Weight Loss Alternatives Community
B12, HCG, and Adipex-P

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

B12, HCG, and Adipex-P

Okay first off I'm a 26 year old male from Beaumont, TX. I am 208lb 5'11" I started seeing A Dr here in Beaumont getting B12/HCG injections and taking 37.5mg Adipex-P a day. I will be updating this when I think about it to let everyone know how it is going. I see alot of people asking questions here but not many people telling how its going. My goal is 180 to 185 due to the fact I have muscle mass also. I was told low 170s is what I should be. Today is March 3rd 2006
I am from Beaumont also.  I started getting the shots/meds a week and a half ago and I have lost 9 pounds.  I am going to start going twice a week for the shots.  I will try to post updates also as they (I hope) come along.
I have lost 15 pounds in two weeks with the injection, adipek, and water pill.
I weigh in on Thursday I am sure I've lost more.
Okay this is my first update.

its 3/6/06 I just did my weight I am 194. My first shot was 3/2/06 so that is a 14lb loss in 4 days.

My diet is approximately 300 grams protein, 130 grams Carbs, and 50 grams of fat. The total amount of calories is 800 to 1000. I have 6 meals a day. Just about every 3 hours. NO milk there is to much processed sugar. For dairy eat fat free cottage cheese. NO Fruit because it replenishes glycogen stored in the liver. I eat REAL Oatmeal, Lean Protein, Veggies, Brown Rice, Flax Oil, and Nuts.

For Lean Protein eat Egg whites, Lean steak, Chicken breast (SKINLESS), Tuna, or Salmon.

Your protein needs are 1.5-2.0 grams per pound of bodyweight.

Yea some people are going to say to much fat in the diet only need 15g a day. Well guess what most my fat intake is EFA (Essential Fatty Acid) and you need fat to lose fat.

I do 45 min of Cardio a day. Then 2 hours of work out on muscles. Also work 12 hours a day on the move on my feet.
I went to the doctor today and I have lost 13 pounds (it will be two weeks tomorrow that I started going to the doctor).  I will go again on Friday for another shot.  The doctor I go to doesn't give water pills.  Still not too sure about Adipex and how it is making me feel.  Only curbs the hunger slightly.  I am a 23 yr old female with two small kids...it is hard to find a way or place to exercise.  I bought a DDR (dancepad) for my playstation as a means for exercise -  but me and my son, who is about to turn 3, just ended up fighting over it :-) As far as diet goes, I am just watching what I eat.  The doctor said to eat whatever I usually eat, just less of it.  I am trying to stay away from the really bad carbs...breads and sugars.  Anyhow, I will post again Friday and let everybody know how it goes at the doctor.
Who do you go to in Beaumont. I can't find a Dr. (m, 33)
I am from Beaumont, TX.......I see several posts from Beaumont people who are getting b12, hcg, and adipex...............who are the doctors in Beaumont that do this?
Try Dr. Harris, Dr. Ede or Dr. Randolph (Dr. Randolph is in Port Arthur).  You can always call around to MD's, family doctors, or og-gyns listed in the phone book and ask if they give the 'weight loss shots' or B12 shots.
Hey, I got the food list. Thanks so much.  I also took the time the other day to print out any fast food place 'nutritional data'I could find on the internet.  I am going to get a folder to keep it all in and put it in my truck.  My kids and I are always on the go so it helps to kinda know what is at least somewhat acceptable and what is an absolute big no-no.  I have tried to get this info from the places itself and a lot of them don't have it (or haven't a clue as to what I am talking about).  Anyhow, thanks again and feel free to email me with any additional info or questions.  Keep everyone posted on your wonderful success.
yea Dr. Harris is a good one. My wife goes to Dr. Harris I goto Dr. Ede. Soon I will change over to Dr. Harris. I wish I knew a Dr who would give me B12 and HCG script so I can use it at home. I can order adipex online for alot less and its the same stuff. Here in the US they jack up the price of meds alot. Canada and Mexico is alot less.
I have never ordered meds online...I wouldn't know where to begin.  When I started on Bontril I went to a big name pharmacy and for 14 pills (2 weeks) it cost $18.01.  When I went back to the doctor I told them and they sent me to a small "corner" drug store for the Adipex and it cost $9.86 for 2 weeks.  How do you get them online and what kind of supply do you get, like 2 weeks or 2 months???

