Weight Loss Alternatives Community
EXERCISE?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

EXERCISE?

I go to Dr. G's in huntersville, take the hcg shot weekly. I am on week 3 and even though i am almost 47 i am at a plateau. I lost 6lbs so far but haven't lost anymore. I am getting so discouraged. I drink the water and exercise maybe twice weekly. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. I am so very careful about what i eat and follow the rules to the letter. This morning i had a protein drink and lunch i had a protein bar(very few carbs). Dinner will be a lean cusine. I took a diet pill so i don't really feel hungry. I also take one a day carb smart.
What am i doing wrong. I am currently 172 and need to lose 20lbs.
Have you been taking your measurements? You could be losing inches even when not losing pounds, especially since you said you are exercising.
"exercise maybe twice weekly"   Your keyword here is MAYBE

You will need to exercise at LEAST 5 times a week for 45 min to a hour.

Good Luck
More than twice a week is better, but even 30 minutes 3 times a week has proven to be beneficial. 5 times a week for 45 minutes would be better, of course, but not everyone has the time or stamina for that. Some people need to work up to that level, especially if they have a long way to go.
Yes i just did. I took the measurements just now and maybe 1/2 inch. I pulled out the gazelle and will be on for the next 30 minutes. I'll do this for the next 3 days and see if by Saturday there is any change.
thanks
I track my measurements on a site called MyBodyComp.com . The tool is called "body Fat Monnitor" I think.  There are 12 measurements to take, and it will calculate your body fat and give you all kinds of reports.

I am telling you this, because there is more to your measurmements than bust, waist, and hips. There are also abdome, thigh, calf, ankle, shoulder, neck, arm, forearm, and wrist. You may show weight loss more in any one area at a given time, so you could have lost most inches than you know if you only checked the basics.
I'm still having the same problem except for the fact that I never lost a large amount up front. I only lose 1/2 lb. a week a day or 2 after my shot.  I'm not doing anything wrong.  I check everything. I'm walking everyday.  I have to force myself at the end of the day to take in my additional calories.  I read G's paperwork 2X a week to make sure I am doing everything right. I only have a protein shake for breakfast & lunch.  I stick with a small pc. of chicken or very lean beef w/ some steamed veggies, or lean cuisine for dinner.  I can barely finish it.  If I find I haven't drank enough fluids, I'll make it up in the evening as well.  The only significant weight loss is when I was sick and couldn't eat anything for a week. I lost 6 lbs.

I just called G's office about additional shots because I wasn't about to go back today and spend more $$$'s of my severely limited income.  I was told in certain cases he would give 2...sometimes 3...if necessary.  The gal stated they only give one at first to make sure you can tolerate it. I'll go again today, and let you know in another week or two if it has made a differance.  I start at the Y in University today, as well.  Might be better then just walking.

Other then that, I'm pretty discouraged.
I was so thrilled the first week and then i stopped losing. My scale is stuck at 172 and i have 2 different types of scales. I weigh first thing in the morning naked and after i go to the bathroom. I have an appointment next week and i will discuss with them also. I read and read and read that book until i'm blue in the face. The only problem i saw was i was eating a detour bar that had more carbs than proteins in the morning. But what i don't get is i eat very little. Maybe 600 calories a day if that. I have 3 kids and believe me i am running around here like a dog with them. I work 3rd shift and i don't know if that has anything to do with it at all. Please let me know what you find out. Well back to The Gazelle and Tony little.
Just got back from G and they tried to disuade me from additional shots and telling me how great I did. Once again I explained the weight loss came from the flu. The PA did finally give me 2 shots per week and said we'll talk again next time...ahem. I'll see if that makes a diff along with Y excerise.

Try not to give up, sweetie. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Look at the positive...at least you your scale isn't stuck at 272!!!!

