B 12 injections and Weight Loss
Seen the Doctor recieved B 12 shots I want to know how much B 12 is in the shots, and what kind needle and syringe they use have a friend who's a nurse who can give the shots. The doctor charges $47.00 a week.I cant afford that. The shot's work great though I loose from 3-5lbs a week. I can order the B 12 and syringes online.
I went to my regular doctor (general practicioner) and asked for a prescription for B12.  The prescription is for a 30 ml vial, dosage is 1 ml once per month.  The cost for the prescription was under $10 at my local pharmacy and insurance paid for most of that (my out of pocket was about $2).  It's a vitamin and it's good for you.  The injections are really easy and painless to give to yourself.
Also, there's a video on mydietsolutions.com that shows you how to give injections, both to yourself and to others.
I've just today become aware of sublingual B12 at a health food store while shopping for something else.  I'm Canadian and no doubt it's available in the U.S. as well.  
90--1000 mcg pills for $12 Canadian.
Check it out people!  This form becomes absorbed into the bloodstream thru mucosa in the mouth.
I used to take B12 shots but scar tissue and soreness in the arm is just horrible.
Best wishes from the miserable north country..
mak
I just visited mydietsolutions.com and they are no longer allowing people to purchase their shots online!  Does anyone have information on an alternative (SAFE) source?  I would really appreciate it!
I've been a patient of mydietsolutions for well over a year now and have never had any problems whatsoever with their products not being SAFE.  From what the office has told me, Dr. Gates simply wants to be in compliance with every letter of the law (unlike some fly-by-night clinics out there I might add) so in order to do so they are re-vamping their injectibles and their online site.  This takes time... and I personally am very willing to wait.  There should be MORE doctors out there, REAL doctors like Dr. Gates, who are as willing to do what he's doing.
omg!  I really didn't mean to come off like I was saying he/his site wasn't safe!!  I have ordered from them before and was asking if there was another safe place to get the shots!!  lol - I'm sorry about that - no, I totally agree with you - their products are absolutely safe and I hope that we can order from them in the future!
LOL... sorry about that as well.  I LOVE Dr. Gates and his staff, and his products (like you also said) have been totally safe and I'm eagerly awaiting his opening them back up for  ordering again.  I was on the phone right away with them as soon as I got their newsletter LOL.  Like I said before, I'm sooooo glad that he's such an awesome doctor and has no problem with doing things to keep his site and practice up to snuff at all times!  I wish some of our local doctors would be as responsible... the world would be a much better place!
Blessings!
anyone ever have any pain develop after having a b12 injection?  My husband had two injections in the same spot one day apart.  Now his butt muscle is sore and cramping.  Is this just from the injections at the same sight?
I have recently ordered b-12 from b12-shots.com.
No real issues so far. Very easy, and wasn't expensive.
I'll let everyone know in 6 days if I've received the shipment. It's coming from Canada, and I've never ordered from over seas. So we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed.

I've been wanting the energy boost to get through the day, and have my "normal" active life back. I'm so lazy, and I'm super unmotivated to participate in typical activities I used to LOVE. So hopefully this will allow me to get that back, and then maybe not gain any more weight!! Thanks!
Hey! My doctor told me there would be some cramping from the shot. She told me all you need to do is take a potassium pill everyday and you won't have anymore cramping.
What injection dosage of B-12 do most people use?

Thanks a bunch.
Where do you get the shots at, your doctor?
email: ***@****
I started 2 weeks ago in the Netherlands B12 shots twice a week for my chronic fatigue syndrome. Anyway, I paid 42 euro's of 16 shots. My docter gives them to me (insurance) .Each shot is a hydrocobamine 10mg/2ml (which is 10.000mcg, fairly high doses). I feel so much more energetic which will hopefully help me as well to loose weight because of that.
I heard on the news the other day that the drug cyanocobalamine has cyanide in it hence the name cyano
cyano simply means dark blue not cyanide. Don't believe everything you see on the news.
Butt muscle sore? I wonder if who ever did the injection put it in the muscle instead of between the muscle and the skin????
My nurse sticks mine in the fatty part of the back of my hip.

to get rid of the syringe and needle, i remove the syringe and break it in half, then clip the needle in half, wrap it in some tp and toss in trash.  Hosptials, clinics, dr office has to account for their needles, us people do not.