I am going to start ONTRAK in Beaumont 3/17. I work with a couple of ladies that have began going & I know of a couple of more that have been going & have had quite the success. I still have my doubts about the HcG shots. Has anyone done any type of research on this?  
About the meds online, I have ordered phentermine online several times. ubuyrx.com has a pretty good deal on them. I usually buy 90 days at a time & split the cost with a couple people at work since it is about $150.00. Kind of nervous about maybe getting caught, but I guess we'll deal with that when that time comes. You can do a search for the med you want & it will bring up several different websites that sell online.
Keep up the good work. I hope after I lose the weight I want to lose I don't gain it back like some people I know of.
Well, we all have prescriptions, we just can't come up with the $150 at one time. It's easier to come up with $50/month.
What about the HcG shots? Seems like BeaumontBoy should know a little about meds.
Also for yourself you can read http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/alerts/medication_drugs.xml and see what I say is true
goto google.com and search for the meds you need I would use their sponsor around the top. you can order meds online long as its a 90 day supply and its for your own use. don't go in with people to buy them far as the person that post they go in with friends to buy it. the cops can do something about that but you can order 90days yourself i would goto Mexico and pick up xanax all the time and was busted once i told them thats a 90 day supply. They said 2500 xanax bars is not a 90day supply. i told them to call the VA hospital here and see I take 15 2mg xanax bars 2 times a day as prescribed by my Dr. So they let me just leave with my pills in hand.
For me, it isn't so much of a fear of getting in trouble with the police as it is who I am giving out my personal info to.  I just didn't know which sites were safe.  Like I said in a previous post, the pharmacy the doctors office sent me to charges right at $10 for a 2 week supply...$20 a month.  Which isn't really expensive (compared to Walgreen's, CVS, Market Basket) but the pharmacy isn't exactly in the best part of town and they don't have a drive thru.  LOL I know might sound a bit picky, but it is so much easier to just pull through the drive thru (especially with two small kids).  Also, the pharmacy didn't give me any info on the pill (apparently generic, which is ok).  The bottle just said to take 1 tablet daily.  I didn't know whether to take it with food or 30 minutes or 1 hour before breakfast.  So I tried to look it up on the internet.  The bottle said phentermine 37.5 but none of the images matched what my pill looked like.  So I still really don't know what the h*ll I am taking or how...I am just going for it :-/ I wouldn't think the pharmacy would give me the wrong pill, I just wished they would have given me a little more info.  

mcooper - You can go to www.hcgobesity.org for a little more info about the shots.
I haven't gone to a clinic yet to have them filled. I just went online & got the meds. After I go to ONTRAK & get a written script I can take anywhere I am going to check into the prices. Seems I was given some false info by some of my collegues about how much it cost. I have a couple of small pharmacies I know of (personal friend- & relative-owned).
kntx720 - I don't know where you live, but have you tried some of the smaller pharmacies in Bridge City or Vidor. (Nick's in BC or T&T or Family Pharmacy in Vidor; there's also a couple in Orange)
karibritt01 - what clinic are you going to?
I live in the NW end of Beaumont...toward Bevil Oaks/Sour Lake.  I will post any cheaper places (or most expensive) that I find.  I go back to the doctor tomorrow and I will post my results, also.  

Does anyone know if you can drink alcohol while taking phentermine?  I am NOT an alcoholic and I do not make it a habit at all to drink, but it is about to get into warmer weather down here in Texas and a beer after mowing the grass doesn't sound so bad every once in a while...LOL.

