, i am type 2 diabetic.  With taking my shot half hour before breakfast, eating a light lunch a light snack, and taking the shot again half hour before supper, I have lost 70 lbs. It works amazingly!!!!
OMG Lexie, those are great results. I am pre-diabetic and need to lose about 80 lbs. My doctor prescribed the Byetta for me to assist with the weight-loss. I also have dilated cardiomyopathy so the extra weight is a big burden for my already weak heart. I have experienced significant nausea and some diarrhea after my injections---- but feel that I can live with that occasionally as long as I am able to lose weight. I did not eat much for breakfast yesterday or the day before and did experience hypoglycemia (75 and 70) and ate cheese and peanut butter. Today I ate 2 eggs and 3 strips of bacon for breakfast and feel much better. The injections have impressively decreased my appetite and I have no cravings for food (so unusual for me). In some ways this feels like a miracle medication to me. I am a retired Registered Nurse and never thought that there would be a medication that I can use with my sick old heart. I have an implanted defibrillator and can not use most weight loss meds. I am eating a low carb diet and plan to start walking for exercise soon. Your post is inspirational for me. Thanks so much.
What do you eat on a diabetic diet while on byetta?