Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Does phentermine make any of you sleepy at the beginning?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Hello everyone,

I started a medical weight loss program through my internal medicine doctor on 7/16/10. i weighed 224lb at the consultation and i am 5'4.5. I am 33 yrs old and have a BMI 37. I have been struggling with my weight for awhile, but due to other personal issues had not put an effective plan in place. I decided to attend a Realize band seminar to get information about the gastric band. I want to lose the weight and keep it off, it doesnt matter to me how quick it is, but that it is permanent.
Anyway, at the seminar they said your insurance makes you do a 6 month doctor supervised weight loss mangement first before they will approve it, so i initially went to the doctor to get the ball rolling and to get a physical.  After much discussion he suggested i try the weight loss program, it would be monitored monthly by him and if i didnt get where i wanted to be after 6 months...then i would still qualify for the lap band. I have decided if i can lose 90 lbs with this program, i dont need the band. Once i finally get this stuff off of me it is not coming back . I refuse to go back up the scale again.

I kind of found this site by chance as i was looking up info about phentermine...i took my first 1/2 pill on 7/16/10 ( phentermine 37.5mg. I also got a b12/b6 shot on 7/15/10 and will get them twice a month and a refill on my phen monthly. I am also on a 1000 calorie diet and suppose to at least walk 30 minutes a day 5 days a week, which isnt hard for me in the medical field and dealing with the hectic schedule of my kids ( 9, 11) plus my school campus! My dr. estimated about 6 lb a month without exercise. He said i burned about 1775 calories at rest. I have been reading a lot of the post and i have seen most people losing about 10 lb the first month and then tapering off. My dr, did tell me that i may lose quite a bit and then it stand still, but not to worry. I plan to go over the recommended exercise requirement because i like to play tennis with a friend at least 2 days out of the week. Anyway, I look forward to being a support person for al of you...and hope that you will help me too!!

SW 224
CW ?
GW 148-150
First goal- 199( onederland)