Your not supposed to, but I do know of someone that does. He takes 2 pills at a time (which your not supposed to do either!!)
That's kind of what I have been thinking! Easier than going to the doctor & anyone can get it. Going to start doing it the legit way!! I've got to start answering to someone. I lost about 30 pounds 2 1/2 years ago, but got married & settled & it all came back...
Have you guys tried those Nabisco 100 calorie snacks. Pretty good. Just eat them slow to make them last longer:)
I absolutely love those 100 calorie snacks!!! I bought a box the other day of the honey-maid and they were so good I had to go back and get a box of each of the others.  Not to sound over excited, I was just happy to find some kind of "diet" food that was actually edible.

Let me just say OREO!!
WOO WOO!!! Go Nabisco!!! LMAO
My house is my weakness also. At work it's kind of easy because I only have the foods that I want to be able to eat hidden in my desk. At home I have to stock for hubby & kids. That's why I need someone to help me keep tabs on my self & hold me accountable for what's going on. If I'm paying for something, I don't want to go to the pantry & blow it. I can't wait 'til I start ONTRAK. I got on the scale today thinking that I had lost something because my britches are getting baggy, but no. Maybe 1 pound since last week. How depressing!!
I have a son that will be 3 years old in June and a daughter that is 7 mo 8 days old.  My son is 3 ft and 30 lbs and an EXTREMELY picky eater.  My daughter weighed 20 lbs on her 6 month check up.  We are pretty sure she will take after me.  LOL  I always thought that my son was little for his size.  But the doctors tell me he is pretty much average.  My daughter has reflux so I have to put 7 teaspoons of cereal in her 6 oz bottle.  It is funny to see both of my kids next to one another...they are alomst the same size.  

It is really hard to go to the grocery store.  I love salads-my son won't eat them.  I love beef-my son won't touch it.  The only kind of meat he will eat is sausage. My daughter is probably going to be the total opposite of him and eat everything she sees!!! LOL

I love the stuff the kids eat...Kid's cereal, chips, pb&j sandwiches. I don't really care for the things that are healthy. My kids are the same way. Both have the metabolism I had at their age. I didn't weigh over 100 until high school. My problem is the type of work I do. I sit at a desk 8-10 hours/day. When I get home, it's a rush to get supper done, the house cleaned, kids bathed & put to bed, & laundry at least washed. There is very little time for me & hubby & I AM NOT a morning person. Getting up in the morning is easier since I have been taking energy pills. I seem to get a better night sleep. I actually got up this morning & did some sit-ups & leg lifts before getting ready for work.
My son is 5 & wears a 6 slim with the elastic because his waist is so little but he needs the length. My daughter is 9 & is the same. She wears a 10 slim (with elastic when I can find it) for the length. They are both tall. Neither likes beef. Both will eat pork, chicken (nuggets preferrably), eggs, that kind of stuff. My daughter talks about how skinny she is & I tell her to just wait. My grandmother, my aunts, & several of us grandchildren have been skinny until we have kids. Then we "fill out nicely".
Both were very chubby babies. I have seen them go through the chubby-skinny stages, as I have several of my cousins. I think that is just how kids grow (out & then up). Too bad that's not how it is for us grown-ups. We stop with the out stage!! LOL

What are ya'll doing to lose weight & how much have you lost to date with that program?
My kids are totally different from each other...ever since the pregnancy.  I had a perfect pregnancy with my son (besides gaining 50 lbs).  I weighed I think 172 when I got pregnant.  I had him natural without pain medication because the doctor said I had gained too much weight and he could not find where to stick the epidural...he tried and stuck me 4 times.  My son was born the day he was due at a very healthy 8'11 after almost 3 days of labor.  I had him on a Friday morning and we were home Saturday night.  

When I got pregnant with my daughter I weighed 134 lbs...I had been on the Atkins diet and had lost 56 lbs in 7 1/2 months.  Well, I ended up gaining over 70 friggin' pounds!!  I think I weighed 208 when I had her.  She was a planned c-section 2 weeks before her due date because they thought she was going to be as big as my son and because I hemoraged when I had my son.  She weighed 7 pounds even.  She had to stay in the hospital for a week for wet lungs, heart murmur.  

