Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Dr.Simeons Hcg Diet Group

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Viewing 801-1000 comments:
Ok- here's all the info new people are asking for in one spot. this site has a lot of free stuff and some useful stuff that cost money. I didn't buy the "ultimate hcg dieter's cookbook, because I really don't have a lot of money to spend, nor did I buy my supplies there, although I would recommend it for making things easier. You can read Simeon's protocol, get mixing instructions, get a companion guide etc at www.hcgsupplies.com. I also have a page of calorie counts and basic food for the day 7 day eating plan.  I plan on following The original protocol if I can to the letter. You are supposed to stop injections during your period. Most people stop for the 3 heaviest days. I will hopefully start my Injections by Saturday (my hcg has finally cleared US customs!!! yippee. I wasn't planning on stopping during my cycle-but as luck would have it my drugs should get here on the last day of my period-so fate decided for me :) . I spent half a day yesterday with my food scale measuring out and freezing strawberries, chicken and shrimp, so I'm ready to get started.
My only fear is that I really see this as my last hope-what if I'm the only one who can't do it.
oh yeah, and I'm going to do IM injections- your muscles are more metabolically active then using sub Q. It's really not a big step- If you can do sub Q it's just a tiny bit deeper for IM.
Too bad we are all so far apart. I'm pretty good at injections- I could have had given you all the shots, lol

Oh yeah, Kelly if your cycle come towards the end of phase two- you are supossed to stop the injections and do at least 3 after your done with your cycle, followed by three days of VLCD-then onto phase 3
Yes, that is my understanding.  Your period is an interruption and extends the time you are on the vlcd.  You continue after it's over until you've done the number of shots you have planned to do - according to Simeons paper that's a minimum of 23 infections.  Men are just lucky they don't have this interruption.
Hi every1.  Just received my suplies from HCGsupplies.  Got dizzy just looking at them!  But I can do this if I lose weight.
Kcowgirl:  Don't be afraid!  You can do this.  I haven't read anywhere that it didn't work for someone.  You'll be fine.Did you get your hcg yet?  Where did you order it from?  I ordered from drugdelivery.com.  Haven't heard where it's at yet.  When you did your food measuring and bagging, how did you measure the strawberries?  I mean how many grams can we have?
Hi:
Mommy - Hubby & I are on 8th day of VLCD and I have lost 10.5 lbs., he has lost 13 lbs.  He didn't lose anything with this mornings weighin which is sure to bum him out (he leaves before I get up so didn't get to talk to him).  I think it is because his veggies last night at supper was a tad too much.  He has always been a big eater so hard to change his brain to say "less is better" to eat.
Your chicken soup sounds interesting.  I copied it - will try it.

Kiowa - Glad to hear someone else is doing IM injections.  Wish you could have been here to help us get started with our shots too.  Yikes - first shot was scary.  The inserting is no problem - it's just to make sure we don't hit a nerve or vein. Keep us posted on your progress. (Mommy is doing IM too).  I had a hysterectomy a few years ago so do not have to skip shots during that time but I am skipping one day anyway to stave off immunity so only having 6 shots a week.  
I am confused a bit.. I too will be doing my last injection #23 on the day I get my period.  So then I have to continue the VLCD for another 2 days of no injections.  I will still be on my period but then I should be able to move to phase 3 right?  

Update on weight loss
after 7 days of VLCD I have lost 10 pounds BUT I gained 5 pounds on my load days so I realy only lost 5 pounds after 9 injections and 7 VLCD.  

I am happy but wish I never gained so much on the gorging days! I have another 10 pounds to go I am hoping to get there before I get my period in another 13 days but I highly doubt it!  I lost the 5 pounds I gained in the 2 gorging days after 2 days of VLCD and have consistently been losing a pound each day since.. but everyone says that the weight loss slows down, so I am expecting this to happen any time... unless of course the fact that I started a new batch of hcg today makes a difference... we will just have to wait and see!
hcgrecipes.com or hcgrecipes.net either way will get you there.  Good luck.
It sound like you're doing great!!  There is some conflicting info on whether to do vlcd for two or three days after last shot.  Simeons says very clearly if you are doing 23 injections  you do 26 days of vlcd.  I did 3 full days of vlcd after my last shot.  I started my period on the day of my last shot, did 3 extra days of vlcd and moved right into phase 3.  I gained 3 pounds in the beginning of phase three trying to eat normally and avoiding sugar and starch of any kind.  For me it might have been better to increase calories very gradually in phase 3, maybe add 500 per day for first two or three days.

There is also a lot of conflicting info on the potency of hCG.  All the medical material I found agreed that potency is questionable after one week.  Every single study I saw used fresh hCG every week - one study mixed daily.  I think this very important.  If I ever did this again I would make sure to mix at least weekly.  Where did you get your hCG from?  Did they send you stuff you could mix weekly??
I got my hCG prescribed by a naturopath who works with a traditional doctor and he is the one that actualy writes the prescriptions.  The prescription allowed for 2 refills so that I could get a new batch to mix every week. So I just went to the pharmacy and picked it up.   I live in Canada.  Not sure where you are from.  How long have you been in phase 3 now?  Did you do the no food and meat at  day after gaining 3 pounds?  Have you been able to lose it or at least remain with the 3 pound weight gain or have you gained more?  I want to know what to expect.  I am very nervous about gaining it back after working so hard to lose it!  Thanks a lot!
I live in Los Angeles.  I did do a couple of steak days, that only took off one pound.  I was able to lose another pound the following week.  I start my first day of phase 4 tomorrow.  I really think that the body needs a gradual transition after phase 2 to begin with (at least mine did) .  Then the metabolism seems to stabilize.  By the third week of phase 3 I was able to eat about 1800 calories per day with moderate exercise and maintain my weight.  I'm ending phase 3 at the same weight I was on the day of my last injection.  I think you will do very well, especially because you are getting fresh hCG every week.  Just be cautious when you start phase 3.  Go slow.  It was very discouraging to gain after all that hard work!
Thanks for sharing... I am very glad to hear that you were able to go back to the weight you ended with in Phase 2.  Did you cheat at all by having any form of sugar?  That is my weakness... I dont care about pasta, rice, potatoes... all I want is my chocholate cake!  By the way how much did you lose in Phase 2?  What was your starting weight how did you inject?  Good luck in phase 4.. let us know what happens when you give yourself a little freedom.  I am very curious to see if a bit of cake will make us jump on the scale at that point.. I hope not!

Thanks again!
Thanks for sharing... I am very glad to hear that you were able to go back to the weight you ended with in Phase 2.  Very inspiring!  Did you cheat at all by having any form of sugar?  That is my weakness... I dont care about pasta, rice, potatoes... all I want is my chocholate cake!  By the way how much did you lose in Phase 2?  What was your starting weight how did you inject?  Good luck in phase 4.. let us know what happens when you give yourself a little freedom.  I am very curious to see if a bit of cake will make us jump on the scale at that point.. I hope not!

Thanks again!
Can anyone help clarify the mixing and inj amounts for me?  I'm looking at the 43 day supply kit I got from hgcsupplies.  I want to do 125IU's.  (still waiting on my hcg delivery).  Is cc and ml the same thing?  The directions say the kit contains 30 cc bac water, but the actual bac container says 30 ml on it.  Also, when mixed and you draw the shot into the needle (1 cc) does that mean that you fill the needle up with solution?  It says the needle is 1 cc but the lines are marked 20-100ml.  The large syringe is marked in ML units, too.  So I'm really confused with the interchange of cc and ml.  Please help!  One more thing...the mix directions say to withdraw 11 cc of bac, but the glass vials are only marked 10cc, so how will it all fit in there?   AAARRGGGHHH! Please help asap as I'm making myself crazy.  Appreciate any enlightenment.  I'm afraid of injecting the wrong amount.
I have lost 31 lbs as of this morning.  I am now 187
I just wanted to chime in :)  I have been on phase 2 for three weeks and I have lost 22.2lbs.  I am very pleased with the loss, especially because I am a vegetarian.  I do allow myself to eat eggs, but I only have them about once a week.  I don't know if there are any other vegetarians out there who are thinking about trying this plan, but it does work!  I am averaging 1lb a day, and it has been easy.
This last Sunday I went to a birthday party at a non-organic restaurant and I had a piece of birthday cake.  The next morning I was half a pound down!  That was encouraging.  It was a small piece and it tasted very sweet to me after so many weeks of no sugar - also I didn't stuff myself.   I think the key was not cheating until close to the end when your metabolism is more stable and not stuffing yourself.

I lost 22 lbs with 23 injections and 26 vlcd's.  Starting weight was 155.  I injected IM in my thigh.  I think the IM is important.  Simeons is very specific about wanting an IM injection.
pat: i had the same questions about a week ago but i think i figured it out. cc=ml. I looked that up on a conversion website. I use 1cc (1ml) sub-q needles and you fill up the whole needle. It goes from 10-100 on the side but the end says 1ml. I don't know what the breakdown of that is....
The big mixing needles are more narrow than the glass jars you keep each mixture in. It looks like it won't fit, but it does (however I started at 150 but there was still room at the top) My glass jars don't say anything about measurements though.
The big mixing needles go up to 12 ml, so you do 1ml to dissolve the powder, dispense that mixture into the glass jar and then get however much water you need (11 you said) and add that amount to the glass jar and you have your stuff for the week. Just make sure to withdraw enough air from glass jar before you put any amounts in.
bless your heart for taking the time to explain this to me.  I feel so much better hearing that's how you do it.  I think I've got it now.  The little glass jars have no markings on them, but the order says what's included in the supply kit, and it states 10cc glass vials x6.  As long as I know how much to draw and it fits, I don't care what it says.  On the Bac water it says 30ml or 30cc (same thing, huh?)  So when I mix, I'll be drawing out 10 or 11 cc of bac to mix with the hcg to make up my shot solution for the week, you said.  What happens to the rest of the bac water that's left over?  Can I use it for the next week's dose or does it have to be discarded cause it's been opened?  The supply kit only sent 2 bac water bottles.  Thanks again for all your help.  I hate going on & on about this but I guess I'm a worry wart type.  How goes your weight loss?  
Wow we both started with around the same weight... I started at 150 wtih the gorging.  My naturopath actualy told me that since Dr.Simeons days, research has shown the subq is actualy just as effective if not more..for whatever reasons... I did not understand so I tuned out.  I am so happy to hear you actualy reached my goal weight having started at around the weight I started with.  Do you feel satisfied at that weight?  After having lost 10 pounds thus far... I am fearful I will not be happy at 130. So far I dont see major improvement in shape.. I am 5 foot 6.5.  Perhaps the next 10 will realy make a difference?  I hope I dont have to do another round.  Glad to hear you ate my favourite food and nothing "bad" happened!
No problem, I'm just starting out with all of this, so I've had a heck of a time trying to get all the info. Thats weird about the 10cc thing, because I've mixed for 150iu which is 10cc plus the powder and had plenty of room at the top. The bac water can be used for more than one batch. I haven't refrigerated the leftovers or anything. I think if you just use the alcohol wipe each time you take from the bac water it should be fine.
My weight loss is going great. I'm down 13.8 pounds in 12 days (10 days VLCD). The scale didn't move today but I've had days where I don't lose at all, and days that I lose 2 pounds, so I'm psyched! My hunger took a while to go away, but as of week 2 I feel much less hungry.
My skin on my face is sooooo soft-its weird. And my hands are so dry that they are scabbing in some spots on my knuckles. My lips feel pretty dry too.
Some days I feel soo soo happy and other days I feel like punching everyone in the face. It seems to be one or the other!
Hello all you wonderful people!  Wow, how overwhelming all of this is, emotionally, for me.  I just heard about this program for the first time ever about 10 days ago I have been searching the internet about it ever since.  I became so excited that today I borrowed the money I needed to get started because I simply didn't want to wait until payday!  I am SO fortunate to have a local clinic (Southern California) where I will get all my injections so I don't have to worry about ordering or mixing.  I had my blood drawn and my first injection today.  I have 115 pounds to lose and I am beside myself with how excited I am to see REAL people getting REAL results!  I've been obese for over 19 years, and so the small amount of time I'll need to spend restoring my body to its natural function seems like a snap of my fingers in comparison.  The other thing in my favour is (I almost hate to say) that I have no appetite whatsoever.  I'm not sure why, but in the last year it has completely disappeared.  It's amazing how accurate Dr. Simeon's protocol actually is; I find I don't eat for two or three days and then my body, depleted of normal reserves, is ravenous and I eat anything I can get my hands on for an entire day.  And the cycle repeats.  I am so excited that all I have to do is make sure I get enough protein and that I don't have to each much!  I know that sounds wierd, an obese person with no appetite... I have an overactive thyroid too.  Yep, I said Over-active.  And for once in my life I have medically documented evidence about the imbalance I've been complaining about for at least 10 years.  And now the cure presents itself!!!

