Dr. Simeons vs. Kevin Trudeau
I've read Dr. Simeons manuscript on the hcg diet info website and I'm curious what the general consensus is on the two protocols between Kevin Trudeau and Dr. Simeons.  Which protocol are you following and how do you compare the two?   Is one considered safer than the other?   Is one considered more effective?

Also, I see a lot of posts from people bashing Trudeau- but very few talking against Simeons.  From what I understand, Trudeau just took Dr. Simeons hcg weight loss protocol and added information from other dr's as far as cleansing, etc.  Is the anti-hcg perspective only aimed at Trudeau's person and not at the diet itself?  
off DR simmons..unless he sold HCG..well he dont..so he got paid to say to cleanse..buy this..buy that..........hes a low life
no Kevin took it..and turned it into you must buy all this stuff he tells you to buy..because he got paid to say that..hes a con man...how would you make any $$
so after that gibberish.
good questions.
i have read different sites and many people's comments. it does seem that all the people who are anti-hcg are so because they hate, no, detest Trudeau. they are usually not very overweight, either, if at all. they first tell you that you have gone under some spell of this guy and then they state, (just like its a fact that they already know and are positive that they right about), and say that you have not done ANY research, and then they call you an idiot. then they proceed to tell you how they know to lose weight. if they have even heard of Simeon's, they always just dismiss him, and go back to talking about Trudeau.
The difference between the two? it's just that the food supply was so different back in Simeon's day and obesity was rare. the stuff that Trudeau adds is, as he says, all optional, but helpful. the pure Simeon's diet can be done by itself, and will get the same results that he got with almost 100% of his patients. i've been pro-organic, all-natural for years now. i'm just doing Simeon's diet just as he said.
good post...and no BS..no bitching...im being honest.......show me 1 study /proof from a real medical jounral ,or doctor ,THAT IS NOT SELLING IT that it works..hate me thats fine..but do you not read my posts ? I posted facts.about the true side affects...the fact HCG  is no more then 220 ammino acids (protein) and protein does do anything to fat cells.......Ive posted from the countrys top steroid,hormone seller..he said it was junk....AND HE SELLS IT !! ...I posted where a study proved weight loss with out the drug is the same...I proved they coined the phrase " LOSE FAT FROM 'STUBBORN' / ABNORMAL AREAS..!!!!!!!!" THIS IS A MADE UP SALES PITCH STATEMENT..AND CAN NOT BE DONE..not with out liposuction and or steroids..this is a fact 100% iron clad......I asked 2 baby doctors..and they laughed at it..I posted what HCG is...and does in a pregant women...and it in no way says anything about magicaly feeding the baby...(i can repost this) so instead of ignoreing everything  I post..and disagreeing..only to disagree........go back and read some of my posts...now lets be an adult..and I look forward to your reply....
your posts are from those who hate hcg for some reason or another. yes, the ama and fda haven't approved of this. yes, most doctors poo poo at it. all of this we already know. facts and truth can get lost in all of this. what we are very positive about is our own experiences. we know that after all of the stuff that we have done through the years has only in the long run, made us bigger. i am not attempting to convince you personally. i am trying to counter you so that desperate people, who just may find an answer in this way, and its not for everyone, that those people will not be totally discouraged and miss their chance. FACT: this diet does work. people are the proof.
you say you posted from someone who sells it, but didn't identify him. we have identified our sources. maybe your seller sells to athletes? Yes, abnormal fat can be lost. this is a whole new paradigm. you've only studied ways to discredit this diet. 'magically feeding the baby'? please!!! i don't disagree only to disagree. that is what you do. go back yourself. lets be an adult? YES, finally!!! it has finally been a pleasure talking to you.
ok last  ? jsut what is 'ABNORMAL FAT' please tell me...........

and yes the claim is your body release ,from fat cells to feed 'your baby' and takeing HCG tricks the body into doing this.. but they leave out ,this is some what done though the fetus..but if your not pregnant..then no fetus...ok this will be the last time I try this..then we shall let it go :)
read what HCG is and doe..and show me where this leads to fat loss..

"""hCG interacts with the LHCG receptor and promotes the maintenance of the corpus luteum during the beginning of pregnancy causing it to secrete the hormone progesterone. Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly negative charge hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance. For example, hCG-treated endometrial cells induce an increase in T cell apoptosis (dissolution of T-cells). These results suggest that hCG may be a link in the development of peritrophoblastic immune tolerance and may facilitate the trophoblast invasion which is known to expedite fetal development in the endometrium.[1] It has also been suggested that hCG levels are linked to the severity of morning sickness in pregnant women.[2]

Because of its similarity to LH, hCG can also be used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes. As the most abundant biological source is women who are presently pregnant, some organizations collect urine from gravidae to extract hCG for use in fertility treatment""""".
           Seems.,.HCG does alot..I see nothing about feeding..or emptying fat cells...

