Dr. Simeons vs. Kevin Trudeau
I've read Dr. Simeons manuscript on the hcg diet info website and I'm curious what the general consensus is on the two protocols between Kevin Trudeau and Dr. Simeons.  Which protocol are you following and how do you compare the two?   Is one considered safer than the other?   Is one considered more effective?

Also, I see a lot of posts from people bashing Trudeau- but very few talking against Simeons.  From what I understand, Trudeau just took Dr. Simeons hcg weight loss protocol and added information from other dr's as far as cleansing, etc.  Is the anti-hcg perspective only aimed at Trudeau's person and not at the diet itself?  
Excellent.And good for you for starting during the holidays. Do you folllow the protocol as per Dr Simeons? What dose of hCG do you use? email me at info@atlantismedispacom.
I have been on Phase 2 for 24days.  My skin is so dry it is cracking.  What can I put on it that will not stop the weight loss?  I know that most things do because I have tried.  Please help.
Jan
I used Vaseline and it worked pretty well.  Doesn't seem to get absorbed into the skin, but keeps moisture in.  Be sure to drink a lot of water or other liquids.
what do you think about clenbuterol for 2 weeks 20 40 40 60 60 80 80 100 100 80 80 60 40 20 then stop and take T3 for 2 weeks also tapering up and down then repeating again? my friend had really great results but i was more afraid of the T3 use...my blood work showed i was borderline low in T3 thanks for any input I know this is really off the hcg topic but I figured I would ask anyway.
Hi Dr G !

Long time no talk to. See you're still fighting the good fight as far as blogs go.  (We'd talked long ago, hCG possibly interrupting glycogen/glucagon release forcing your body into a state of lipolysis/ketosis almost instantaneously, the value of monitoring ketone levels while on hCG)

Anywhoo - if you'd like I have stats for a mid 30's female smoker through approx 30 days on 150IU of hCG, daily weights, ketone levels, periodic measurements of thighs, waist, etc.

A new group of 3 just started this week, down 3, 5 & 12 lbs respectively, 3 of us who have already completed approx 30 day VLCD course all lost between 25-35 lbs.  

I'd stopped hCG towards the end of December last year - just got back from a 3 week vacation where I munched down on fast food quite a bit. To my amazement - after 3 weeks of junk had only gained 2 lbs.   Wondered if you're far enough along to review any clinical data of your patients that would add merit to Simeon's theory about resetting the hypothal, and making it harder to rebound once coming off the protocol.

Not sure if you check out YouTube - there's a gent in Canada who, if things go as planned - is creating a documentary of a group of 5-10 on the protocol. He's mentioned having weekly body scans done at the U of Winnipeg Manitoba which will determine scientifically how much of the pounds lost are adipose tissue loss vs. water or muscle mass. Exciting to think of the possibilities...        

As far as the specific question posed in this thread - all of us did Simeon's exclusively, no Trudeau steps at all (didn't cleanse, get high colonics or go all organic, used equal or splenda to sweeten, drank diet colas for above mentioned losses) Sure, all organic might be better for you, yes, perhaps we all would have lost more if we had. Without the extra hassles & embarrassments - we all feel very fortunate with our progress thus far.
Do you know an insurance company that covers malpractice insurance for hcg injections for weight loss?
I just wanted to let people know that if you are ordering on the internet, please be aware that globalweightlosscure.com is a TOTAL SCAM.  I have begun legal proceedings against them, they promise a tracking number, but after you order, you get NO INFORMATION about the company.  You will notice on their website there is NO CONTACT INFORMATION, just a form.  My credit card was charged and the number given is not a legit number, it DOESN'T EXIST.  I know there are legit sites, but this is not one.

If anyone else has been ripped off, please let me know, I am gathering information to give to the state attorney general and to the attorney's that have prosecuted kevin trudeau for his other scams.  i hope to get at least some of the money back.

It's a shame, the site looks legit, but it's a total sham! It says it is associated with kevin trudeau, and I am sooo upset that I have been ripped off for $200.00.  I intend to do everything I can to get my money back and to help stop others from getting ripped off.  
Just wanted to say that both you and this thread have been very interesting!! Dr. Gonzo, you had posted the first 40 of a list of articles you had collected (I think it was you). I grabbed a copy of the list for my notes. Do you have the other 50 or however many? I'd love to see them!!

