Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Attn. simplyjen74, inadaze, etc - updates on progress cont'd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I noticed they closed the other thread and everyone seemed to enjoy and get so much out of it so I thought I'd start another one! Inadaze, was your 11 lbs in one week or a total so far? I was just wondering, but either way, its great! I finally went back today and have lost 8 over the past three weeks. Down to 249 from starting out at 280 in June. So now that I'm back on track getting a shot every week, maybe I'll make that Thanksgiving goal!! Good luck everyone!
Hi,great to hear from you,11.4lbs was last week only 3 the week before.I am not expecting much this Tuesday,but I will post after weighin.It seems like when I have a week like that it is a couple of weeks before I lose again.I missed reading everyones post,I look forward to checking in each day.Keep up the good work.
The phen helps,I think I would still want to eat all the time if I didn't have it.My doc. told me the key to the whole thing is WATER because it works with the lipo to flush fat from the body.I get 1 shot weekly.Keep working hard( look out for constipation..yuk)
Well so far i'm been doing the b12 with lipo shot for one week. I'm so excited i've lost 4 lbs. already. I'm doing 3 shots a week and also drinking alot of water and trying not to eat after 7pm. I would like to hear about everyone elses progress. I'm also thinking about taking phentermine to help me out with my hunger. Good luck to all of you and i'll keep you posted.
that is so amazing about the 11 lbs in one week; I don't think I have ever heard of anyone losing that much in just one week!! The most I have lost in one week is six (and that was back in the beginning.) You must really be working so hard! Way to go!!

I agree about the water. It does work with the shot, whether its lipo or hcg, and it also helps fill you up and keep you from drinking other not-so-good-for-you things like soda!
Thanks,I am proud of the 11lbs,I started at 275lbs which is ALOT and the bigger you are the faster the initial weightloss is.I have a long way to go and I am ready,I am tired of being in this body and am ready for a new way of life,I'm sure you probably know how I feel.Talk to you Tuesday after another weighin...
Congrats, on your 11lb weight loss. That's wonderful!  I received the phentermine yesterday and I started taking it I got the 37.5mg, I've been feeling a little jittery, but as long as helps me lose weight I'll have to stick to it.  I weighed myself again today, I've been doing the shot for 10 days already and have lost 5 lbs.  Don't plan on weighing myself again til' Thursday.  I have 40 more lbs to go.  Starting weight 190 and as of today 185.  YES!!!!!  Good luck to all of you and keep us posted!!!

I have heard that taking the B12 shots and the diet pills that once you stop the weight will come back?

Has this happened to any of you?

What is Lipo & HCG?