This might cause controversy, but if we dont touch the needle, and use an alcohol prep pad on the site, I dont see why we could not use the same syring and needle a couple of times.   Diabetics do, at least those that cant afford a new one every time.  "I was just say'n though"

The new nurse at my Dr. office decided today that I was not suppose to be getting the shots once a week,but only once a month!!!!!  So, now I have a delima.... I dont figure I will be able to get around her, I assume the other nurse was pocketing the money. lol
|
Now where to buy the B12.  On line it could be red water for all we know. Or not have near as much as we think.   Im thinking the Vet place would be the best shot.  shot lol.
Cat? its not hard to do the injection your self, the needle is very tiny.  Do you know a Diabetic that could show you how to draw up the med, and inject it?
Can someone please help me find a doctor that gives, the b12 shots in Corpus Christi Tx Thanks in advance. Im actually located in Flour Bluff! Thanks in advace
You can get the shots at the Internet medical clinic on Corona in Corpus Christi.  I just started the program yesterday.
I am 48 and in the "80's" where HCG clinics were everywhere, I did that diet--I was amazed at that diet, but there are consequences to that magic I did not know of at the time. First, if your female, your reproductive hormones are "on steroids", literally. You can become pregnant at the drop of a hat and I did, which did not go well. I wasn't allowed to take them while pregnant, and I grew 80 lbs--unbelievable speed--about the same speed as what I had lost taking the shots, and next, at the tender age of 21, I had ruptured my gallbladder from so many stones! They asked me in the hospital if I had done the HCG thing, because they said there was evidence that HCG users develop gall stones more frequently than others, and I was only 21--questionable for any doctor to see, I am sure, but even after the baby was born, I got right back on the shots and I never did really get all that baby weight off--though I did get close, but then the local clinics dried up and I figured it was because it was unsafe---but I did work for a doctor's office, and he let us give ourselves shots of B-12 if we wanted and I did feel incredibly energetic, which was necessary for my job at that time.
I give myself injections because of anemia. I'm also a nursing student (almost a graduate) and have been trained in IM and SQ injections. You should NOT have to pay to get a shot of B12 unless you actually see your Dr. You should be able to call it a "nurse visit" and this should do away with   the copay issue. Just an FYI
LOL. I didn't realize how old this posting was, I was simply googling B12 and ran across this site. Sorry to rehash old issues. LOL
WHAT DO I TELL MY DR TO GET HER TO PRESCRIBE B12?
I took the b12 shots and I didn't loose any weight.
So I think that weight loose thing is a big fat lie.
b 12 shots online *******
Works for me being borderline anemic.
Help!!  How much B-12 should I take for energy loss??? Injections..Thanks  
Anyone know of a reasonable doc in SF Bay Area????
I have been taking the lypotropic, B12 and B6 (three in one) for a few weeks.  I take one to two injections a week.  I can tell you that the boost of energy is amazing!!  It allows me to push myself a little harder in the gym.  I am on a low cal/low fat diet with it.  Doctor charge different prices for these injections.  I would suggest not getting them online b/c you truly do not know what you are injecting.  I would suggest your doctor or a weight loss clinic.  I get my three in one injections for about 25 bucks a piece.  
I obtain my B12 at Trimnutrition.com. I get a 30ml vial, 30 syringes, 30 alcohol preps and bandaids all for 29.95. I've used them for a couple of years especially now that I'm in my 50's and vegetarian to boot. I usually recieve my order within 24-48 hours and it's nice not having to put out extra dollars for all the extra and getting everything in one kit. Yes it is legal to get B12 in the US, just pharmacies make alot more. Trimnutrition is in Florida also and not out of country. If you can afford the better which is the metho (bypasses liver) instead even better but as I said it's much more expensive. It has made a significant difference in my energy levels especially with my profession in the medical field which is very busy and draining most days. I do one injection monthly then if I need to do an extra injection I do. 30ml's goes a long ways!!!
Today, I rec'd my 1st B-12 shot. I also felt GREAT about 20 minute's after receiving the injection. My Dr also charges a large fee ($25.00) for the injection and recommends having it once a week. I wish I could afford that. But, my copayment alone is $25! So, it's a $50 visit every week. I've been researching getting them online so that I may save a little money and also to have the freedom to inject @ home..I've been a paramedic for 15 yrs..so I don't mind injecting at all.
My concern with the Dr I see is; he has a tendancy to cheap out occasionally. What is the actual dosage that one would need to have the maximum benifits? And..how often? Can you do it every couple of days? Last question is : Does B12 help at all with anxiety and depression? I've been thinking of adding it to my daily anti-dpreasant? Along with Fish Oil...
Ty to everyone who posts on this board..All of your posts were very helpful. Ty for sharing...:)
Tammy Lynn
I have read that the B12 works best in a B complex mixture to "maintain homocysteine levels".  I find it helps with my stamina when I take HCY Guard from Trivita.com (sublingual - under the tongue) 2 - 3 times a week.  I, too, take an anti-depressant.  Of course, on this HCG vlcd we can't do the fish oil, but anything that doesn't have oil base that assists our well-being hopefully won't detract from our weight loss. Many HCG web sites sell the B12 supplements, so it would appear that many people feel weak on this regemine and need the boost that B12 offers.  Again, I say that it works best with the other B's added in.  You can read more about it in the articles on www.trivita.com.
Cyanocobalamin Injectable can be bought all over, including from Vets.

http://xrl.us/bh793e

Supposedly, American Regent is one of the best brands.

http://xrl.us/bh793v

Good luck people!

Alex

http://xrl.us/bh793e

http://xrl.us/bh793v

Good luck people!

Alex
I believe that surgeon is totally wrong on the statement is written here, for the simple fact that the shots are only for boosting the energy level on a individual and increasing the metabolism is used accompany with other supplements to loss weight and is only $5 per shot anywhere you go to and trust me it works because I lost 90 pounds on a weight management program with it.
I hate to be the one to inforn you but i have been on v-b12 injections for just about a year and a half and i have LOST 165 POUNDS i had tried and tried and tried and just a month after my first injection i had lost 20 pounds in a month and wasnt even trying i have recently switched doctors and have not had one in a couple months and i havent lost an ounce and i have actually gained 5-7 pounds i agree you have to watch what you eat and still exercise but the v-b12 injection took away my appetite and gave me a butt load of energy so i was able to exercise so YES VITAMIN B-12 INJECTIONS DO HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS I AM PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've  been going to Dr, Berstien for about 2 months now with about 20 pds lost, I  have just come from my drugist and he will sell me b12 and the needles..doesn't have the b6 in liquid form...how much of b12 in the needle should one take?
I have been given the script by my dr.  my potassium magnesium was way low.  I have lost 15 lbs...NOT DUE TO B12.. but to low levels of the above.  I got really sick.  I had no appetite, heart palps, numbness of my arm, "hot" pins/needles in my hands.  I thought I was having a heart attack.  I am 43 and was really scared.  Dr put me on magnesium, potassium, blood press med and the b12 injection.  I DO NOT NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!  
I have just never been on any many "supplements".  (much less an injection)
I felt no energy effect from my first shot, and not sure if i should continue.  New blood draw on mon 4-18-11, so we'll see.
I see this is an old post forum, but thought I'd request any thoughts that may come my way...thanks Susan
I believe "surgeon" is not seeing the big picture.  Of course B-12 is not some magic weight loss potion.  However, the fact that it gives you more energy will allow a person to exercise more often and with more intensity.  That is what can lead to more weight loss.  B-12 isn't going to help an unmotivated person lose weight, but it can be a great tool for the motivated.
Anyone lives in NYC and knows where I can find a dr. that gives the b12/liptropic shots?

Thank you
hi i have a question i suffer from hipo thyroid i am always tired and weak i gane 80 ponds and cant lose it the doctor says tha i am ok but i dont feel ok i feel sick my hands hert
I have had the injections and did notice the energy, which is fantastic because i am very sensitive to stimulants,, i can't even have caffeine. I'm looking what orally B12 does the same as a shot of B12?  Just really hate shots, it was costing me $20 a shot.
orb4me
The B12 shot is supposed to be IM (Intramuscular), or very deeo subq (subcutaneuous)  It works best into the muscle.  It should not be injected shallowly under the skin.  You need to use a 1" needle. One of the side-effects from B12 shots is cramping and sore muscles, as well as soreness at the injection site.  There are other possible side effects including swelling, palpitations, anxiety, etc...including some rare but serious risks such as pulmonary edema, heart failure and severe allergic reaction.
For those people wanting to take the shot on their own, without medical supervision, just make sure to talk to your doctor first and have a medical professional give the first shot.  Self-administering shots needs to be done correctly, and only a nurse/doctor can properly instruct.  I am a health professional and have self-administered shots.  I did get some side effects, including pain at the injection site and swelling of the feet.
The hype over the use of B12 for weight loss should be measured carefully against the risks before you undertake this.
Also...don't reuse needles...you could cause yourself a serious infection.  And throwing them into the trash is very dangerous, and uncool, as you are subjecting the people who handle the trash to the risk of needle-stick injury and blood contamination.  Just get a cheap sharps disposal container.
you are all mad! injecting yourself to lose weight?!?!?! get a grip people! dont inject b12 unless you have pernicious anaemia!
I agree with "weightlossmadness"! Do not inject yourselves for energy.  I previously had 7 transfusions and now I need nothing for energy nor for good blood levels.  I juice, spinach, kale, chard, carrots, beets, celery, bell peppers and what ever fruit you want to add and you will see and fee l the difference in just a matter of a couple of days.  I feel it instantly.  I used to take multivitamins and have no need for them now.  It's been about 3 years now.  Try it.
B12 injection in Canada are available in FINLADIA pharmacy on BROADWAY
in Vancouver,BC

YOU probably looking for lipotropic B12, which helps to melt fat.
hi Sandy
I wanted to ask you about your experience with these injections.
I am also in Vancouver and thinking of purchasing it.
DR'S INJECTIONS IN VANCOUVER ARE SO EXPENSIVE.
WOULD YOU MIND TO GIVE MORE INFO.   THANK YOU KINDLY
PLEASE WOULD YOU TELL ME WHICH PHARMACY YOU ORDERED IT
THANK YOU
i did the same and it did not help. Vitamin b itself is not working as the lipotropic
are you still looking to buy the b12 injection vials?

I've been giving B-12 shots to family members. I've been thinking of starting a business doing this. Do you know if you need a special license to give B-12 shots at home? Is it cheaper for you to buy the B-12 at a vet? Sounds interesting.