Finally, I can't wait to be myself again.  I miss me.
Does anyone know of a doctor or clinic I can go to get the HCG Protocol administered? I live in Northern California and have been unsuccessful finding a doctor or a place.

Any help would be great!!
Is anyone drinking Eleotin?????? Is anyone rebounding??? Is anyone sleeping???
Strawberries weighing 160 grams =53 calories (weigh them after stems ans greens are removed)

Be sure and wipe off the top of the sterile water and your mixing vials before every needle you stick in them-this is important so you don't get an infection.

here's a sample diet with numbers:
Breakfast: 1 apple (55 calories) 1 melba toast (12 calories) Lunch: Veal 100 grams= 180 calories  Lettuce 247grams=33 calories.
Dinner: Chicken 100 grams=187 calories , Asparagus 198 grams = 33 calories for a grand total of 500 calories. Which veggie you choose is the only variable, so on more hungry days you can choose the larger serving of veggies.
I hope that helps someone.
I finally received my Hcg today. I mixed it and gave myself my first injection, I was shaking so bad I thought I couldn't do it...But heres my question. I went thru all that and injected into my thigh-but it seemed like a lot of the med seeped back out thru the injection site-Has that happened to anyone else?? I'm afraid all the med came back out...now I'm worried it won't work. It does sting a little..has anyone els encountered this..
HELP
I'm not sure yet if I'm satisfied with this weight.  I could probably be 6 or 7 lbs less with my frame.  I'm about 5'7", with a medium frame.  I weighed about 125/130 in college, I was very athletic and have been all my life.  The exercise doesn't keep the weight off like it did then : (

I don't notice major body reshaping, though I'm fitting into smaller clothes than I normally would at this weight.  I might consider another round after the holidays to test the reshaping further.  The second round would be easier I think because there would be much less weight to lose and I could increase the calorie intake for the duration of the shots.  Is that your understanding of how it works??  I wish there was a shorter program.  I wonder if anyone has ever done a shorter course - I know Simeons never did that.

I also read somewhere that the reshaping continues for several weeks after phase 3.  I wonder if that's true.  I guess I'll see.
I am thinking the same thing... to restart again after Chritstmas and once you get to where you want to be you are supposed to eat the exact same way but you double the portions.  This is supposed to make you stay at your goal weight until you finish your 23 injections. And then you continue on just like the first time into phase 3 and 4.

I am wondering if anyone has ever felt any form of weakness.  I have not felt this at all up until the last 2 days.  The only things that have changed is that I mixed a new batch of hcg.  I am wondering if I am excercising too hard.  Is there such a thing?  I work out about 5 times a day alternating between lifting weights some days and running up and down stairs on the others.  I found that I just could not do any of it these past 2 days.... very low energy.  Up until now I have had amazing energy!  Anyone else experience this?
k:thanks for the sample diet.  It's a big help!  I don't know about the seepage.  Haven't started inj yet, but I'm sure someone here knows about it.  This forum has a GREAT hcg family helping ea other.  Makes the whole thing a lot less scary.  It's a crying shame that we have to do it like this, and can't find Dr's to help us, at a reasonable cost. What a brainwashing is going on in this country!
akelly: KUDO's on your weight loss!  Don't you refrig the hcg after it's mixed?  
I ordered my hcg from drugdel on 11/2 and paid for the priority service.  Can anyone give me an idea when I might receive it, barring any unforseen circumstances at customs, etc.  
I had some very low energy days.  More toward the end as my weight was lower.  Some days I couldn't do any exercise at all.  Simeons says you're not supposed to feel that way.  Once or twice I tried Lindaloo's suggestion to eat an extra 100 grams of protein before bed when my weight slowed down to .5 lb per day and that helped, but didn't affect my energy.
How much water are ya'll drinking while taking the HCG injections?
Eating 100 grams of protein before bed helped increase your weight loss?  Back to about a pound?
I have consistently been losing about a pound until this morning I only lost .5 pound.  I will wait one more day and see if my loss goes back to about a pound if not I will try the protein at night.  Would you just have some chicken with salt and pepper to taste and literaly go straight to bed?  Sounds strange but kind of makes sence.  My body is used to having protein right after doing weights and now that it is not getting that, I think I am becoming somewhat weaker... dont know what to think but  I will try the protein trick if I dont lose another pound in the morning.
Yeah.  But only the morning after the extra protein.  But I would only try this toward the end.  I read someone's post here - can't remember who - that she tried it in the beginning and she put on weight.  I think once your abnormal fat stores are really diminished and you are close to your goal that is when to do it.
Yes, you are supposed to refrigerate after mixing. I keep mine between the raspberry jam and the pickles...(neither of which I'm eating of course)!

Down a total of 15.3 pounds as of this morning. Started taking L-Carnitine in the morning and at night. I don't know if it helps or not, but some people seem to think so, others don't. I just want every bit of help I can get!
Well I ordered 2 6 packs of the 1500's I am so excited it was weird I got emotional when I clicked the button to buy. I just hope that this works because I want to lose about 60 pounds. I was wondering do you see a difference if you do a cleanse??? Well hope to get to you all more...
anyone looking to get hcg i foumd a cooperation that prescribes it. it's alot less then anywhere else i've found they have quite a few places in florida texas and more. i like the fact that u r monitored by a physician being diabetic high blood pressure and more i felt more comfy they teach you how to inject yourself and u go in weekly if u want more info email me at nanbribran. aol.com
I haven't had any seepage that I have noticed, but the sting is definately normal.  Some girls doing sub-q say that don't feel anything, but I have had sting on my thigh IM injections everytime.  Its weird, but some days its worse then others, and I can't tell why.  It is so worth the momentary discomfort when you see the results!!!

all - After 26 days VLCD I have lost 34.2 pounds!!!  I am so excited!  I have put on clothes that I couldn't wear before, and it feels great!  I had planned to tell you all about the dif with my period, but that whole thing was weird for me.  I am on the pill, about a week and a half before my cycle I started spotting, which then turned into a very light flo (Sorry if too much info), but then when I was suppose to get it, it was over...I skipped one day of injections, and that ended up being the end.  I have always had a problem with regular cycles, thus the pill.  But that didn't seem to regulate this time.  But as far as weight loss, it never stopped!  I did feel a bit more tired a few days, but there were also other factors ( MY KIDS).

Sheri - I drink as close to a gallon of water as I can...missed it by a glass or two a few times.  I also add a least half a lemon to the water.  On top of that I drink a pitcher of tea (oolong, green, and yerba mate).  Good luck!
pat drug delivery took one month for me to get mine. I heard someone got theirs in two weeks.

I'm on my second day if injections and binge-but I lost apound this am (i didn't really binge that well yesterday, I was running alot of errands, but ate donuts and chocolate,along with meals) I was thrilled that I lost apound anyway. I still have seepage out the wound track- I think it's cause I'm not injecting deep enough. I hesitate before I inject. I'm sure it will get easier.  I think it's working rguardless cause it stings and my urine output increased incredibly. I drink 3 liters of water along with coffee and tea. Tomorrow will be the first day of vlcd.

Thanks everyone for your input and support.
Hi.

I'm so excited to find this site.  I have the book, read it through, but am scared to get started.  I also have NO idea where to get "the stuff".  Is anyone here from the Houston, Tx area?  I'd love to find a partner in this and find a doctor who supplies "the stuff".

Thanks for any information you can supply.

Hope to be joining you soon!
kiowa - I do the IM shots and I had seepage once.  I understand it was because I did not go deep enough.  How deep did you put the needle into your thigh?  You don't want to go in to the hilt of the needle in case the needle breaks off and you have to retrieve it tho.  Once I bled a couple of big drops when I pulled the needle out and scared the bejeebees out of me but I guess I must have passed through a vein.  I always aspirate the needle when injecting to make sure i'm not in a vein.

patmdon - I received my HCG in 18 days from drugdelivery.com.  My package came postmarked Great Britian as a "gift". Some people have written they had problems with customs but drugdelivery gaurantees that you get your HCG - even if they have to send it a second time.

last diet - if you check Dr. Simeons "Pounds & Inches" it talks about Muscular Fatigue which might explain your  fatigue problem.

mommyim - Sometimes my injection stings but read somewhere that if the alcohol has not dried the needle will take some of that alcohol into your injection spot with the needle and it will sting.

My hubby and I are on day 11 of VLCD and he has lost 14.5 lbs. and I have lost 12 lbs.  My daughter asked me today what we were going to do about Thanksgiving and I told her the same thing we have been doing.  I will probably cook everything for everyone else but we intend to continue with the protocol.  We have noticed that our clothing is getting loose.  Hubby has hitched up his belt to the last hole and they are still slipping down!  Yahoo!!!!!!!  This is so great!
Hi Guys!!
I'm fortunate to live by the US Mexico border and had no real problem finding the HCG in Mexicali. I am going down there tommorow to buy the bac water and syringes since I've been trying to buy insulin syringes here in the US and even though you don't need a prescription for them, I've been getting the run around. QUESTIONS??? I bought Choragon and the box comes with three ampoules the box is labeled as 5000 IU, does this mean all three combined or each ampule? Also, I want to try for the 125 iu regimen and I want to do the 43 days, how much  bac water do I need for a batch? What kind of syringes do you guys reccommend and which ones hurt less?Where do you inject with less pain?  has hcg truly worked for you all? I'm  putting so much hope in this.Hope someone can help me. Thank YOU!!
Hi All,

I am new to this site, had the book and didn't do anything with it but really interested in starting.  You all seem to know so much that I need your input.  I live in WA state - where do you get the HCG, how much is it, how do you find out abou the different brands, do you work with a doctor, etc., etc., etc.!  Sory -- so many questions to get started.  Any responses and assistance would be very appreciated.  I'm am 50 and weigh 190 and hate it and need to get rid of the lbs. and the cravings - especially at night!  ugh.

Help?!  trule
Hi iowabutterfly... I have a copy of the manuscript but I dont see anything about muscular fatigue.. I have often wondered if I am missing anything in this manuscript.  Can you guide me as to what it says about muscular fatigue because that is exactly what I am feeling!  I cant realy lift much lately.

Thanks!
Thanks for guiding me... I found it... Here is what it says:

Muscular Fatigue
Towards the end of a full course, when a good deal of fat has been rapidly lost, some patients complain that lifting a weight or climbing stairs requires a greater muscular effort than before. They feel neither breathlessness nor exhaustion but simply that their muscles have to work harder. This phenomenon, which disappears soon after the end of the treatment, is caused by the removal of abnormal fat deposited between, in, and around the muscles. The removal of this fat makes the muscles too long, and so in order to achieve a certain skeletal movement - say the bending of an arm - the muscles have to perform greater contraction than before. Within a short while the muscle adjusts itself perfectly to the new situation, but under HCG the loss of fat is so rapid that this adjustment cannot keep up with it. Patients often have to be reassured that this does not mean that they are “getting weak”. This phenomenon does not occur in patients who regularly take vigorous exercise and continue to do so during treatment.

What a releaf to read this... This made me feel a lot better, however, it also says above that this phenomenon does not occur in patients who regulartly take vigorous exercise and continue to do so during treatment... I thought I did do vigorous exercise... but maybe its not vigorous enough to keep me from having this symptoms!?

Either way thanks iowabutterfly... I was even thinking of quiting because I thought that I was either doing something wrong or... it was not working and my biggest fear was that I was burning muscle and not fat!

