Weight Loss Alternatives Community
B 12 injections and Weight Loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

B 12 injections and Weight Loss

Seen the Doctor recieved B 12 shots I want to know how much B 12 is in the shots, and what kind needle and syringe they use have a friend who's a nurse who can give the shots. The doctor charges $47.00 a week.I cant afford that. The shot's work great though I loose from 3-5lbs a week. I can order the B 12 and syringes online.
Whats is the difference from taking a vitamin orally B12 and getting a shot of B12?  Is there a major difference in the weight someone loses.
B12 shots for weight loss are bogus, and serve mainly to provide the doc with $47 per week. It's a ripoff. Absolutely, 100%; and any doctor who gives it as a weightloss treatment is dishonest or stupid; probably both. The data are absolutely clear. Like any treatment you can name, there will be testimonials about its wonderfulness. The weightloss from B12 injections, is the same as from injections of any non-active material. Meaning for some, there will be weight loss if they believe strongly enough in it and mainly, if that belief leads to other life-style changes, involving a change in the amount of calories taken in versus the amount burned. You increase burning by increasing activity. B12 has nothing to do with it. Save your money and find another way to re-balance your calories.
I had my first b12 shot yesterday and I already feel a boost in energy, but where do you buy the b12 injection online?  My husband is an RN and I would like to get him to administer instead of paying for a dr visit every 30 days or so.  I'm exploring the b12 shot for treatment of chronic fatigue more than weight loss, but if I lose weight that would just be a plus.
go to google and type B12. i did the other day and a few came up.i i saw was like 5 vials for $9.95. thats about as far as i got though.
I have heard nothing but great things about b-12 shots. I'm not so much interested in the weight-loss aspect, but more into getting that "boost" of energy on certain days when I'm fatigued.

A few questions/comments:
-Is it legal to purchase injectable B-12 in the U.S.?
-Are there are any downsides to using b-12 injections?
-Can you "overdose"? How much is too much?
-If you start taking these injections, do you eventually build a tolerance like you do some meds?
-Is the B-12 "boost" I hear people talking about a pure energy boost, or is it some kind of high? I don't want it to cloud my thinking or cause shaking, nervousness, or anything.

I was looking on the web and thinking about ordering a vial from Mexico or Canada to try it out. It's pretty easy to find.

By the way, I can't validate the remarks on the attached link, but I thought I'd pass it on. Obviously, B-12 tablets and sublingual liquid are easy to come by. This article explains why administering B-12 orally (both tablets and sublingual)doesn't work. The article also talks about a different method of administration that you can do TODAY. (Like I said, I haven't tried this - so please proceed at your own risk.)

http://www.doctoryourself.com/nasal.html
I do home injections of B12 - it was too costly to continue getting them done at the Dr's office.  

Even cheaper than filling the Dr's RX is to order them online.  I order mine from a vet supply - so, if you're weirded out by that, just ignore this message and don't bash me.  It's still B12 - just made for large animals... works just the same.  I prefer subq - seems to work better for me.
I was wondering what was the vet website that you ordered the b12 shots from and has it been working for you?
all I have to say, is I FEEL FANTASTIC after i got my shots.
it was b12 mixed with fat burning amino acids.
I was so lucky to find this doctor in bevely hills. read my other comments on this website.
Dr K is great. his number is 818-996-1048 or 866-9delight
call him. he is worth it
Listen to Surgeon and save your money - the only thing that will get skinnier is your wallet believe me - I take B12 shots because I have to and I don't lose weight - Where I live a pack of five injections costs 20 Euro about 16 dollars - now they are cheap - that is for 1000 mg shots - So any doctors charging more than that is out for profit... do the research - energy boosting yes! of course they are - but at what cost - to your pocket and your longterm health?? Cynocobalamin is the medical term - These injections have been livesavers for those suffering from Pernicious Anemia - and a boost of energy to those willing to use them, but they don't keep weight off not to a degree worth noticing and certainly not for the long term - its a bit like the
cabbage soup diet, interesting, a fad, but not a longterm solution.

Best regards with your weight loss endevours - I know it can be a bloody nuisance when it won't shift!!

