Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG & PREGNANCY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG & PREGNANCY

I really want to try the HCG injections but I would like to become pregnant in
2 yrs, I'm just scared the injections can cause problems.

If I do get the hcg injections when should I stop using them befor I become pregnant?

has anyone been using hcg for weight loss and got pregnant? (any problems)

If your on on hcg injections for weight loss and get pregnant is there a chance of birth defects or any medical problems?
ive read it can cause probs with becomming pregant..cause birth defects..etc....
You do realize that it is actually used in all the Fertility Clinics to assist women trying to get pregnant who are having difficulty on their own? Its part of the therapy.

The warning about using hCG is that there is a very rare, (and I mean *very* rare occurrence) that if you have a reaction to it, you may over stimulate your ovaries to release multiple eggs. Which is also a risk for women taking this for fertility treatment of course. However, women who are on the hCG therapy for infertility take about 15,000ui, where on the weight loss program you are taking around 125ui.  Big difference.

You cannot take hCG if you are pregnant. It has dangerous risks to the embryo,  and that's where I think fightu was trying to go with his misinformation.

As for if you can get pregnant on hCG, I would say that you have just as much chance to get pregnant taking it, as you would without it. Unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy no matter what meds you are on.

Just take precautions while dieting. I am sure everyone here is trying to lose the weight, not put more on anyhow. Being safe, best advice.

I have a  ? ...I was looking over the book...and every other page it says HCG will get of 'abnormal' fat...just what is abnormal fat.. ? and it says it will not touch structual fat....

and..in all fairness..so everything i read about birth defects and premature birth is false ? and why is it..everything you say seems to be 'RIGHT' and not the worlds top medical jounals..experts..and doctors ?? and im being seriouse....not being a jerk...thank you..
I just looked up hcg on the american medical associations online jurnals and they said its some hormone in the womans body that they produce while they are pregnant. I think it said its actually what the pregnancy sticks look for to determine if you are pregnant too. I know I used one of those sticks to find out of I was pregant, but I didnt know how it worked. Cool to find out how now.

Anyhow, I dont think it can be bad for you if they use it to get you pregnant in the hopspital or if its the thing they look for to see if you are. I also checked out a fertility clinics website and they did say they use hcg for woman trying to get pregnant, but they said they use alot more then Dr Simeons says to use. Maybe thats the difference?
did you see where it tells you it can causes premature births ? and birth defects...this is a scam..and not real....think about it..if so RX companys would make $$$$$$$$$$$$ your injecting yourself with the hormones from a pregant girls urine..tricking your body into thinking your pregant..why do pregant girls gain new weight ? and never lose it ?  must be fun for men huh..lol

Another strange obesity cure that was popular among physicians for a time was human chorionic gonadotropin (HGC), a type of growth hormone that was injected into patients. This treatment became popular in 1957, when Harper's Bazaar printed a diet -- "Slimming: A Roman Doctor's Treatment" -- that consisted of 500 calories a day for up to forty days, plus daily hormone injections. In the article, the physician, British endocrinologist A.T.W. Simeons, claimed his patients weren't hungry as long as they took shots of HCG, which is produced by the placenta and derived from the urine of pregnant women (variations on this treatment used the urine of pregnant rabbits and mares). It's the very hormone, in fact, that turns the stick blue on a home pregnancy test.

Human chorionic gonadotropin was legitimately used at the time to treat a condition called Fröhlich's syndrome, a hormonal imbalance that affects young boys, disturbing their sexual development, appetite, and sleep, and causing them to accumulate fat on the hips, buttocks, and thighs. Simeons reasoned that if the drug worked to melt away the fat on those boys with a rare genetic disorder, then it ought to do the same thing on normal, healthy women. The hormone, he wrote, would cause a "normal distribution" of fat on the body and would correct a "basic disorder in the brain." His diet book -- Pounds and Inches: A New Approach to Obesity -- included other gems of pseudo-medical advice, warning readers to eat no breakfast whatsoever, except for coffee, and to abstain from using any cosmetics or lotion on the body because it will be absorbed and added to the existing fat deposits in the body.

Simeon's treatment became all the rage; for a time, it was the most widespread medication given in the United States to lose weight, and was the main treatment used in eighty Weight Reduction Medical Clinics in California. Unfortunately, it didn't work: None of the mainly female patients seeking treatment, it turned out, were suffering from Fröhlich's syndrome. The medical establishment only started to become suspicious of the drug when reports surfaced that part-time doctors were being offered as much as $100,000 a year by weight-loss clinics to spend one afternoon a week sitting and writing pads of prescriptions for the drug.

In 1962, the Journal of the American Medical Association warned against the Simeons diet, saying "continued adherence to such a drastic regimen is potentially more hazardous to the patient's health than continued obesity." In 1974, the Food and Drug Adminstration required producers of HCG to label the drug with a warning against using it for weight loss or fat redistribution. In Canada, the Task Force on the Treatment of Obesity warned that the use of the hormone "touches on possible malpractice." Nevertheless, a few diet doctors continued with the treatment -- it is legal, after all, for physicians to prescribe medications for purposes that are not approved by the FDA -- often handing the patients the drugs and injection equipment so they could administer it themselves....

And human chorionic gonadotropin is still being peddled at conventions of diet doctors. In the exhibit hall at the American Society of Bariatric Physicians conference, I picked up a bottle of HCG and read the package insert. HCG, it said, "has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting this from caloric restriction." I asked the vendor whether the physicians buy for weight loss. He shrugged. "They buy it," he said. "It's up to them what they use it for."  