I'm in N.Cali too...if you find anyone could you let me know...I don't know where to even start.
Where did you get your hcg in Mexico?  I live on the border too, and looked in Progresso and no one had it.  I plan to do future rounds and it would be nice to be able to just go get it.  I really don't know about your ampules, if your spanish is good, maybe you could ask where you got it.  I ordered mine from Drug del,  ordered the 1500 amp.  It says 3 amps on the front of box, but it also says 1500 iu.   So, there is 1500 per amp and I have 3 per box.  Does that make sense?  Don't know if that helps.  I have been using IM shots using 1.25" needles, 27 guage. My syringes are 3cc(or 3ml)  I inject in the thigh, have had 3 inthe buttocks, no real difference.  I would rec getting some larger syringes for the mixing.  About the bac water, I do not use the 5000 iu for mixing, look at hcg suppies dot com.  They have instructions there.  Good Luck.  Oh, and YES this really works!!
Welcome!  First thing read the book, and the manuscript (Pounds and Inches).  Many on this site have ordered from drugdel dot com.  They seem to be cheapest.  And it is real, cause it is working. If you do decide to order from them, S&H is $30 regardless of amount purchased...so if need to do more than one round consider purchasing one time only to save $$.  When I decided to do this, I wasn't sure how to get it.  Then I found it on the net, but didn't know who to trust.  That is when I found this site -- Thank God!  It does take about a month for most of us to get it (some have recieved quicker).  Natural healing ways is also a popular provider.  I believe they are more expensive, but also very fast.  They also give pre mixed syringes -- and they have been working for lots of folks.  Most of us can't get our doctors to support us, so we have been trying to help each other out here.  Believe me this program really works!  You're not hungry, and the weight comes off so well that the small temptations are not difficult to overlook.  I have never not cheated on a diet for this long (today is day 29 of VLCD).  Good Luck and I hope this helps!
Well folks, I have for the first time had to 0 loss days in a row.  I know it will correct itself, if not there is always the apple day!  So, I stand at 34.2 lbs in 28 days of VLCD.  But on the brighter side, I took measurements for the first time since starting...WOW!  I knew I was getting smaller, clothes big and all, but the results amazed me.  I have lost 24.25" -- that's 2 feet!  It is from all over.  My thighs, most noticable, but have lost from everywhere.  I couldn't be more impressed with this program.  Hope everyone has a great LOSER day!

Just checking in. I'm down 16.9 pounds in 16 days (14 days VLCD). Yaaaay! I'm thrilled. I'm scared every time I get on the scale though. Some days nothing, others over a pound (like today). I started at 150iu the first week, upped to 166 the next week and 176 this week.
Last night I had some chicken right before bed, and I really feel like whenever I do that, I lose the next day.
For those of you who have had protein before bed, are you saving calories for it, or are you adding them onto the 500?
Thanks!
Thank you for all your input - I obviously have so much to learn - like, what is the manuscript (Pounds and Inches)?  What does VLCD stand for? (...........diet, I suspect).  I know, dumb questions but trying to learn.  Can't find my book so might have to get another.  

I'll look up the sites you mentioned and again, thank you.  I need assistance (help!). -)  I have about 50 lbs to lose - how much would I need to start with and how much (on average) does it cost?  If you have anymore info., I would love to hear from you or anyone.  Please email me at ***@**** with any info.

trule

Do you have a scale that weighs you to the decimal?  I have two scales... one that weighs me to the decimal and one that does not... So on  the one I remained at 138 for 2 days but on the other I could clearly see that I went from 138.7- 138.4  So in reality there was still a loss just not big enough that day for whatever reasons for my other scale to show it.  
About the protein before bed... I read that you should do this in phase 1 of KT's book.  How did you decide to do this during phase 2?  I am tempted to do this too but scared.  Do you add it on top of your 500calories?  Also can you please tell me your theory behind upping your dose of hCG every week?  I have been using 125 and also wondering if I should up it. I am on day 14 of VLCD.

Hey everybody,

It's been a few days since I posted, been up and down.  I had a 3 lb gain over the week-end was really bummed out about it especially since I went a b-day party Saturday night and stayed on program.   I noticed yesterday my left ankle was swelled a little.....I have always had a problem with fluid retention and it seems that may be what is going on.  On the week-ends I am having a problem drinking my water (getting out of my week-day routine and all). Did an apple day yesterday and was down 2lbs this morning, but I am still up 1.2 from my low weight last Saturday morning.  I was talking to my friend and she said that water is what flushes the fluid from our body so today on comes the water and I am believing tomorrow will bring a good weight loss.

Down but not out by any means.  Praise God I have come this far in such a short time.
I wish it were that easy, my scale (I bought just for this diet) is acurate to 0.2#.  This morning also a zero loss; however, about 30 min later I did try again and it showed a loss of 0.2#, which I hope means I will have a loss tomarrow, or it is apple day for me.  My average is still good, but I really liked seeing those numbers going down!

Let's see...VLCD = very low calorie diet.  Pounds and Inches is the original program, by Dr Simeons.  It is basically the same with a few minor changes then KT's Weight Loss Cure.  When I ordered my HCG in September, the cost was $56.99 for 6 ampules of 1500 HCG.  Using the 1500  iu ampules allows you to mix it weekly (which I believe is best for potency).  My sister is a nurse, and was able to send me the other supplies -- needles, syringes, bac water, sterile wipes.  I ordereed the sterile vials (ordered a bulk pkg)  online for $30 (+ S&H).  I think many get all these things from hcg suppy dot com.  The average wt loss is suppose to be a pound a day, usually more in the begining and then leveling out towards the end.  You need to do the injections for a min of 23 days and a max of 40 injections (if doing the longer course it is rec to skip a day so you do not build up immunity, plus you skip injections during periods).  So to lose 50#, I would think you would have to do at least two rounds.  After the first, you probably will only need a second short course.  Obviously, I am only trying to give you the overall idea.  Once you read the info, you can see, and make your own choices.  By then, I should at least be down with my first round, and maybe have some more insight for you.  Best of luck!
I have been thinking about you.  Sorry to hear you have had some difficulty.  Have you been keeping your salt intake about the same?  That can make a dif in how much water we retain.  Also, add some lemon to your water today, it helps flush the system (I use half a lemon /gallon water everyday).  I have had zero loss now for 3 days, how was the apple day?  I may need that next.  You didn't say what your overall loss has been, but I am sure it is still much better than where you would be on any other program, right?  I think we are at a stage where our bodies are trying to catch up with everything we have been doing.  Stay strong and stick to it!!  Good luck ya BIG LOSER!!
mommy, thanks for the encouragement.  My average is still a lb a day, so that is good.  Seems I am going to have to work the kinks out of the rest of the program.  Because I have so much to loose my body is reacting differently than some of the others on this forum. The lemon is a good idea, but I will have to do it tomorrow because I am already at work.   I lost 2lbs with the apple day.  I was kind of scared to do it, but it turned out OK.  Went to bed last night hungry because I didn't eat my last apple but woke up fresh with no hunger.  Try it I know it will work for you too.

trule - There is no need for you to buy Kevins book again.  Try this web-site there is a lot of info   hcgdietinfo.com or just search HCG on the web, If you don't find answers to your questions there this forum will help you.  Go to drugdelivery.com for your HCG.  Give this a try before investing in another book.
Morning everyone.  I've been reading the post but not writing because I just started and was feeling unsure itwas going to work for me. I would have been really upset if all of you were doing so well and I wasn't. I started vlcd on Sunday. Monday I only lost a pound and was worried, because everyone looses big at the begining then slows down. Today I lost 2.5 pounds and feel much better. So they say your supposed to count from after your gorge. So I'm happy I've lost 3.5 pounds so far in 2 days (sounds like it is working form me after all :)  ).  I have been a little moody too.  I obviously have issues around food and get cranky that I can't have so many things and other people are constantly eating around me and snacking. I'm not sure how to turn down dinner invitations without giving too much information. I don't want to hear the negative stuff so many people say about any of the diets I've done-so I've only told 4 people about this.  I  feel hungry a few times a day-but eating what we are allowed on vlcd takes care of that. my only problem is wanting to eat things like pumpkin pie.  From what I gather on the other phases, to maintain the loss you really do have to change your eating. I didn't read any of Simeons protocol follow up, but it seems from the post here that KT has several more phases that gradually add food into the diet in small amounts. That's hardly "the cure" he leads you to believe in his informercial. Maybe I need to read his book also- I was just following Dr. Simeon's and after 3 weeks, thought I could eat what I wanted. I do believe this is "worth it" so to speak and feel better that I'm not the only one who can't do it. I'm sticking faithfully to Simeons version. Thanks for all your posts. esp. those on the other phases (that I didn't know existed) You guys have taken me through the whole process. Thanks for being pioneers for the rest of us. Wish me luck on Thanksgiving, my stupid husband spilled the beans that I wasn't working that dya so now I have to go to the big meal thing with his relatives. ( I was going to tell everyone I was working and just stay home alone). Again- I don't want to have to defend myself against their opinions. Or have to explain myself.
I live in california, so I go to Baja for the medication it's available in a couple of the pharmacies down there. Thank you for you answers. I have mostly all my supplies but i can't seem to find a vial to store it in so I have not mixed anything. Any ideas? I don't want to order online since it will take forever. I'm so anxious to start. How are you guys going to handle Thanksgiving. I know, alot of willpower right? Good Luck to all ! Have a blessed day!!!
I ordered my 10 ml sterile vials online from gpzservices dot easystorecreator dot com.  I got from the bulk section 25 vials for $30 (+$7 S&H).  It got here fast!  Can't remember exactly, but surely less then a week.  I had looked everywhere I could think of first, too.  But the internet svaed the day again.  I ordered bulk because I will be doing multiple rounds, and it was cheaper.  If you only want 6 vials (one 40 injection series) hcgsupplies had them for $17.95, and from what I hear they have quick shipping also.  Thanksgiving is tough!!  I have to cook the entire meal for my family.  But I guess I am lucky that I don't have any other family close, so no "obligations".  I will be at the very end, 5th week of this, and I don't want to screw it up!  Guess we should be thankful for finding this diet, and that it is working!  Best of luck!
I am sticking strictly with Dr S also.  I do believe most of what KT says, and I will try to add as much organic food as possible.  But, like he says this is the real world, and we can't be perfect forever.  I am sure I will eat some "poison" like french fries or something.  But I think the general rule is to be watchful, and don't screw up our hypothalamus (sorry bad speller) again.  KT really encourages cleanses, I plan to try them too.  If you haven't read his book, I would rec it, it has some interesting info about the foods most of us usually eat.  Oh well good luck, we'll all see.  Maybe UB or Lindaloo can give more insight about what comes next.
I just started the vlcd on Saturday.  I was hungry most of the day but nothing I couldn't handle.  I gained 1.6 lbs during the gorge and lost 1.8 the first day of the vlcd.  The next two days were followed by 1.4 lbs down each day and as the days go on, my hunger is gone.  I actually had to remind myself to eat.  I am very grateful for the program and am following the Docs to the tee.  I think it is good to do as much organic as we can, but I don't obsess about every little thing.  I figure when the protocol began 30 some years ago, people wore deoderant so I think I will do all of my friends a favor and continue to use deoderant that doesn't wear off in a couple of hours and I am embarrassed about how I smell and ruin clean clothes.  I have been reading the board for a few days and I really appreciate all of the great advice. Good luck to all!
I bought all my supplies at a local pharmacy.  Sterile vials, sterile water, needles and syringes.  It was very inexpensive.  The big chain stores wouldn't help me, so I went to a small store and they were very nice.  Ordered everything I needed for a fraction of the online prices.
I am wanting to order more HCG.  Many posts said to go to drugdelivery.com, I did that but where do I go once I get to the site????   I entered novarel and hcg in the search box and it brought up a list of links but they require a scrip.  Canada says hcg is not found!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!
Hi there,
I'm a newbie in this forum and it seems to be quite familiar here which is very positive!
Actually I am a little overweight and would like to work against it. I exercise every day like doin' some nordic walking and aqua-gymnastics but I want to excellerate my weight loss. I live with an overweight of 40 pounds, which is too much for me. Could Dr. Simeons be the right way for me?
that address for HCG is drugdelivery dot ca  NOT dot com.  what you are looking for in search is hcg or hcg pregnl.  Hope this helps.
There are several different choices at drugdelivery.ca......would like to get the best deal. 1500ui is the cheapest but I don't know how to mix it and how much to give subq every day.  Will I need to order a bottle to mix it in????  Since I am ordering for myself and 3 other people I want to get this right and I need to order now!!!!