If nothing happens, I will stick with the diet but not the doc.
I have that same problem. I hardly eat and I am very cautious about what I eat. I recently started the Adipex and now I excercise everyday. If I am not abe to make it to the gym I walk in  my neighborhood for about 30 minutes.I also have a personal trainer. I didn't lose much but so far I have lost 13lbs and I forgot to mention that I have 6 children.....So i know the frustration you are feeling. Try to take in more calories in the healthiest way eat lots of green and leafy vegetables with little fat added. drink lots of water and eat fruit along with your shake and protein bar. Alos try soup to your diet to help with the fluid intake pick some that low in calories and fat like progresso or healthy choices.
Look at the ingredients in your Lean Cuisine's.  Those prepackaged dinners have so much junk in them, and in my opinion leave you hungry.  Take the time to cook with fresh, organic produce and meats.  I know its painful to cook every night, but its the only way!
How many calories do you eat? You say you hardly eat- if you're eating less than 1000 calories a day, your body can go into starvation mode and start STORING the fat. So you may not lose weight for awhile. And then when you do, it will be muscle. You don't want to lose muscle. So if you're eating less than 1000 calories a day, that could be why. Just wanted to add that! Good luck! :) I've been eating 1200 calories a day since the begining of the year. And I've cut out all flour/sugar/potatoes. I've lost 17 lbs! :)
Are you on Long Island, or up around Nyack or the Jersey side?
I've been reading your postings and the frequency of your shots.  I have the HCG shots and I do them five days in a row, my Friday injection is a double injection so it get's me through the weekend.  The diet your describing doesn't sound like the protocal diet that I've read about, you should be eating the following for breakfast, 2 egg whites, 4-5 pieces of Melba Toast, snack on a orange or carrots, lunch, a meat and two vegatables, I like to do 4 oz's of tuna and cucumbers and tomatoes, snack on carrot sticks, celery or apple, dinner 4 oz's of chicken of fish, and two steamed vegatables.  There is NO salt or SUGAR on the diet.  You have to drink at least 96 oz of water a day, you can also have tea or black coffee, no sweetners or cream.  One other thing that really works is drinking lemon juice with water first thing in the morning and in the afternoon.  Since I've started I've lost 19 pounds and I'm at the beginning of my fourth week.  The first week I lost 5 pounds right away, then I started loosing inches everywhere, then back to weight loss and know I feel the inches melting away.  If you read the books published by Kevin Trudeau it gives you an outline of the entire protocal plan, it's incredible, I can't believe I'm actually doing it.  Good Luck to you!
amazing succsess DP!!!

please how did you find a practitioner to work with you?
where are you located?

I am taliking to a nautra path DR. on sat to see if he will prescribe the shots for me.
i live out side of NYC and i know there must be someone around to help me.

any ideas?

may i ask what the cost of treatment is?

i am so pleased you are doing the protocol and it WORKS!!!
Excellent news, DP and CONGTRATS on a job well done.  Glad to see you're eating sensibly and thanks for the reminder about lemon in water. I keep forgetting to mention that here. It helps cleanse the toxins from your body, as well.

Carolinaskys' and my protocol is different and I don't agree with all of it. I know I wasn't losing because my body is in stravation mode. Not taking in enough calories is typically more harmful.  In our program, we are supposed to bump up the calories after the second week and then go back down again....and repeat the cycle.  I agree with that so we don't plateau but the initial calorie intake I feel is too low.  I don't believe in some of the suggested meals and try to avoid them.  We are allowed to eat egg whites, however. Your program sounds excellant.

I juice my veggies but I'm not getting enough fiber so I try to eat them now. I still occasionally juice some greens as I suffer from malabsorption.  Juicing beets, cucumber, and some other veggies helps to cleanse your body and bump up your immunity.  Good to see your eating your cukes!

I need to eat more fruit more health reasons and fiber intake.  But since this is a high protein, low carb calorie counting program, how can I learn the amount of carories and carbs in a piece of fruit?  I've researched to no avail and would appreciate any input you may be able to provide.

PS:  Today was my 2nd day at the Y and I was able to double the amount of time and speed then yesterday.  Didn't sweat as much which isn't good but I have to start slow because of other medical problems.  That...plus I was exhausted...LOL.!!!
I agree with scuba on the prepared package foods which is why I try to stick to a small portion of sald or veggies with a small portion of chicken, turkey, low fat beef, salads, shrimp, scallops, etc. Unfortunately, I was never able to acquire the taste. I do reach for a lean cuisine when I don't have an alternative due to time, etc. Fortunately, I am past the point where having one doesn't make me more hungry. Fresh and natural foods are always the best choice for our health and bodies. I try to avoid the lunch meats he suggests as well since they are loaded with sodium. I follow G's protocol but make my own decisons of which foods to choose. He states not to eat bananas, grapes, raisens or eggs and then has fat free hot dogs as a good choice. I'm not eating the eggs or those particular fruits for the moment but I choose not to eat hot dogs or fast food either. There just not good for our bodies. In his defense, this is a busy world we live in and providing alteratives when eating out helps us to make better choices. I avoided the Detour Bars as much as I wanted them because I crave sweets late at night. Most protein bars are actually loaded with more carbs. I personally found it better (albeit more difficult) to just avoid them until the cravings subside. I'm almost there. If the craving is severe and making me restless, I'll have a few teaspoons of fat-free yogurt.