Lady Dee
hi,my phen is 15mg,you might have trouble sleeping,congrats on your weightloss I know how hard it is.ladydee,all I really know is hcg flushes fat through blood stream,lipo through the liver,I don't know if one is better,but from reading I think one is probably as good as the other.I am sure some people have probably lost and gained,nothing will work if you don't stay behind it,BUT it is easier to lose 10lb than 100lb anyday.This forum is a great place and will help you,and you can talk with people who you know understand.Good Luck Friends..
how much was the cream, supp.etc?   did you ask the doct about it?  if so what did he say.  it saounds interesting.  i wonder if any doctors near me would have it.  let me know what u know.
Hi everyone,I went to weighin today,I didn't lose any this week,because I cheated 2 times eating out,I am going to work really hard this week to makeup for it.How are all you doing?I seen at the docs office where they are selling mesotherapy,it is cream and a supplement to dissolve fat.Does anyone know about it or have tried it?I don't want to waste $.Everyone have a wonderful day.
It is $80,I seen it on my way out.I ask the receptionist she said it makes you lose inches,I am curious about it.
Glad I found the thread! Wahoo down total 11lbs! In the first month, i think I could have done better but have had a few pms binge days combined with a layoff at work. Skipped the dr this week because of paycheck issues but I'm sure I haven't gained any back...not sure about loosing any extra because I've been indulging in the pity parties a bit much ;)
i go for my first appt next week.  i will have to ask my dr aboutit.  sounds good.  too good to be true?  if u find anything out let me know and i will do the same.  i hope my dr will have it or know what im talking bout.  thaks
Okay, here goes.  I have been following your threads for a month now (esp. simplyjen74).  As inspiration goes, I finally got my Rx and a list of healthy lifestyle changes from my wonderfully supportive Dr. this AM.  I am going to try a new lifestyle with some jump-start help of Phen and see what happens. I have been obese since grade school, never been able to fit in 'normal' clothes or even a bathing suit without a skirt on it and my poor kids...my poor kids, my friends, even my husband I am sure, quietly find themselves embarrased to be seen with me anywhere. I am still the 'smallest' of my two siblings (320 and 390) and my mother (380). I am 232# as of this AM appt. and been hovering between 200-230 since HS graduation in 18yrs ago.  I am depressed, I ache, I'm tired, I'm alienated by my own family (although, I know they don't mean to they really are the best!) and really tired of feeling like I am a jerk for being overweight like this.  I am crying while writing this and praying for some support from you all if you have room for my big butt...lol in your threads. I look forward to everyone's continued success stories so that I may continue to feel like I am not alone. I will update you as well. I am sorry for everyone's uphill battles, but your sharing here is changing my life. Thanx for everyone's inspiration, ;-) today is the first day of the rest of my life.
God's speed to all!
hang in there,you will make it if you don't get discouraged,I know how you feel,I tell my hubby I sure am glad he likes fat girls,I have found I can't worry about tomorrow,I just have to controll what I eat today.Don't look at the big picture now,give yourself a pat on the back for today.Goodluck!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering what happen to you,NO more pity party,let yourself be your job right now and getting healthy.I have decided for the first time in my life"and I'm 42"I am putting me first.Congrats,11 lbs is 2 bags of sugar and a pound of butter.Talk to you soon.
I don't know how anyone takes two of them a day and sleeps at night! If I take them past about 9AM or 10 for sure I'm up for hours. But as far as the 30 lbs, everyone's results are different. I tend to think the faster it comes off the more likely you might be to gain it back, but that may not be true if you're truly eating healthy and keep eating healthy after you meet your goal and stop the meds. It took me five months to lose that much! I "plateaud" and didn't lose anything all through September and some of October. But I kept the faith and its starting to come off again. It just looks like its going to be a slow process for me. I can accept that- as long as I get there! You just have to do what's right for you. Sorry to babble, I wish you the best! As for the energy, I imagine you'll feel a difference next time; like I said everyone's results are different.
I just started this program today after reading  the post for 3 hours last night.  The clinic says the shots are B12 and HCG. I still feel rather tired though.  No energy.  I am taking the pills.  Which is Phendimetarazine(generic for Bontril) One time a day.  No water pills or anything else.  Does 2 x a week work better for the Shots and One lady says she takes 2 of the Phendimetrazine a day.  She lost 30 lbs. in 8 wks.  That doesn't sound safe.  What do you think?
Wow,  I made the mistake of taking my pill at 3 in the afternoon. I was up til 3 AM.  I could not sleep. Kids and husband up by 7 AM and me too.  So, I took my pill then and I just hope I am in bed early tonight....
I am not hungry just thirsty.  I am eating small healthy meals. I have 60 lbs to lose.
My goal is to at least be half way there by Christmas...
Thanx for your words! It was encouraging to get here and find it.  I walked with my dog at 10pm last night when I am usually heading for sleep because I had so much energy to spend, and my husband was really proud of my motivation when I got back.  My dog is overweight too, and she loves to go bye-byes so it was fun to keep up with her. I had less sleep last night than I can ever remember and after getting all in the house going this AM I look forward to another great day!  Hope you have a great day too!
In the same boat with you. A lot of energy, no appetite. I guess I have to take my pill before 8am or I'm up till 1or2 too. I crashed last night though around 10 with a migraine. Not sure if it is a side effect or not...anyone have any thoughts?
Hi there - I didn't see your  original post till just now; welcome welcome! I have certainly been where you're talking about with the depression, feeling bad about myself and feeling alienated and alone. I'm so glad you're choosing to do something about it. How are you feeling with the meds so far?

