Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Anyone in Richmond Va. or near?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Anyone in Richmond Va. or near?

I live in richmond Va and have been looking for a Dr. to give the b12 lipo injection. I am 5'10 and weigh 210 pounds I would like to loose about 40 to 50 lbs
Dr. Ronald Johnson, MD.  He had an office at the Parham medical buildings. (behind the "new" Henrico Doctors Hospital)
Thanks!  I think one of my co-workers mentioned him Have you worked with him? If so how (is) was he?
I KNOW THAT YOU POSTED YOUR ? A WHILE AGO BUT YES I KNOW A DOCTOR NAME EVELYN HALL-HARRIS. AND SHE'S GOOD. I'VE BEEN DOIN THE SHOTS FOR A WHILE AND LOST 50 POUNDS AND I'M JUST STARTING BACK. SO FAR IN 3 WKS. I'VE LOST 15.
I've been seeing Dr. Ronald Johnson in Fredericksburg, VA and this guy is AWESOME!!!!!! I have lost 36 lbs since 4/17/07 and it has been almost too easy. He has an office in Richmond, VA as well. The one in Fredericksburg is behind Mary Washington Hospital. I went from a size 18W to a 12 so far!
What are the phone numbers for these doctors and how much do they charge? I went to a weight loss Dr. in Maryland but it was too hard to get an appointment.

Dr. Johnson's telephone number is 804.935.8905 and Evelyn Hall Harris' number is 804.323.5575. I have gone to both. I prefer Hall-Harris, who is actually a nurse practitioner. She focuses on your diet as well. Nothing against Dr. Johnson who is an extremely nice man!

Hope that helps!
I'm interested in Dr Johnson's program...however is there a weight requirement prior to you getting the B12 injections?  I'm 4"10 and I weight too much for my height so I was curious to know that prior to making an appointment.
hi I actually work at Ms. Hall-Harris' doc. office in Petersburg where we have the program at and we also have a program in Richmond also but no there's no weight requirement to get on the program it's a medical program so you will get a full physical and blood work done and your urine will be checked weekly so the program is a good one I am currently on the program also. if you havve any ?'s please feel free to ask.
I'm a patient of Mrs. Harris - Hall and I need a working phone number for her, the 323-5575 is not woking. Please forward me a working number for her. Thank you!
Do you have a working number for Mrs. Harris - Hall, the 323-5575 number is not working.

Thank you!
Fatcat150
What dosage (mg or cc) does Dr. Johnson prescribed to you and how often does he require you to take them? Really this question goes to anyone even if you go to Dr. Hall-Harris.
8048612878   OR 8043231330
SORRY  8622878
Im interested in starting this weight loss program with the B12 shots. Is this very expensive at Dr. Hall-Harris office? I live in Colonial Heights I heard that it could be done but I thought it was only offered in Maryland.
I live in hopewell will you please give me the number to the office in petersburg so I can make an appointment please email it to me at ***@**** or if you can call me with or text me the number I would really appreciate it I need to lose 8 pounds soon Im trying to join the airforce and need to pass the physical my number is 8046057639 thank you
I was a patient of Dr Johnson & yes he is indeed a great Dr but the office was always packed, how is it at Dr Harris office & what are her hours ?
I just saw Dr. Hall-Harris today in the Petersburg Office.   She is so wonderful!  The staff
were great and so helpful.  Their office is soon moving to Sycamore Street nearer the hospital.  The cost for the weightloss program is $400.00 and can be paid in full or in payments for the duration of the program.  I received a full physical, blood work, urine and an EKG.  Once this is completed you receive your B-12 injection and Dr. Hall-Harris explains what you must eat for the next two weeks, and as you progress other food items will be reintroduced.  What I found wonderful is that she can be contacted 24-7!  WOW!  The diet consists of eating two meals which ever ones you choose!  Each meal you must eat 4 oz of protein (chicken breasts, turkey breats, fish (no salmon), shrimp, crab or lobster, 1 cup of veggie (broccoli, cabbage...) choice of an apple, orange or 6 strawberries or 10 grapes.  You can use the fruit for breakfast to make it three meals if you like.   You MUST MUST MUST drink 64oz of water (water assists in losing fat from your body).    I hope everyone tries this, I believe it will help anyone who really tries.
I have used Dr Johnson and he is good.  I lost weight but the drive from Northern Virginia to Fredricksburg is too far with the gas prices rising.  Do anyone know of another doctor in the Woodbridge Area?
No I don't but when I see Miss Hall-Harris this wednesday, I'll ask if she does.
I HAVE BEEN TRYING SO HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT ,ANDI HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ AND WITE DOWN THESE NUM I PRAY TO GOD THIS WORKS THANKS EVERYONE
                                                                  TYSON
i just stared to day and iam excited to c results
I moved to Richmond from VA Beach. I had a doctor down there that would
prescribe me phentermine. It is not worth the drive with gas prices to drive down there anymore.
I have tried the numbers for Dr. Ron Johnson (934-8905) but
the number is disconnected. Does he still have a office in Richmond? Does anyone
know of another doctor in Richmond for weightloss?
Thank you

I started seeing Dr. Johnson in Fredericksburg last week and have already started seeing results. Writing down my meals in my food journal has made me much more aware of what I am eating. I like how friendly his staff is and he actually called me back himself when I had a question. Does anyone know the dose or if there is anything else in the B12 shots? I forgot to ask today.
emily
For those patients seeing these doctors. Do you know If you are 45 pounds over weight is this a good program for you? The injections make me a little nervous. Thank you!!!
I still have cravings on this diet. Is this normal. I aslo feel tired.
This working, I am down 10  pounds in abiut 2 1/2 weeks.
Do you have a phone number for Dr. Johnson in Fredricksburg?