Thanks,

Vicky
I'm going to be starting the hcg on Feb 27th. I've read the book The Weightloss Cure, but lost on the phases. Phase 1 doesn't say what to eat, just has the do's and don't. Do I eat all organic and only eat 500 calories. I guess I'll find out at my doctor's appointment. I'm spending 600.00 to do this, seems like alot. Just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions?!  Thanks.
Just found this site tonight, and have been excited to be reading through it.  I am a midlevel practitioner who actually prescribes HCG to many patients.  I started the protocol myself about 12 days ago, because I a) wanted to test it out and have personal first hand experience and b) have some weight to lose before a wedding.  I am happy to report that thus far, I have lost 10.5 lbs and 8 inches overall in my measurements, and couldn't be happier!  I'm not having a hard time doing the diet, I don't get hungry, the only bad thing maybe is that I'm drinking so much more water I'm running to the restroom constantly.  I feel better, my clothes fit better, and I'm positive this will work well for my patients (just started working a few weeks ago).  So everyone keep up the good work, and stay strong!  The benefits of weight loss are so beneficial to your health.  If anyone is looking for a great hcg clinic in utah I know one or two.
i am 18 years young and i just had a baby i am 150 ponds ugh! i have alot of friends who are doing the hcg shot and are getting amazing results! i really want to do it but im a bit scared. i dont know if i would like qualify for it. i just am worried about getting sick, or something. also, everyone i know is buying it off a website for a fairly good deal, and doing the shot themselves, no doctors involved at all. can anyone help me???? is this thing safe?? a good idea for me??
I'm so excited to get started! My shots came today and I just took my first one. I immediately ate something fatty to start the loading. This forum has been very helpful and informative. I've had a weight problem all my life once I hit puberty, then lost both ovaries to ruptured cysts and had a hysterectomy at 23. Since then the weight struggle has been constant. I've talked to several people who have tried this protocol and kept the weight off so I'm very optimistic! I guess I'd better hurry and take my measurements!
HCG works...

I was a big kid since the age of 3 (Husky) in 8th grade I weighed 230lbs until I reached almost 400lbs 4 months ago.  The lowest weight I have ever achieved in my life was 225lbs in 1988 and that was because I got a sick. I have tried every diet over the last 45 years, at times I even spent 2-3 hours per night on a stationary bike, nothing worked. My metabolism was so slow and nothing helped.

Since the age of 6 my mom had me in Weight Watchers and it did not help it just made me feel ridiculed and scared me for life. I got older and I tried the Deal a meal, Jenny Craig and the body make over . I even tried prescription weight loss pills to help with the hunger pains of eating 800 calories a day.  The hunger pains always sucked and the pills did not work in fact these prescription pills killed several people.

In all I lost very little and gained even more, a lot more 400lbs.  I ate like a bird, skipped meals and nothing worked, so I gave up. I have been look down on, made fun of and treated like I was lazy, even if I worked 90 hours per week and did more than others around me and yet others got promoted. I was sick of being fat and about to get stapled when I found HCG.

I was afriad that it was all lies plus I hate needles. So I gave it a shot and something weird started to happened I actually started to care about what goes into my body.

Then a miracle within 2 days of starting the 500 calorie diet I had no hunger pains, I was not grumpy and I did not feel tired. The HCG made me feel like I can finally lose weight and keep it off and I have It has been 80 days and I have lost 105lbs and went from a size 57 to a 46 in my pants sizes.  I have no sagging skin and my body is keeping my muscle structure and I feel great. So I can tell you it works.. It works, it works.. Why have I been lied to all these years by doctors, why do they still lie today.