----------AND  also HCG is hundreds of ammino acids...(proteins) again..protein is good yes..but does not 'trick' your body into release fat stores...
I look forward to your reply....
wow....I go away fro a few weeks and come back to the same arguement over and over and over and over...lol

Life is toooo short. There will always be people who agree and people who disagree. Thats the beauty of free will.

But even in free will, there comes a time to LIVE AND LET LIVE....seriously....

Some ppl really believe in hcg and all it does...and some dont. Trying to convince each other of your own point of view is pointless.  I am not saying either is wrong or right...but its obvious you are at an impass...so why not just let it be?
i state facts..no more...no less..

( 3 months later still no PROOF) CASE CLOSED
I have read Kevvie's book(s) and I find that the hcG thing - injections - are also to be followed with  a Diet, darn!  A diet that seems as if there isn't enough cookies. No chips and dips. No ice cream. Could the diet-lower calorie intake- help in assisting the body to burn more fat? If you eat less, will more fat be used? I wonder what would happen if I ran away from the syringe, would this type of activity  assist in weight loss as well?  (for sitting here hour after hour ain't doin nuttin for my ***)

Limit calorie intake...increase activity. No cookies.  Forget it. Give me the shots--I'll take my chances on re-ovulation or "manning" myself.  But what really gets me is: no goodies.
Medical Journals?  Doctors?  They're shills for the Big Pharma -- I wouldn't be so foolish as to place blind trust in medical journals on the take, nor their seal-trained doctors....

There's a book out called:  The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us and What to Do About It (written by a former 20 year staff member at the New Englan Journal of Medicine).  Very eye opening -- and not too favorable toward MEDICAL JOURNALS.

The Big Fix: How the Pharmaceutical Industry Rips Off American Consumers (Publicaffairs Reports)

Selling Sickness: How the World's Biggest Pharmaceutical Companies Are Turning Us All into Patients

All 3 books cited above are available at Amazon.  I wouldn't put blind faith in medical journals, nor their Big Pharma sponsored studies -- all to increase sharehold value higher and higher.

Anecdotal evidence, such as that cited here, has more of a ring of truth.  And I usually scroll past the angry ranters -- too emotionall unstable and interested in pushing their screaming agenda.  No thanks.

looks like others are commenting to you...hummmmmm
What are to dangers in taking HCG? Does anyone know?
Im no fool......this world runs on $$$ yes..and I do not trust everyone either..I said medical journals..not RX companys...medical jr are not baught..and can not be baught...
Interesting. Some of you with the name calling really need to back off. You have good things to say but you sound like my ex-wife...good person with some good things to say...all hidden behind emotional ranting.

It is simple: Not enough studies to be deifinitive. There are quite a few anectotal successes with hCG and there are failures. As there are with so many other things. I suppose it would be nice if we did a good study on this and publish it it would help. Anyone with research background want to join me?
"Dr's" opinions and "studies" are often biased based upon what they were taught, and believe (much like opinions or studies from various liberal or conservative lawmakers or thi-tanks).

Folks, the diet regiment alone prescribed here will definitely make you lose weight.  No if's-ands-or buts.  Any one who can stick on this diet will lose weight - with or with out the HCG.  100%.  If the HCG helps release stored fat, FANTASTIC.  If it helps you feel better when you are dieting - FANTASTIC.  If it really helps you maitain weight loss and change your body make-up - FANTASTIC.
If all's it does is help you stay with the diet because you "think" good things are happening, that's okay too.  After everything I've read, I don't see any negatives.

* To "FactReporter":  Pre-Atkins Revolution (let's say 2002) 99.999999 of all doctors and "studies" were anti Atkins.  Anyone though that has tried it, and honestly stuck to it, has lost weight.  Lots of weight.  I have lived a quasi Atkins diet now for the last 5 years and have been up and down depending on how serious I live the diet.  Whenever I am serious about it, I lose weight.  I don't care what any "Dr" or "study" says, the freakin diet works.

I'm goin' on this and will keep you posted. -Sam
UMM.........as I always said....atkins is a scam and a joke.......this is checkible..in a fedral court atkins admitted his diet was based on false trials..and findings.........the real trick was..he knew that 90%  of people,when tols to eat all the fat they want..and lower carbs..they end up eating fewer calories.....easy as calories in........vs out..end of story..as with  the HCG nonsense..lol 500 calorie of course you lose weight..

and atkins diet is  as dead as him and has been for a few yrs..no one does low/no carb anymore..its smart.controlled carb as they call it...his wife sold the company before he was even stiff in the ground ,because of all the law suits that might follow the federal court truth..his diet wa a con job..as is HCG end of story....so come
back and see me in say 4-6 months..and we see..dont worry..I wont say 'I TOLD YOU SO'

and there is no name calling..thats ONI flirting with me :)
Um, FACTReporter, its SIMEONS not Simmons.  Wouldn't want you to lose credibility in your future rants by misspelling essential names - otherwise you might look like an idiot.
Ok. It is interesting how the word "proof" is used by people to blow off the possibility of something that may work. I cannot teach everyone on this board how the work "proof" and "studies" are used and misused. However, I can say this. If you are waiting for "proof" that the hCG diet works then you need to stand in line at the FDA and watch yourself die and and of old age before you get that proof. You are right SAMMY, Drs and studies do have some inherent biased. But for you to say that and imply all Drs and studies bias is bad is not very fair. There has to be some basis for good protocol for weight loss or anything else out there.