HELP!!!!!
I think it is best to get the 1500 iu's, cause then you mix weekly.  Depending on the dose you chose, I am doing 175iu/shot and Dr S gave 125iu/shot.  The difference is amount of bac water you add.  For a long course, 40 injections, at 175 iu's you need 6 amps of 1500 iu.  Order as much as you think you will need at one time so to save on shipping and handling charges.  You will need to get 10ml sterile veals to mix it in and bac water to mix it with.  And of course you need the syringes and needles.  I think most got all that stuff from hcg supplies, but there are other options.  Hope this helps!  Are you starting over?  what happened to your other stuff?
What I had was a perscription from the Dr. and it came in 1 vial of 10,000ui. They had me doing 250ui sub-q a day.  I cut it down to 200 after read on this forum and that has worked well.  I still have enough for my 40 days I will probably continue until it is gone then I am going to give things a rest until after Christmas when I go on my second round of phase 2.  Hope to set my gorge days for Chritmas Eve and Christmas day so I can enjoy some of the holiday with my family.

Lost the 3 lbs I gained and down 1.2 today, total in 31 days on vlcd of 29.6lbs.  Praise God!  Lose would of been more without setbacks but I am still doing great.  I am still very encouraged and determined.  

What are your plans after you complete phase 2?
I too will be doing another round.  I think I will have to start in Jan in order to get the 6 weeks off.  But I still have lots to lose to get to a normal me.

Today is an apple day for me.  The scale showed a 0.2# loss this morning, but that was still so close to zero I decided to give apples a try.  Actually, it is even a bit easier, no cooking!  I do miss my water -- always been a big drinker (of water that is).  I have noticed the last two days being a bit tired, and this time it was not the fault of my kids.  I can usually get myself out of it by keeping busy, but not sure why the energy is low. Maybe today cause no tea?  

Has anyone been sick and thrown up?  I don't know if I have a bug or if this is a reaction to the Hcg.  Anyone experiencing headaches? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hello everybody.  I have'nt been able to post lately.  Things have been really hectic.  Seems like the Christmas rush already.  Hcg diet has been really tuff for me lately.  Here are my new stats:

*Pase 1 for 44 days lost 33 lbs.
*Day 26 VLCD down 18.4 lbs. gained 4 lbs. during the gorge days with a total loss of
48.4 lbs

I have really had a hard time not cheating during phase 2.  I increased injection to 175iu and that has helped some.  All of a sudden I've started feeling really tired also.  What I have found that really helps with the cravings and being tired is the teas.  I hate the teas so I tried not drinking them for about 4 days.  Boy did I ever crave everything.  Even things I don't like.  So, moral to the story...
I'm back on the teas.  2-Oolong, 1-green, 1-yerba mate. mixed all together with a little stevia.
It has made a big difference.

Welcome all you newbies.  A lot of new people here since my last post.
wow,
      I missed this forum and I am sorry did.  I am on my six weeks, but with the holidays a bit more, break.  I lost 27 lbs and feel fabulous.  I am 10 days into the three weeks of Dr S's no starch no sugar transition.  It is going well and I am staying within about a pound. I still need to take off about another 20 lbs. and will be doing this right after Christmas.  Is anyone where I am or a bit past and can share how it is going for you?  Thanks I would really appreciate it.
so excited -
I will try to tell you the information I used to order my injections & supplies.
hcgsupplies dot com is a good place to find a list of what you will need for injections.
They list these supplies needed for 43 Day Kit for 1500 IU Ampoules:
45--Luer-Lock Sterile Needle/Syringe Combos (choose size needed - etc. 1/2 " for SQ or 1 1/4" for IM), 6--10cc sterile capped vials, 6--large Syringes w/needles (for mixing), 2--30cc vials of Bacteriostatic Water, 60--Alcohol Wipes.
I chose to buy 6- 10cc sterile capped vials instead of 2-30cc vials because I wanted to mix up a fresh batch every week.

Here is the list and instructions for 43 days with 125,150 and 200 iu injections and how much HCG you will need.
......ADD 1 cc to EACH of these directions which is used to dilute the powder in the glass ampule

Withdraw 11 cc of Bacteriostatic Water for a concentration of 125 IU per 1cc.
(You must have a minimum of 5-- 1500 IU ampoules of HCG to achieve this result.)

Withdraw 9 cc of Bacteriostatic Water for a concentration of 150 IU per 1cc.

Withdraw 6.5cc of Bacteriostatic Water for a concentration of 200 IU per 1cc.      
(You must have a minimum of 7-- 1500 IU ampoules of HCG to achieve this result.)

(be sure to add the 1cc to each instruction that you will use to mix the HCG powder)

I decided to do 150 IU injections  of 1cc per day  - HCG needed (per above instructions was minimum of 5)  I bought 6 to make sure I had enough.
I purcased my supplies from researchsupply dot net and their prices were reasonable.

mommyiam -  
you have given lots of good advice.  This whole thing can be nerve wracking so is nice when people share advice and experiences.  Sorry to hear you have to do apple day.  I thought I was going to have to (o loss for 3 days) but this morning I lost 1 lb. so will see what happens tomorrow.  I will have to do another round (at least) at the first of the year because I need to wait 3 weeks after this round.  I am on day 15 VLCD with loss of 14 1/2 lbs.  My hubby has lost 19 1/2 lbs.

grateful -
The last couple of days I have felt really tired.  Really not muscular fatigue like Dr. Simeons talks about - just really tired.  Have gone to bed at 9:30 (which is so not me).  Hoping it will pass.

jewelry - congrats on your lost.  Let us know how you do on your 3 weeks transition.  Maybe you will have some good advice for those of us that will be doing that shortly.        

I upped the hcg each week because I felt hungry, and I was hoping to kill that. I can't say I see much difference though, dose to dose.
I read about the protein before bed thing somewhere on here. No idea where. It seemed to work a couple of times. Then I did it after I had eaten my 500 calories and the next day I had a gain. And also my scale is messed up so its hard to say really... :(
Doing an apple day today. I'll see how that goes.
Well, frustration has set in!!!!!!  My scale wieghs something different every time I step on it.  Going to return it today and get another one.  Hope that makes a difference.  Had a 0 loss today UUUUGH!!
No salt... still had a swelled ankle yesterday, was normal this morning..... may wind up having to go to the Dr. we'll see.

But I have to remember I am still doing great.  I can tell I am loosing inches.....would be measuring until Dec. 5.  May go ahead and measure when I finish round 1 of phase 2 here in a few days.  Will be doing another round after Christmas.

mommy and Iowa - Thanks for the help.  I will be ordering today.  Hope there aren't any problems in delivery with Christmas and all.  I have 3 friends going to do the protocal after Christmas.

We have had a small cold front come in down here in Texas got down to 40 last night.  Really haven't had any winter weather yet....been going around in short sleeves.  Slept with my window open a couple inches.  I slept so good last night all covered up!!!!!  

Have an awesome blessed day all!!!
Well I did the apple day yesterday.  I know Dr S says it is purely psychological, but I really wanted to see the scale moving again.  I read on another site where most of them just waited it out.  So if an apple a day keeps the Dr away, then 6 a day must keep the pounds away!!  Lost 2.2# this morning!  I know it is mostly water weight, but it feels good.  Not to mention I am having trouble keeping my pants on!  Even the really tight ones are falling off.  As far as the apple day goes, it was easy.  It was nice not to have to cook for myself and my family.  I did miss drinking a bit, but hope by following the restricted water thing the weight will keep coming off, after eating normally today.  So totals for me are down 36.6# in 30 days VLCD.

so excited -- where in Texas?  I live down on the border, we got the front last night, and our high today should only be 75 (back to 90 by Sun though :( wish it would cool off!)

I too have been more tired for a few days now.  It's not really bad, but I did nap yesterday with my daughter for about an hour.  

Iowa - you only waiting 3wks?  Doesn't Dr S say 6wks?  Did I miss something?  I thought I would start again in Jan.  Probably will wait till then anyhow, maybe enjoy Christmas a bit.
YEY!!!!  on your weight loss.   God bless apples!!!!  I live just outside of Dallas.
Iowabutterfly, thanks for the kind words.  Yesterday was really rough.  I couldn't keep anything down till late in the afternoon.  I still lost .8 lbs eventhough I had to take ibuprofen for a terrible headache. I feel Marvelous today!  Really grateful not to be hungry.  Total weight down from gorge days 7.8.  At 5'2" and 174.6 as a start weight, I plan on going from matronly to hot mama:o).

Mommyjam  Your weight loss is inspirational!  LOL on your tight pants falling off.  Am looking forward to the day that happens.  About how long did it take to really notice a change in your body?
I also did an apple day yesterday and lost exactly 2 pounds! yaaaay. I can't say the apple day was easy though. I missed food and water a lot. But I too am glad to see the scale moving down.
The protein before bed tip is in KT's book for Phase 1on pg 80, #20.
Got my hcg in only 12 days from drugdel.  Didn't expect it until closer to Thanksgiving, so I think I'll wait till then anyway to do the gorge.  What better time than a holiday devoted to eating?  
Mommy -
Sorry - you are right.  typo error - It is 6 weeks.  We will be doing 2nd round after the 1st of the year.  I just realized today that I am not counting calories correctly and have been giving my hubby a few more calories than 500.  Ooops!  He has been losing weight anyway but need to rethink our meals.  We thought we would get bored at the same foods each day but has not happened yet.

grateful -- Glad to hear you are feeling better.  My goal is to be a matronly hot mama.  I am a Grandma & Great Grandma so I just want to be slim to keep up with them.
I'm glad to hear so many of you are doing round two in January. I'm taking my 6weeks off thru Christmas and will be starting with you all in Jan.
I'm bummed this is my first day of no loss. I'm thinking about salt intake and lack of water are t blame. I seldom eat the whole 500 calories, sometimes I eat just 250-350, Part of that is because I don't like a lot of the food choices. I guess I need to get real creative. I've been eating most stuff with just salt and pepper, because I'm afraid to screw up. The menu plan I got off the internet includes oranges-that wasn't on Dr Simeon 's. But I tried it yesterday-maybe that was my error.
Wish me luck for tomorrows loss.
Also I bought the 10,000 vial. It's only been a week but I'm afraid of it losing potency. If I would have found this forum before I bought it I would have bought smaller dose and mixed more frequently. I uped my dose of hcg to 175 yesterday too.
A lot of people seem to get by with mixing foods and eating a bit more, but my wt loss has been less that most of you guys at 1/2-1 pound a day, but with today- it's not even a pound a day. I must be doing something wrong.
any ideas?
You are doing amazing!!  Where did you get your hCG?  I want to do another round after the holidays too and I want to make sure I get good hCG.  I don't think the quality and potency is the same everywhere.
grateful-- I can't remember exactly, but I think about 2 weeks into it.  I was wearing clothes pretty tight, cause I am stuborn and didn't want to buty more...now they are too big!

melcot -- It was the prengl from drug del ( I ordered enough for two rounds, and will probably end up doing more)

kiowa -- I do not mix any veggies either, I am afraid to mess up a good thing.  I know many are doing it and not having problems, but I don't mind simple food anyway.

all -- A bit discouraged today.  I must say I was concerned this would happen, scale showed a gain today of 1.6#  after the 2.2 loss yesterday (from the apple day).  I did weigh myself about 1.5 hrs later and it showed 1# less then my wt-in.  It would still be a gain, but only 0.6#.  I left it with the original, anf hope to see that pound plus reflected in tomorrow's wt-in.  I stuck strictly to the diet.  The part that confuses me was the apple day is suppose to go from noon 'till noon the next day.  I limited water and only had an apple until noon yesterday.  Then followed with my normal 500 cal plan.   didn't drink as much -- since limited till noon, maybe that is why?  Also, I wore a little makeup yesterday, just powder foundation, eyeliner, lipstick and mascara, maybe that contributed too?  I had a night out with the girls (Bunko).  Got to bed a bit late, and then couldn't sleep -- very unusual.  Regardless, I am still completely satisfied, and really hope I can get to the 40# loss on this round!

akelly -- how did it go for you after your apple day?
Well, this is my third day of 0 weight loss.  I have actually only lost 1lb all week.  (Really lost 4 but 3 was from my weight gain over last week-end.  I'm sticking to the program, lost 2lbs with an apple day. I am right at the end of round 1 of phase 2.
Down 29.6lbs been trying all week to bust the next 0.  