Thank you!
I just called Dr. Johnson's office in Fredericksburg, VA and made an appointment. His phone number is (540)372-6811. I was told that he did the B12 shots and weight loss pills, but not the lipo shot. I am not sure how to get that and would like to because I have a metabolism disorder and heard it would help.

Does anyone know how I can get lipo pills or shots to give myself? I will ask the doc when I see him this week, too. I am sure he won't recommend me going online to get it, but if I have to I will.
I just left Dr. Johnson's office.  I have on so many other medications that it is scary.  He and his staff are awesome, but when I got the prescription filled for the phentermine I received the disease drug absolute contraindication from my pharmacist.  Now, I am too scared to put those pills in my mouth.  Has anyone else been on so many drugs that they received the same notice from the pharmacist.  I'm not sure which would be worse, to die from fat or to die from too many different types of meds.  
About 4 yrs ago. I started going to Dr. Santoyo Lopez in the Woodbridge, VA area. I live in Ashland, VA.  It was quite a commute for me on every 2 weeks but the low cost outweighed the commute until gas prices started rising and summer traffic made it almost impossible to do without taking 6 hrs round trip.  But the results were there.  His # is (703) 490-3729.  Then I switched to Dr. Johnson in Richmond and had great success there also even though the cost was triple than Dr. Lopez.  Overall, I had great results and ended up losing approx. 40 pounds in 4 mths.  I also exercised daily and ate healthy but I know the B-12 injections were extremely helpful.  I would recommend both doctors for the B-12 injections.  
I made an appointment with Dr. Johnson today. Can anyone tell me what it is he prescribes?
What are the name of the pills they prescribe to you?
Hello everyone.. I would like to know do you have to be a certain amount of pounds overwieght to do the program with either doctor?
I don't think there is a weight limit to see either doctor.
Made an appt with Hall-Harris. We will see what happens!
Can someone please respond with Evelyn Hall-Harris' office number in Richmond? I'm not able to find it and the 323-5575 is not working.
Thanks.
Evelyn Hall-Harris  804-862-2878
700 S. Sycamore Street, Suite 3,  Petersburg, VA  23803
I was a patient of Dr. Johnson's in 2006 and I lost over 40lbs very fast.  But, be sure to keep up with the maintenance because you put it back on faster than you take it off, as we all know.  He prescribed me Phentermine along with the B-12 shot.  What is this lipo shot?  I think that as long as you don't have any thyroid problems, you are a go for the program.  I plan to make an appointment with him tomorrow. I got down to 140 in 2006 and now I'm 204lbs at 5'5".  I'm hopeful though.  Good luck to you all!  
Hello!  I saw Dr. Johnson last week, just moved here from Tennessee.  The clinic in Nashville would prescribe phentermine 37.5mg at each appointment.  The first visit cost $125 and the meds were included.  Each monthly visit was $65 and also included the medication.  These prices are unreal!!  My first visit with Dr. J was $165, then meds for $40 then a prescription for phentermine 30mg at the local pharmacy was another $20.  He wants me back in two weeks at another charge of $55 plus meds!?  Is there another clinic or doc that isn't so expensive???

newby
I have been a patient of Dr. Johnson.  I agree he is VERY expensive. But, his staff is nice and he is very nice.   I have had success with his program.  I live in Petersburg though, and I just made an appointment with  Evelyn Harris Hall, I was reading the comments regarding the cost of her program.  Does she also prescribe phentermine or is just diet?  She seems to be less expensive, but I just had all of these items done at Dr. Johnson's office. The bloodwork and the EKG.. Will I have to pay again?
Seriously Dr. Johnson rips people off. He piles on the in office meds (which aren't really meds you can buy the vitamins and others at health stores) he's just in it for the money, he doesn't care about his patients. listen closely when you ask him anything about nutrition he repeats the same speel and doesn't really tell you anything. awful awful. you'd be better off going to a nutritionist than letting him load you up full of pills and prescriptions that he overprices...because once you quit paying him to give you appetite suppresants it all comes back.
Just moved to Richmond Va and looking for a clinic that give the B-12 shots and Phentermine 37.5
I need to lose 10 or 15 lbs. Im 5'2 and 135lbs. Ive been told I should be 120 lbs. will a doctor see me for ten or 15 lbs?
Is there any other Dr.'s in the Richmond area besides Dr. Johnson and Hall-Harris that prescribe phentermine?