Too many people focus on weight loss and not the inherent issue: Metabolism. Anyone can lose weight. You can pay any weight loss franchise and lose weight. Apply a basic weight loss protocol to the masses and you have yourself a money maker, a weight loss business. Then BOOM, there the weight comes back again, and sometimes more. Very few of these programs address metabolism specifically to the individual. Some pretend to get a few labs and "review" them then apply the general franchise protocol to the client anyway.

What I find interesting about the hCG protocol is that I think it does address and improve the metabolism. But that is my "biased" opinion based on what I have been taught and what I know about metabolism. Obviously, a 500 calorie a day diet will make someone lose weight. Big DUH there. But I think it may just improve metabolism as well. Many questions need to be answered. What is the physiology of the metabolism change? How PERMANENT is the  metabolism change and the weight loss. What do you do AFTER you lose the weight? If you have had poor habits before the diet and revert back then what is the use? How do you maintain the weight loss? Will a basic improved change in eating habits ( no sodas, eat a high protein breakfast, eat mostly organic, etc) keep the weight off after the hCG diet?

I am about to start 3 people on the hCG diet. Simple case studies. Should be interesting. I am getting them to start a diary. We will see.

I may be biased, but I am a physician and I am interested in the most objective evidence that this will work. Or that it won't. I know if my patients stick with the diet they will lose weight. What I don;t know is if they can actually stick with it and what will happen after the diet is "done."  By the way, hCG in the dose given is plenty safe. Death is associated with gastric bypass and no one is banning that anytime soon.
I have just started on Hcg I have lost 5 pounds in one day alone.I am disabled and have been for 20 yrs.I am 53 YO....My first visit to my new dr was yesterday...Today I had the energy to clean out my refrigarator cabinet ,grocery shopping and putting them away and took out trash,I hadnt felt like this in years..It  actually scared me ...I actually felt like doing something besides sitting on my A**.at the pc. Then me and my daughter went out to eat and went to 2 stores before returing home.I am a diabectic ,have high blood pressure gerd,depession anxiety etc all due to being overweght.i am  134 pounds overweight. BMI 48....This is my only chance to lose weight .i cannot have the gastric bypass because of 5 health problems i have.. .they say death rate is high with 5 complications.I will take my risk with HCG >I am a believer in HCG so far its working for me...Of course I am on there diet for 7 days and go off of it for 2 and eat what I want and start over again,...I went to an Alernative Medicine facilty. the shots are only 38.00 1 time a week.Small price to pay to lose weight...
Atkins is not a scam and a joke.  Independant studies have been done now that to verify that the plan does work,  He slipped and fell and died through complications.  The wife you speak of was a second wife who fought with his children regarding the business, and the money in general.  She remarried very shortly after and the whole thing looks like a money/power grab.  It's actually sad because many of the good products have slowed.  It is very very hard to stay on a diet with no pasta for a guy like me.  Any diet is tough, but his "lifestyle: does work for me, and for most.
You are wrong about the calorie intake being low on his plan.  Let me correct myself.  On "his" plan, (let's say the initial 14 days) the calorie intake is lower, much, much lower then people who stay on tend to be at let's say 3 to 6 months later.   Quick summary, Atkins works fantastic, but slowly (or maybe not so slowly) folks eat way too much because they feel they can, and then it's impossible to lose weight, or even maintain weight, with that many calories going in.  Dr. Gonzo don't take offense to my statement about "Dr's bias".  Everyone has a natural bias based upon what they were brought up believing and or where taught in school.  All bias can be overcome.  My statement above was based upon watching so many stories about Atkins where Dr.'s dismissed him out of hand just by the mere idea of the whole thing.  I know this isn't an Atkins chat room, so please forgive me here.  I have just ordered the HCG and am looking forward to getting moving on  it.  The diet looks to be very Atkins esque, and my goal is to lose the weight I want, and then maintain a lower calorie Atkins lifestyle.  If I can have some pasta on Sunday, then great!  *I'm a tenor.  My daughter got married this month (July 7) and I sang the Ave Maria for her.  http://www.youtube.com/jonvitale13  
I come in about a minute into this clip.  Anyways, I share this here, 'cause let's just all say a little prayer, and work hard, and get where we want to be, and enjoy life!  - ciao