My Dr. perscibed 10,000iu hcg.  I had only a one time mix and believe my hcg is loosing potency.  Other tan fluid there is no other explanation.  When I order for next round after Christmas I will order the 1500iu ampules.  

I will be doing this next round with 3 friends which will be fun.

Hope everybody has an awesome day.  I'm still hannnnnging in there!!!!! :)
Hi every1  Anyone starting or doing a gorge over Thanksgiving?
Well, I skipped the shot yesterday and gained .4.  I think it was because I had to take ibuprofin again for a headache.  I also ate tomato and strawberry yesterday for the first time, and thinking about it, it was probably too much sugar for one day.  Also didn't sleep too good last night.  I noticed I had the best losses when I got a good nights sleep.  Is anyone else noticing good sleep with weight loss?
I definately think sleep has made a difference with my loss.  I have also noticed that when I am still half asleep and weighing myself, vs wide awake the numbers change.  I know it sounds weird, but two different time I have weighed myself about 1-2 hours after the first time and the number went down both times.  Both times I felt very tired, and didn't have a good night's sleep.  Why do you think you shouldn't mix tomato and strawberry?  I have done this (I think) and maybe that is why my loss has slowed & stalled...I just tried strawberries last week, didn't think anything about it before, they are on the plan, but you think that could cause problems?  Hope not, I have really been enjoying those strawberry smoothies...

Sorry to hear about the 0's.  I know how you feel.  We are just nearing the end I think.  Good Luck in the am!
I started hcg injections 24 days ago and have lost 11 lbs to date.......much slower than all of you are reporting. I started at 138 lbs and am down to 127 lbs. I get my injections from my DR. each week, they are prefilled syringes, so I have no mixing or measuring.  I pay $5 per shot, or $35 for a week's worth.  My Dr said nothing about suspending injections during my period, so I havent done that.  Can someone tell me about the apple day?  I have had no loss for 4 days now and I feel like that is just 4 wasted days!

thanks
Welcome!  Just to let you know, I have had better results, but I truely believe it is because I have so much wt to lose.  Dr. S says that if you have lots to lose you will lose faster.  You are doing great, how much more do you need to lose?  As for the apple day, it is suppose to break up a plateau of 4-6 days.  He states it is purely psychological, but it does work.  The plan is this...starting at noon, you may eat up to 6 large apples until noon the following day.  It must occur on a day you have an injection.  And you can only have enough water to "quench an uncomfortable thirst" if an apple didn't do.  Nothing else!  He states that the weiight lost will primarily be water weight, and upon resuming the normal 500 cal diet wt loss should continue.  If you have been reading, you'll know I did my first one Wed, lost 2.2#, but then gained 1.6# yesterday...still averages to a loss, and I have had great success 35# in 31 days VLCD.  Good Luck!
It isn't mixing tomato and strawberry, per say......It is that I had both of them in the same meal.  If I had had a cucumber which has hardly any sugar and then the strawberries, I probably would have been ok.  The other thing that  happened, or should I say "didn't" happen, was that I was unable to go to the bathroom.  I think the fiber from the apple really helps keep me "going".  (Sorry for being silly)

Wow ilene....35# in 31 days!  Congratulations.  That is fantastic.  I have someone else to look up to as a mentor.

I just got another order of Hcg.  I ordered 1500 and they sent 5000.  With all of the discussion about it being fresh, that is the last thing I wanted.
Well, after the 2# loss for the apple day, the next day I lost .2 and then today I gained 1.1. Crappy...but I am due for my TOM tomorrow so I'm hoping that is what the issue is. I don't want to do another apple day again if I can help it.
this forum is great.  I would love to join you.  I am 37 and currently weigh  220 pounds.  My high weight was about three years ago and it was 250 pounds.  I lost weight when my x left and have been pretty good for a few years.  I am ready to go ahead and get to losing again.  I am only 5'5" and before my two kids I weighed about 155 and even though the charts say I should be 138 pounds, I would be happy with the 155!!!

Does anyone know whether or not it is less to get hcg on website or in Mexico?  I am going to Yuma AZ for thanksgiving and can easily cross border.  What name is it called?  I read on one forum here to just tell them the hcg with the b-12 shot.  Is anyone doing it orally and does that work as good?

I am filled with questions but am so excited to get this started.  I would like to do it with a doctor, but the one in Vegas charges $700 for 3 weeks daily hcg shots.  I can do it for less on my own!  I plan on following the simeons protocol and the vlcd.
I have been reading your wonderful posts for about 2 weeks.  I have been waiting for my HCG from drugdelivery to arrive so that I can start round 2.  I lost 21 pounds on round 1 with absolutely no exercise.  I have not been extremely stressed and have gained about 8 pounds back.  Next time I am definitely going to walk and rebound.  

One question, what is Big Red?

Thank you and congrats to all of you!
Hi there.  I have been reading KT's book and this forum for 4 months. I am starting after the holidays.  I know on this forum awhile back, they said that if you are following Dr. S or KT's plan exactly and haven't had any weight loss, it is your period, (before, and it can start as early as 2 weeks), also KT's book says this is normal, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, big red is an enema bag.  That is why he mentions colonics or most people just do enemas, because being backed up can be why you aren't losing too. Gross, I know, but it's part of it.

I would not go through a doctor, several people succeed on their own, especially the people I know who have done KT's protocol.

Last, we cannot type web addresses here so I will use dot instead of .  There is a GREAT forum, where people have posted before and after pictures, and I have been e-mailing back and forth with a couple of them, it is AWESOME!!!!  Here it is, hcgsupportgroupdotforumotiondotcom. Of course, put in www.
Hope someone is starting after the holidays, like me if so, let me know, if not, I wish everyone the best!!!
Down 2.4 today.  Yeah!  I was surprised about the gain yesterday because I am being very careful, but I knew it would be better today.  Nothing like starting the day off with a big smile.
kelly_mcquirk thank you for the site.  I am going there to look at some pics next.
Good job all!
Did you go to that site yet?  I can't wait until you do....there a few, that I have been following from when they posted their before pictures, and waiting for them to post their after, amazing results.  Then one of them e-mailed me, and we are keeping in touch.  It is so encouraging to see.  Let me know what you think!!  Kelly
I just spent well over an hour on that site.  It was sooo inspiring and educational.  There were so many tips from people about body lotions and what they do for just about every subject.  The ones that gave the advise had either already met their goal or had lost a substantial amount of weight.  The photos.................not only do these people look slim, trim and fit, but they look years younger.  The moderators face looks like she is at least 10 years younger.
I raced out to the store to buy some natural deoderant that someone suggested because her son in law that is an electrician used it after working 10 hour days in the hot sun and in attics came home not smelly!  That is impressive.  I also bought some aloe vera for my face.  It helps tighten my skin and heal my chapped lips.  
Thank you for the wonderful resourse!
If I can get the hcg in Mexico and all the syringes etc, I will be doing the gorge over Thanksgiving and starting same time as you!  I'll let you know.
I'm telling you, I was so impressed and encouraged, because they are right there in front of you, and you can see that it works.  I wish I was doing it now, but I don't think I could make it through the holidays, I bake too much.  Plus, I am waiting so I will have more money to get everything I need.  So how are you liking it so far?
I just got off the site again.  It is a fountain of information,  I am so thankful that I saw my friend who had lost 38 lbs on Hcg.  When I asked her how she did it, she asked If I had heard of KT's book.  I already had the bood, but didn't know how to start.  Today is day 10 for me.  I am down 9.8 lbs.  My body is already looking better, but I am so excited to get to my goal.  My family has been very supportive.  That is so important to me.  You know, this is the first time in my life that I am dieting because I am afraid to die.  My health has not been very good and I know it is the stress of all of this fat on my little body.  When I think of how much weight I have to lose, it is almost 1/3 of my body.  I am only 5'2" and I know that my heart is going to thank me when I am done.  Don't wait to order your stuff.  It takes a long time and you will be very frustrated.  
Thanks for the encouragement.  Yes, I need to order the stuff.  I am a single mom and have two kids at home to buy stuff for Christmas, so I'll have to see.  I too, am 5'2", and I have asthma, I can't do near what I used to, plus I sit in an office all day, getting no exercise.  I'm not sure about my medications, but I just have two inhalers, hopefully it won't interfere too much. I have a lot to lose....I could easily lose 100 lbs.  I went from 130 to 230 in the matter of six years, unreal, and I am 46.  It's true what they say about losing weight after 40, it's practically impossible.  A year ago, I took an exercise class through the college at an athletic club, and my body fat was 41 percent!!  Yikes, imagine when I lose.

Sounds like you are doing good, right on with what Kevin said.  How do you feel?  I mean, is it hard, do you get really hungry, tired???  Where are you located?  I'm in Montana.  People up here would freak if they knew what this diet was all about.  Some might be okay, but very skeptical.  Nice talking with you.
I just started taking the injections yesterday.  Can any of you give me quick rundown of things I need to make sure I do in order to max this out?  I really appreciate any help.
I am from Montana, but I'm in Vegas now.  I am also a single mom with two boys.  We'll see if I can get the supplies in mexico border town to Yuma AZ and get this stuff started.  I am excited as can be!!  I'll be intouch about it.
Oh my gosh, that is so cool!!  I'm sooooo excited too!  How cool, I love Las Vegas, I go through there every summer on my way to see my dad in LA.  My son used to live in Yuma.  Yes, definately let me know how it goes, I would love to get mine there.  I am waiting for tax time, so I can get everything, teas, etc.  Keep in touch.  

How much do you have to lose again?  This will be so exciting, we will be close in our starti times, sort of anyway.  I will keep watching your progress anyway. Won't it be nice to reach our goals.?

I have two kids at home, girl and boy.
I had my 22nd injection today... and then I got my period.  I was only planning on doing the minimum 23 injections on Round 1 because of going away and bla bla bla..... so now I dont know what to do...I know you are not supposed to inject when you have your period but I want to get this last one in so that I can do my last 3 VLCD while on my period and then be done before I go away.  

Please help answer some of my questions bellow!

What are my options?
1.  Should I inject the last one anyway?  Why are you not supposed to?  Will something bad happen?
2.  Should I just end this phase having done 22 injections instead of 23?  Will there be any serious consequences?
3.  Are you supposed to still lose while on you menses and or while you are doing your last 3 VLCD's?
4.  When moving into phase 3 do you cound your last weight as of the date you last injected or as of the last day of your last 3 VLCD's?

Any insight would realy realy help!

Just a comment from all that I've read before...many do straight through and inject during their cycle, some say the flow is worse, nothing bad will happen.  And you count your last weight as the date you last injected.  Hope this helps.
I haven't felt this good in a long time.  11 pounds in 11 days just like they say.  You will be amazed when you start!  I am looking forward to your posts once you begin the program.  It is a lot easier than anything I have done with better results.  I live in San Diego, CA.
Im struggling finding a place to administer the lab tests and the supplies in Northern California...any suggestions anyone???? I prefer not to get it online.
So i ran across www.hcgmedical.com which is the place that Tradeau's book recommends. They have a process where you enroll with them, fill out some forms with the help of a local physician and then u fax them the forms or something. Then they make you go to a near by clinic for the lab testing. If you are green to go, they write a prescription for you to pick up at a near by pharmacy. I am going to check it out tomorrow morning...I hope this will help us Northern California people. Interesting how there are no clinics known in N. Cali...I know of one in So Cal called Soboba Spa-something like that.

I hope this helps. I will keep in touch to let you know what happens with hcgmedical.com
I got my period the morning of my last injection, and I injected anyway.  I read in Simeons' paper that you don't inject on the heaviest flow days, so if your first day isn't too bad, I would still inject.  Otherwise, wait a couple of days till the flow lightens up and do your last injection.  Simeons never says why not to inject during period, and I can't find an answer to that anywhere I've looked.  I also counted my last weight on my last injection day.