Regards
Jane
You have to have a prescription for B12 and the syringes.  I get mine from Costco.  $6 for a vial and $14 for 100 syringes.  I take 1 1/2 cc 3 times a week due to Lupus and the fatigue associated with it.  The vial will last me 2 months.  The doctor is ripping you off.  Yes it does make a difference with the energy level!  I didn't think that it did so I stopped getting the injections when my nurse friend went to Europe for a month, then decided to start giving them to myself.  Not only do I have more energy, I sleep better.  I think this it what makes you loose the weight is because the more energy you have the more you move the more you move the more calories you burn.  I also buy the B Complex from the Feed Supply.  This is what they use for horses highly recommended by my dr.  The problem with the pills is your body doesn't absorb them.  To answer the previous question you can't overdose on B12.  The problem is doctors give heroine prescriptions more freely than B12 prescriptions.  Bottom line is $47 for an injection is high but your not just paying for the shot you are paying for the doctors overhead.
I have an even better alternative to your shots if you're just doing it for the energy boost.  We have an energy drink called XS.  We're number 2 behind red bull and we aren't even in stores.  It's amazing - 8 calories no carbs no sugar and actually tastes great!  Email me if you're interested in more info.  ***@****
hello people,
after reading these messages, i want to let everyone know that i have tried alot of different methods and have read alot of literature. 1st comment: directed to migliz, i dont think that these message boards should be used for you to advertise your product.  comment #2: sewcreative, why are you so against doctors, it is because people try to take their weight controll in their own hands that we have more than half of our country being overweight and spending money on unaffective weight loss stuff. anyways, i teach and dealt with alot of people like myself who swasted their time because they didnt want to go to a doctor for their weight. unfortunately for us. their are not alot of doctors specialised in weight problems. but there is a society of doctors that are specialised in obesity and weight loss. they are called bariatric physicians. i was fortunate enough to find a doctor in los angeles (beverly hills) that is one of these doctors, so that makes me assured that he is doing the right thing and not trying to rip me off. besides, this guy's prices are too cheap, believe me!!! i know! actually its the guy that tarapogany recomended ( you can see her comment in this section 2 or 3 above mine. delight medical. call him up, he is one of the few good guys out there.
if you are trying to find injectable b-12 try looking for the word cyanocobalamin.
i get a 15 month supply (2ml once a month) for 4.00 US
I just wanted to say its not the b12 that makes you lose weight. Thats just a energy booster. Phendimentrazine/calcium pruvate that they give you after the shot to take home for the week. Appetite suppresants and fat burners. On all post i see b12 shots b12 shots.  With this diet combo its b12+lipo and your pills + fat burners and your 10 onces of food all day and a gallon of water for the day. Thats what the diet consist of. Call me crazy but with all of this stuff you get from the right Dr. But it works 60pds later size 14-16 to a 6-8 not to bad for 5mths Dr offices are pact here for this diet. But you have to remember its a life change. After being on this diet you learn what portion control is. As most people have forgot what that is. I now cause that was me. Now I know whats a better choice for me . Thanks to Dr Lara..
Its diet salutions to all that want to order your own b12/lipo injections. I seen them on there 175.00 for a vial thats mixed already for you. Its enough for 16 shots.
ok, I hear alot about people wanting to take b12 to lose weight and this freaks me out. I guess since I have been taking it for years for anemia and havent lost a single pound from it. Now I have a deficiensy so I need it but there are risks for taking it when you DONT need it. it doesnt happen to everyone, but it DOES happen. Just becareful and talk to your doctor first.

I copied some stuff I was given for you below so its easier to understand what I was saying, since I rarely make my thoughts clear. =D

(copy/pasted from the Medical Forms given by my doc when you take b12 for easier reading than my jibberish)

Vitamin B12 helps your body use fat and carbohydrates for energy and make new protein. It is also important for normal blood, cells, and nerves. Most people get enough vitamin B12 in their diet, but a deficiency may occur in certain health conditions (e.g., poor nutrition, stomach/intestinal problems, infection, cancer). Serious vitamin B12 deficiency may result in anemia, stomach problems, and nerve damage.

Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. Injections may be given daily when you first start treatment. Certain medical conditions (e.g., pernicious anemia) may require you to continue receiving injections every month.

Pain/redness at the injection site, mild diarrhea, itching, or a feeling of swelling all over the body may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

This medication may cause low potassium levels in the blood (hypokalemia). Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: muscle cramps, weakness, irregular heartbeat.

People who have a rare blood disorder (polycythemia vera) may infrequently have symptoms related to this disorder while taking cyanocobalamin. Seek immediate medical attention if any of these rare but very serious symptoms occur: chest pain (especially with shortness of breath), weakness on one side of the body, sudden vision changes, slurred speech.

A very serious (fatal) allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, swelling (especially of face/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: low potassium blood levels (hypokalemia), gout, a certain blood disorder (polycythemia vera), a certain eye disease (Leber's disease), other vitamin/mineral deficiencies (especially folic acid and iron).

This product may contain aluminum, which can infrequently build up to dangerous levels in the body. The risk may be increased if this product is used for an extended time, especially in newborns or in people with kidney disease. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any symptoms of too much aluminum in the body such as muscle weakness, bone pain, or mental changes.