Thanks!
Hello, Does anyone know of a Doctor in the Virginia Beach area who will prescribe phentermine? Thank you
Medi-weightloss Clinics in Glen Allen, VA  prescribes phentermine and does a vitamin (B combo) injection.  office number 804-888-6800.  They have a great program.
The working number for Evelyn Hall Harris is (804) 862-2878.

The address is:
700 S. Sycamore St, Suite 5
Petersburg, VA 23803

I am starting the prorgram this week at 155 pounds. I'll keep you posted.
I have an appointment w Dr Johnson Moday @ the Richmond location, I will post my results and experience.
Dr. Johnson is very good but after a few months his services became to pricey for me.  I now take the drive from Richmond VA to Woodbridge VA (once a month whereas Dr. Johnson was atleast twice a month) to see Dr. Lopez.  Dr. Lopez's weight loss plan is less expensive (seriously) and is worth the drive for me.  22lbs lighter in two months, works for me.  
Dr. Santoyo Lopez
Darby Brook Ct
Woodbridge, VA 22192
(703) 499-9341

I have an appt with dr johnson on monday as well.  I'll keep everyone posted.
Does Dr. Lopez also give prescriptions for phentermine? I just moved to this area (Fburg) and Dr. Johnson is so close. However, after reading several post, I feel that his bedside manners are great because of his prices. Meaning he should have excellent bedside manners for the amount he is charging for his services.  He may care about his patients, but his prices are just too high for me (not to mention the bi-weekly follow-ups). Cha Ching.  
Believe me I have a friend that also goes to him, we started around the same time and still no results really, plus she got 5 meds!! All the reviews I read say he likes to pile them on but geez when they said that I thought it was maybe an exaggeration, I mean how healthy is that?
You are very right about this Dr. I guess people do not research the medication they are given or something. I was there for my first appt. and yes he and the staff are very nice HOWEVER I  was given a about 4-5 bottles of medicines. I went home to research them and they are ALL vitamins sold a CVS for about 5 dollars cheaper. So I made an appt. with my local PCP the next evening and brought in the bottles, told him what I spent and who I went too. He said unfor. this man has been doing this for a long time and there are many complaints about him in the community. You have just been swindled. OH and P.S. he did write one prescription and it was for FLUID reduction. So basically when I went back the scale would look better! RESEARCH WHAT YOU ARE GIVEN AND BEWARE
I just started seeing Dr. Johnson today in his Richmond office. He does make you feel really relaxed n hopeful but for a Price. I paid $165 when I got there.... He took my history..ekg...n told me to go get tested for thyroid problem somewhere else. He went over a plan said I could pick up meds at front desk...  Yeah I picked them up alright ....for Another $80.... $245 so far and I still have to get a prescription filled and test done. He wants me to cone back next Monday for another b12 shot ..more money...  Then go back 28th n every two weeks $65 each visit..  I'M NOT RICH.... I walked in there hopeful...but walked out broke..  
Do they take medicaid?? And is there an office in Richmond, Va? Thanks so much!!
Can someone please tell me of a doctor in the Richmond area that gives the Lipo injections?
Sad but true.... he is in it for the money.  they dont take insurance.....they first tell you its just 165.00 then you have to come back twice a week for the b12 shots...which helped with energy but was slower on the weight loss...then you have to buy his prescription pills behind the counter so insurace doesn't help you with that either.    He is in it for the money.... plain and simple and it will cost you a fortune to lose weight his way.  we should just go to weight watchers and take b12 from the vitamin store.  beware.... he isn't the answer.  
You only have to get the B12 shot once per week, not twice.  Yes, he has some meds over his counter, but it is because they are supplements.  Just so everyone is clear, no insurance company is going to pay for any of your visits to a weight loss clinic of ANY kind.  Bariatric medicine is no longer covered.  I don't agree with this, but it's just how it is.  
You can go to Costco and get your phentermine for 6.59, that's just over 13 bucks a month, so that can help with cost.  The Vit. B12 that you get in the vitamin store does not absorb into the system like a shot does, so shots are your better choice.  
My first visit with Dr. Johnson was pricey, but he was very concerned about cost and instead of giving me the 3 meds he usually likes to prescribe, he agreed to only give me 2 and we would see how it goes.  
I don't think he is in it for the $ in the way you are describing.  I mean, all businesses have to make money.  I also think that even though you are taking his prescriptions you need to educate yourself on the things that will help weight loss along with the meds and shots.  
I have only lost 10 lbs. in the 3 weeks I've been on Dr. Johnson's program, but I've seen great results in the way my clothes are fitting.  
Hope this helps anyone else who is looking to see Dr. Johnson.
Worst thing you could possibly do.  Go to Zacharias Ganey Health Clinic and get healthy without any medications...  I lost 70 pounds there...Zero medications.  I feel amazing.  The other programs in Richmond...They are just taking your money...Really they thrive on your failure.  Zacharias Ganey is the real deal.