I am now 289lbs and plan on loosing another 90lbs.
Congratulations, I have been reading through this thread trying to understand what this is all about and my personal story is laden with hard work and little success also.  An undiagnosed thyroid problem has left me 120 pounds overweight.  And I am searching for answers.  I don't eat fast food, junk, sodas etc.
How are you doing now?  I am so curious.  I am scared to try this, one of my attempts at weight loss gave me hives for days.  Most other efforts low cal, low carb, high exercise all combinations and variants have caused exhaustion.  Thank-you.
I am 30 yrs old. Have had weight problems all my life. I am 250 lbs. My friends mother is doing the program and has had tremendous success. However, what I want to know is.. I have given birth recently and have had two abdominal surgeries. Not including two c sections. Alot of the post I see on here are from older folks. How does it work if you have all these issues? Anybody..?
HCG can work with almost anyone. I say almost, because there are a few conditions which are dangerous to do this on  your own. It is best if you have a physician that knows the program and can monitor your progress. However, it shouldnt be affected by previous surgeries. If you are on medications, the hcg should not affect your medications (except possibly birth control and insulin - hcg has been used as a fertility drug, although in much larger doses - as you lose weight, your need for insulin might get lower and you would have to monitor your dosages very carefully under a doctor's supervision) Age shouldn't be a factor.
I think the biggest thing would be : Are you willing to stick to the diet and give yourself daily injections? If you can do both those things, you will probably be able to do this protocol. (The hcg makes it so you can stick to a 500 cal diet without feeling the hunger pangs.)
Want more information? try advancehcg(dot)com. They have a video that explains it pretty well.
Will this work if I had preeclempsia (sp?) and boarderline toximia when pregnant?  That was five years ago, but I put on nearly 100 pounds between switching meds to get pregnant and then the pregnancy.  The first 40 came off and stayed off, but the next 30 pounds have yo-yo'd. My son was born at 35 weeks, healthy. :)  I am really glad I didn't get to find out just how much weight I could have put on.  Will the hcd trigger this to happen again or was it a lack of hcd that contributed to the problem in the first place?
Sorry about the typos.  Dark room. hCG not hcd
*proof read BEFORE hitting post*
Okay, so I've been reading up on HCG all day.  I like the idea of the drops rather than injections.  However, I have a few questions.  Three years ago I went to a doctor for bioidentical hormones.  They did nothing except make me gain weight and feel terrible.  She told me I was low on progestine and testostrone, but my estrogen was high.  I'd been on an estrogen supplement for years.  I was so upset.  Well,  I had a physical recently and at age 53 I'm not even premenopausal?  Doesn't HCG have estrogen in it?  Also, my sister was diagnosed with estrogen positive breast cancer years ago.  So I'm wondering if this will help me take off my extra 50 pounds.    
The Princess. I have not started the hcg diet yet but am very interested i will be following the kev tru book eating the organic food. if someone has tried that please give me some feed back i ordered my hcg from another country and im using the intramuscular needles. i heard if you keep the hcg for longer than for days it loses it s potency.
Playing devil's advocate here: Hypothetically, if someone is a licensed provider (a real one) and they "prescribe" Hcg, and something bad happens.... how do they defend it in court?  It has been proven (by real medical studies, published in real clinical journals) ineffective and has no medical indication.  The plaintiff will allege they used their influence as a provider to coerce or influence them to use something not recognized as the standard of care.  Any thoughts?
I just started the HCG protocol. I didnt go through the cleanse, but I have lost 6 pounds in the past week. I am having a little trouble with shakes (weakness). I am a vegetarian (I dont eat poultry or fish either) and was wondering if there was any other protein besides rice bran.
A friend of mine and I just started the drops.  We studied and studied for some time before beginning.  We decided to do it because we personally know of 2 women who have lost and stand behind the product.  

We ordered the drops off of the reputable site.  A site that one of the ladies Dr.s recommended.  We misunderstood about the two day binge and ate heavy for two days, but without the drops.  Then we started the protocol (500 calorie diet and drops) then realized we should have done the binge and drops together.

This is the end of our third day.  I've had hunger pains and have been hungry, but it has been not to bad to stay on target.  I have not deviated at all from what I am supposed to eat.

The first day on the drops was really hard.  What was even harder was that the next morning I had gained 1/2 lb.  I was ready to cry but determined to give it a really good try.  My friend lost 5 lbs that first day.

The next day I lost 2 lbs plus the 1/2 I had gained the day before.  My friend lost another 2.  We are determined to keep going,but are wondering if the hunger is due to us not doing the binge and drops together or if the drops are different than the injections.

We didn't have good energy the first day, but yesterday and today have had plenty of energy and not weak or dizzy like a 500 calorie diet would normally make us feel.