As you know, my scale was also stuck. I joined the Y yesterday as promised. I'm terribly out of shape from being so ill since 9/11/01 and suffering with fibromyalgia and joint problems and was only able to do  the bike and treadmill for 10 minutes each. I have much work to do before I can gain any speed. The bottom line... I dropped a lb. already and never even took my shot yeaterday!

I would love to continue to hear from both of you with respect to your programs, weight loss, suggestion, and support. That is why we are here and I would love to keep it going. Unfortunately, many here are expending their energy into arguing instead of excerising and providing support.  People choose differant options for their own personal reasons and that is each individuals choice to make.

PS: carolinaskies....I know  it's tough with the kids, but please try to bump up your walking to at least 3 to 4 times a week.  That may help with your plateau. My thoughts are with you. Kids and cleaning keep a person on the move and it is exhausting.  Unfortunately it is not the type of excersise necessary to weight loss. Building stamina via exercise will help you keep up with the lil' rascals!
I live in Cleveland, OHIO -- and I work with a clinic out of state -- I provide them a daily journal of my eating habits, my injections and I talk with them at least twice a week to go over my results.  Any time I have a question I contact them either by phone or email and they get right back with me.  The dietician is wonderful to work with.  I have provided them with all my lab work that was done locally by my doctor and they review that information as well.  I get checked by my local doctor every three months so I can provide the clinic with up to date information on my health status.  My injections cost me about $190 a month, that is for a five injections a week over four weeks, $9.50 per injection.  It's so hard to find info on the calorie content of food, I looked every where but there are books at your local book store that have that info in them, the best fruits to eat are:  apples, oranges, grapefruit, I stay away from the melons since they don't break down as quickly in your body, I just found out that grapes and raisins are not good for healing of your metobolism.

I am in Nassau County,on Long Island.

I really thought that living near a major city would enable me to find a clinic of practioner how would administer the shots. No such luck yet.
I have not started phase one, as I want to make sure I can do the entire plan.

Have you visited the clinic out of state that you work with?
Will they let you do an initial visit and then by fed ex or post or something.

$190 a month seems doable, but travel would be difficult for me.

Please keep me posted on your journeys

I never travel out of state, I do everything via the phone and email with the clinic that I currently work with.  I wouldn't be able to do if I had to travel back and forth.   There are a few websites out there that provide you with the info you are looking for, but since I can't post any info -- I would suggest that you go back through the forums -- that is were I found out about the clinics and how to work with them.  I started looking around the first of February and I had the injections by the 19th of that same month.  Good Luck to you!
I just did a quick search on Google for the L.I. area.  I also tried Bklyn since that wouldn't be too far a stretch for you. Nothing came up immediately. Try more searches on google for HCG/weight loss and your area.  If that fails, look in your local yellow pages under weight loss clinics.  Call and ask them if they provide these shots.  If I find anything, I'll let you know. I had to move down south last year due to 9/11 related issues and no longer live, or work, in NYC.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  I thought I'd come across many up there for you.  Don't give up. Also do some research so you can  make an informative decision on taking these shots.  There are online programs as noted above but we are prohibited from listing them here.
Hi, Well even though the lean cusines are convient i skip the rice or any pasta that's in there. I decided to eat more and have more salads ready when i'm hungry. I see Dr. G next tuesday and will let you know. The scale did move for me yesterday. Lost 2lbs(169) and the lemon water first thing in the morning does help water weight and toxins like you said. Thanks again,
will let you know.
Glad to here from you. Was just about to put out an APB....lol. Another 2 lbs is great.  I'm so happy for you and you are still doing better then me in the loss department.  How's your energy? Mine stinks and I wish we were getting the b-12 in our shots as well.  People seem to be doing much better with that.

I have to take my own advice about the lemon.  It really helps.  Are you using fresh lemons or that Real Lemon concentrate?  I get the Lean Cuisines that only have turkey or chick w/ vegetables.  The protein is higher, less carbs and about 250 calories.  I cheated for the first time yesterday with some carbs and I gained a 1 1/2 lbs today. Why oh why is it so easy to put on and so darn difficult to get off...lol.
I agree. I am sick of lean cusine. I am going to start making a lot of salads and veggies and store them in the fridge.
Not going back to G.

Everyone on here taking much more HCG then us. Just found out we can get HCG online for about $20 for 5000 I.U.s at any muscle bldg site. Search HCG/steroids.  I pi**ed away amost $400 on nada with G. If you choose to take more, do research. In large quantities, it seems you should stop after 2 or 3 weeks before starting again as appar. our bodies get used to it and it stops working.  G stops after 3 or 4 months but then again, he gives us so little.

Please get back and let me know how you're doing.