Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Coffee and bowel movements
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coffee and bowel movements

I didn't know what topic area this should go under so please forgive me.
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. Everytime I drink coffee my bowels move and my urine smells like coffee. Is this normal? Does anyone know why this happens.

Thanks,
Babygotback

Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes, it is normal. Coffee has compounds that increase motility in the stomach and can cause some irritation in the lining of the stomach, either causing diarrhea or increasing  bowel movements.
Blank
Thanks for the info. I think I will cut coffee out of my diet. I tried decaf but it still makes me a little edgy. The extra bowel movements are no fun either.

Thanks again,

Babygotback
Blank
I have been having this same problem, but I take the b12/myoden shot with the phen pills. Does anyone know if this is normal? This happens at different times of the day with a lot of gas with it. I am sorry to be so graphic.
Blank
Foldgers just came out with a nice coffee that's easy on your stomach.  Couldn't hurt right?
-Kaitlin
Blank
1348938_tn?1276672434
I don't believe there is anything wrong with you if this is happening... coffee contains a high level of antioxidants which cleans out your system... I'm no doctor but when that same thing happens to me I attribute it to the antioxidants cleaning out my system.  Before you give up coffee you should ask a doctor about it... it could be completely normal.  A controlled amount of coffee is actually healthy for you.

http://www.physorg.com/news6067.html
Blank
1348938_tn?1276672434
This website is pretty helpful... maybe its will answer your questions:

http://pnwf.org/CoffeeEdited041001.pdf
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now