Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Getting off Depo-Provera because of weight gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Viewing 201-207 comments:
I have decided to come off the injection after 2years due to very bad weight gain of 4stone!!
I havnt changed my diet or my fitness routines so it cant be that. does anyone have any ideas how to lose the weight :(.
Yes,The docs do tell you of weight gain.
You can loose the weight with diet-ZERO CARB DIET
and cleanses (liver, intestinal)
and weight training at the gym.
Your metabolism and hormones are changed but you can loose it once you stop the shot and diet,cleanse, lift weights.
Im 19 years old, 4'11" and weigh 80 pounds. I have been this size LITERALLY since in 7th grade!! Dont have a eating disorder, never had one, I didnt lose the weight overnight,i  just have never gained Anything! I HATE being soo skinny! My family is really petite. I eat as much as everyone else & can eat anything i want without gaining & i have had EVERYTHING checked several times to see why i cant gain weight (thyorids, blood sugar level, checked for diabeties, etc.) & everything is normal, even went to see a nutrionist but they couldnt even really help me.... I've been on the shot for 6 months now... HOPING/PRAYING i gain at least 30 pounds!!! Nothing so far.... :/
hi SG,
I have been following all your posts and advice and im so glad SOMEONE actually knows wots going on and have actually been through it, I have however wrote a post to another site u were on, but anyways, I was on the DANGER DEPO for 11 yrs came off 1 1/2 yrs ago, the worse experience and symptoms in my life, I felt like i was pregnant and also going through Menopause all at the same time and im only 33yrs old!!! WTF!!! In the last 2 months I seem to have got a regular cycle back, so im wondering is this a sign the depo has LEFT THE BUILDING!!! I have done the Liver Clenze, Herbal Teas, detoxing, Accupuncture, Sauna, etc etc and im hoping this has helped speed up the process...NOW what im assuming im going through now is PMS coz my Hormones are still all over the place....sore boobs, major bloating, still havent lost the weight I gained coming off the depo....i would go see the doctor but they've got no idea!!! Im thinking of going on a Low Dose pill in a few days....wot do u think, sorry to ask so many questions...thank u
Yes, your cleanses helped the process, you do have PMS, your hormones are normalizing, I recommend the Mirena instead of the Pill.

Sounds like you are coming along very well!

You can lose the weight. Stay away from sugar, breads, and carbohydrates.
No sodas, No diet sodas.
Hello again SG
thank-u so much for your advice, u r a lifesaver, u dont understand how much you have helped me during this whole debarkle...

thank u very much and have a great xmas and new year!!
excessive weight gain.. no sex drive whatsoever..very sad. started the gym 7 weeks ago and had my weigh in yesterday, lost maybe 500grams. fml.
Depo shot does not make you gain weight, however depo shot can increase your appetite dramatically, when you stop paying attention to what you eat you gain weight fast, I started eating a ton and drinking and gained 60lbs, I have been on depo for 3 years.

Now I am loosing the weight by counting calories, I realized how much it made me overeat. I have lost 50lbs in 4 months with no problem, I exercise 5-6times a week with high intensity cardio, weight training, abs, etc. I burn tons of calories, whatever calories I burn I get to eat. I have found a healthy balance between exercise and food. I have another 50lbs I want to lose so that I can have bikini body, one I haven't had since about 9yrs old, I am 23 now.

Also depo shot can make you retain water, mine can be as much as 11lbs sometimes. Key is to keep sodium intake low, drink lots of water, exercise, and boost your metabolism by eating breakfasts and smaller more frequent meals and make sure to get your need vitamins, especially B12!
I agree with some but not all of what you are saying. Please don't misguide anyone.

1) The old calories in-calories out theory is wrong. It's what you eat not how much, and in what combination that matters:
So someone can eat 1000 cals in ice cream and gain less than someone that ate 1500 calls in grilled chicken? Think again! That's very misguided.
The person eating chicken will lose weight, the other gain.
2)Depo Provera did not make me hungry, I did not eat more at all.
3) It's HORMONAL not caloric. They are pumping you with a drug that causes your body to be in a false pregnancy state. Thus the weight gain. Your body is storing up for the baby that you do not have in the womb.
4) I have a bikini bod.
5) It makes you retain water, fluids, blood, fat, feces. A natural water pill and one colon clenz pill a day will take care of this, except for the blood part.
So i have had the shot for 6 months and due for my next one on 7th of jan, but im not getting it anymore due to my emotions, lack of energy, and more so ruining my body even though i have not changed my eating habits since this time last year, ive managed to gain around 14 kg in 6 months!, im starting to spot now and was wondering how long it would take to go back to normal after to shots.. i dont like the thought of spotting non-stop. im so angry, theres alot the docters dont tell you.  Im fat, unhappy, and i feel like an awful gf because i have no desire for sex and when i try ive lost all feeling (i dont know if it is something to do with nerve endings, muscles or state of mind :(
I can tell you with all my heart that you will feel better. I promise. I comend you for going off the shot and getting your life back.