Their daddy is 6'0 ft and 200 lbs.  I am 5'4 and I will find out my weight Friday morning at the doctor.
LOL Sorry for the long post (totally not related to the forum topic). But I hope my daughter has a better appetite than my son...since they have been so different since day one.  I just hope she doesn't have as big of an appetite as me.
Well, I just weighed myself. Another 2 pounds off this week. Of course, it's an up & down hill battle for me. This week down 2, next week up 1. I can't wait to start the drugs!! That sounds so pathetic. :( I think that makes a total of 6 lbs off in about a month. I was up to 193. Nothing fit, not even my stretchy pants. I'm down (according to my boss' scales) to 180. I would love to be 140 but I'll settle for 150ish.
Weight Loss Update

Tues. 2/21/06 - 185
Tues. 2/28/06 - 177
Mon.  3/06/06 - 173
Fri.  3/10/06 - 171.5

I started shots/meds 2 weeks 3 days ago and have lost 13.5 lbs.  I got a new presription today.  It is phentermine 37.5 BUT it also has St. John's Wort in it (to help with the d*mn freakin' mood swings) and chromium (to help metabolize or utilize carbs).  I just got home and I am about to look this added stuff up on the internet.  The nurse said the pharmacy where she called it in to makes this pill themselves.  I dunno.  I took one.  Will let everyone know what it does.  

mcooper - Please let everyone know how your appt goes and what all they do there, like if they take your measurements.
Well here is how its been so fay

march 2nd 208
march 6th 194
march 10th 187

21lb loss in 8days

Also yea I know alot about meds. I make sure I read up on everything before I take it.

Kntx far as the Atkins stuff. Have you ever seen Dr Atkins? He was real fat. I will not try a diet made by a guy who could not drop the weight himself. Also I hear alot of people drop whight with Atkins and stuff but as you said they all blow up after it.
No, I have not been working out.  As far as what I eat, I just eat whatever I want...just not a lot.  That is what my doctor told me to do.  I am trying to stay away from breads, sugars, cokes.  I went back to the doctor yesterday and I have not lost anything since last Friday.  I don't understand what is going on because it was going good before last week.  I have not changed what I was doing since I began getting the shots.  When I was on the Atkins diet the weight fell off pretty fast and I did not hit a weight loss plateau like this until I was months into the diet and had only 15 lbs or so to go to my goal weight.  I told the doctor about how the Adipex was not working and she said that some patients are having to take 1 whole pill in the mornings and a half a pill in the afternoon.  I don't want to have to do that.  I asked her if I could try Hydroxycut with the shots and they said yes.  I think I might do that.  I have never tried HydroxyCut and I don't like the idea if trying to remember to take 3 to 9 pills a day (or whatever it says to do).  I am going to give the Adipex/shots another week or two and if there isn't a change then I guess it's back to Atkins I go (again).
I started the shots yesterday, weighing in at 176......Beaumontboy, you look like you are having the most success with the program.  I saw your post about your workouts, are you following the diet strictly as well?  Also, is anyone else posting on a workout program?  I have worked out on average 4 days a week for the last 6 years but my body has adapted to it so much that it only helps to maintain and lately it hasn't even been maintaining, I think my body is in a catabolic state right now.  Anyone else working out?  ktyntx, are you following the strict diet or working out?
Hey guys- I found your discussion online while researching these shots and thought I would get in on it. Im a 19 year old who weighs way to much. While I was at the doctor I noticed they were starting the shots, and so I signed up for a consultation on July 30 so I can learn more about them. I went ahead and asked my doctor about them just to see what they were about, and they sound good.I'm researching them first though, just to make sure I know a lot about them before I start them. I joined weight watchers a week ago, so in conjunction with that, he said they shots should benefit me a lot. Anyways, I had a question..being the scared person of needles I am, where do they give these shots? I can handle it as long as its in my hip. LOL. And by the way, I love those 100calorie packs too.
umm i guess nevermind since i just realized this is a very old discussion
Where are you going that you can get the shots twice a week.  I'd like to try that.  I need to drop about 25 pounds.
Where are you going that you can get the injections twice a week?  I would like to try that.  I need to drop about 28 pounds.
hey i start going to navallie ( sp) on monday hes under weight loss in the phone book in beaumont and next to the napa on 11th .. the nurse said you a get  the b12 once a week and a fat burnner shot 3x a week. hope that helps
I started an hcg/B12 shot/phentermine pill program on 3/6/07 and have lost 47 pounds. I now take 2 shots a week and am allowed/prescribed a pill and a half a day but I don't always take that many. Most of the time I only take one. The shots have to be administered into a muscle, usually the arm, leg, or buttock. The doctor I go to is in Rockingham, N.C.
I am from Beaumont also and would LOVE to hear your experiences with doctors here.  Who is the best for the weight loss?  Who is a good family practice guy?  Thanks!!
Godstxgirl
What Beaumont Doctors do the shots? I just moved here a few months ago.
I'm a BeaumontBoy also,but a much BIGGER one, lol .I'm 331.8 lbs 6ft tall at the age of 53. I started the same program. B12/HCG injections and one 37.5mg Adipex-p a day.I had to retire at the age of 49 because of my bad back. I'v had three back surgeries and one neck, most of these in the last 10 years. I have not been able to do must walking or exercise because of my back. I have pain every day . When I try to walk a lot it hurts to much..... BUT I started the program SIX days ago, have lost 7 lbs and I am now walking 1.5 to 2 miles a day on a treadmeal with very little pain. Wazup with that? I have a long ways to go but I feel I can do it now. My goal is 199 lbs. WISH ME LUCK ALL
hello im from baytown and i found this site because i was doing some research on the b12/hcg shots. Today was my first day that i took it and im hoping that it will work. The clinic also gave me a script for adipex so i hope a combination of the shots and the pill along with diet/exercise will help me shed the pounds. i weighed 188 today and im wishing for 110 it may sound to extreme but im only 5'2" so i hope to reach my goal or atleast get close to it. I lost 30lbs before i had my son with adipex alone but after i had my son i put the weight back on plus 10 more lbs so im hoping to get rid of it all. Well goodluck and best wishes to all and pray for me to lose all this weight.