How fed up are you??  It's hard to imagine that one less injection would mess everything up.  I can't find any info on that subject either.
I would have done the same thing as you.  I have seen people say that it doesn't matter if you inject during menses, but if the Dr. says not to inject during your cycle, I wouldn't do it either.  You were light on the first day so it shouldn't matter.  I am like you, I would like to know "why".  It really puts things into perspective.  Did you reach your goal or will you be doing another round?
I'm pretty close to my goal, but I could be about 7 or 8 lbs less.  I want to do another round after the holidays, and just increase my caloric intake after the first ten days or so.  That seems much less daunting than the first time around.  200 more grams of protein and a couple extra apples will feel like a feast in phase 2!!
I have been gone for the past three days.  You gals have been busy!  Last diet what did you do? I have a question for all you doing more than one round...After the 3 week phase 3 (no sugar or starch), during the remaining 3 week break, are you planning on doing kind of phase 4?  I was hoping to add sugar and starch back in during those weeks.  But after rereading KT's book, it sounds like he says to stay on phase 3 the entire break?  Dr. S doesn't really say either.  Any ideas?
Well after my gain following my apple day (+1.6 after losing 2.2) I continued to lose normally.  Next day -1, then-1.8,then -1.8 again, and then -0.2 this morning.  That puts me at 39.6 lbs in 35 days VLCD!!!  I can't believe it.  If anyone out there has questions about if this will work, it will!  I haven't been exercising at all, beyond chasing kids around.  I want to start at a gym, but will wait at least till I complete this phase.  Dr. S says to stop injections when you reach 40 lbs, SO I plan to do that, Hopefully will by end of this week (only 0.4 to go)!  
I am resenting (a little) having to make a huge Thanksgiving feast for my family -- including pies--and not being able to enjoy.  I just keep telling myself it won't be my last Thanksgiving, and I should be able to enjoy Christmas (since I will be between rounds).
Good Luck to all you LOSERS!!!
for those of u that ordered from drug delivery dot com they only give u the hcg right. so where do u get everything else
I'm resenting the Thanksgiving thing too...I opted out of cooking this year, I'll be cooking for Christmas (well, actually my husband will) I'm bringing two pies that I picked up pre-made. Thats it! I'm going to sit in the corner and scowl at everyone :P lol
So here is what I did...I am not proud... but... I was planning on injecting anyway BUT when I woke up I realized it was a very heavy flow day so I decided not to.  Therefore in my mind I was done.  I was good all day until about 8pm.  Due to certain stressful situations.... I dug into a lot of BAD stuff like... cereal, then cookies, then cake, then crackers.  I went crazy.  Then I felt better.  Then I felt bad!  I woke up the next morning with a pound gained.  I was upset but ofcourse I deserved it!  I never cheated once during the diet up until this point.  I am always craving sweets during my period and this time was no exception!  Anyway, so today I was good again and stuck to my 500 cal diet until about 10 minutes ago when I started to get realy hungry so I ate 100grms of chicken.  Not as bad as I could have been.  Now I will go to bed and hope that the morning does not bring me another gain!  I will let you all know how it goes.  Also, in Kevins book he says that you only have to do 2 days of VLCD after your last injection anyone know why Simeons says 3?  I realy dont know if I will last one more day.  I think that the hcg is realy getting out of my system and this is why I am already hungry.  Plus I was not doing IM injections I was only doing Subq maybe this is the difference?

Ta for now!
It sounds like we are in the same boat.  I am about 8 pounds away from my goal and plan on starting round 2 of phase 2 after the holidays.  I just hope that knowing that I can do this does not make me pig out during the holidays!
We're all here for you.  You have these great strings to read and hopefully that will give you strength.
Oops!  I should have been paying closer attention!  lastdiet~ in one of these strings, someone mentioned another hcg support group.  Go and look at the photos!  They will keep you inspired :o)
I was wondering are you doing Subq or IM shots? I am just waiting for my shots its says they are in the U.S. so I cant wait I still haven't ordered my needles and stuff like that baecause I am not sure which I want to do. Good job everyone!!!
I have a friend that does the IM shots, but I chickened out and do the subq and it is working fine.  The needle is only 1/2 inch and only pricks the skin a little.  It seems to be about 50/50 sub/im.  Personal preference I guess.
Another update on what I did.  I decided to have one more shot today after 2 days of no shots due to my period...so I feel better because I got my 23rd shot in.  Now I feel as though I realy completed the program.  Still confused about one think KT says you do the VLCD for an additional 2 days and Simeons says 72 hours.  I realy want to go on KT's theory because it's to my benefit.  Anyone?
I did three full days of vlcd after my last shot.  Simeons says 23 injections and 26 days of treatment.  I decided that meant three extra vlcd days.  There is alot of confusion over this.  I think several people here did only two extra days and did well.  It is hard to do the third day at that point when you aren't sure it's necessary.
I know what you mean about pigging out over the holidays.  This is sort of like a get out of jail free card. Although I remember reading in Simeons' paper somewhere that your body can develop a tolerance to hCG even if you wait several weeks in between treatments.

grateful120:  Thanks for the encouragement !!  Same here!
sky -- I am doing IM shots.  They are 1.25" and 27 guage.  I definately feel a sting from the hcg going in, not a pinch from the needle.  It hurts pretty bad some days, maybe I am just a wimp.  It doesn't hurt for long though.  I usually just grit my teeth and go for it.

last diet -- I plan on doing the last injection, then do the vlcd that day plus 2 more days...72 hours from last injection.  I decided that based on what I have read at the other site hcg supportgroup dot forumotion.  Have you looked on there?  They have quite  a large group of people who have already gone through this, with all of their opinions.  I like it alot, it helps decide on stuff like this that is unclear.

all -- I have decided to stop injections early.  When I finish this mixed batch.  (Probably tomorrow)  I decided to do this because I have lost 43.2#.  I should have another week, but Dr. S says he would stop at 34#, or let the obese continue for 5-6# more, or the 40 injections...so I am already beyond that but can't throw away my magic potion.  I will do another phase in Jan.
i am a 25yr old female with 3 girls and i have a thryoid disorder. I am 260#S and i would like to loose 90 #s but dont really know where to start. i have read forum after forum about hcg and all the great successes and trials i really need to start somewhere but dont know where to begin. i have done all the pills the no eating diet the veggie diet, the juice only diet, so much lost in all that. nothing really works and it comes back after you stop and my doctor said to try surgery but i am scared because people are said to die from gaining the weight back.
lost and in need of direction!
i have hashimotos by the way
i have hashimotos by the way
just injected my shot in the fatty part of my stomache. It hurt so bad i almost pulled it out. Now 10 minutes later i still feel it. Did I do somthing wrong?
well we've survived one huge holiday!!  how's everyone doing?  i'm going to need to get updates here cuz it's been a while since my last post!  things are going great on phase 3!  i know they say not to lose more than 2lbs (or gain) but since i ended phase 2 i've dropped 6!  it's not been because i'm trying believe me.  but the interesting thing is if you remember i was a bit disappointed that i didn't lose the average of 1lb per day but the funny thing is now with the 6 lbs lost in phase 3 i'm at exactly 34 lbs off!!!  just like the prediction right!  so i'm eating pretty good and staying about 1500-1600 cal a day and things have stabilized.  i made it into the 150's happily and after the holidays i'll come back and go after the last 15lbs.  i feel really positive about all this and i hope all you newbies out there are keeping the faith!  this works!!!!  i'm going to read thru some of the posts here and get my self caught up on the goings on in our little community.  hopefully things are going well for all of you out there too!!!  
I went to Mexico but the only hcg they had was 5000 iu and I really want 1500 iu so I won't chance it going bad.  So now I have to order online and have started the search.  I wanted to start post thanksgiving.  Oh well...

Is it 6 ampules of 1500, one for each week?  I would love to order it where I get it quick but if it takes a while I guess I'll have to start after New Year.  I want to start it now!!!
hi guys I finally started injections and now on day 2, i have so much ahead of me, am not dreading the shots yet, though they do sting, not awful, but yeah, anyway starting weight 225....i guess i'll be gorging for another day, any menu ideas for the 500 vlcd? simple stuff..i work and go to school. good luck all!
you've done so great!!!  i finished my round 2 at 28lbs lost and felt good but not like i did what i set out to do.  i did the 3 weeks no sugar or starch.  suprisingly i didn't even want any!!  then t-giving came around.  i figured it was safe since i was past the 3 week reset phase and i ate everything................TWICE!!  enjoyed the holiday and gained 2.4lbs in one day!  not really i guess.  i think i ATE 2.4lbs and just hadn't eliminated it by weigh in but by the next day it was business as usual!  this tells me that this really did do it.  i ate everything including pie (and cheesecake) and the metabolism kicked in and did it's job.  since i've entered phase 3 i've continued to drop.  i was worried about that at first but on the other site i see plenty of people that happened to with no ill effects so i'm grateful.  that takes me to 34lbs lost.  i am avoiding sugar and starch but not to the extent that we are disallowed in phase 3.  i just will eat it with caution since i know those are the trigger foods for me to gain.  i will be back in jan to go again and i have a friend here that's going to be starting then too!  
we are doing it gals (and guys................how's larry anyway??)!!!  this is working so well for so many different people.  there's no way that's a fluke!!

About losing weight on phase 3. Since he says its bad in the protocol I was kind of worried about that too. I was wondering if it might screw up the resetting of the hypothalmus, but then I heard that it happens during phase 2 after about 3 weeks....its so confusing. I would think though that if it messed up the reset, he would be clear about that. All he says is it is bad because it would only be normal fat lost instead of abnormal fat lost....anyone have any light to shed on this matter?
So, I did it again... After my last injection day I pigged out again!  I dont know what is wrong with me.  It defenitely has to be this " I am out of jail" feeling ... so I have to take advantage of it mentioned by melcot.  Now I am doing my very first steak day only 2 days into phase 3.  I ate a lot of bad stuff like chocholate.  I am sure that if I just ate normal this would not have happened.  I think phase 3 is going to be way harder for me then phase 2.  I was up almost 3 pounds from my last injection!  This is not only because I ate bad stuff that you are not supposed to touch... but I also did it when the hcg was not even out of my system!  

Lets see what this steak day does for me.  I am nervous that it wont do much.  I need to lose almost a pound to be just bellow the 2 pound mark of my last injection.  And if I dont make it... then what?  Do I do 2 steak days in a row?  Ahhhh I realy could kick myself!  I dont know why I was so stupid... I did know this would happen... its almost as thought I just wanted to screw up!  Strange because I was soooo good up until the minute I stopped injecting.  Its all psychological! I realy want my chocholate now!  Why did I not realy want it in phase 2?  Wow this sucks!
well i know what you mean....it gets confusing but i keep increasing my calories and i'm staying stable or dropping just a bit here and there.  i think my metabolism has just been increased so i'm burning calories the way i'm supposed to.  it's all good!!