Look up some liver and bowel cleanses on Google. Stay away from any white foods. Eat Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Fish.
Take natural water pills and Colon Clenz to clean out all the toxins.
Get your hair done, extentions if the Depo damaged your hair. You will feel better!
Ask GNC what to take while working out to help have more energy and fat loss. You will be in a bikini soon!
hi there again,
i just wanted to ask you a question, i recently went and got my hormones tested and they came back normal but im still gaining weight, i havent stuck to the low carb diet u suggested so carnt really blame anyone but myself, but then i dont gorge on sweets and carbs either... i did start to get my period back to normal but i went and got the mirena put in which has stopped my cycle (which i knew it would) but im wondering if that has caused me to gain or the fact the depo could still be in my fat, i asked the doctor but as always they pretty much said im eating too much which im not...so im gonna start the low carb (PROPERLY) tomoz...and see how that goes...
Before i was on the depo shot i was 147lbs. i am now 170lbs and i've only been on it for 3 months. i am very active in basketball. i have basketball 7 days a week for 2 1/2 hours, i am a vegeterian too. i am about to get off of it because i am very unhappy now. i would not reccomend the shot but if you want try it, everyone's body is different.
I began the Depo shot in October 2009 after having my son in August 2009.  From October 2009 to February 2010, I gained 55 lbs!!!  I am now 38 years old, 5'-9" and have always weighed around 135-145 lbs.  When I went for my shot in Jan. 2010, I expressed my concern to the Dr. that I had gained 25 lbs and she said that it was probably just from the holidays.  REALLY?  I have always been a very healthy eater and very active (always exercising). I have been a vegetarian for 20 years.

So by February 2010, my weight had ballooned to almost 200 lbs (at present I am 187 lbs).  I made an appointment with my Dr. to talk to her more about the weight gain and to tell her I was discontinuing Depo and wanted to go back on the pill.  Her and the nurse both said I needed to watch what I ate and stay away from the fast food.  I haven't eaten fast food since I was in high school!!!  So needless to say I was very upset.  The Dr. prescribed phentermine 37.5 mg/once a day (Feb. 2010) and Lasix.  I went into a deep depression and was prescribed anti-depressants, anti-anxieties and sleeping pills.  The phentermine never worked!  

On Dec. 28th, 2011, I had my blood pressure and heart rate checked (while trying to donate plasma) and both were super high.  That day I threw EVERYTHING away i was taking because I thought maybe the hypertension, etc. was due to the incredible amount of prescription drugs I was on (phentermine, lasix, cymbalta, wellbutrin, xanax, buspar, trazadone, clonazepam).  After all, I was still overweight, depressed, anxious and just downright sick of everything!!!  I am a single mom of a 2-year old boy and it just hit me that if something was to happen to me then my ex would possibly be raising him (and he is a deadbeat dad).  I could not let that happen!

I went through withdrawal from all the meds.  I didn't realize how much of a fog I was in with all the meds.  People have noticed that my hands don't constantly shake and my voice does not quiver anymore.  BUT, i am still fighting this weight gain!  I truly believe, as others have said, that the Depo throws your hormones into a complete tailspin.  I am now seeing an endocrinologist who is performing hormone testing.  I have low potassium and have been fighting that since July 2011.  It has just gotten to a very critical level, so I am very nervous about that.  

I am just thinking that possibly all of my problems have stemmed from the Depo.  And as each problem was being treated as a separate issue, wondering if it was the Depo all along.  I am hoping that the endocrinologist will find out some answers for me.

Anyway, enough rambling....I have warned all my friends about the shot and hope they do not experience anything like I have.  If anyone has anything to share or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.  I don't know how a person continues to gain weight by eating fruit and salad everyday.  It's the most horrible thing i have ever experienced.   Thanks for listening to me!
hi there
been there, done it all the depo is the devil, i on the other hand got all the symptoms once i went off the depo, i wasnt on as much meds as you were as i went cold turkey, it would have been the worse 2 years of my life, weight gain, anxiety, night sweats, dry skin, breast tenderness/enlarge, major PMS etc etc, i had a personal trainer, exercised 5 times a week, ate a low calorie diet NO WEIGHT LOSE i was and are so over it, i still havent lost the weight after 2 years...however if u have a read through SurferGirl Laguana's post she has alot of good advice, if u are worried bout the weight gain GET OFF THE DEPO its nasty and go on a low carb/zero carb diet...it will work, im starting 2moz....goodluck....
i forgot to say i googled depo detoxes, and found a few cleanses that you may want to try..i tried accupuncture, drank herbal teas, had sauna sessions and also tried a liver cleasing tablet which i bought from my local pharmacy, i do feel this sped up ridding depo out of my system, as my period came back alot sooner than thought and also all the horrible symptoms like night sweats, nausea etc have seemed to disappear now but as i was saying in my post to you, im still left with the weight gain...so look into the depo detoxes..its worth a try...
I Have been on the depo for about 4 years, and within those 4 years i have gained about 60 or so pounds. At first I wasnt gaining weight from it at all, but id say it started creeping up on me about 2 years ago i started gaining 5lbs pounds here and there, didnt really think nothing of it until about 9 months ago when i would go to my doctors office and they would weigh me i started to notice that every 3 months i was gaining 10 more pounds. And i know it wasfrom the depo b/c in those 4 years i did not change my diet, exercise, or anything. i just got off of it 2 months ago, im hoping i will lose some weight.
I started on the Depo in April 2000 and came off it in August 2011 as I noticed I was putting on a lot of weight. I still havent had a period and I seem to be getting bigger and bigger still and am very depressed by this what can I do HELP
The shot itself doesn't make you gain weight, it's retained water weight. So just drink lots of water, eat right and be active :)
The shot itself doesn't make you actually gain weight. It's just retained water in your body. if you just drink lots of water, eat right and be active you'll be fine. I'm on depo no weight gain due to doing all of that. so good luck
You'll be fine. The shot isn't scary, nothing to really worry about. Just drink lots of water, be active and eat right. That's really it. :)
I started the Depo shot in Sep 2011, thinking that this would be a great way of ensuring that I do not get pregnant before my husband and I am ready and I do not have to worry about taking a pill everyday. It is now March 1 2012, I have gain 40lbs, despite eating healthy and 5 days work outs of 1hr & 45mins. I have never been more emotionally unstable in my life. I cry for no reason, I get angry quickly, I get depressed because I see my body changing (and not for the better), my breast are always sore, I bleed for almost 3 months (which i had to go to the hospital because I lost so much blood), and I almost hurt myself running because I have low calcium. I DO THINK ANY WOMAN SHOULD EVER TAKE THIS! Just going from a size 3 to a size 12-16 is enough to turn me off forever. I will not be getting my next shot come May. Good luck and think about this before you get it.
I just came across this thread, and I can't believe how many other women are experiencing the same things I am - I was feeling totally alone in this. I was on depo for 18 months, went from a size 10 to a 16, lost all sex drive, depression increased, etc. etc. At first I thought I was putting on weight because I went back to school and wasn't walking back and forth to the train each morning to commute. I immediately joined the YMCA, but didn't lose any weight; then I got a personal trainer and 6 months and $2000 later, no change (seriously, I lost maybe 4lbs and 1 inch); I took up running, but no change either. I stopped taking it just before xmas 2009 and I'm still dealing with weight issues. Mid-2010 I was diagnosed with papilledema/pseudotumor cerebri and I'm sure that's a result of the depo. Every doctor advises me to lose weight, which makes me want to scream, because if it was that easy, I would have done it already!
Going on depo was the WORST decision of my life - I've spent the past 4.5 years miserable about my weight, watched my health worsen, gone through what feels like just about every medical test there is, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel. It's been a nightmare.
Has anyone recovered from this and gotten back to normal? I'd really love to know.
Hey! I am still currently on depo. I'm 19 years old and have been on it for about 5 years. I'm in college and noticed weight gain from my highschool days even though I continue to work out and play on the softball team. I asked my mom if I would lose weight if I came off of my birthcontroll. She said probably so I decided to look into it online and found this. I went from 125 when I was playing softball in highschool to 145 now. I have been increasing my workout and watching what I eat and it hs yet to help. It has been 4 months since my last shot and I am also feeling cramps and nausea. I hope to soon start losing weight, but I guess i will  just have to wait and see. So happy to know that I am not th only one looking into this.
Thats so crazy thats exactly what happened to me.. i was a 9/10 in size i weighed 172 which is good for me since i come from a big boned family and i started taking the shot every 3 months and i just kept gaining weight i'd buy a new pair of cute jeans and in like a month they were too small no matter how much i worked out riding my horse going to the gym or how heathy i ate no amount of salad could fix, now i am i betcha 40 pounds over weight becasue of depo. My friends mom had the same problem she worked out and ran everyday and she stopped taking it. " I am so done with this Depo Shot, it skrews with your hormones and makes you moody and get angry very quickly, it almost makes you a bit crazy on mood swings" it shouldn't be allowed to be used as birth control i am hoping to get back to my regular size as soon as it gets out of my system
I DO NOT RECOMEND FOR ANYONE, YOU GAIN WEIGHT LIKE CRAZY! THIS IS WORTH NOT DOING TO YOU SELF :(
I have been on it for 2 1/2 years now and i didn't realize i done nothing different from when i was a size 9 and now.. but  only now i am a
size16-18 THATS CRAZY !!!! every time i got a shot i would gain 10-15 pounds its stupid :( it accumulates over time, im glad to hear other women are having this problem too not in a good way just im not the only one.

Pros: No periods,No Cramps or messyness
Cons: weight gain, massive mood swings, nothing good...

Over all not good for a person like i said :(
It's not only crazy, it's WRONG. There should be either more research done on depo, or have it taken off the market, or something more than the generic BC warnings of side effects. There are real and damaging side effects that are worse than the pill and that doctors don't seem to recognize/acknowledge.

Big question is, what do we do now? How do we get back to "normal"?
Anyone?
So i went to the doctor today after lots of research and asked her about this with weight gain combined with the shot and she said that because of my weight it tells her that i am eating too much (i have been on depo for 2 1/2 years now) and that the depo has nothing to do with weight gain with any birth control, i was like lots and lots of girls have this problem she didn't care she was like nope depo doesn't cause weight gain maybe 2 pounds in a year but thats it, i was yeah okay so when i was 173 and eating what i wanted and staying in shape and i am now eating the same things as before i dont eat very much and NOW i am gaining Hmm think again.. It does!!! now its not only harder to lose it now you can work out all you want and there like your not doing enough or your still eating the wrong things when all along your eating heathly and working out

I hope someday someone makes a cure for this :( it screws up your entire system, and no matter what doctors say everyone is different and it effects everyone different. i understand its easy to blame weight gain on a drug but this is a bit excessive you know your self and you know when something isnt right, this is unacceptable open your eyes doctors depo causes weight gain i don't care who you are or what textbooks tell you IT DOES :( !! So help us out ...
Don't feel bad, I got on the shot about 2 years ago and after my 2nd shot I started noticing that I was gaining weight quickly so I asked about it and the doc said that 5-10 pds was normal there wouldn't be any more weight gain due to the shot.  Well over the course of the two years I have gained almost thirty pds and was blaming myself for it even tho I work out six days a week and have a decent diet. I didnt question it anymore after he told me that like I should have.  Now I know tons of people gain large amounts of weight on it.  If I would have known this I never would have started the shot.  I feel like an idiot for letting it go on this long.
wow, im amazed that so many women here have the same problem i do, weight gain!!i was on bc pills for 22 years never had a problem, period came every 4th wed of the month stayed for 2 days and done till next month. Well in november 2011 i decided i wanted to get off the pills forever as i am now 42, i decided on getting Essure, i was told by my gyn i had to get 1 depo 150mg 1 month before procedure, stupid me didnt ask any questions and took the depo shot 12/18/11, the day my period was to come. i had essure done 1/18/12 no period since 11/19/11, weight gain of 15 lbs, mood swings, no sex drive, hungry like a hostage + i am a lapband patient since 2008 with my goal weigh loss reached in 2010 of 100 lbs, i maintained my weight for 1-1/2 yrs, i get the depo and my weight goes up in 2 months, WTH!!! You know im not eating more as my band is tight @ 1cup of food every 3 hours..............soooo yes DEPO IS BAD
im in the same place where  you at  i was wearing size 5 now im on size 16 i hate it i have to go back on may 5 but im not going
At the end of 2007 I decided to go on the depo shot. I was only on it for a month and at that time i weighed 170 which for being 5'7" is a little overweight but I was working on it. Having a Thyroid disorder doesnt help so by the end of that month i was over 200 lbs diet did not change either and still have not come back from it . Its so difficult with Thyroid disorder to lose the weight. Five to six years later I weigh almost a hundred lbs heavier.
I had one Depot shot and the Doc told me NOTHING about side effects and totally ignored a lengthy history of migraines he treats me for! Ive gained 27lbs in just under three months. IM A WHALE!!! Migraines, spotting -CONSTANTLY! Went from a size 10 to 14! Needless to say I will NOT be having another injection! I was put on it for constant bleeding. Now, they can just take the Uterus cause im DONE with hormones! No self esteem, cry constantly, completely hate what I see in the mirror- not to mention constant pain from carrying around all that weight (Im 5'4 normally 130lbs) Some days its hard to find the will. Damn Dr. should have warned me!!!!!!
your comments have been both reassuring and so helpful!

I got my first depo shot a week ago without prior research (huge regret) and my dr did not warn me about the side effects. i do not plan on going back for my next shot.
so far, I've already gained 5 pounds! i've been a constant 95lbs at 5'2 pounds with a good diet .nonetheless, i've started cutting down on carbs and drinking lots of water as well as increasing the frequency of my work outs.

i'm very worried about the increasing weight gain, would going on a zero carb diet and/or taking metaformin reduce the onset of the weight gain?

whoever that has managed to maintain their weight or reduce their weight gain, pls comment too :)
Melissaljf. I went on Depo in April this year. After a month my belly ballooned up n thighs got bigger. Three weeks before the three month mark I started having my "period" it has lasted pretty well the whole time (light n heavy) till this Friday just gone. So it's a " great" birth controll (sarcasm). I normally weigh 55-58kg n have a flat stomach. Now I'm 61.1kg n my belly constantly looks full n after I eat I just want to hide, it gets huge :( ! My doctor did tell me side affects as quickly as he could get the words out, n brushed them off like they were nothing to be concerned about saying that "you can gain weight on the pill or any contraception". Needless to say, I've heard complaints bout him by friends n acquaintances, and I'm changing to a new doc on Tuesday, for me n my daughter. I can't stand this balloon belly. I put on 15kg when pregnant with my daughter n I lost it all within two months of her birth. This weight or whatever it is, just won't budge. Any suggestions would be great.
I just started Depo but I guess I'm lucky as the injection nurse made it very clear that weight gain is an issue and gave me guidance to avoid it - I've lost over 150 lbs in the last 7 years and neither of us want to see me gain it back.  According to the nurse, the hormones in Depo cause your body to metabolize sugar and carbs differently, which in turn causes the weight gain.  She said it is not unusual for a women to gain 20-30% of their body weight using this form of birth control.  In order to avoid that, make sure you exercise and maintain a LOW carbohydrate diet - avoid sugar and all the "white" stuff.  More than anything I'm glad she pointed out this side effect as now I am prepared and can keep a very close eye on the scale.  I've already cleaned up the cupboards of anything high-sugar and started reading labels much closer now.  
Ive been gaining weight while on depo birth control. I am sexual active and dont want to get pregnant. I dont know if I should stay on the shot or just stick with condoms. I am very emotional about my weight and dont want to gain any more. Can someone give me some advice please.
I'm about to switch from depo to an IUD and I'm over all the weight gain. Depo is great at pregnancy prevention but weight gain is a HUGE side effect. It's not worth it anymore and I'm sick of all the extra weight. I can't even say how much I've gained but it's way more than I'd like on my body
I'm about to switch from depo to an IUD and I'm over all the weight gain. Depo is great at pregnancy prevention but weight gain is a HUGE side effect. It's not worth it anymore and I'm sick of all the extra weight.
I will have been on depo for three years in September. I started taking it because I had had my period for three straight months with no explanation. I was warned of the weight gain (thankfully) but at the time it didn't seem important since I was gaining weight anyways with my hormonal eating from my periods. I have gained about 15 pounds since I started, I attributed this to lack of exercise and poor diet (being a college student living alone at the time, I ate a lot of frozen "fast/easy" foods.)

However now, almost three years later, I've tried dieting and exercising multiple times to no avail. I eventually would get frustrated and "give up" since I never lost a single pound after weeks.

This "cycle" is happening again now. I have been exercising at least 5 days a week for about an hour a day (not much I realize but my philosophy is "it's better than the nothing I usually do"). Well 5 weeks later of exercising and really watching what I eat I have lost a grand total of 2 pounds. It is so depressing and frustrating! I am 5' 10" and now 153. I am thankful I didn't have the horror stories I read of gaining 100+ pounds in 6 months. But, it's still defeating nonetheless when trying and "failing".

