B12 Shot
Is the B12 shot safe and do you really lose weigh. how much is the shot
What is the dosage in each shot?
My doctor gave me a shot of B-12 on Tuesday - to help increase my energy level as I suffer from chronic fibromyalgia.

I am not anemic and all my blood work was totally normal.

I was told that if the B-12 increased my energy and made me fell better, I could continue to get them monthly.

Now I have found this forum and I am praying that the shot will help me lose weight also - I am so excited.
I have a full family who are overweight and also freinds who have all tried multiple methods. The feedback I get, along with my own experience is that there are alot of gimmicks and cons out there ( including some physicians) that try to take advantage of our desperation to lose weight.

PLease dont be fulled...........I recently found a new physician who is not in this for the money. He actually has a sincere passion to help people lose weight, he is totally educated too. He has taken extra time to get extra training in weight management. When I saw him, i totally saw and felt his sincerity.

He does not enroll you in set plans, he listens to you and personalises atreatment that fits your lifestyle (at least thats what he did with me) i talked to him and his dietician.

Anyway......as far as his injections....he has three different formulations, one of which is straight B12, the second and the third are special ingrediants that are mixed in B12 and B-complex. He was very upfront about discussing the fact that this is a secret formula that he gained from another physician who used it successfully in patients for 30 years.

My bottom point to everyone is,,,,,,see a physician who is especialised in weight management field, they call it Bariatric medicine.
This doctor is a Bariatric physician. he does NOT do surgery.
if anyone is interested.....his # stands for his clinic name (Delight Medical & Wellness Center)
(866) 9delight which is 933-5444 or (818) 996-1048

sound like an ad.......hmmmm maybe i should charge him, well if you see him tell him i sent you. maybe i'll get a discount..:)
I would also like to know how much b 12 is in the shot and what kind of needle and syringe they use i havent got the guts to ask my doctor.  The Diet works for me i lost 5 lbs almost every week but at $47.00 a pop i can't afford it but i do have friends that are nurses who will give me the shot. Any info would be appreciated.
If you are still looking for someone in Baltimore County, There is one in Randallstown, Md By the name Dr. Mendez, I have a apponiment with him this month, I know a couple of people who have went to him and really like the results.  Hopes this works for you.
I just got my first shot on Friday. I am sooo excited!!!! I hope it really works. I'll let everyone know how i did after my next visit.
I'm a mother of two and use to wear a size 7/8 before kids.  I was in military and have alway been sports active.  I havebeen a member of a gym for 4 years and run every ohter day when i have the time to.  well Jan, 2005 I hit a all time high in my weight I reached 250 pounds.  I started working out harder and lost 22 pounds after about 7 months. then in july I went to a weight loss doctor who give b12 shots and i lose 15 pounds in the first month and as of to day have lost a total of 30 lbs.  I think the shot works it keeps up going when you see results that fast.  There are people who didn't relize that they were talking to the same person.  At my biggest
I was wearing a size 20.  now I'm down to a a size 14 and some 11/12 my goal is a 9/10.  From Jan to now I've lose 50 pounds but it was hard.  You do have to change the way you eat and exercise, And if you have kids like I do.  DON'T EAT THEIR SNACKS.  Buy your own health ones.  They can burn that sugar faster than we can
WHERE CAN I GET THE B12 SHOT IN RI?
HELLO IVE BEEN TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR QUITE SOMETIME NOW ABOUT 3 YRS AGO I LOST ABOUT 35-40LBS. I BEGAN TAKING THE DEPO SHOT AND I GAINED THAT WEIGHT BACK PLUS SOME. NOW I CANT GET IT OFF FOR ANYTHING. IT HAS TAKEN A TOLL ON MY LIFE. IM SO DEPRESSED AND I DREAM ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO GET THE B12 SHOT IN NORFOLK,VA OR SOMEWHERE AROUND THERE.
I have my first appointment today. I am very excited. Three years ago I was at my perfect weight, 140. I had gone to WW and lost 30 pounds and was looking great. As I am now 49 years old, I think that perimenopause started to set in and my metabolism went way south. I have tried numerous diets in the last 3 years to get the 50 pounds that I have gained off. Nothing has worked, not even exercise. I am really hoping that this works for me as I do not want to go buy anymore clothes in size 16.

