Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Do enema aid in weight loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Do enema aid in weight loss

Does anyone have information on at home enemas? I heard that they help weight loss and are alot less expensive than colonics.
I'm sorry but I have no idea the rational here. A clean colon
will take the calories you ingested into stomache or system
& you'll get thin? Is food going to slide out your stomache to
a smooth shoot? An enema is for constipation/a pre-surgery/a
colonoscopy. By the time stuff hits your colon, the calories
have already decided to go where they want. Drink more ice water. A 6z glass burns 25 calories while warming up to absorb
in tissue. It hydrates/helps regularity/plumps wrinkles. Just
control portions/move more/stay hydrated. Metabolism will shift & you'll burn calories in your sleep. Too many enemas can cause
colon damage.
I heard that theres a theory that it helps in weighloss in the sense that, firstly it dislodges stale foeses (sp) and also the calcified foeses which Ive seen for myself on a healthfarm thing on I think UKTV style. I agree above it prob aint a good idea to do all the time, but maybe once would be ok. Ive also read and heard on the prog that because ur removing the bad toxins from ur body it makes u feel better within urself. That may in turn give u the enthusiasm to do the above cos ul be able to motivate urself more.

Im also interested to know what people think on this cos I also have thought of doing this. I think u just have to be careful and do it sensible and know ur not gonna lose major weight but because it helps you not be constipated etc this prob helps. The people from that health farm felt better and looked happier. Even if u dont really believe it works, if the person doing it believes it works and therefore feels better I think theres a benefit to it. Although my dr said she didnt think so, but everyone has their opinion.

I think if u do try it, just be careful and dont go over the top, as with anything
My intention was not to do it often. I have read articles that say that cleansing your colon is a way to detoxify your system. We can literally have 3 or more lbs of waste in our system that won't come out any other way. Thanks for the info.
They sure do help.  It's a favorite method of anorexics and bulimics.  Eat right and exercise instead.
In a healthy colon there is anywhere from 3 to 15 pounds of undigested fecal matter. This toxic material makes it more difficult for you to absorb nutrients, it slows down your metabolism, it makes you susceptible to all types of allergies including food allergies, gives you constipation, gas, indigestion, and acid reflux, and is a breeding ground for Candida yeast [which can make you depressed].

Somehow bowel management got lost and became a taboo subject, although a huge portion of the diseases of civilization are due to improper functioning of the bowel. For years enemas have been a secret trick used by models and actresses to flatten their tummy before an event. With a good enough diet, enemas are not needed. However, most people (even those who purport to do so) do not have a good diet all of the time. For me, the thought of sitting on all of that rotting, putrified matter day after day are enough to assure me that twice weekly enemas cannot be harmful. Try one you instantly feel lighter and much better.
I can say from experience, this enema or any colonic will not cause immediate weight loss, however, if you have trouble moving your bowels, this is great for release of plaque & feces, including flatter stomach(for the time being). It's not going to kill stored fat deposits though. As everybody knows. Good diet (fruits, veggies, water...etc) combined with cardio & moderate weight lifting will dramatically lean your body and make it feel amazing. I Do highly reccommend a coffee enema to achieve the best results. Good luck:)
no one said"please look up sodium biohospate and sodium phoshate there are risk depending on your health history
     Well, I am on a diet and just started using enemas.  Unfortunately, whether I am on a diet or not, I am always very constipated.  So I thought I would give enemas a shot. I don't use them very often, but it helps my tummy pain and discomfort, as well as reducing the swelling and gas buildup.  Also helps me get better numbers on the scale, because I am not holding on to all this f-matter in my intestines.  But I have also significantly increased my water intake and fiber intake with the hopes my intestines will work better on their own.

I have also done colonics.  They are very very uncomfortable and pricey.  However, they produced amazing results and it seemed to improve the strength of the intestinal muscles.  If you have the money, I would highly recommend colonics.
There are many aspects of the body where when left to only to nature will not produce an optimal result in terms of health and social outcomes. In these many instances mankind has developed maintainence or intervention habits to produce more favourable outcomes. Examples are hair care, oral care, bathing and all aspects of grooming and hygiene. If you don't brush and floss your teeth we all know that you will likely have bad breath, loose teeth and suffer from gum disease especially in a modern society with many foods that are far from their natural state as well. Why should you care for one end of your alimentary canal and not the other?

Enemas were very popular in the 1940's, 50's and 60's and an enema kit was commonly kept in the home.  In those times the kind of lifestyle diseases so prevalent today were quite rare.  Proper bowel care has fallen out of favour because of the taboo associated with the bowel and the tendency to ignore the bowel untill it cannot be ignored and that is often when it is too late. It is a well known fact that laxatives (along with painkillers) are the top selling drugs in pharmacies. That is an dire indication of the poor state of bowel health in our society. Some say that enemas can damage your bowel and cause dependance. It is not enemas but laxative use which creates increasing dependancy which is again supported by the vast amount sold. This is because laxatives and enemas work in different ways physiologically. There is really no such thing as a "natural" laxative like the high doses of insoluble bran taken as a breakfast cereal and this can aggravate the problem. E.g. From constipation to spastic colon.

Proper cleansing enemas used regularly complete your health maintainence and are really the best way along with more fruit and veg in the diet to ensure bowel health and have been used since ancient times. Like anything there are right and wrong ways. Disposable fleet bottle enemas (popular in the medical setting because they are quick and convenient) are likely to lead to dependancy. Better enema equipment is an enema bag, use of a colon tube and an a mild soap solution (unperfumed soap) helps achieve a good and full cleanse of the colon. That is the old fashioned enema that supported a far healthier society. Enemas certainly help with weight loss as they critically support the process of removal of waste products which can re-enter the tissues if not effectively eliminated resulting in auto-intoxication to a lesser or greater extent. This will retard the efficient utilisation of nutrients in the cells and development of a sluggish metabolism, low energy levels and unhealthy weight gain among other detrimental health effects. Constipation is thus a self-sustaining condition. Enemas are the only way to effectively break this cycle and thereafter will support health.

There is a social shyness away from anything to do with the bowel. Poor colon health is linked to a host of diseases and ailments. I would commend regular colon cleansing with enemas as a key to good health. I can personally attest to that and its really inexpensive if you just educate yourself. Start out slow with lower volumes, solution strength and insertion depth (if using a colon tube) and gently proceed from there. Temperature should be luke warm to warm, not hot. Enema sense is SEAT: Solution, equipment, administration and temperature.