I started the program after being referred to a dietician for problems with my blood sugar levels and she helped me realize I'd probably have diabetes in a few years if I didn't do something. That was this past spring so since June I've lost 30 lbs. I wish it were more but I'll take what I can get and I do feel better physically and emotionally. It helps a lot to get support from each other on here and I hope you keep checking in. As you can probably see from everyone's posts, there are a lot of ups and downs, you just have to stick with it and keep trying! It will be worth it! Best of luck to you!
hello, I just started B12 W/lipo and phentermine on tuesday. I haven't lost any weight yet but i have stuck to the 975 cal a day diet plan. I cheated yesterday and had an oreo. I'm trying really hard i went to the gym and did 20min cardio and core exercises. For the firsttime in a long time i left the gym with a ton of energy not ready for a nap. I got that bounce back in my step. I am 26 and  
have 30lbs to lose. I'm the assistant manager in a high end clothing store and its hard to dress super cute when you don't really fit the clothes right and all your customers and employees are are a size 0. I start Cosmetology school in Dec. I wanted to get as much off by then as i can. between work and school i don't know when i will be able to work out. You all seem to be doing so well. CONGRATS to all of you!
I sometimes get headaches from the shot but don't know if its the hormone thing or the b12, anyways. I've made the mistake of taking my phen tooo late and paid for it at night, it's hard to believe how much it can throw your chemistry out of wack! Thanks for your kick in the butt over the pity party, foturnatly I found another job that pays the same so it will allow me to continue paying to loose weight ;) I've beat myself up for messing up this last week but oh well, time to move on and move down the scale some more, I'll write again with the report of damage after I get to the dr and see if it I gained any of my weight back by being off of it almost 2 weeks... I pray not because nothing will motivate me more to stop paying if I gained back the weight so quick by not taking the shots/pills. Good luck to everyone, thanks for recreating the thread and WELCOME to the party all those newer posters sharing the journey with us!
cravings cravungs and more cravings ahhhh. i haven't cheated though. I started the shot on tue and the diet on wed. I haven't lost anything. What am i doing wrong. I know I should workout more but i haven't had any time. Do any of you have any words of wisdom.
Bontil is a perscribed appetite suppressant that does not make you feel jittery.  This is suppose to be the first pill that put you up.  If it works you stay on this one, if not they move you up the list of products even including Phentermine. Everyone's body responds differently...
I guess your doctor should be able to tell you why you are not losing weight  and then will give you the proper advice.
We are all going to do this.  Hang in there.
Houston...
hi serendipity, I just wanted to say that " myhealth" hit it on the head when she said we have to have patience. Even though that's really hard to do right now, I know! We want it all to just come off in the blink of an eye but even with the shots its not going to do that. It still takes time and work. Its only been a few days; keep at it and you will see results.  And by the way an oreo now and then never killed anybody! Especially if it keeps you from a bigger binge later.

I take bontril too, and my doctor says it fights the cravings longer into the day because it is time released. But last month when I hit a plateau I switched to phentermine for a while because my body had gotten used to the bontril. It worked, I started losing again. So you just have to find what works best for you. Good luck!

seredipity
What are you eating??? Are you drinking water? Are you taking the Bontril?  Are you eating small meals every few hours?  I think these B12/HCG shots causes some constipation.  I am just hoping that with drinking the water and moving around a bit more, the constipation will pass...
I guess we need a little patience too.
what is Bontril? For breakfast I have 3 egg whites 1/2 an english muffin or pice of toast and 1/2 banana. 8oz non fat milk for a snack. Lunch 1/2 cup tuna, 3/4 cup cottage cheese a veggie and a starch. apple for snack and 5 oz chix and veggie for dinner. (per my DR's diet plan) i cut out all caffine i had 2 diet sodas caffine free though. i drink abour 50oz of water. I try to drink more. Any suggestions. I'm 5'1 and 130lbs. I want to be 110lbs. I know it doesn't sound like a lot of weight but 8 months ago i was 106lbs before my DR put me on medication. I gained all the weight in 3 months. I went of the meds 2 and  1/2 months ago and i can't get the weight off.
thank you guys. that really helped. I just feel like the weight went on so easy it should come off just as easy. Not the case I know. I went to the gym this morning and did 35 min of cardio.  I haven't been able to make it past 10 min in months. I have my energy back so i'm happy about that. I have never been a patient person but i have to be now and remember that I want this to be a life long change so as long as it comes off thats all that matters.

What do you guys think about a cheat day. am i better off having a cookie or some jelly beans here and there or save my sweet tooth for one day. I keep reading about stars and there diets and they have cheat days. like sundays they will eat whatever they want. What is better? Have any of you tried a cheat day or do you allow yourselves a little treat here and there?