I hope someone can answer those two questions for me.  Thanks,
I have been really weak and have felt kinda icky.  I have been on it 7 days, today.  My skin is so dry it is chapped.  I don't haven any energy and my legs are retaining fluid.  Has this happened to anyone?
this is so sad..years later,this is still going on,and before you jump on me..read.,and ask ya self.. not 1 drop of proof,other then what you all 'claim' no tv,magazines,talk shows adds..nothing,not 1 shred of proof,wheres the pics ? if people lost what they claim,you do not think that would make headline news ? lets be honest with our selfs,I wont give a lesson in what HCG is and really does,and is used for,if ya wanna know just ask...and the proof I know most of you are so uneducated is the fact you fall for the
B-12 nonsense, B-12 is used for the metabolisim  and break down of carbs n fat to convert to energy,which in turn COULD lead to more energy,but do not count on it,
I know sports people who do 1,000 mcgs 3-4x a week,to break down food,not energy,
and mistake #2 ,and proof most here are mislead,.is there is ZERO form of HCG
that works other  injections,no drops...no pills..nothing..and thats a fact,and  as I asked,instead of yelling you lost 20lbs in 7 days..show me proof..and a lil foot note..
to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks.. your body would have to burn over 70,000 calories...more then the 500 you ate..and thats a fact...please only reply with proof..and any talk of why im wrong,with proof..
I have started the HCG sublingual on 2/6/10. I am wondering what the difference is between the shot & sublingual and if it will still do the same thing. Also, I don't know who Dr. Simeons or Kevin Trudeau are. I was at my homeopathic doctor who recommended this to me since I am 5'1 and have been gaining wait every since giving birth to my 3rd child. I have exercised, dieted and still nothing but gain. I have lost 10lbs, but I gained 2 back since I have a sweet tooth and gave in unfortuantely.
I could really use some more info and suggestions.
My day goes...
Urinate, weigh, take 10 drops - wait 15 min.
Then before lunch I take 10 drops - wait 15 mins. and eat a salad with 4oz of grilled chicken.
Before dinner I take 10 drops - wait 15 mins and eat another salad with either grilled chicken or steak.
I also if I am hungrey have either a med. apple or a handful of strawberry's.
Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
So far I am happy but I hope I can keep going and due to me cheating I didn't just mess everything up.
hello,alot of folks do not like me because i speak facts,its not even a opinion ,LIQUID DROPS DO NOT WORK, HCG is only stable in injection form,same for HGH & B-12,
KEVIN TRUDEAU   is a criminal and con artist,just google his name...sorry if I sound mean,just giving facts,best of luck to you...

"This deceptive practice is injection with HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). HCG is a hormone extracted from urine of pregnant women. It is approved by FDA for treatment of certain problems of the male reproductive system and in stimulating ovulation in women who have had difficulty becoming pregnant. No evidence has been presented, however, to substantiate claims for HCG as a weight-loss aid.
An article in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) in 1974 stated:

"No convincing scientific evidence exists that human chorionic gonadotropin has any pharmacologic effect in weight reduction. Hence, claims to the public that such effects do occur are a misrepresentation of the scientific facts."
I am doing a doctor-wellness coach led Advanced Weight Loss diet (following the Dr. Simeons protocol) using HCG sublingual (drops) vs. injections. My goal is to lose 62 pounds (187 to 125). My hair dresser is also on the same plan, as I learned of it based on her recommendation (she does the once daily injection). She started Jan. 4th and told me on Wed. that she's down 37 pounds (her goal is to lose 110 lbs.).  I was advised that whether you use drops or injections, both work identically for weight loss.  

I started the sublingual on Feb. 12 (.125mm about 6 AM; and again about 6-6:30 PM) (will do this for 6 days, then one day off). I loaded up with eating on the 13th & 14th.  I started the 500 calories/day on the 15th. Yesterday morning-the 24th, my home scale had me down 11 pounds.  I have been following the doctor's plan precisely-no deviations. Along with the eating, I've been drinking approx. 100 ozs. of water/other liquids.  I have experienced no hunger pangs or cravings whatsoever.  I've had some fatigue, but seems to be improving with each day.  

My daily food consists of a fruit snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon (apple, orange, half grapefruit, or six large strawberries - with 1 pc. melba toast or 4 low-cal wheat thins).  My lunch and dinner consists of 3.5-4.0 oz. sirloin (lean beef), chicken, white fish, or serving of eggs (1 whole w/whites from 3 more) -  that's been prepared in a number of variations using onion, peppers, tomatoes, seasonings, 0-calorie sauces (Walden Farms zero-calorie products).  With that protein, I have about a cup of allowable vegetables that includes broccoli, cauliflower, brussell sprouts, squash, asparagus, salad greens/salad veges, green beans, spinach, etc.  I work strictly off the list given me by the doctor.  

In addition, I am taking a multi-vitamin and B-Complex vitamin daily with my morning fruit snack. Thus far, I'm pleased.  I like the way I feel, and am committed at this point to seeing the plan through.  One more thing, I'm to visit doctor's office once a week for weigh-in and coaching.  Like I said, I intend to follow the plan exactly as I am instructed, to maximize my success.  

I hope my experience may be of help to others.
and hello to all! Thanks ( to most of you, hehehe) for your posts, I appreciate the comments as I end my 4th day on Releana. I did the two-day fat-loading protocol, yuck, so I have been on VLCD for two days. I am under the care of an M.D. specializing in metabolic and weight issues, with a huge practice locally. I wouldn't dream of taking a "diet-pill", but Releana seemed a good fit for me and my usual Atkins-like diet. BUT, after reading thru all the posts here, I see that the opinion is not optimum for the sublingual hCG...hmmm, does that negativity also include Releana? Is it not legit, FDA approved, etc., as I was told?
Does anyone here have actual experience with Releana as opposed to the injections as a doctor, patient or researcher?
Is there a particular kind of person (hypertensive, using bioidentical hormones in cream form, smoker) for whom Releana wouldnt work?
I would appreciate any positive and constructive comments (others will get the "REPORT THIS" button at the bottom of their post). I haven't weighed myself, only being 4 days, but I am fairly amazed that I am not hungry or craving anything; I am sleeping well, peeing like crazy, of course, with 100 oz of water a day, eating organic greens and very lean protein, following the protocol, only have a teeny coffee in the a.m., and what is the weirdest thing...I am super-charged. I have more energy the last two days, at 49 yrs. old then I had 20 yrs. ago. And regardless of what the scale says, I can tell I am thinner. I only have 40 lbs to lose. I will check back soon and report on my success or failings as they occur. Thanks and good luck to all of you!
Well, I could just slap myself. I don;t have much experience with online discussion forums, but its been over a year since GonzoDC has posted anything to this forum, so I won't expect to see an answer from him here! I just had not looked at the dates on the postings. So heads up folks! Look at the dates! And if you have experience with the Releana product specifically, please don't hesitate to reply to my earlier post. Thanks and have a good one!
I still dont get it,the only form of HCG that is usable by the body is is inject... this rip off is so sad...
hCG is a naturally occuring substance within our human bodies.  Guess what, so are many of the life saving drugs I administer in the ICU where I save lives using these drugs.  Among them are antibiotics, epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine, insulin, glucose, etc.  Very often, I care for patients in shock and I administer these drugs IV with immediate results.  The results are so immediate that when I change out a bag of Levophed, for example, blood pressure drops dangerously low.  As soon as I again the start the drip from the newly hung bag, pressure returns.  Why is it so difficult to understand some drugs actually are effective?  If you know anything at all about the physiology of the human body, hCG makes sense.  Stop contesting it and try it; if you do not need it, shut up!  Nobody cares.  If you still do not believe me, think about people who have allergies.  What do they keep with them in case they are exposed and go into anaphalaxis?  An epi pen.  Epinephrine....it is AKA adrenaline.  It occurs naturally in your body!  Just think about this and educate yourself before you make yourself look more ignorant.  I'm just saying!  It is working for me!  In fact, I cheated today because I lost 15 pounds in 10 days and it was pointless,  I was able to eat a few fries and less than half the cheese burger!  Lesson learned, stick to the protocol and just reward yourself with a manicure or something because food no longer does the trick!
Much of what Kevin Trudeau writes and says is true.  Regarding hCG protocol, he did not create it.  A famous physician did more than 50 years ago.  KT is just profiting from the work of another.  Blame him for that.  As far as crooks go, those we place our trust in every day are just as flawed; we are all flawed.  This time though, Kevin Trudeau got it right!
I am on day 12 of the hCG drops & diet & I have lost 11lbs, but I cheated today & gained 3lbs & I was still on my hCG drops...what should I do now? Start over?  Keep going tomorrow w/ the 500 cal diet?  What will happen now?  Will my weight loss take a few extra days to see again?  
Please understand, my comments towards Mr Trudeau are not meant to be hateful. He is very misleading to the point where he has been fined for outright lies. This is well established. He mixes truth (Dr Simeaons Weight loss protocol) with lies ("you must buy this and buy that to make the protocol work) in order to make millions. His millions are made not by the sale of the protocol or his book, but by many of the useless items he sells along wiht the protocol. Many false statements that mislead the public. And that is where I have an issue with Mr Trudeau. In one aspect he brings positive attention to a good protocol, onthe other he misleads in order to sell useless items along with his book. Outright lies that have been well established. For every $10million he makes he gets fines $1 million. That is a pretty good return on investment. The protocol is available to the public to read for free and you do not need any special items he sells to make it work. You need a physician's guidance and the prescribed hCG for the protocol.
OK THIS is somewhat the claim phony doctors sell,ok 1st umm,think about it if your not pregnant nor a female,how can this be
#2 the body uses all nutrients you eat,1st,2nd in the glycogen stores,before fat cells can be touched,(this is a fact)
#3 liquefies ?? come on,chemistry 101 ,thats just not true,and fat cells while ,and when 'broken' down,will go though the blood stream,triglycerides ,etc...these claims after 15 yrs of studies,are just not true,and not for nothing the claim is 500 cals,
medi fast is what 800 ? after gastric bypass its 500,and they lose 100lbs in less then 6 months,with no HCG and they are not weak,drawn,etc, Id love to get your view on all the above,in both posts,then we can leave it there,the prob,I speak from school,facts,and real world,most go by the con artists book,Kevin T
thank you again
KT is not a scientis and has no medical training whatsoever. So the fact that he is telling people how to lose weight is unethical and discraseful. He is just DOING IT FOR THE MONEY! wake up people, he's a con man... that's what he does. And if you follow his advice, do so knowing of his motives (money) and that he is not a medical professional.

