Weight Loss Alternatives Community
B12 shots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

B12 shots

I am going to the Dr for the first time and am going to do the phen and B12 shots my question is should I take the B12 shots once a week or every two weeks? The program that I am going to start is 2 months long with phen and B12 and you have the choice of one shot every two weeks or once a week for 4 weeks and nothing the last month of the program. I guess you can start the program over once you are done but that means the last 4 weeks I don't get any shots. I have also thought of trying to buy the B12 shots on line and doing it myself but have never done that before but it seems people on these forums buy B12 and HCG and don't have a problem getting them or using them. So that is a option. Any info would be wonderful! I weigh 240 and need to weigh 180 for my height of 5'9"  I feel ugly.
Hey alicat007,

On Thursday I am going to a clinic that offers diet pills but I do not know what kind and the b12 shots.  I believe the b12 shots are weekly and I think it is hcg shots in the stomach that you get weekly.  I am desperately looking for a buddy to do this with and share experiences with.  I am at 281 and only 5'6 so I feel your pain!!

I posted wrong...the b12 shots are monthly and the hcg weekly
yea! we can buddy up and share our experience's and go on this journey together!!
Hi!
I am new here. The program I am doing at my doctors is the Phen (30 mg) daily and B12 shot every 3 weeks.  This is my first full week on the program. I went to doc last Tuesday weighing 292 and this morning I was 277.  That was good to see!  I don't expect to lose so much so fast over time but I am hoping for steady progress.  My ultimate goal is 160 lbs for my height, but I would also like to be 250 by my birthday in July.  After a friends and family gathering a few weeks ago, I felt like the 'fat wife' out of my husbands friends and I really need to get healthy as diabetes runs in my family.

I would love to have a partner too...can we be a trio? lol
I really think you can make the Birthday Goal! Let's work together and have fun doing this right this time~~we owe it to ourselves! I have started the Slim Shots which have worked some before and then the DR wednesday! I weighed myself last night and I surprised myself and weigh 230 not 240 so that was nice but I still have a long way to go!
WHOA!!! That is awesome.  I know b/c we weigh so much more the weight loss will be more in the beginning but I am really looking forward to it.  If I was a lot smaller and the weightloss was not significant it would not bother me as much.  I can not wait fror my appt on Thursday!!
I am tempted to not weigh often...it is hard though...  I am very easily discouraged so if something is off I am afraid I will slack off!  I am also very easily encouraged and so far I am liking the results.  I have to come to terms that big numbers are first and then the smaller losses are to be expected.  I will weigh myself next Monday to check my progress and then not again until my 3 week appt.

I also need to get a tape measure to see inches.

Today starts my week 2.  

Are you guys following a specific eating plan?
I will weigh in a lot because I have to see results..I am hoping for a large lost in the beginning to keep me going! In the beginning I am going to start by cutting back on sugars and lessen my carbs and add more veggies. Once I get a hold of the eating then I will try to cut out more things. I don't measure myself~I check the scale~and go by how my cloths fit me~that really gives me the willpower!
You are doing so well! You are losing weight and not weighing often so I would stick to what works for you! Have you changed the way you eat at all? How long can you go without eating or do you eat when its breakfast and lunch time? I sometimes skip meals when I am trying to lose weight but I don't know if thats really helpful. Really trying to sort this all out on this site.
Skipping meals is my biggest problem...b/c then I over eat later.  Last time I lost about 40 lbs before quiting I was just eating three meals and cut out my sweet tea. I did not change my lifestyle though and I gained it and more back.  It was a very crazy time for us though as we had 3 deaths in the family and I just went into a spiral.  It is just a little over 24 hours before my first visit.  I can not wait to find out what I am going to be doing
I bet you are excited about  going to the DR's and the new Journey your about to begin!  I know I am too! I go today at 3 pm.  I need the b!2 and Phen for some craving control here!! Now I am getting used to eating less~~I still WANT to eat but   I am able to tell myself not now or wait a bit. But I am also just grabbing anything to fill me up and move on which isn't good. I need to get some bars or something easy and light and right there for me to eat. So I don't always grab junk. If not for this forum I don't think I would have tried so hard to start a diet this time because the start is the hardest for me every time but the people here are so nice and the advice is great! Good Luck to US!!
I am new here as well, and I started my B12 shots, Phen, Calcuim Pyruvate, and MVI last Tuesday; I went in for my 1st weigh in yesterday and I lost 12 pounds.  I am 5'11 1/2" and started at 339 now I am 327.  I am so excited.  Before I started the B12 shot I weighed 350, decided to start dieting about three weeks before the shot and lost 10 pounds; so all together I've lost 22 pounds....I tell you this is great!  I plan on losing more and looking forward to keeping it off!