PS I am in Fresno, CA so if virgobross is still reading this thread, let me know.
I'm looking for a clinic in the dallas/ft worth, texas area. If you know, please don't hold out, I'm in need
I had my fourth baby 6 months ago.  I am 36 years old and I have never had to struggle with loosing weight.  I have not been able to get the extra pounds off since she was born.  I was told about the B12 shots available and I started getting it over 1 week ago.  I have so far lost 91/2 pounds in a little over a week.  I eat well and excersize all of the time.  I am soooo excited to see the weight start to come off.
I HAVE STILL BEEN TRYING TO FIND A CLINIC OR M.D IN FRESNO,CA- STILL NO LUCK, SO IF PEGALL IS KEEPING UP WITH THIS THREAD PLS LEAVE SOME INFORMATION ON THREAD OR EMAIL AT ***@**** IT WOULD BE MUCH WELCOMED.THANK YOU.
People say that the B-12 shot stings, when I had mine today I felt nothing, does that mean it's no good, or my NPD is very good at giving needles.
Does anyone know of a doctor or Wellness Center in Virgina that offers b12 injections? Are the injections sold on the internet the same as the ones offered by doctors and do they come with instructions?
Hello i am going to get my B12 shot in the first week of november and im very excited. There is an office in the Stockton area if you are interested. The number is(209)887-3891. He charges $85 for your first visit and $75 thereafter. They will be opening another one in the san jose area if anyone is interested just call the above number and they will give you the information. His name is Dr. Wilkins. I will contact you and let you know how everything goes after i get it done! Hopefully the info was useful.
Does anyone know how I would find a doctor close to Fort Collins, CO that would do the shot? I've been looking for it online but I'm not having any luck.
In Canada there is a weight loss clinic called "Dr. Bernstein" and they work on the B6/B12 injection basis - along with a very strict diet.  I know they are branching into the U.S. so you may want to look for them in your area.  I am trying a nutritionist who uses a similar concept and I see her for the first time later this week - can't wait!  I hear it is easy to gain all weight back once you stop with the injections so we must all work hard after!!
I too was very frustrated trying to loose weight. I exercised one hour a day, five days a week.  Ate no more than 7oo calories a day (sometimes even fasting for up to 3 days) and still couldn't loose. I was diagnosed with fibramyolgia, raynauds disease, plus two other immune problems. I finally decided to go for a gastric bypass and even was approved for the surgery.  I decided to try one more weight clinic, more to prove with paperwork that I couldn't loose.  This clinic gave the B-12 injection.  I started just loosing 1 pound, then the next week 3 pounds, then 4-5 pounds.  I also started to have energy and built muscles.  I have lost a total of 110 pounds since Jan. 1st.  I realized that since everything else was the same (diet, exercise, etc.) it had to be the injection.  Doing some research, I found a genetic disposition to digestion issues that leads to colon cancer.  My grandmother died of colon cancer and two of my aunts were just diagnosed.  Two of my grown children started the treatment and have lost 40-60 pounds as well.  I wish I could get my primary insurance to pick up the costs.  B12 has been a miracle in my life!!!!
I just recieved my first B12 shot last friday, along with taking phendermine, I have lost 3 lbs so far.  I do exercise daily and watch my diet pretty carefully.  It cost 55 bucks every two weeks to go to the doctor located here in Tucson.  I was doing some research and found that you can purchase both of these meds over the internet for a much cheaper price.  I was wondering if anyone has done this and if the medication is the same as the doctor prescribes.