I fully support the freedom of speech, but i draw the line at giving people medical advice without any training. (its called fraud by the way) Would you take advice from and builing engineer on how to build your house, who just read few things on line and went to the library? Would you bet your family safety on that? Yeah, i didn't think so.

Always, always, always know who your source of information is and be critical of it. It's your life and it's your body. And KT is not going to run to your bed side when something goes wrong.

I really hope people read your response regarding life saving drugs that also occur naturally in the body and the possibility of the effectiveness of HCG. I'm currently on the protocol and have lost weight that I was unable to lose through your typical low calorie, low carb, low fat diet and daily exercise.
I also cheated during this phase of the HCG protocol (two times!!). I'm having a hard time resisting foods that are actually healthy, but not on the protocol (e.g., beans, oats). I find that I'm still only able to take a few bites or very small portions when I do cheat, so it's not like I'm gorging. I felt so much guilt though. I have been losing at least a pound and a half a day, some days two pounds, some days at least one pound, but I gained four pounds after I cheated!!! I also started obsessing about what it did to my progress and if I needed to start all over again (I hope not). I've just kept going and trying to get through the social gatherings that are part of this time of year.
Here is something interesting though. I was one of the people who actually lost two pounds after the first two days of the HCG protocol (gorge/forced feeding days). I'm reading that most people gain weight following the forced feeding days. I honestly believe it had something to do with my body's response to the HCG, but I'm not sure why it happened. I appreciate your post though and hope more research will be conducted regarding HCG and its role in weight loss.
It is difficult to understand that the hCG protocol is not a diet, rather a protocol to attempt to improve metabolism and help maintain that improvement. "cheating" is not about the calories, rather about it being a source of fat or food that deviates from the protocol and stops the process of metabolic change. Those changes you feel are real. Studies are not going to happen anytime soon becuase there is no money in generic drug studies from phamacueticals. There will be more small studies in the future but no real big studies. I have an ongoing small study but there is an inherent bias. Again, the hCG protocol is not for everybody and it is not a "Fat cure." But it is a way to lose weight for many who cannot lose weight. And it helps find underlying medical issues that would not otherwise be caught.Carefull evaluation and monitoring is key.
I will be starting my hCG diet within the week and I'm a little confused about the dosage.  I've read that some do the injections 3X per day, 30 minutes before meals and others, just one injection each morning.  Does it matter???
where is the best place to buy HCG- are drops better than injections?  
If you miss a shot - do you skip it or take it later in the day?
HCH is actually FDA approved for other things such as reproductive disorders, but it just so happens that taking a small amount of it and following Dr. Simeons protocol allows us to use it to treat obesity.  Most doctors will NOT advise you to use it because they are not educated in what it is and does. Go to yourfatlosscoach.com and find a coaching center in you area, we have helped so many people including myself, and stand by and believe in this protocol developed by Dr. Simeons. It not too good to be true.
You need to read Dr. Simeon's book, including the events and observations that led up to his protocol, to understand why it works without people being hungry, and why it removes fat from abnormal fat stores vs structural fat stores.  The Hcg allows the body access to all the calories that it needs.  Lack of success on the diet will be caused by different things....physical contact with oils (are these people washing greasy dishes from other family members, or being careless about their personal care products?)?  Are they part of the population that truly has trouble processing and metabolizing toxic material - if so, their body will try to cling to weight for self-preservation.  People in this category would probably benefit from Trudeau's detox protocol, but it doesn't seem to be necessary for everyone, as so many people are getting good results.  

The first oral versions of hcg have been reported to be ineffective.  New versions, done as homeopathic preparations, *are* getting good results, very comparable to the injections.  If someone is not getting good results on the homeopathic drops, then either something else is going wrong (some slip in the program or individual issues like poor toxin processing) OR it may be dose related (notice the people who report hunger pangs on 10 drops/dose vs no hunger pangs on 12-15 drops/dose) OR it might be that the product itself has degraded.  
When you buy a product online, you don't necessarily know how it was stored before you get it.  If using the drops, put them all in the refrigerator as soon as you receive them, to be on the safe side...and only order from companies that set a high standard for freshness of their hcg preparations.  

Hcg has a good track record, but because the FDA has a bad habit of terrorizing alternative practitioners, I think most docs doing Hcg protocol would rather stay out of the limelight.  I know one chiro whose practice was shut down over true, but "not approved by FDA" claims and products...complete with scary SWAT team.  He is well respected, and a very healthy example of what he preaches...now he minds his p's and q's before making claims, sells highly regarded products and teaches.  There is a reason why you don't hear a lot about the successes of Hcg.  

The diet and weight-loss surgery business is HUGE, and ready to oppose safe, inexpensive and EFFECTIVE solutions.  

People who do the various gastric surgeries feel less hungry because the size of their stomach pouch has been altered, and they will lose weight if they graze like they are supposed to.  BUT...however successful their weight loss, they are the ones who are often plagued with those hideous rolls that require plastic surgery later.  This is incredibly common when people lose a lot of weigh, whether they do it by surgery or dieting.  Most of us have seen people who lose weight but don't look so great, because they may be gaunt around the neck, but still own a muffin top.  And surgeries are not as safe as they should be.  One local female physician died from complications of that surgery while she was on vacation with her family.  Another local physician who had the surgery had life-disrupting complications as well, and as her surgery was permanent, I believe that chronic malnutrition was part of her problems, slow healing and her pain problems during pregnancy, and part of the children's subsequent problems.  And in the end, she still put weight back on again.  Some people stretch out their little pouch and put it ALL back on again.  If they don't learn to eat a diet of superfoods, their bodies will demand nutrition, which necessitates eating more than the pouch will hold...which means the pouch gets bigger and there is no longer an automatic satiety signal.  

On the Hcg protocol, the avoidance of key, healthy fats is self-limiting because you only stay at the very low calorie phase for a short period of time...and your fat needs are provided for during the loading phase and the long breaks between weight loss phases.  

The Hcg protocol is unique in that it reshapes the body through fat mobilization from one area to another, as well as by preferentially burning off unhealthy fat instead of structural fat.  Again, you have to read Dr. Simeon's book to see how he came to the conclusions he came to, and how he saw it play out in his patients.  Accusing KT or posters who claim that it "melts off fat" is silly, because the people who claim that are not making biochemical claims as much as describing the process as observers whose fat appears to have literally melted away.  Not everyone uses chem-speak, and it is silly to expect it.