lastdiet...............here's one to try for the chocolate fix.  go buy yourself some wondercocoa.   no sugar no fat only 20 cal per tablespoon.  delish!  mix it with yogurt and some stevia.  it's like chocolate puddin!!  or get some organic milk and mix it with the wondercocoa and stevia for some yummy choc milk.  heat it up for hot chocolate (no mallows!!).  i love chocolate too so this wondercocoa is killer.   there's also some milk or dark chocolate stevia.  even one with chocolate/raspberry!  you can have your chocolate and be good too!  you can mix it with some coffee in a blender with a bit of milk or cream and  stevia and have a wonderful chocolate latte.  sprinkle cinn on top too.  don't get mad at yourself.  just find other alternatives for the good stuff you love!  
i dropped 6 lbs in phase 3 and i'm sure it's been because i've avoided the sugar and starch.  not completely but pretty much.  the trick is finding things you love that don't include the bad stuff.  i found almond flour/meal that i can use instead of regular flour.  very low carbs and makes a really good "breading" for foods.  try it!
I love you! You just made me so happy!!!!!  You are right I have to think of alternatives.  I just was so wrapped up in what I WANT that I could not think of alternatives!  If anyone else has some ideas that would be great!  Makes this experience much more pleasant!  I am off to get the wondercocoa and the chocholate stevia.  If I get bellow my 2 pounds with this steak day I will defenitely be having your hot chocholate and the chocolate pudding tomorrow!  Something to look forward to!  Ah ha!  I just realized what my problem is...in phase 2 I had something to look forward to... a pound loss every day.  That was the reward for sticking to the diet, but in phase 3 I felt like there was nothing to look forward to anymore, making it hard to stick to the diet.. and now there is!  Thank you so much!
I feel your pain!!!  Keeping the carbs low or eliminating them completely really helped my appetite!  You're being treated by a doctor aren't you??  Does he have any suggestions??  The steak days didn't work that well for me.  What I ended up doing was a phase 2 sort of day with at least double the protein and veggies and no fruit.  That really worked for me.  My next time around, I will start phase 3 much more gradually!  Maybe adding 500 calories the first 2 or 3 days, then 500 more etc...  
Your body probably needed protein badly at the end, maybe that's why you felt so hungry for the sweets.  Is your blood sugar ok?
Just had my steak.. no salt...did not enjoy it too much.  I hope to see some loss.  If not I will do what you said melcot.  Does anyone know what the theory is behind the steak protocol?  
I will let everyone know what happens in the morning.  
glad to help!  
My steak day worked!  I was +2.6 pounds yesterday from my last injection weight...so I knew I had to do a steak day.  This morning I was +0.1.... I lost 2.5 pounds with the steak day!  I realy did not think it was going to work this well!  I thought maybe I might lose a pound if I was lucky.. so I feel as thought I have been given a second chance!  No more being bad!  I will stick to the rules.  Clearly it works!  
I've heard of the apple day, but what is the steak day if you don't mind me asking? I just started the diet and shots Saturday and have lost weight really well so far but I know that might taper off at some point. Thanks!
Help! Today is my first day of the vlcd, i have the small melba snacks, not the toast, how much can i eat?
I couldn't find the "toast" at the store either and had to buy the snacks. I think you're only allowed 1..............and they aren't very big! lol
The Steak Day is what you do in phase 3.  On your last day of phase 3 you will inject yourself and weight yourself the next morning.  That will then become your last injection weight.  In phase 3 if you should gain more then 2 pounds then you will not eat all day and have lots of the tea and water until 6:00pm at which point you will eat the largest steak you can find and you can cook it with oil and spices but no salt.  You may also eat an apple or a tomato which ever you chose... and then when you wake up you should have lost some of that weight bringing you back to that last injection weight.  I am happy to help... but you realy should have known about this before starting phase 2.  Have you not read the manuscript?  Everyone should read this before starting the diet.  You should not start the diet just based on this thread or any other.  You can find his manuscript at hcgdietinfo of course putt www at start and .com at end.
Sorry I meant on your last day of PHASE 2 you will inject and weigh yourself the next morning to establish your last injection day weight.
I did not do the melba toast because in KT book he says that you dont need it and infact since Dr. Simeons time they found that people lost better with out it.  
I read the Dr. Simeons "Pounds and Inches" however I don't recall anything in the manuscript about the steak day, just the apple day. I will go back and re-read it. Must have missed something but thanks for your info.

I am doing the melba toast and so far I have lost 6 pounds in my first two days of the vlcd. Seems to be working for me. Now should I stall out, I might cut that out of my diet.
Ub -- So great to hear from you!  I was very excited to hear of your progress!!!!  I am a bit nervous about P3 also.  Today is my last VLCD day. I have lost 44.6 pounds and I stopped injections a week early!  I think P2 was easier for me because it had so many restrictions...I knew exactly what to eat.  I fear with "..eat whatever and as much as you want w/o the sugar and starch..." I will go overboard.  I have been reading form the other thread, and I understand to take it slowly and all, but I can really relate to last diet and the "freedom factor".  Loved you suggestions..wondercocco here I come!  Been looking locally for the flavored stevia, & so far not here yet.  Will keep looking.  Hey have you heard from Lindaloo or Italmama?  Haven't seen Larry either...hope they are all still doing great!  Quick question...did you continue with the same fruit from P2?  Can we add oranges?  I'm not sure about the "no starch/sugar"  most all fruits have sugar, but I thought they were ok on P3.  And what about whole grains?  What is the dif between carbs and starch?  Okay, I guess that was more than a quick question, but they just keep popping up.  Thanks!!!

Lastdiet-- I hear you girl!!!  My last injection was on Sat (today end VLCD).  I have been trying to plan what to eat this week, and just thinking about it all has made me want sooo many bad things.  I really do not want to blow it!  At least we can cheer each other on. If I discover any super yummy and safe treats, I will let you know! lol
Hello everyone.  Well, I've decided to give it a rest for a little while.  I'm going back to phase one until Christmas.  Here are my new stats:  I will be taking measurements tomorrow.

Lost 29lbs in phase 1

Start weight...258.2 including gorge.

Injecting 150iu daily w/one skip day.   Increasing to 175iu for the 3rd week of VLCD.
  7 days VLCD.....247.2=11.0lb loss
14 days VLCD.....244.2=14.0lb loss
38 days Lost 29lbs in phase 1

Start weight...258.2 including gorge.

7 days VLCD.....247.2=11.0lb loss
14 days VLCD.....244.2=14.0lb loss
38 days VLCD.....235.4=22.6lb loss

I could have done so much better!!!  The will power just wasn't there like in phase one.
I will be starting another round of phase 2 at Christmas. With the gorge on Christmas eve and day.
Ok, so today I made the pudding made out of yogurt, cocoa and stevia... the look and smell was exactly like chocolate pudding, so much so that my mom walked in on me and freaked out...yelling what are you doing???  I was hoping it would taste as good as it looked and it was not bad at first, but not amazing (it looked so much like the real thing that I expected it to taste exactly the same) and then as soon as I got used to the stevia taste (never having really used it before) it got better and better!  Very much like the real thing... you can really fake it!  Tonight I also made hot chocolate... Very good too!  The only problem is that I could only find the chocolate raspberry stevia and I am not a fan...I only like the chocolate plain so I think if I find the plain I will like everything that much more!  I am also going to try putting some organic vanilla flavouring in the pudding.  Anyway, this made my day much more pleasant!  Tomorrow I will try someone else’s suggestion of baking an apple in the oven with cinnamon and stevia on top to trick you into thinking you are eating apple pie.  Any more suggestions???  It would be nice to accumulate a few recipes so that everyone has some “treats” to look forward to in phase 3.
Good news… after eating pretty much what ever I wanted yesterday I did not gain any weight. I was worried about the alternative hot chocolate and the chocolate pudding.  Not to worry.  Now I am off to make some more!
thanx for  the response! is it supposed to sting?
Does what sting? The injection?  If so.... NO it does not sting, in fact you should barely feel it.  

I made something else today.  I purchased hazelnut butter, added the organic cocoa and added milk and chocolate stevia and it turned into Nutella.  I spread it on some apple slices.  Pretty yummy!

yes the injection, it stings more than a little when the medication is going in.
It will sting if you put it in when it is cold, jab the skin and/or put it in too fast.  When I inject myself in the thigh, it usually stings a little.  When my husband injects in the hind end, I can barely feel it.  I roll the syringe between my palms to warm it up a bit and it makes things easier.  I do subq.  I couldn't stand the thought of a long needle.  I hope this helps.  
By the way, is your goal 120?  That is mine.....
It realy should not sting at all.  I injected in the tummy so did my mom, the only thing we both noticed is that near the end it hurt more then it did in the beggining when the needle went in but the solution itself should not sting.. I used to take hepyrin when I was pregnant due to a blood clot and that solution stung!!!  This should not!  Where did you get your hcg?  Are you sure you mixed it propertly?  Not wanting to freak you out or anything... I just know that I always would inject straight out of the frindge without warming it and it did not sting.  I also did subq.
I did IM shots and they did sting!  Everyone of them.  I tried room temp, warming in hand to body temp, they still would sting.  It went away in a few min.  And I know my HCG was good and working.  Oh and I injected in the thigh.

Lastdiet -- what kind of yogurt are you eating?  Everyone I saw had sugar.  Would love to have some "pudding".  I was thrilled today to have maintained after my first day on P3.  It is weird, but I really ate plenty, not hungry, and actually full after meals.  I made some great turkey salad, from leftover Thanksgiving turkey, celery, pecans, and organic mayo.  Ate it on an avacado with a side salad for lunch yesterday and today.  Have you looked at the other site for recipe ideas?  Some sound yummy.
I used to have terrible chocolate cravings for days every month at a certain time (you know what I mean) and mood swings and the whole bit.  So I read somewhere that magnesium is good for pms and I started taking 3-4 250mg of Nature's Way magnesium everyday.  It knocked out the pms really well, but I also found it knocked my chocolate cravings out totally.  I read later on that chocolate craving is an indication that magnesium levels are low.  Magnesium is good for your blood pressure and heart function as well.  It also helps elimination.  So you might try it for a month and see if it gets your chocolate craving under control before it controls you.
my mom injects me and i told her to inject the medication as slow as possible and the pain level went way down!! thanx for the help!
greatful: no it's my birthday i'd have to lose 110 pounds to get to that and i'd probably look crazy, i like being thick, not fat...:)
I am using plain unsweetend yogurt.  No surgar... the sour kind... but the cocoa and stevia take the sour taste away.  
Where is Baja located in California? I live in the Bay Area and am looking for a clinic or a doctor ...

Appreciate your help
I have had some trouble posting lately.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I've noticed the number of posts are down...wonder if that is the reason????

Well, Thanksgiving is over and I gained 3lbs, but i've lost it all and i'm down .8 for a total of 35.8 for P2 R1.  Not bad ...could have done better.....but i'm happy with the loss and looking forward to after Christmas R2.

mommy-lastdiet  - Looks like you guys are paving the way for me in P3.  Please post all your ins and outs i'm sure we'll be learning a lot from each other.  I'll be starting P3 on Monday.  Reread Dr.S manuscript so I would be prepared.  Looking forward to a more expanded diet, but I know i'm going to have to be careful.   I've had a lot of trouble with fluid retention.  Was a problem before I started.  I'm drinking my water and not using much salt.  But I read Dr S says salt use must stay pretty much the same daily.  Didn't do that...use was up and down.  Will try to keep it steady and see what happens.

Ya'll have a blessed day!!

Ya'll have a blessed day!!
Okay for the last three days, I've managed to puncture veins with  my shots which I started last Friday.  I've tried my thigh, and my buttocks.  Where are they supposed to go to prevent this?.  I ordered mine from NHW and did not receive an instruction booklet, just two recipe books.
Are you doing IM or SubQ?  Also, look at hcgsupportgroup.forumotion dot com, they have lots of info, there is a link to IM shots, since that is what I did, I am not sure about the subq.  Also, as far as IM go, it is ok to pass through a vein, as long as you are not in it.  I did all my injections in the thigh.  I am guessing that with NHW you are probably doing SubQ...maybe others can help more.  Good Luck.

all -- I remained the same wt on my 2nd day of P3!  I really had my doubts, but I haven't been hungry and I have been enjoying eating:)  I had a sugar free carmel latte today, hope that doesn't screw things up because it was yummy!  Good Luck all you LOSERS!!
Doing IM because that's what Dr. Simeon recommends, and my legs and butt have the least fat on them, so the needle is reaching muscle, but apparently I'm poking holes in other things which makes me nervous.  I looked at the hcgsupport forum, but have not found the instructions for how to give the injection.  Looked all over, but didn't find it.  Maybe I got onto the wrong forum?  Is it the one with the yellow rose and baby pic with green background on the home page?
yes, that is the right place.  I think it is at the bottom of the home page under "injections"  will go look to see if it is still there.
Ok, that is it.  Just checked.  There is a plaid bar that says resourses, and under that there is a section labeled injections.  I found the info there very helpful.  Like I said before, I did IM shots , too.  Several times (not too many) I had a bead of blood on the withdrawl (withdrawal), and that is ok, it means you passed through the vein.  But look at the info and see if it answers your questions.  If I can help anymore just ask.  Good Luck!
I am only 5'2" so 120 is not unreasonable.  Us shorties can't carry a lot of weight.  I have been on a lot of different resourse sites and it is not unusual to have some stinging.  I react to everything that touches my body, so it is not unusual for me.  The Hcg is working wonderfully.  Not everyone reacts the same to everything.  Down 17.2 start date was 11/8

I feel very blessed to have learned about this protocol and to be learning from everyone here.
Good to hear you are maintaining.  I'm on my second day of three before starting P3 on Monday. I have been reading and getting recipies so I can be prepared.  Looking forward to getting to eat again. I have been so hungry toward the end of P2.  I was wondering if my hcg was still working.  My weight loss hasn't been as much as yours but I have done very well.  35.8 on last day of vlcd. :-) YEA!!

