Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Fasting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Fasting

I usually go on a one or two day involuntary fast nearly every month not only for weight loss but also due to Migraine headaches as well when I can't eat a bite for 48 hours.

The only minor problem is that whenever I end the fast I get Diarrhea..I try and eat mild foods like mashed potatoes and apple sauce to start out with,but I still get the runs sometimes lasting for up to two or three days after the fast..It is often accompanied with feelings of dizziness and light headedness lasting at least 3 days.Could this be the result of fasting or the headache?

Is this normal?/I am a vegan/vegetarian also..Any dangers with fasting and if you can't eat,isn't it normal to go without food until you feel well enough to tolerate food again?Is your body smart enough to know when to eat or when not to? Thanks been wondering about this one for a long time now..BTW I'm 48.
At the end of your fast do you lose weight?
Oh yeah,weight loss is also a side effect of fasting..
I'm considering weight loss surgery. I have been told I will fast for 2 weeks before the surgery. Will fasting alone help me loose weight? I am about 100 pounds overweight.

Hopeless
I just fasted for the last 2 days. and last night i puked green and yellow for 6 hours. NOOO FUN!!!! how can i avoid this?