A preservative (benzyl alcohol) that might be found in this product can infrequently cause serious (sometimes fatal) problems if given in large amounts (more than 100 milligrams per kilogram daily) to an infant during the first months of life. The risk is also greater with low-birth-weight infants. Symptoms include sudden gasping, low blood pressure, or very slow heartbeat. If you notice any of these symptoms in your newborn, report them to the doctor immediately. If possible, a preservative-free product should be used when treating newborns.

During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.

Based on information from related drugs, this medication may pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.

Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.

Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially of: drugs that may affect blood cell production (e.g., chloramphenicol, anti-cancer drugs, HIV drugs), other vitamins/nutritional supplements (especially folic acid).

Certain other drugs may interfere with laboratory tests for vitamin B12 levels, possibly causing false test results. Tell laboratory personnel and all your doctors if you take any of the following: anti-infective drugs (e.g., amoxicillin, erythromycin), methotrexate, pyrimethamine.

Overdose with this medication is very unlikely. However, if overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US National Poison Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.

NOTES:
Do not share this medication with others.

Laboratory and/or medical tests (e.g., serum potassium levels, complete blood count, hematocrit, vitamin B12 levels) should be performed to monitor your progress or check for side effects. Consult your doctor for more details.

This product is not a substitute for a proper diet. Remember that it is best to get your vitamins from healthy foods. Vitamin B12 is commonly found in many foods from animals, especially liver, kidney, fish and shellfish, meat, and dairy foods.

STORAGE:
Store at room temperature between 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.
MY DR AGREES WITH YOU TO
What kind of fat burners do or did you use?
br burnstin..gives b12 and b6 but he wants 167 dollers evey week that i can not do ...but they say the weigth comes off ...do you think i can do this at home
I have taken one b12 shot and noticed an effect in my overall energy level for the day, heck even the weekend.  This can't be a bad thing.  It wasn't like one of those sudden rushes of energy that end up making you feel worn out and tired after a few hours either.  
I must say, it's now Tuesday, and after four days of not taking the shot, I'm not feeling the loss of energy.  However, I did get sublingual B12 to place under my tongue.  I'm hoping this is just as effective as needles are icky!!!
i am facinated reading all this info on b12... thanks to all that shared your info... for those who wish to lose weight, have you studied hcg... i have been on the shots now for 2.5 weeks and have lost 16lbs and i feel fantastic... don't freak out... its all bad fat loss... the program is based on the research done by Dr Simeons... just thought in case no one has mentioned it i would throw that in for consideration... there is MUCH online to study...
do you know what is in the HCG shots ?, well I heard that it got purified pregant urine in it . Thats what I heard on other websites. Is that true ?
can someone help me find a Doctor where i can get the b12 shot in California in Los angeles you can email me at ***@**** just put in the subject line b 12 pleae
okay i see this did not let me put my email address well the zip code where iam located is 90062 email is littlechaka   and that at yahoo.com please help me need the b 12 shot bad goal to lose 35lbs
can you email info  regarding littlechakayahoo.com
I sent you the link to the site to find the doctor in California.  Check your messages and let me know.
Javetta, can you tell me if there are any doctors in Las Vegas?
my goal is to lose 40lbs and i'm interested in what route i should take?
I am missing an intrinsic factor which prevents me from absorbing regular B12...so I need the injections. I previously had a perscription and was giving myself injections, worked great. My dr has since moved away and now I'm stuck paying a $40 copay (for a full office visit) everytime I want a shot. I cant afford this and I need to find a way to get back to giving myself the injections. Can anyone provide a link or contact information for getting B12 serum and syringes?
intersted in losing weight.  can someone point me in the direction of finding a doctor in orlando, fl.  is there a difference between hcg and b-12?  which is better?
im interrested in loosing weight does anyone know of a doctor in california im in the 92376 area code or email me  ***@**** araceli909 thats at hotmail thank you
The main thing with B12 supplement is that the body does not sufficently absorb much of it through the stomach and digestive track. The shots provide absorbtion directly into the blood stream. Having said that B12 fights depression, and promotes mental clarity which may curb emotionall eating that adds on extra pounds. The do have oral pills in which you can put under your tongue for optimal absorbtion through vessels in the tounge but other then that the shot is best.
Does anyone know if a doc in the Portland Oregon area?
What is B12 + lipo?
Don't know of a doc in Oregon, I purchase mine online from a place in Savannah, GA, mydietsolutions.  The B12 is a basic vitamin that in many people provides energy, helps fight depression; with folic acid helps prevent anemia; improves brain functions such as memory, learning ability and balance; helps the action of iron, vitamin C, folic acid and Choline.  The Lipo part (Lipotropics) is a mix of 3 amino acids that help assist the liver in breaking down fats and moving them out.
The B12 Lipotropics have worked for me... I'm honestly in shock at how well I'm doing!
DOWN another 2.6 POUNDS this week!! Total loss so far with the B6, B12 Lipotropics after being on the shots and/or the LipoBC pills for 16 weeks is now 28.2 POUNDS!! That's an average of almost 2 pounds per week! With a reduced calorie intake of 1200cal, increased water intake and daily exercise of 30 minutes... I am definitely having success that will last, because I've made a healthy lifestyle change!! I'm a Loser... and I am LOVING it!
hope this site helps... no prescription needed