I have also enjoyed the hcgsupportgroup.forumotion dot com web site.  There is so much good info there.

Keep up the good work!!!
Congratulations to all fo you P3 folks.  I am in second week of P2! lond way to go.  I just wanted to share websites for P2 and P3 folks.  P3-phase3recipes dot blogspot dot com  P2- hcgrecipes dot blogspot dot com.  P3 site has some good looking recipes. P2 site, written by the same women, has TONS of DELICIOUS recipes.  I have made at least 8 and they all are wonderful and within the protocol. I highly recommend
Just wanted to let all know that P3 has been going great.  I had a weird weekend...up until Sun I had maintained exactly the same wt (my scale goes to 0.2# accuracy), but then Sun morning a huge jump, up 2.8#!  I was shocked!  Can't say what caused it...water intake was slightly less, but still nearly a gallon, my daughter kicked the scale?, or my period is starting (although I have been having breakthrough bleeding for about a week--sorry if too much info)???  So, I did the steak day.  And I was actually worried because I ended up being out for dinner (Holiday stuff beyond my control), just ordered steak NO salt, and instead of salad a tomatoe, please.  The waiter thought I was nuts, but he got it for me.  I was concerned about what they may have put on the steak, but what else could I do??  So, today it was all ok, lost 3#, so I am actually 0.2# below my maintenance wt!  Yippee!  Hope tomorrow is as good!  Good Luck to you all!
Great job!  I still have about 2.5 weeks till round three.  I keep reading all the posts hoping everything they say works.  It seems like you are a shining example :o)  How many days are you into phase 3?
My last inj was last Sat, so P3 started on Tues, guess that makes today day 7.  I know some people have more trouble maintaining, Hope my luck holds through...
has anyone had to travel or eat out? I have an unexpected business trip for two day and I will be traveling with someone! UGH What should I do???

And can i bring the shots on the plane???
mommy~ You are doing great!  I hear it just takes a bit of testing to see what our bodies will let us do.  You are following the protocol perfectly.  Don't be scared.  It seems hard to believe that we can lose weight and inches so easily.  The same goes for keeping it off.  You can do it!
skinny~ Eating out turned out to be easier than I thought.  A piece of grilled fish or chicked, salad greens or a vegie with no oil.  The servers look at you a bit wierd and repeat back "No oil?" like they have never heard of it, but it seems to work.  I ordered a salad with shrimp and only green lettuce with vinegar and lemon and they brought it ,no problem.  Not sure about taking injections and medicine on the plane.  How would you keep the hcg cold?  A cold lunch box maybe?  Not sure about the needles.  Maybe pack them in the check in bag and carry the hcg in a lunch box?  That is a good question.
mommy - Today is day 2 of P3.  So far so good.  Maintaining weight well. I stuggled over the week-end a little bit and I am glad for the structure of my week days to help me.  I've had some trouble with sleep.  Don't know if it's the program or just stress from such a busy time of the year.  Was really ready to add a few thing to my diet.  I am still pretty much eating the same things, just more.  I have added egs for breakfast.  Today I had a boiled egg and an orange.   What have you been eating to be able to maintain??  Glad to hear the steak day works.  

taynic - I have tried some of the great recipes on the site you recommended....they are great.  I also have a long way to go.  I started out needing to loose 164lbs to reach goal weight.  Praise God, I lost 36lbs of that in round 1 of P2.  How are you doing on P2?

grateful - If you are like me you are ready for P3.  I went longer than most.  I did the 40 days on P2 and was ready for a break.  You know the funniest thing has happened though, I don't really seem to want any more.  Last night I had chicken cabbage soup for dinner.  It was really yummy but I wound up eating about the same amount I was eating on P2.   Go figure!!!

Ya'll have an awesome day, and be a looser!!!!!

Hey, for some strange reason, I lost more wt this morning!  I was really worried about a gain since my steak day loss yesterday morning, but was pleaseantly surprised to see more loss!!  Grand total 46#--YIPPEE!!!

Thanks you guys are really sweet!  It is really hard to believe how this program is working for everyone!  I too have a long road ahead...down the 46# but need to go another 80 min 100 would be awesome(college days weight!)

As for food for me on P3...lets see, I have had eggs(2) and bacon(2) every morning, with a bit of cheese.  Lunch has been turkey salad (I finally got my Thanksgiving turkey -- hee hee) made with leftover turkey, organic mayo, celery, pecans, and a bit of curry pwder, I put that on top of an avacado and have a side salad.  Yummy!  I think that is my favorite meal.  I plan to make it with chicken, too.  Dinners have been more varried...no-crust pizza (which I think would have been better if made as pizza burgers, the grease from the beef kinda set there), Chicken stir fry just ate w/o rice, I made some steak milenasa -- that really thin steak, fried in pan with a little olive oil (organic extra virgin) and had guacamole on top (served family tortillas, queso and pico, and spanish rice).  Been trying to have salad with dinner, too.  One night had portobella mushrooms, zuccinni, and squash broiled with some parmesean.  That's about all I can think of.  I did have to eat a fast food burger one day, just took off the bun.  Didn't seem to be too harmful(as far as immeadiate wt gain), but really don't want to do that very much.  I think it is also important to keep pushing the fluids...I still drink my 2qt pitcher of tea and my gallon of water everyday (I like it).

I can tell my metabolism has changed.  Things like my feet getting cold at night, which hasn't been a "problem" in nearly 15 years!  Ijust know that this is the easiest and best program I have ever tried!  And that is why we are all getting results!  Keep up the good work all you Big LOSERS!
Hi there, just finished reading kevins book myself, I would like to know if anyone of you know what I could ask for when crossing into mexico for the HCG. I believe it has a different name, I cant really afford the phases as they are in the book so ive been researching and want to do HCG, and colon cleansing for the next threee months along with organic food and walking.... I will keep updated to see if this KNOCK OFF  version of protocal will work and how........ any suggestions on the HCG and dosage as I live in el paso, texas I can cross border
lala69
Not a smart move to be coming back across the border with HCG on ya, HCG is considered an anabolic and I have seen some horror stories about people getting caught by the federalies with prescription drugs.  There are tons of sites that you can buy it from and ones that are pretty cheap, I would never take something that somebody has already pre-mixed in a syringe, buy it and mix it yourself.
veggiegal - I just wanted to let you know that I am a vegetarian, and I lost 30lbs in 30 days with the vlcd & shots.  For protein, I alternated between low fat cottage cheese, 3 egg whites+1 whole egg, whey protein and tofu.  I had to be careful with the tofu...I looked for high protein low carb count.  

I was very successful, and I am looking forward to repeating phase one in another 5 weeks.  I hope this is helpful, and you can be successful without eating meat.
so you did try the dessert choc puddin!  it really is a treat.  i don't know if you tried it with fruit? i like the dark sweet cherries and i love love love the english toffee stevia.  it gives it a carmel taste.  delish!  i'll get a few more recipes out of the cookbook i bought online for the hcg dieters.  i don't know if anyone else had purchased that one (it was about 40bucks?) but it's totally worth it.  

so where are you guys buying your hcg??  i got mine from drugdel.ca and had great luck on the first go round.  i thought i'd order early for round two starting in jan and have in here so i was ready to go but i ordered on oct 4 and that shipment was seized.  then i reordered and they lost it.  third order was shipped out on the 14th of nov and is stuck inbound into customs.  if that's any indication like the first order it will be shipped back to drugdel too.  i was not able to track the first order ever so i figured since i can track this one like the other that was seized , this one will be too!  i'm getting mad and worried because i wanted to have all the stuff to get started right after the holiday.  my girlfriend even order after me and i think her order will get here first!!  where are you having  luck purchasing??
i'm glad to see you're doing so well in phase 3!  i'm still maintaining about 6lbs below my maint weight.  don't know how that happened.  i eat a lot!  but yes, i still talk with lindaloo and itmama!  both are doing great although itmama had to take a bit of a break because of health concerns.  lindaloo is maintaining at an amazing level!  we area all success stories aren't we!

where did you get your hcg?  read my previous post.  i'm getting worried!!
Started yesterday.  I am sooo excited -- I cant wait to be like all of you and type last injection day down 30+lbs.  That would seriously be music to my ears.  So I guess for now I will be the baby of the group.

I am 26 5'6 and starting weight is 187.4.  I am doing 125iu subQ w/ 2 days no shot(sun and mon).  I am going through a weight loss clinic in Orlando FL and they have had great success with this protocol so I will try it out.  I read Pounds and Inches, so I was looking forward to the gouge days but didnt do them b/c of the clinic.  I guess Ill try it out -- for right now it beats having to mix things.

After first day I am down 186.2=1.2lb loss.

That shocked me alot.  I was never really an over-eater -- I always ate less but unhealthy and I felt like I ate alot yesterday (that could be too b/c my cal is 800 and we have a list of waht to eat and how much).   It seems like alot of variety.  I also worked out yesterday for about an hour.  

I didnt feel hungry or tired -- I felt more energized actually.  Well -- congrats everyone for your success and I look forward of being a part of the fam :-)
I just got an email from drugdelivery.ca

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OF HCG

Dec. 5 - Dec. 12.

Enter code 7746688

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
I followed your advise and ordered enough to do two rounds, from drug del.  I now think I may order again since they are having sales evry week until Christmas, and I know I will need another 1-2 rounds next year.  I am so happy to hear about lindaloo. I miss hearing her posts. Same with itlmama.  Where do you get all that yummy sounding stevia?  So far haven't found it.  Also the "pudding" I can't find sugar free yogurt:(  Bummer.

lala -- I live in McAllen, TX --also border town.  I could not find it in MX.  Someone on here did, but it was only in 5000 amp.  Which is not what I would want anyway.  Good Luck.  Try Drug del.ca
Okay, I'm on day ten, lost 6 lbs after the gorge days and then did not lose for 3 days straight, so did an apple day yesterday.  Sure enough, I'd lost 1.5 lbs this morning.  But now I'm STARVED!!  I still have ten days to go and I'm dying.  Any suggestions to curb hunger?
Any girls having any spotting? I am on the Nuvaring and I wasnt expecting a visit form aunt flow until next week.

Not sure what this is and I am a little nervouse because with the ring its like clock work.

Help
lindaloo says hello to all and she'll be back soon.  probably going another round in january with me!  

so you're all having good luck with drugdelivery.ca???  i think it's a conspiracy!!  i can't believe my second order looks it's been seized too!  maybe i need to go with NHW with lindaloo!  i need to have things ready for a second round in january but i think my name is redflagged or something with customs.  anyone else having problems with customs?
My visitor came about 1-1.5 wks early and lasted till the end of when it was suppose to--yuck, so nearly 2 weeks.  I am on birth control also, and was quite surprised.  I have read that several others have had break through too.  I don't think anyone has had anything "checked", but everyone seems to be fine.  I guess that could be the one side effect of HCG, but I'll take that for the great wt loss!  Good Luck!
thanks! I was getting worried.
thanks! I was getting worried.
thanks! I was getting worried.
thanks! I was getting worried.
sorry lol
ubflossn, don't try ordering over the border anymore.  The feds have probably flagged your name and address (they keep computerized records that just spit your shipment out as soon as the computer sees it).  There are sites in the U.S. (if that's where you are) to order.  NHW gets it to you by next day air.

Okay everyone, I did a bad thing last night after being starved all day.  I couldn't help myself.  My husband discovered left over apple pie and whipped cream from T-day in the fridge.  I had a piece and a half with whipped cream.  Oops!  But I feel soooo much better today.  I've been cranky for a week now and suddenly I'm cranky no more.  I'll pay tho.  Couldn't bear to weigh myself this a.m.
Viewing 801-1000 comments: