Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Coconut oil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Coconut oil

OK,
i just bought some coconut oil, open it up and YUCK it looks like Crisco.
How do I eat it and how much
Coconut oil is supposed to be a healthier oil that vegetable oil and help you to lose weight.  It doesn't.  It is oil--100% icky tasting oil.  If you like coconuts, it will probably be fine, but I wouldn't just eat the stuff.  It is meant to replace olive oil or butter in cooking.  It will add a taste you need to get used to to tolerate.  If you eat alot you will get indigestion, just like if you ate half a bottle of any other fat.  If you need fat in your diet, eat the stuff.  if not, it is cheaper just to use olive oil or butter.  Throw it away and take it as a lesson learned.
I'm pretty sure that coconut oil (pure virigin, 1st pression) is very good for health and that it helps losing weight. Trying it is the better. Be sure to but 1st pression pure virgin coconut oil. If it's pure virgin coconut oil, no side effects for sure. Just try it. It's also the best for neurologic problems and digestive problems (I had a digestive problem for 40 days and only coconut oil saved me, true!).
A man from France. :)