Weight Loss Alternatives Community
B-12

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

B-12

I am interested in talking B-12 shots fro weight lost. However, I cannot seem to find a Doctor in Philadelphia, Pa. Does anyone know of a place in Philadelphia? Does it really work?
There's a few comments on B12 injections below, if you scroll down - otherwise I would direct you to the Web as a useful place for researching this and deciding whether it is a good weight loss procedure, in my opinion I would say no, but others here have had good results it seems. Some believe it is just another way of getting money out of the unsuspecting dieter!

Regards
J
Dear t222,
I have heard that B12 under the tongue was just as good as the shots but that they were less painful and it was cheaper. I found the b12 liquid supplement at vitamin world and it was $7.97. I have only been taking it 2 days so I can not tell you much from my experience yet, but I will tell you I already feel much better mentally and physically, I am hoping for weight loss too though. If you do not have a vitamin world locally you can find them online at vitaminworld.com. I hope this helps you.
Jarrow Methyl - Vitamin B12 Methyl, 100 lzgs
What is Jarrow Methyl - Vitamin B12 Methyl, 100 lzgs ?

Methylcobalamin (Methyl B-12) is better absorbed and retained than other forms of B12 (such as cyanocobalamin.) Methyl B12 protects nerve tissue and brain cells and promotes healthy sleep. Methyl B12 is a cofactor of methionine sythase, which reduces toxic homocysteine to the essential amino acid methionine. Methylcobalamin also protects eye function against toxicity caused by excess glutamate.
What are the ingredients of Jarrow Methyl - Vitamin B12 Methyl, 100 lzgs ?

Sorbitol, mannitol, fructose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, and cherry flavor.
What other advice should I take note of when taking Jarrow Methyl - Vitamin B12 Methyl, 100 lzgs ?

Methyl B-12: The Superior Form of B-12. Suitable for Vegetarians
What is the suggested usage of Jarrow Methyl - Vitamin B12 Methyl, 100 lzgs ?

Dissolve under tongue or chew one 1000 mcg lozenge every 2 or 3 days (or one 5000 mcg lozenge every 3 or 4 days) with a meal, or as directed by your qualified health consultant. Vegetarians typically require B12 supplementation.
What are the precautions of Jarrow Methyl - Vitamin B12 Methyl, 100 lzgs ?

Keep out of the reach of children.
To Bluefin,

where did you source this information?
If it is indeed not your own words, and I suspect not, you should really give the link to let us decide whether the information is from a reliable source.

Regards
J
Is there any evidence that a liquid or shot, is better than say an oral tablet?  Thanks.  I mean I could crawl the web to find out, but this may be faster.  Thanks again.
Hey shamna

How are you doing with the B-12? Are they working for you? I am still trying to find somewhere to get the shot in Philadelphia. I hope it is working well for you.
Hey shamna

t222