You guys are all doing really great keep it up!
Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't posted my progress, I've been working non-stop.  Okay so I started b12 with lipotropics on oct 5 so that makes it 2 weeks and 4 days, so far I have lost 9 lbs.  YESSSS!!!!  I'm so excited that I found something that actually works.  I'm also taking the phentermine, but it does get me a little jittery and sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep, buy hey as long as the weight keeps coming off, its all good.  I do try and take a break from the phentermine maybe once or twice a week, that way I can sleep a little better and don't feel jittery as much.  On the days that I don't take it i'm really careful not to eat so much.  I'm also not eating after 6pm just maybe on family night when we go out to eat.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND CONGRATS ON THE ONE THAT ARE LOSING WEIGHT..i'll keep you guys posted.
I don't mean to waste our comments - I guess they will close us off again at 45 - but I thought everyone might get a kick out of this. My mom cut it out of the paper. Anyway, we can always start another one again!

Dieter's Prayer

Lord, Grant me the serenity to accept the foods that I ought to have, the courage to reject the ones that I should not have, and the wisdom to know... that a little chocolate never hurt anybody!!
Thank you for motivating me! I think I will go do some cardio now!!

It seems like most people are a little more lax on the weekend than during the week; its easier to be strict during the week when you're on routine with work/kids or whatever. So when you do really good all week you feel like maybe you earned a little reward.

but like I said you have to find what will work best for you. You definitely do not want to feel deprived, cause eventually you'll probably cheat big or go off all together. You can find all kind of fat free desserts and things that will satisfy your sweet tooth that will work with your plan. I had a weight watchers cookie dough ice cream the other day that I swear was better than the real thing. Those little protein bars come in some sweet flavors, too and they are a great energy boost in the afternoon. good luck and keep up the good work!
hey guys,today is Tuesday,I lost 5.4 lbs this week,hope everyone does good this week,hang in there....
Olive oil taste good on salads. That's a good fat...
A salad without dressing is boring. Try having a salad with Lettuce, Cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and add some lemon, salt, pepper, and if you like it spicy add some hot sauce. Tastes good and lemon helps burn fat.
hello everyone.  i enjoy all of you post.  it has helped me.  i look for support from here only as i dont have it else where.  i went for my first appt yesterday at the dr.  he gave me phenterime 37.5, a h20 fluid pill and hcg shots once a week.  i think the fluid pill is dyazide...which i am to take every other day.  i am to eat 800 to 1000 caories a day.  cearal for beakfast and had my salad for linch but cant have any dressing....kinda gross.  i really hope this will work for me.  i was wondering if anyone had any tasteful food suggestions.  i am afraid salad w/ no dressing is gonaa get old.  i can also have fruit, veggies, chicken, steak, fish.  i dont really ever eat fish but they pushed it the most.  what kind is best.  can i get like  frozen kind?  
i am kinda nervous!  can u tell?  hahah
i took my first shot yesterday and stated the pills this morning.  we will see.
please wish me luck.
Okay I haven't posted for a while- Today marks a month but I won't weigh in until tomorrow at my Dr appointment.I have done some losing- in the first 3 weeks I have lost 12 pounds total- but I am guessing this week is not going to be too good.Not only am I on my period but I also have cheated quite a bit.The diet they want me to be strict with is very high protein and low carbs.But not high fat like atkins.SO I am supposed to eat 6 small meals- about every 2.5 hours during the day.Each of these little meals are supposed to be at least 20 grams of proten and 5 grams carb.So the protein / carb ratio is 75/25.By the end of the day they want a women consuming 120 g of protein or more.I was trying really hard at first to be strict- but it has  been way hard,sometmes I don't eat just because I can't decide what to eat.Ihad a lot of gals who go to the same clinic I do say the same thing.Or other times I just have a nasty protein shake to get it over with.Now I have kind of decided that as long as I eat sensible and consume around 1000 calories maybe I shouldn't worry about it.They only give us the shot once a week.When I get a little extra $ I will order the lipo b12 and take it once a week, half way in between the hcgb12 shot.I can bring my shots home to do them myself, and I will do that- as my 12 year old gives me the shot and does a better job than the clinic.SHe takes her time and I don't even feel it.They go so fast it leaves a mark and hurts real bad and is bruised till the next time I go back.Oh and tons of water- sometimes not so easy.The worst thing is I am forever constipated.Until after 2 or 3 lax a day- after about 5 days it finally gives.This is a little normal as I have IBS and usually only go about 1-2 weekly.But it makes you feel miserable.I have not even started excercising yet- so I am gonna try to get more focsed on the eating and the workout.Best of luck to everyone!I love to see everbodys results because it is so encouraging.
I want to know more about the b-12/lipo or b-12/hcg.  I have been reading all of these forums for over a week.  Yall seem to know a lot.  I am worried about side affects, etc.  Do you know of any.  I looked on dietsolutions and it doesn't give out that kind of info.  What is the differece between the two?  I have read the lipo goes through your liver, is that ok?  Is it healthy, I guess I am asking.  I have taken so much in the past to loose weight. But I like to read about it before I do it.  I don't want to mess up my health.  Currently I am taking a appetite suppressant that is call tenuate.  I really like taking it.  I am absolutely not hungry.  I could go all day and not eat.  The first week on it I do notice my body telling me to eat, but I am really not hungry.  This pill doesn't give you the gitters.  I just have been reading all of this and this lipo sounds wonderful, I am wanting to know what you know from experience.  How is it making you feel?  Besides the constipation!!!  ha ha
hey skinny wishes have you figured out anything on your salad dressing issues yet?? I wouldn't worry about it too much; I would do what works best for me, it isn't like the world's gonna end if you have dressing and isn't like you're not gonna lose weight either, just from that one thing. I've heard a good idea is to put your dressing on the side and dip your bite of salad into it so you don't get too much. Also, what about that new spray kind? I use fat free Italian myself, and as I have said many times, I don't get caught up in counting every little calorie or worrying about every single thing I can or can't have. I just try to have as healthy, balanced, low cal meals and snacks as possible and I am losing weight. And I believe its something I can stick to for life.

I weighed in Thursday and have lost 4 more lbs. That's 33 total! Cknol, I've been on hcg since June with no side effects except maybe mild acne. Some people report headaches and/or minor muscle aches in the beginning. I didn't experience that. I have read that there is a slight risk of cancer since it is a hormone but it is very slight. I read a ton of success stories where people lost weight and kept it off for many years with no ill effects whatsoever.
hey girl thanks for the very kind words, but I only wish I had it down pat!! Believe me I cheat sometimes! That's why I haven't lost more than I have. I saw what you said somewhere else about Halloween. My kids won a cake in a cake walk at our church's fall festival, and who has had a piece almost every day since Sunday? That's right  - me! And Dr. Pepper is so my weakness. I was doing really good until I went back to work a couple of months ago, but now when I have a stressful day that's what I want! Anyway, you just have to stay in the game and don't beat yourself up. Every little step gets you closer to the goal, right? I know this time I am changing my habits for life and when the weight comes off it will stay off; its just going to be a very slow process! Well, good luck and let me know if I can do anything to help!
thanks, i am going to try the spray.  oh and way to go on your weight loss! proud of ya!  i dont think ive lost any yet?! i dont feel like it anyways at all!  i am trying really hard though.  i wish i could get out and exercise more but its har with the weather and 2 really young kids (one thats infant) dont  want to get them sick not to mention how hard it is to get ready and go out with them both.:-)  yeah its hard to keep track of those calories, they can easily slip by u.  and somethings u dont know how many they have either?  well you seem do have it down pat and its working for you and u give us all hope!  thanks again and keep up the good work.  let us know!
hey all. new to the site but have been reading post for about a week nnow. i recently heard of b12 and phentermine so ive beeeen googling and you tubing the topics. i am amazed at the weightl loss you guys have experienced and am looking forward to my own. last time i weighed myself i was hovering around 230 (gasp) and am probably more by now since that was almost a year ago. i just called a weight loss clinic and am planning to go in on this thursday. my family has a ski trip planned for december and i wasnt to look hot out on the snow. i would ike to lose 80 pounds by then. that gives me about 11 months. is that to beig of a goal? i plan on doing the b12 and phentermine along with exercise, calorie counting, water, and laxative on the weekends. is anyone else on the regimine (spell check) i just described?
Hi everyone....so its been 7 sdays since I started my weight loss mission. After i had my son total weight 253 I decidesd to breastfees til at least 6months and with that and eating healthier I was able to loose about 37lbs on my own but then I platoed which is ok since I was that big on it due to breastfeeding but now that Iam not anymore im ready to get my body back i started 7days been taking phen 37.5mg and b12 also lipo b complex shot I def feel energized again  and I do reccommemd LOTS of water since then phen drys out my mouth at least...I havent weighed myself yet lil scared but starting this new regiman 216 my goal is at least 170 and I am sure then I will feel back to normal....any other recomm for a specific diet just to help it along???