http://www.mydietsolutions.com/mds/index.php
enjoy... pricey but worth the money

~michelle
hcg shots NOW SYNTHETIC not real urine

i use these as well
they break fat down & when you urinate it's expell through it

occasionally when i eat protein right after shot i experience a feeling of something moving around under skin in stomach area

these really work but you do have to watch food intake

i didn't follow recommended diet & still lost weight.... but to get best outcome i'd follow diet

good luck to all
You're right about the B12 shots at from mds.  Hubby uses them for basketball and they're definitely the same kind I'd been taking for years when I was in college, and after.  Very rich-colored and can only be taken once a week.
So for a vial of 30 B12 injections lasting 30 weeks, it's only $2.25 a shot... not bad $$.
where do you purchase the B12 injections without a doctors presc?  the mydietsolutions is no longer a working site.  i need it for energy
I have done Lipo-B for 6 weeks and have lost 37 pounds.  There is more to Lipo-B than just B12 and ammino acids if your see a weight management doc with experience.  I see Dr. Saylor in Tarpon Springs, FL and the make my shot based on how my endocrine system was functioning.  Their plan focus' on fat loss not weight loss and a transistion back to real life after the diet.  I've done plans before including Lipo-B but never got results like this.  I pay 25.00 a week for my injection and 15.00 a week for appetite suppressants.  Hope all of you fid the answer for you and reach your goal.  
I have seen Garcia in Tampa and Brandon on and off for the last 2 years. I was treated EXCESSIVELY for depression. When my GP prescribed my 5th different kind of anti-depressant........I was done.  of course, I with about 65 extra pounds to be even more depressed about. My daughter was 2 and the mood swings and lack of energy were getting to me and it was a vicious cycle. No energy, lazy, sad, bored....so I would eat, then beat myself up because I ate and I was so fat, dame thing over and over again! Finally bit the bullet went to
Garcia and in 5 months went from 192lb (5' 7 tall) to 126lb! From a size 16-18 to a size 5. I did great for about 8 months. OBGYN put me on a BC pill. He says BC does not make you gain weight it is a myth. within 60 days I had gained 20lbs. Went back to Garcia started again and I have found my balance! I was hounded by family and friends that I was too skinny before and I now weigh 135. I am 5 '7 and I wear a size 10. I am 35 years old and I work out 2-3 days a week for 30-40 minutes. Only treadmill or stairmaster with 3 different ab exercises. 100 reps each. (this is my own squirrely deal with the abs- want that pre pregnancy tummy) So for those of you who question this. I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER! My blood work at my GP is fantastic everything in check. No antidepressants since that time and the diet is a way of life. Carbs are an addiction, it is true. I even quit smoking 3 months ago and still have not gained any weight back! So my question for you all is that I want to continue my shots but I cannot seem to find the time to get to the office with my busy schedule to get my shot. I want to order them online and have my brother (MA) administer them. Where can I order them without a script.
i just want to say that b-12 helped my mom and i loose weight.  im from richmond va and we would go to woodbridge va every two weeks to see Dr. Lopez. the  b-12 shots are only $10 and you have to go every two weeks if you want to keep the weight coming off. my mom lose 80lbs and i lose 30lbs....IT WORKS!!....  as soon as i knew it everyone was going to this doctor and loosing weight.  he'll give you the shot and a diet plan, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. i dont know where everyone is going to pay so much money for this shot but come on down to VA..if you want more info email me: ***@****
***@****
tequilabriggs @   tmail. com

Definitely a difference for me with the B12/Lipo.  I have lost 25 lbs already and I feel great.  My doctor told me that it would happen and she is right.  At the beginning I didn't see much difference but the third week in - IT HIT!  I had soooo much energy and it was a good feeling energy not like the stimulant appetite control pills that make you bounce off the walls.  I think $47 a shot is expensive - my doctor charges $20.  She does acupuncture once a week ($65 includes the shot & ac), leaves the ear tacks in & changes them when I go get my second shot.  This system is working for me great.  I have - Thank you Talia for recommending this clinic.

