Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG - how to use it

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG - how to use it

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to make sure people know that there is not a pill form of HCG but there is an oral way to administer the very same  hcg that is used for injections.  The same hcg used in injections can be mixed to with b12, alcohol (like rum, vodka) or collodial silver to be taken by mouth under the tongue.  I've been experimenting with the hcg and dieting, and have successfully lost weight using cycling my calories and using hcg.  The vlcd is too low to not risk protein loss issues as well as ruining your health.  Calories can alternate, and I've lost 16 lbs in 4 weeks cycling.  If you need to purchase hcg you will have to either ask your primary care physician to approve a script, or you can purchase it overseas and have it mailed to you...takes about 4 weeks.  

Hcg is amazing, but it DOES NOT MAKE you lose weight....your dieting does all of that.  You also have to remember that using a high does of hcg does not mean you will lose more weight...in fact it can make you gain, so as you can see you have to be conservative on estimation of what you should be taking.

If you have questions....I will be happy to help if I can.

Thanks!
D.
-1 Comments Post a Comment
Can you please tell me what the formula is for mixing the hcg with B12 and vodka.

thanks
Are you trying to say that HCG does not help you lose weight but the VLCD does. in otherwards if i stop taking my 180mg INJ. but follow the VLCD and excersie I will lose weight. I have only been on it for 10 days and i have lost 10.5 lbs. 7 of which calculated out has fa loss not water.?
I have done alot of reading on the HCG. What it does is allow your body to work with the VLCD without putting it in shock. Therefore, no you could not do the VLCD without the HCG. If you use the HCG with diet and excercise, it works. I started it a few weeks ago and lost 11 lbs in two weeks. Good luck !
Believe it or not, my intentions are to try to help you all not make a terrible mistake. First off, you shouldn't take anyone's word for anything, especially on the internet. Research for yourself, and make sure they are credible UNBIASED sites. Here's a great place to start http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml. Notice at the bottom the references include FDA,FTC, and American journal of medicine. Now I understand your point of who cares as long it works, but if you understand what is actually happening, you may not be so quick to try it (and then again maybe you wouldn't care anyways), either way, let me try to shed some light on what's happening, and again do some research and figure this out for yourself. First off the reason you binge for the first 3 days on the diet is to increase water weight for more spectacular results once the diet starts. (glycogen which comes from carbs holds three times it's weight in water and protein holds four times so bingeing increases this dramatically whithin a short period of time). Second you will notice that you are then required to take walks outside, and use saunas as much as possible. Hmmmmmm wonder if that's to increase the water loss. Third the unlimited amount of coffee and tea is what gives you the energy you amazingly have on this diet. Caffeine also acts as an appetite suppressor. You would be amazed at how few calories your body can adjust to, and still be able to function without any use of drugs including hCG. Here's the problem. When you restrict your calorie intake so intensly you end up losing much of the weight in water (as much as 30 #), as well as lean mass and also fat, however the amount of fat compared to water and lean mass is small as your body enters "starvation mode" which triggers it to hold on to as much fat as possible because it is not receiving any through normal diet. Why is this bad? Lean mass is the only thing that burns calories, so when you decide to go off of this diet (which you will), you actually  have to eat much less for the rest of your life to maintain your weight. The only good thing about this diet is that it does teach calorie restriction and eating healthy foods plus excersize will cause weight loss, which is how a FEW people are able to maintain their weight loss, at least till now, but think of how much easier it would be to maintain if you didn't lose large amounts of your calorie burning mass and could eat hundreds of calories more per day for the rest of your life. Unfortunatly this diet is nothing more than a highly unhealthy restrictive diet that will compromise your natural body composition turning you in to a "skinny fat person" who still has all the health risks as before. At a minimum, if you must do this, at least spare your self the $50-150 a pop injections as it is proven that they do nothing and you will obtain the EXACT same results on just the diet. Don't forget how much money these so called Dr.s are making on this and make sure your sources are unbiased. Good luck to you all
Most of that is untrue. Maybe you should do some MORE research?
This is a basic unscientific explanation of how hcg works:
In a pregnant woman (which is where hcg is made) it works like this: no matter what the woman eats, the body figures that the fetus needs nourishment, so this hormone acts on the hypothalmus in the woman's brain to "unlock" the fat storage system. Basically, it "tells" the body to stop storing fat and metabolize it for the baby's development.
On the diet, it works pretty much the same but the amount of hcg is way less. The hormone acts on the hypothalmus telling the body to stop storing fat and start metabolizing it.
You eat more on the first two days to stock your body's fat stores(sounds strange and illogical but it works). Then when you start the very low calorie diet on the third day, your body knows that there is enough fat stores so it won't starve and starts to metabolize the previously unreachable abnormal fat stores. This fat metabolization gives your body about 2000 calories a day to live off of. Then when you add the 500 calories from the food you eat, you are actually using 2500 calories a day. (Pretty much enough for anyone to live off of) The 500 calories you consume is to keep you from protein deprivation and to supply your body with vitamins and minerals. Since your body is actually using 2500 calories a day, that is why most people do not experience hunger.
When people follow this protocol as prescribed by Dr. Simeons, they get into a state of ketosis. This means they are burning fat, NOT lean muscle mass. Also, for a lot of people, their blood sugars and cholesterol go down, making them MORE healthy.
At the end of the diet protocol when you reach your goal weight, the body is able to tell when it is full, so you naturally eat less. It is not based on will power at that point, but the proper working of the hypothalmus gland which prior to the diet was not working correctly as shown by all the fat storage.
This diet and hormone protocol really works but the FDA has not approved it. That is true, but WHY have they not approved it for weight loss? My guess is that most of what gets studied for approval by the FDA is paid for by the drug companies who want it to get approved. Therefore, since no drug company stands to profit from America breaking the obesity, diet, pill, surgery treadmill, no drug company will spend the money to research the great effects of this diet. And if I remember correctly, the FDA has not banned hcg it has said that it hasn't been proven to affect weight loss. That is a BIG difference.
Doitright you are wrong. You have not researched HCG enough to know what you are talking about. But you are right that everyone should research very much before starting a new product. Right on  got_nd. HCGAmerica, where can i find SPECIFIC directions for how to use my HCG drops i am ordering? thanks
I just joined and my question is has anyone out there used HCG with just eating any 500 cal. diet and lost wieght passed the two week mark. My sister in law is eating whatever she wants keeping cal. intake low and is lossing a pound a day. The other forum that I read said that would not work past two weeks, is that true? Thank you
It's very obvious that Doitright and many others here have never read Dr. Simeon's original mauscript from 1977 entitled "Pounds and Inches A New Approach to Obesity".  You can easily find it on-line for free.  It fully explains the treatment and will clear up much of the wrong information about the HCG protocol that is on the internet.  And for any of those thinking they can simply do the VLCD without HCG (or for longer then the allowed number of days) then what Doitright said about the dangers of a VLCD do apply.  Apart from that, Doitright has no clue about the real HCG protocol and the role the VLCD plays in the treament.