Good luck to you all!

livingbetter,

that is awesome news!! Tomorrow is my first appt and I can not wait but I am not sure what I will get.  Believe me I will post it tomorrow!!  22 lbs is great.  I have lost a little before my visit too but I still have cravings and want to really over eat.  Keep us posted!!
Hi Living Better!!! Awesome!  

@ all.  My doc gave me a diet sheet that has me eating at 7 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 3 PM, 6 PM and 9 PM.  Grazing basically but with skim milk, diet yogurt, or fruit three times a day as a snack and offers a list of snacks you can have anytime.  No red meat and np eating after the 9 PM yogurt or fruit feeding.  

The Phen works great.  I often have to watch the clock so I eat.  Cravings almost nill, last night I had 2 cookies and a 1/2 lemon square but from where I come, it was a vast improvement.  

The reason I don't want to be tied to the scale is because whenever you workout consistently, you build lean muscle and that can throw you off and I am very sensitive, I cannot afford to be thrown off and puzzled by a week with little weight gain.  So what I also did was judge by how I fit in this pants outfit.  Last week before I started the program I could not pull the pants over my hips and behind, this morning I could pull them up, but not pull them closed.  Hopefully next week I can pull them closed and the week after actually try to button them...wishful thinking?.. Maybe, but I am working towards that!
My diet is totally different.  It is basically the Atkins diet, I can have all the protiens I want, limited carbs, and of course lots and lots of water.  I basically have to make myself eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I am trying very hard not to be a scale slave, but I have to get my B12 shot once a week on Tuesdays + weigh in, and my job is doing a healthy weight thing which has me weighing in on Thursdays, but I try not to look.  I am just excited about this whole progam, my doctor has a open door policy which I thought was great, and I can also call If I have any questions.  You keep on with you program and you will definately be wearing those pants.

Good Luck!
I have lost 2 pounds since yesterday~~I have lost 4 pounds this week! That is huge for me, I usually see a pound of two but never this much at one time. I haven't yet gotten a diet plan together I am just cutting way back on what I do eat. Making tea with splenda today so I can let go of sugar. The carbs are going to kill me to let go of everything is a carb! I hope everyone has a good week for their own weight loss!
Congrats on your pants! I know how that can be just the motivation you need to get into something you couldn't wear before! And the day you can actually button them and not die is like Heaven! Picking up my Phen tabs this morning. I just hope once I lose this weight it stays off!
Congrats on your weight loss, before you know it, it will be more pounds off and you'll start to feel the difference.  I even feel the difference when I clasp my hands/ fingers together. I can't even wear my wedding rings anymore isn't that something.  And that is what really motivates me even more to continue with diet and exercise, because I want to see what won't fit next!

Again Congrats and good luck!
Do any of you want to post your weight loss here each week? Or is that too much pressure? I really enjoy the encouragement and the stories everyone has and just want to make it fun for all!
I am using the tracker to post mine.  I want the pressure!!
These shots are working very well! I am not hungry and I have tons of get up and go! I will go back wednesday and get another LIPO shot.