The FDA has been very clear about this: HCG is not a weight loss drug
I dont care if the fda says not approved because it means very little to me since half the herbal supplements I use say not fda approved. But they still work.
I dont want to take drugs, unless they are natural, like herbal supplements for my health,but I need to lose this weight. 7 months and only 20 pounds and starving myself isnt working. I cant live like this. Maybe you dont understand how it feels to be the fat girl at the party, but I do, and I cry all the time over this.
starving will never work..you are right...and i agree about supplements are not FDA approved but some work great...you forgot 1 thing though......the FDA does not...and can not regulate 'supplements' HCG is  DRUG
* did any of the so called experts tell you the weight comes right back after stopping...no one can eat 500 calories a day..an infant requires about 1,200....good luck to you..i see your on alot of posts looking for help..but your at a place where they 'claim' it works...you have spammers..wanna be fake doctors...liers..and frauds...go to real sites to learn about it..i have many atricles about HCG the truth..the facts from non selling ,non profit people..want them..look around here..or just ask me..my challenge still stands to the so called 'exprts' here..show  me proof..ill b-gone
*im still waiting
*im still waiting
but arent drugs synthetic? and hcg is natural?
check out this - www.healthychildbirth.com - It is an eBook with loads of exercises especially designed for the pregnant woman - It is called 'Fitness Designed For A Healthy Pregnancy'. I think there about 144 pages of illustrated exercises (which are all safe and non impact!), fitness guides and nutritional information. Everything is for pre and post birth too so it will last a long time and keep you in shape. Its great value too.... have a look ladies www.healthychildbirth.com.

I payed for it over paypal and it simply downloads to my computer in two formats! One is just like a magazine on your computer screen that you can flick through with your mouse. Its great!!

Gail
I've taken HCG injections and they work wonderfully.  I've never had problems and the weight stays off.  You can eat normally but you most be smart when you finish taking the injections.  You still need to eat healthy by eating protien, vegetables, and fruit but you can have pizza's and pasta in moderations.  It's really not hard to do. I encourage more people to try it.
Hi there.  I am wondering from your post whether you have done the hCG injections by themselves, without following any particular diet (which is what I'd like to try).  Also, for how long have you used hCG, and how much weight have you lost?  Thanks for sharing your experience.
where can i get the hcg treatments
***@****
my husband and myself have the book and would like to start it but we live in canada and are having problems getting hcg please email me at ***@****
please email me at***@****
Do the HCG pills work just as good as the injections?
I want to use it for weight loss
Where do you get these hCG injections. Please let me know.  I have been desperately trying to loose 80lbs for years.  Email me at ***@****.  Thanks in advance for your help.  I think the FDA is full of you know what..they just want to supress us and keep us fat for their own pockets.  
I forgot to add that I read both of the Kevin Trudeau books and have done a lot of what he reccomends and truly feel the difference.  
I also live in Canada and I'm having problems finding a doctor who will prescribe hCG to me. Do you know of anyone in the Vancouver area or anyone in Canada.  Please email me at emil_be***@****
I have also read Kevin Trudeau's books and I want to find a doctor in Canada who can prescribe hCG to me. emil_be at shaw dot ca
I would like to start on the HCG injections I have about 75 lbs to lose. I cannot find a doctor that will do it. Did you find out anything about buying the HCG. I found that there are several websites that sell it but I am scared to buy it from a website. Please email me at ***@****
Im married for 9 months and wanted to conceive ASAP, I just had my HCG inj. 1000iu IM with often visit to my Gyne Doc. for U/S to watch for egg growth. I hope I'll get pregnant this time. (I didn't know that HCG can actually reduce weight, I hope it does. Sorry for my ignorance). though Im trying to conceive a friend of mine told me that there's a meds for losing weight (fast) its Citrikrom (herbal and no side effect) I bought it but didn't start taking yet. I am still in doubt to take the meds, because of the Hcg inj. i took or might affect my pre-prenancy plan. Can anyone tell me(further) if its ok to take CITRIKROM pill? PLEASE HELP!
I take Phendimetrazine Tartrate 35mg three times a day and have never had kids.
I am 39
I was told this diet pill has poss of birth defects and to not get preg on it.
I think great! I want to lose lbs. I lost 20 in two months strickt diet not prob I am NEVER hungry on these pills. I get routine cardiac assesment multivitamin and lab work as well as ekg. The old formula gave people heart issues.
I would like to go off this one and not get FAT so I thought maybe I should try this HCG because I am older and would like to have a kid. I have only had miscarriages in the past and it sounded like a win win. Become fertile and be lean.
So why the heck would it cause pre mat births I mean scientifically WHY? If it is what your bod produces anyway when your preg?
I dont need any problems so maybe I should just resign myself to never having kids and get a lot of therapy, and pets.
My parents have a cosmetic laser clinic in Gresham, OR and they have the HCG products.  I did the diet and was successful as well.  It is called Gresham Cosmetic Laser if anyone is interested in checking it out (my father is a physician so it is supervised).
You can find facts about HcG here: http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-hcg-for-weight-loss
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/MedicationHealthFraud/ucm281834.htm

Basically, HcG is a natural, female hormone that stimulates release of eggs, so it is used as a fertility drug. It also supresses appetite (in some people) which is why it is typically used in conjunction with a very low calorie diet. The dosages used in diet injections are not nearly the amount used in fertility treatment, however, it does increase your chances of getting pregnant. Once you get pregnant, HcG shots should be discontinued since your body will produce healthy amounts needed for the fetus and you'll want to start a healthy 2000+ calorie diet.