Hang in there with the shots though - it pays off!!!!
Hi Amuzed,

$47 seems expensive to me.  I order them by mail from the U.S. (I'm in Vancouver).  The vial I have in front of me says : "Ingredients:  (per ml) - Methionine (L) 50mg, Inositol 25mg, Choline 25mg and Methylcobalmin (B12) 1mg".  This vial cost me $100 and I get 15 shots from it (each injection is 2ml).  Of course, I have to sefl-inject but I don't have a problem with that.  You can get this from http://www.healinglightholisticcenter.com.  I think they have some other products too but I am very happy with this one - been using it for about three months now.  Don't know if she will sell to anyone though as I am in the health care field and she screens carefully to make sure you know how to self-inject.

I hope this helps.

Sandy
Thank you for the recent info ladies.

If anyone has a direct source for b12 vials feel free to email me. TIA

I've been getting the B12 injections weekly with a low calorie diet and i have lost 13 pounds in two weeks. It is tough starting out but if you stay committed, it actually does work. My doctor's program is expensive but if you just want the shots, its $16 per B12 shot. In about a month, I expect to reach my target weight. There is a maintenance program but it is on the expensive side. Has anyone ever heard of the B12 patch and whether it is effective?
A lot of people here taking just the B12 and mentioning that they experience no difference.  Well the one I take is B12 + Methione + Inositol + Choline - these are the "Lipotropics".  I can't compare with the B12 alone because I never took it like that but I can tell you that when I started these shots I finally broke a long time plateau and kept loosing weight.  My dr charges 20 a week.  In the state of Florida you do not need a prescription for B12 or for the syringes/needles - anybody can buy these online.  In fact the clinic I go to also sells the self-injection kits.  I know I could save a lot of money but I just can't inject myself.  besides, it is not that expensive.  You should go to the website and read about all the things the methione, inositol and choline do to help burn the fat - this is the link to the page about the b12/MIC:
www.healinglightholisticcenter.com/products/products.htm (thank you Celina for the refferal!)
If you google B12 and lipotropics you also get a lot of information.

Different things work for different people.  All I know is that at 57 I had been really stuck at a weight I was not happy with.  Once I started the shots, herbs, ear acupuncture AND walking everyday for about 45 min - the weight is coming off.  I am definitly not starving - I eat a lot (every 3-4 hours) and make sure I get plenty protein in the morning for breakfast.

Talia
wow, this was a lot of information to read.  and a ton of good information.  i bought B6+B12 with Lipotropics from mydietsolutions.com this weekend and it was 20% off everything I ordered.

This was a huge savings and they are a doctor's office so I feel save.  If you are going to buy, I would do it now and save.  Everywhere I have looked, no one advertises they are a doctor's office.  i even emailed them a couple of questions and i got answers immediately.  

I'm telling you 20% is worth it.  I feel like my wife on a shopping spree. hahaha
hey sirlaughsalot!
20% off $175 is still a lot more than I pay.  check out healinglightholisticcenter.com.  They are a holistic clinic in Miami, Fl.

Good luck,
Talia
Hi Everyone!
Looking into Lipotropics/B-12 shots for energy & fat loss. I found a center in South Miami thanks to this site, but, does anyone know of any centers or doctors giving these shots for weightloss in the Miami Lakes, Pembroke Pines area???  I work in the Hialeah location and getting to South Miami during working hours is a bit difficult!
Thanks for any info. in advance!
m.
I have just received my package yesterday of 5 ML AMPS of b12 injection. I ordered it from a Canadian Pharmacy and let me just tell you I took 1/2 CC yesterday and I cannot believe how much energy I have. My apatite has increased double and my workout was excellent today. I am a personal trainer and have taken this before. if you are interested in learning more you can email me at info@website-buddy.com. You can order your pins from www.getpinz.com and they come within 2 days of your order. This by far is the best b12 i have ever used before. ;) I recommend this to anyone who wants to have a boost of energy and recover fast at the gym. I can give you details where I ordered from if you email me. It is a bit more expensive than others but WELL worth it. 5 x 3ML AMPS for 55.00 US shipped. It came in about 7 days after order was placed. Happy labor day all!
What do you think of injection lipolysis??
Does anyone know how I can get a hold of B12 shots? I live in NY, and wanted to know if that would be legal… Can anyone provide a specific website or a MD in NYC or in the lower Westchester area where I can get the B12. I am embarrassed to say that I am paying $60 for a shot once a month. Also, if I am able to get the shot, how do I depose them?  
I went to my regular doctor (general practicioner) and asked for a prescription for B12.  The prescription is for a 30 ml vial, dosage is 1 ml once per month.  The cost for the prescription was under $10 at my local pharmacy and insurance paid for most of that (my out of pocket was about $2).  It's a vitamin and it's good for you.  The injections are really easy and painless to give to yourself.
Also, there's a video on mydietsolutions.com that shows you how to give injections, both to yourself and to others.
I've just today become aware of sublingual B12 at a health food store while shopping for something else.  I'm Canadian and no doubt it's available in the U.S. as well.  
90--1000 mcg pills for $12 Canadian.
Check it out people!  This form becomes absorbed into the bloodstream thru mucosa in the mouth.
I used to take B12 shots but scar tissue and soreness in the arm is just horrible.
Best wishes from the miserable north country..
mak
I just visited mydietsolutions.com and they are no longer allowing people to purchase their shots online!  Does anyone have information on an alternative (SAFE) source?  I would really appreciate it!
I've been a patient of mydietsolutions for well over a year now and have never had any problems whatsoever with their products not being SAFE.  From what the office has told me, Dr. Gates simply wants to be in compliance with every letter of the law (unlike some fly-by-night clinics out there I might add) so in order to do so they are re-vamping their injectibles and their online site.  This takes time... and I personally am very willing to wait.  There should be MORE doctors out there, REAL doctors like Dr. Gates, who are as willing to do what he's doing.
omg!  I really didn't mean to come off like I was saying he/his site wasn't safe!!  I have ordered from them before and was asking if there was another safe place to get the shots!!  lol - I'm sorry about that - no, I totally agree with you - their products are absolutely safe and I hope that we can order from them in the future!
LOL... sorry about that as well.  I LOVE Dr. Gates and his staff, and his products (like you also said) have been totally safe and I'm eagerly awaiting his opening them back up for  ordering again.  I was on the phone right away with them as soon as I got their newsletter LOL.  Like I said before, I'm sooooo glad that he's such an awesome doctor and has no problem with doing things to keep his site and practice up to snuff at all times!  I wish some of our local doctors would be as responsible... the world would be a much better place!
Blessings!
anyone ever have any pain develop after having a b12 injection?  My husband had two injections in the same spot one day apart.  Now his butt muscle is sore and cramping.  Is this just from the injections at the same sight?
I have recently ordered b-12 from b12-shots.com.
No real issues so far. Very easy, and wasn't expensive.
I'll let everyone know in 6 days if I've received the shipment. It's coming from Canada, and I've never ordered from over seas. So we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed.

I've been wanting the energy boost to get through the day, and have my "normal" active life back. I'm so lazy, and I'm super unmotivated to participate in typical activities I used to LOVE. So hopefully this will allow me to get that back, and then maybe not gain any more weight!! Thanks!
Hey! My doctor told me there would be some cramping from the shot. She told me all you need to do is take a potassium pill everyday and you won't have anymore cramping.
What injection dosage of B-12 do most people use?

Thanks a bunch.
Where do you get the shots at, your doctor?
email: ***@****
I started 2 weeks ago in the Netherlands B12 shots twice a week for my chronic fatigue syndrome. Anyway, I paid 42 euro's of 16 shots. My docter gives them to me (insurance) .Each shot is a hydrocobamine 10mg/2ml (which is 10.000mcg, fairly high doses). I feel so much more energetic which will hopefully help me as well to loose weight because of that.
I heard on the news the other day that the drug cyanocobalamine has cyanide in it hence the name cyano
cyano simply means dark blue not cyanide. Don't believe everything you see on the news.
Butt muscle sore? I wonder if who ever did the injection put it in the muscle instead of between the muscle and the skin????
My nurse sticks mine in the fatty part of the back of my hip.

to get rid of the syringe and needle, i remove the syringe and break it in half, then clip the needle in half, wrap it in some tp and toss in trash.  Hosptials, clinics, dr office has to account for their needles, us people do not.

This might cause controversy, but if we dont touch the needle, and use an alcohol prep pad on the site, I dont see why we could not use the same syring and needle a couple of times.   Diabetics do, at least those that cant afford a new one every time.  "I was just say'n though"

The new nurse at my Dr. office decided today that I was not suppose to be getting the shots once a week,but only once a month!!!!!  So, now I have a delima.... I dont figure I will be able to get around her, I assume the other nurse was pocketing the money. lol
|
Now where to buy the B12.  On line it could be red water for all we know. Or not have near as much as we think.   Im thinking the Vet place would be the best shot.  shot lol.
Cat? its not hard to do the injection your self, the needle is very tiny.  Do you know a Diabetic that could show you how to draw up the med, and inject it?
Can someone please help me find a doctor that gives, the b12 shots in Corpus Christi Tx Thanks in advance. Im actually located in Flour Bluff! Thanks in advace
You can get the shots at the Internet medical clinic on Corona in Corpus Christi.  I just started the program yesterday.
I am 48 and in the "80's" where HCG clinics were everywhere, I did that diet--I was amazed at that diet, but there are consequences to that magic I did not know of at the time. First, if your female, your reproductive hormones are "on steroids", literally. You can become pregnant at the drop of a hat and I did, which did not go well. I wasn't allowed to take them while pregnant, and I grew 80 lbs--unbelievable speed--about the same speed as what I had lost taking the shots, and next, at the tender age of 21, I had ruptured my gallbladder from so many stones! They asked me in the hospital if I had done the HCG thing, because they said there was evidence that HCG users develop gall stones more frequently than others, and I was only 21--questionable for any doctor to see, I am sure, but even after the baby was born, I got right back on the shots and I never did really get all that baby weight off--though I did get close, but then the local clinics dried up and I figured it was because it was unsafe---but I did work for a doctor's office, and he let us give ourselves shots of B-12 if we wanted and I did feel incredibly energetic, which was necessary for my job at that time.
I give myself injections because of anemia. I'm also a nursing student (almost a graduate) and have been trained in IM and SQ injections. You should NOT have to pay to get a shot of B12 unless you actually see your Dr. You should be able to call it a "nurse visit" and this should do away with   the copay issue. Just an FYI
LOL. I didn't realize how old this posting was, I was simply googling B12 and ran across this site. Sorry to rehash old issues. LOL
WHAT DO I TELL MY DR TO GET HER TO PRESCRIBE B12?
I took the b12 shots and I didn't loose any weight.
So I think that weight loose thing is a big fat lie.
b 12 shots online *******
Works for me being borderline anemic.
Help!!  How much B-12 should I take for energy loss??? Injections..Thanks  
Anyone know of a reasonable doc in SF Bay Area????
I have been taking the lypotropic, B12 and B6 (three in one) for a few weeks.  I take one to two injections a week.  I can tell you that the boost of energy is amazing!!  It allows me to push myself a little harder in the gym.  I am on a low cal/low fat diet with it.  Doctor charge different prices for these injections.  I would suggest not getting them online b/c you truly do not know what you are injecting.  I would suggest your doctor or a weight loss clinic.  I get my three in one injections for about 25 bucks a piece.  
I obtain my B12 at Trimnutrition.com. I get a 30ml vial, 30 syringes, 30 alcohol preps and bandaids all for 29.95. I've used them for a couple of years especially now that I'm in my 50's and vegetarian to boot. I usually recieve my order within 24-48 hours and it's nice not having to put out extra dollars for all the extra and getting everything in one kit. Yes it is legal to get B12 in the US, just pharmacies make alot more. Trimnutrition is in Florida also and not out of country. If you can afford the better which is the metho (bypasses liver) instead even better but as I said it's much more expensive. It has made a significant difference in my energy levels especially with my profession in the medical field which is very busy and draining most days. I do one injection monthly then if I need to do an extra injection I do. 30ml's goes a long ways!!!
Today, I rec'd my 1st B-12 shot. I also felt GREAT about 20 minute's after receiving the injection. My Dr also charges a large fee ($25.00) for the injection and recommends having it once a week. I wish I could afford that. But, my copayment alone is $25! So, it's a $50 visit every week. I've been researching getting them online so that I may save a little money and also to have the freedom to inject @ home..I've been a paramedic for 15 yrs..so I don't mind injecting at all.
My concern with the Dr I see is; he has a tendancy to cheap out occasionally. What is the actual dosage that one would need to have the maximum benifits? And..how often? Can you do it every couple of days? Last question is : Does B12 help at all with anxiety and depression? I've been thinking of adding it to my daily anti-dpreasant? Along with Fish Oil...
Ty to everyone who posts on this board..All of your posts were very helpful. Ty for sharing...:)
Tammy Lynn
I have read that the B12 works best in a B complex mixture to "maintain homocysteine levels".  I find it helps with my stamina when I take HCY Guard from Trivita.com (sublingual - under the tongue) 2 - 3 times a week.  I, too, take an anti-depressant.  Of course, on this HCG vlcd we can't do the fish oil, but anything that doesn't have oil base that assists our well-being hopefully won't detract from our weight loss. Many HCG web sites sell the B12 supplements, so it would appear that many people feel weak on this regemine and need the boost that B12 offers.  Again, I say that it works best with the other B's added in.  You can read more about it in the articles on www.trivita.com.
Cyanocobalamin Injectable can be bought all over, including from Vets.

http://xrl.us/bh793e

Supposedly, American Regent is one of the best brands.

http://xrl.us/bh793v

Good luck people!

Alex

http://xrl.us/bh793e

http://xrl.us/bh793v

Good luck people!