I am probably going to stop the depo soon anyways (whenever my boyfriend gets around to proposing). But. Are there ANY tips on how to lose weight while still on the depo?

I read the low/zero carb suggestions and other pill/vitimin boosters... However, I am a type 1 diabetic and can't take anything that will throw off my body too too much.

Or do I just keep exercising for exercise's sake and be glad I'm not gaining astronomical amounts? Thanks for any help!
i am in the same situation right now i gained 15 pounds myself after i stopped my last shot of the birth control in november. i feel disgusted with myself i have no period i am scared i wont be able to have kids because of the depo shot, good thing i dont have a acne problem , the more i exercise the more i feel i gain weight . . i wish there was something to detox my body with, i was researching and it said that our bodys are acting as if they are pregnant so they retain the food to feed a "whoom" idk im just sad that i made the stupid decision to take it in the first place it could have already affect my reproduction system
Ok after reading through all these comments I don't feel so stupid....I have been on depo-provera since I was 15...I am now 32....I have gone off of it 2x...now let me tell you a bit of background...I never had regular periods (this is going to be TMI...sorry) but my periods were so heavy it was almost like I was passing blood clots...horrible pain...I found out that I have endometriosis....the doctors put me on Depo because this seems to be the only medicine that helps this....so of the 2x I have went off depo I had surgery on the endometriosis because it was overtaking my female organs....the 2nd time I couldn't bare the pain and ruining of my clothes...so I went back on it now for the last 2 years I have been asking my dr every time I go in for a shot if there is anything else I could go on and they have insited I stay on the depo because of what has happened in the past when I went off them...now when I did go off them my period came back very fast never had the waiting of months or anything like that....I have since been diagnosed with PCOS along with the endometriosis....I have gained so much weight and have tried so many diets and exercise like crazy...I retain water like excessive amounts I swell up like a balloon when I exercise...I have extreme pitting edema on my legs and arms....and still the dr say to continue this drug...my next shot is at the end of aug and I think I will stop this drug....I have tried diuretics and they did not help...I have done low carb while on this...nope nothing I have trained for a 1/2 marathon and didn't lose any weight....I now walk 4 miles a day and exercise everyday with watching my calorie intake...still can't lose any weight it's very discouraging.....they wont give me a hystorectomy because they say I am too young even though I do not want to have children of my own...I'm affraid the endometriosis will take over again....anyone have any suggestions....I'm struggling to keep my weight below 200# on my 5'7" body and with working out for months on end to not lose any weight is killing me I am extremely embaressed about the way I look...my lower legs are swollen all the time I have horrible cellulite now that I never had before and my what I call my bye bye arms are horrible....I am open for suggestions at this point if anyone knows of something that will prevent the symptomes of endometriosis other than depo I am all ears thanks for reading my post
I had my depo twice.I ddnt know of any side effects and I found out about them last month.I decided to stop using the injection.I recently had my periods for 2-3 weeks.and I have gained weight during the past month of being on the depo..my boyfriend is the one who adviced me to stop using it.but he hasn't seen how I look recently.I look like a hot air balloon.next week he is coming back for our engagement after a month of being away..I don't know how he's gonna feel about my weight gain.I'm so sad and regret taking the depo in the 1st place.
Good luck I gained 110lbs from that shot .tried everything didn't lose a pound.n15 months ago had gastric bypass surgery know cant gain it down to 90lbs from 230 im scared can anyone help me too.
I was on depo almost 17 yrs ago. I liked not having a period but noticed I was gaining weight so I quit. Than recently I start it again and have gained weight, too much. I was put on it by dr to gain weight cause I was only 88 pds at 30 yrs old
Hi I am doing this research for my sister and from what I have read. I think this pill is dangerous and everyone body is different but I think that coconut water and oil will help this too pertaining to weight lose and daily cleansing. And for all who go to the Doctor you are the consumer tell them what is wrong and demand a answer or go to sum one who will listen. Do not go to someone who don't give u results when u know that is something wrong.
Has there been any luck in your weight gain? I got on the shot too just so i can gain weight but nothing yet just my luck lol
Hi I was on the depo shot For a year and a hlf and stoped in September last year .It took maybe a month or two to lose weight but I didn't loose a lot  I went down from 134 135 to 129 130 ,and ever since I got to that weight it's been so hard to lose any more weight and I'm tired of being fat . Is there a reason why I'm not able to lose any weight, after I lost them few pounds I've been dieting and excercising every day for 30 to a hour workout for 8 months nothing !!????
Viewing 201-207 comments: