Weight Loss Alternatives Community
B-12 AND PHETERMINE...WHY ISN'T IT WORKING.???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HI GUYS!! I'VE STARTED MY B-12 SHOTS AS OF JAN.16.2006 AND I'VE LOST 24 POUNDS WHICH I DON'T THINK IS GOOD BECAUSE I WANTED TO AVERAGE 30 POUNDS A MONTH CAUSE MY HUBBY'S IN IRAQ AND I WANNA BE LIL WHEN HE COMES BACK!! I DO TAKE A WATER PILL AND PHENTERMINE PILL OFF AND ON CAUSE IT MAKES MY STOMACH HURT DO YOU THINK THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME LOSING WEIGHT NPOT AS RAPID..?? PLEASE SOME ONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS CAUSE I HVAE BOUT 4 MONTHS LEFT TO DROP LIKE 80 POUNDS!! PLEASE PLEASE GET BACK TO ME!!
Like I said on your other posting CONGRATS on your 24 pounds!
I started getting sick when I first took my Phen and water pill. Are you eating breakfast with them? I never eat breakfast, but when I started these meds I had to eat a little breakfast bar with them...they will make you sick if you take them without eating.
I found that I had to stop taking the water pill after 2 days because it made me so sick. I never want to feel like that again. My doctor said the water pill just gives the Phen a little kick start. I would talk to your doctor though...he may have given it to you for another reason.
If it was me I would try taking the Phen everyday for a week and drop the water pill (if your doctor says you can)and see what kind of results you see.
Maybe someone else can give you some better advise, but I think 24 pounds in such a short period of time is GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!
I wish your husband a safe homecoming!
WOW I WOULD SAY IT WORKS IF YOU ALREADY LOST 24 LBS. GOOD JOB. DON'T WORRY. EVEN THAT MUCH WEIGHT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. YOUR HUSBAND WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE YOU LOST SOME WEIGHT RATHER THAN NONE. JUST A SUGGESTION. MY DOCTOR HAS ME ADDING 2TEASPOONS OF LEMON JUICE TO MY WATER. THE LEMON JUICE WILL HELP FLUSH THE WATER RATHER THAN STORE IT..... TRY IT. IT MAY HELP YOU. GOOD LUCK AGAIN!
Hello ,I just got my first prescription today for phentermine.  dr. gave me 30 37.5 mg . Im thinking about starting them next week but I wanted to ask my reg. dr and ask about taking b12 shots. Do you have to take the phen same day you start shot? and how often should i get a shot? also, do you want to eat while on phen and shots? or does it not make you hungry? should you still really watch what you eat? i've been trying to eat better the past 3 weeks and only lost 2 lbs. I need to lose at least 40lbs by may 20th for vacation.
Hi Everyone. I went and got my first shot today, as well as the pills. I was talking to other women in the waiting area, and I was very pleased at what  I was told.As for the pills to surpress your appetite,it's split down the middle. I had a few women tell me, they were unable to take them, due to upset stomach, and vomitting. I have not started my pills today, I will tomrrow. I hope I am able to take them, because I heard form another patient that it helps her so much, that she has to make herself eat, and it makes your mouth so dry that you cant help but drink alot of water.
they sent home a diet plan with me telling me the foods i can and cant eat(BUMMER) but it's cool, as long as it's effective i CAN DO IT!!! i am 26 years old 195lbs  5"7 WOW, I know, SHOCKED the hell outta me too!
I am currentley a 12 sometimes 14. Mostley 12's though
:-) I hope to be down to a 7. if I loose the wieght, i will be indeed. I have been taking the pills for 2 days, and I got my shot on Monday. I have been eating pretty well. I got up this morning and worked out with Billy Blanks. My weigh in is April 2, I will keep you guys posted!
I dont know why, but for some reason, it has not sunk in that I could actually loose the weight. I read you guys comments, and success stories, but I just dont believe I could actually be skinny AGAIN, I really hope this works for me. Thanks for listening!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONGRATS BUT..I USED TO BE A SIZE 10 AND THAT WHAT I WANNA BE DOWN TO RIGHT NOW I WEIGH 270 BUT I CAN STILL FIT INTO A 18 SOMETIMES A 20 AND MY HUSBAND SAID HE DOESN'T MIND BUT I  KNOW IT HAS TO BOTHER HIM I REALLY WANT TO BE DOWN TO A 10 BY THE TIME HE RETURNS!! BUT GOOD LUCK TO EVERYOONE!! I HOPE WE ALL DO WELL!!
Hi Everyone
I have been taking phetermine for 3 days now. What water pill or shot is everyone talking about my doctor never recommended that? When did everyone weigh themselves for the first time after starting the pill?  Good Luck!!
It does work!!!!  I started 2 weks ago, I had my 2nd weigh in today and have lost a total of 13 1/2 lbs.  I am drinking atleast 100 oz. of water a day, elliptical or walking for atleast 30 minutes, (maybe a little less, I slacked a few times, even took a few bites of stuff that I should not have),   Breakfast is a boiled egg or two and maybe 2 pineapple rings, orange, apple, watermelon (just one)  serving is not that important with the watermelon, I eat till I am full.  Lunch 1 or 2 hot dogs, (no bun), vegetable, fruit, and maybe sugar free pudding or jello, dinner steak, chicken, hot dog, turkey, whatever.  Only one though. Of course a veggie and a fruit.  

I have also found that the flavored water is best, as well as the sparkling, as long as it is zero all the way down.  Tea with lemon and sweet ans low is great too, that is my new bud light, j/k, .

I am so pleased.  Cant wait till next week, bet I will see 20 1bs. this month.  I know some that have lost faster, but for me I am happy.  Started at 185, want to see 135/140, and I will.  Might take a few months, but I can and will do it.
Today I took my first phentermine 37.5at 7:40 one hour after breakfast, I did not get any energy, I had to actually go and lay down and take a nap. I did drink alot of water BUT NOT beacause i got dry mouth. Yesterday at the doctors office the nurse gave me a B12 shot. I dont understand what im doing wrong!