I imagine the Hcg protocol could be enhanced further by focusing on foods appropriate to one's blood type, and by engaging in exercises designed to flush the lymphatic system gently - like walking on uneven ground, Life Lift, T-Tapp (but not done too intensely), and gentle bouncing on a rebounder (unless you are prone to pelvic organ prolapse/stress incontinence, in which case do not let your feet leave the mat as you bounce, and only use a bungee-type rebounder to minimize jarring, if you choose to try rebounding at all).  Those exercises also have the effect of balancing blood sugar, "taking out the trash," improving bone density, improving circulation and, best of all, by toning every cell in every part of your body.  Life-lifters, T-Tappers and rebound enthusiasts find that their skin tightens up as they lose weight. It is one of the most frequent positive reports.  Many who do these exercises also practice "dry skin brushing" which is a gentle, brushing of the skin with a loofah or natural bristle brush, which exfoliates and helps the lymphatic system get moving.  Not to be confused with harsh, tissue-damaging deep massage!  It is a healthy habit to cultivate for a lifetime.   I like Life Lift and T-Tapp because they are healthy workouts that require NO equipment.  Sure, you need a book or video to learn how to do it, but in my opinion, that is what the public library is there for, especially if you are trying to stay on a sensible budget.  If one library doesn't have it, another one in their group probably does.  And if none of the local ones carry it, you can do an Inter-library loan request.  And Rebounding is just fun! (But it is an area in which you get what you pay for, when it comes to safety and enjoyment and noise level and portability options....do your research before buying).  If you want your local library to carry a book or video, request it.  And ask all your similarly inclined friends and family to request it, too!  It may soon appear at your local library.  
My Dr told me that Kevin T is not a dr and should not be giving advice on medical weight loss and that actually the research that has been done shows that the 500 calorie diet is no different than a liquid diet such as optifast. He states that most of these patients placed on 500 calorie diet end up losing muscle mass than fat as this research was done in the 50's without the technology of today, such as the capability of being able to measure body fat and muscle which makes a big difference. Dr. Caldron actually is a well known doctor in Los Angeles and graduate from UCLA. He actually is very complete including from examination as he checks you out complete prior to starting you on any diet, such comphrensive lab work that includes hormones, thyroid including reverse T3, cortisol, DHEA, Igf1, sex binding hormones, and all vitamin levels and cardiac risk profile. He did an Ekg and measurement of my thyroid, he even did a food allergy test and amino acids and vitamin profile that my insurance covered. It was great and I was placed on 1000 calorie diet, that i ate 3 egg whites, with green veggies, snack 1 green apple or 8 raw almonds, for lunch 3-4 oz of lean protien and 1 cup of vegetables, for another snack I did 1 cup of berries for dinner I did the same for lunch and the days I worked out I ate two to three hard boil eggs without the yolk and greens. I lost 40 pounds in two months and I have seen several other lose with similar diets. So all that nonsense of starving yourself is crazy just have to find a physician that knows his stuff, I actually found him on this site and researched him with other local physicians and searched american society of bariatric physicians
I think the Dr. wouldn't handle your HCG because malpractice insurance doesn't normally cross state lines.  That's just a legal issue, he would have no protection in the event it wasn't used properly, and should anything happen.
I am glad that this diet is working for you. Could you give me some suggestions for how to go about finding a reputable weight loss M.D? I have managed care and they are really no help, but they will pay for someone out of network. Thanks.
I have proof.  I went to a diagnostics lab prior to going on HCG and had lipid tests done.  It was kind of a sorry sight for a 33 year old woman.

After 40 days on the diet (I'll admit I had missteps with cheating on average every four days), I went back to the lab - I had an extra 5% muscle percentage (that blew my mind, because I was certain I was atrophying muscle) and I also had reduced my fat % by 8% total body weight.  I had not lifted weights or exercised - the diet appealed to my lazy side.

The diet was hard, no jokes there.  HCG works, but because everyone has different bodies and lifestyles it may not work exactly as effectively for each person.  For example, men tend to lose faster than women.  Unfairly so.

I studied the diet for a while and thought it was a hoax until my (highly educated) boss lost a lot of weight and held it for a year.  I even visited my endocrinologist (for unrelated matters) and she told me HCG diet helped her shed 80lbs from her underactive thyroid.  She was not selling any product or trying to convince me of anything.  If anything, that woman's recommendations have literally changed my life and outlook.

You can knock HCG and that's fine.  Remember thin can and is relative, if not everybody knows about the powerful effects of HCG, then there can only be those of us who appear to champion our circumstances despite never having been able to before.  So, you choose your outlook - is it willpower or HCG protocol that helps us lose weight and keep it off?

I'll be the judge of my own body!  HCG freaken works and I was very difficult to convince, because I thought it was witchery and hype.  Its not.
when I am loading do I take the hcg on these days also