Alex
I believe that surgeon is totally wrong on the statement is written here, for the simple fact that the shots are only for boosting the energy level on a individual and increasing the metabolism is used accompany with other supplements to loss weight and is only $5 per shot anywhere you go to and trust me it works because I lost 90 pounds on a weight management program with it.
I hate to be the one to inforn you but i have been on v-b12 injections for just about a year and a half and i have LOST 165 POUNDS i had tried and tried and tried and just a month after my first injection i had lost 20 pounds in a month and wasnt even trying i have recently switched doctors and have not had one in a couple months and i havent lost an ounce and i have actually gained 5-7 pounds i agree you have to watch what you eat and still exercise but the v-b12 injection took away my appetite and gave me a butt load of energy so i was able to exercise so YES VITAMIN B-12 INJECTIONS DO HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS I AM PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've  been going to Dr, Berstien for about 2 months now with about 20 pds lost, I  have just come from my drugist and he will sell me b12 and the needles..doesn't have the b6 in liquid form...how much of b12 in the needle should one take?
I have been given the script by my dr.  my potassium magnesium was way low.  I have lost 15 lbs...NOT DUE TO B12.. but to low levels of the above.  I got really sick.  I had no appetite, heart palps, numbness of my arm, "hot" pins/needles in my hands.  I thought I was having a heart attack.  I am 43 and was really scared.  Dr put me on magnesium, potassium, blood press med and the b12 injection.  I DO NOT NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!  
I have just never been on any many "supplements".  (much less an injection)
I felt no energy effect from my first shot, and not sure if i should continue.  New blood draw on mon 4-18-11, so we'll see.
I see this is an old post forum, but thought I'd request any thoughts that may come my way...thanks Susan
I believe "surgeon" is not seeing the big picture.  Of course B-12 is not some magic weight loss potion.  However, the fact that it gives you more energy will allow a person to exercise more often and with more intensity.  That is what can lead to more weight loss.  B-12 isn't going to help an unmotivated person lose weight, but it can be a great tool for the motivated.
Anyone lives in NYC and knows where I can find a dr. that gives the b12/liptropic shots?

Thank you
hi i have a question i suffer from hipo thyroid i am always tired and weak i gane 80 ponds and cant lose it the doctor says tha i am ok but i dont feel ok i feel sick my hands hert
I have had the injections and did notice the energy, which is fantastic because i am very sensitive to stimulants,, i can't even have caffeine. I'm looking what orally B12 does the same as a shot of B12?  Just really hate shots, it was costing me $20 a shot.
orb4me
The B12 shot is supposed to be IM (Intramuscular), or very deeo subq (subcutaneuous)  It works best into the muscle.  It should not be injected shallowly under the skin.  You need to use a 1" needle. One of the side-effects from B12 shots is cramping and sore muscles, as well as soreness at the injection site.  There are other possible side effects including swelling, palpitations, anxiety, etc...including some rare but serious risks such as pulmonary edema, heart failure and severe allergic reaction.
For those people wanting to take the shot on their own, without medical supervision, just make sure to talk to your doctor first and have a medical professional give the first shot.  Self-administering shots needs to be done correctly, and only a nurse/doctor can properly instruct.  I am a health professional and have self-administered shots.  I did get some side effects, including pain at the injection site and swelling of the feet.
The hype over the use of B12 for weight loss should be measured carefully against the risks before you undertake this.
Also...don't reuse needles...you could cause yourself a serious infection.  And throwing them into the trash is very dangerous, and uncool, as you are subjecting the people who handle the trash to the risk of needle-stick injury and blood contamination.  Just get a cheap sharps disposal container.
you are all mad! injecting yourself to lose weight?!?!?! get a grip people! dont inject b12 unless you have pernicious anaemia!
I agree with "weightlossmadness"! Do not inject yourselves for energy.  I previously had 7 transfusions and now I need nothing for energy nor for good blood levels.  I juice, spinach, kale, chard, carrots, beets, celery, bell peppers and what ever fruit you want to add and you will see and fee l the difference in just a matter of a couple of days.  I feel it instantly.  I used to take multivitamins and have no need for them now.  It's been about 3 years now.  Try it.
B12 injection in Canada are available in FINLADIA pharmacy on BROADWAY
in Vancouver,BC

YOU probably looking for lipotropic B12, which helps to melt fat.
hi Sandy
I wanted to ask you about your experience with these injections.
I am also in Vancouver and thinking of purchasing it.
DR'S INJECTIONS IN VANCOUVER ARE SO EXPENSIVE.
WOULD YOU MIND TO GIVE MORE INFO.   THANK YOU KINDLY
PLEASE WOULD YOU TELL ME WHICH PHARMACY YOU ORDERED IT
THANK YOU
i did the same and it did not help. Vitamin b itself is not working as the lipotropic
are you still looking to buy the b12 injection vials?

I've been giving B-12 shots to family members. I've been thinking of starting a business doing this. Do you know if you need a special license to give B-12 shots at home? Is it cheaper for you to buy the B-12 at a vet? Sounds interesting.