10/09/07
188lbs
I have been using b12/hcg shot once a week. I have loss from 259 to 239 in eight weeks.  Tomorrow I start with the phentermine pill.  My clinical health provider thinks this will help boost my weight loss.  I eat by the hcg diet, drink enough fluids ounces equal to half my current weight (water is best), exercise often by doing two miles of walking on machines (step climbing), and in the pool (jogging) which will keep pressure off of feet and legs.
I was wondering what Dr/clinics everyone is going to.  I used to go to Dr Harris, but have heard he is not doing them anymore.  I have almost 50 lbs to loose and I need some major help.  I am also looking for a gym to join so I can get back into working out. Thank ya'll for helping me out with this.
Is the b12/lipo the same as getting the b12/hcg injection? Please advise.
Hi my 2 sisters and neice live in Beaumont. They all take the B-12 Shots once a week. Then once a month they also L- Carntine and Lipotropic.  
Go to   Weight Lost Cosmetic & Surgerical Center of America.

They paid $34 registeration fee. Then $12 for the B-12 and HCG shot every week. The L- Carntine and Lipotropic plus the B-12 and HCG is $32 a month. They have all lost so much weight. They all swear by these shots. Cuz they have all seen great results. The Lipotropic removes fats from ure liver. My sis told me she can see fat when she uses the bathroom.

I am so jealous I was this stuff so bad. I life in Kansas now and no one here will do it :(
I will be starting the hCG/Adapex diet tomorrow.... right now I am 208. Can't wait to see how much I can lose in a week!
I am looking for a weight loss clinic to help me lose about 50 lbs. I was reading all the previous posts but then noticed they are from a few years ago. Can anyone advise who to go to that gives the B12 shot and phentermine in Beaumont Texas? I have a friend in Austin who goes to a weight loss clinic and she has lost a ton of weight....literally about 80 lbs, so I thought I'd look one up in this area.
Where is Dr. Harris' office located at?