Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG AND WEIGHT GAIN???!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG AND WEIGHT GAIN???!!!

Ok Im having a really hard time on this diet. I go to a doctor supervised clinic and i get shots 6 days a week with 1 day off. I started the shots on the 26th of october weighing in at about 172 and i did 3 days of binge eating and man wa that hard...especially since hcg curbs your appeatite. Anyways when i started the actual 500 calorie diet i was losing a pound a day and then on the 4th i lost 3 pounds then the 5th and 6th i lost nothing. So i went in to my doctors office to get more shots and weigh in and I had lost about 10 pounds from gaining the 4 from the binge diet and then losing the other weight. I had lost 5 pounds of pure fat and gained a pound of pure muscle...odd but thats how it happened. So now the 7th and 8th which is today ive gained back 2 dang pounds!!!! And the dumb docs office just says well maybe ur pregnant..well my husband and i have been very careful using condoms and everything. so i took a preg. test and it was obviously negative..but im still gaining weight for whatever reason!!! I havent done anything different diet wise and i even cut out melba toast and ate less fruit yesterday. Could it be my period????? im not supposed to start until the 13th and thats early for most, im every 24 days most of the time. Im ready to give up and say forget this starving myself cra p. I need some advice/encouragement/anything lol please help me
candace
don't give up.  I have read a lot of posts that this is pretty normal.  Especially if you are getting ready to have a period.  It very well could be water weight due to your period.  I am surprised your doctors office was so cavalier about the response they gave you.  Simeons talks about plateaus and says that even though you are not seeing a weight drop on the scales, you are still losing weight.  The most important thing is to eat everything you are suppose to.  Have you tried the "apple day" as suggested by Dr. Simeon.  I have done the program once and lost 42 lbs. and have now started it again so it is possible to lose.  Just don't give up hope yet.  Do you have access to a diuretic?  If not, then try the apples before you give up hope.  I will be here to cheer you on.......Tuckerr
aww thanks for your support that means a whole lot! I asked the doctors if i should do an apple day and he said no..i was like umm ok..So yesterday i had about 2 ounces tops of meat a few vegies and and apple and a few strawberries and this morning i had lost almost 4 pounds lol soooo i guess i just have to eat nothing and it will come off lol. I am about to start my period as well though so im sure the weight will come up again before it goes back down. I will try an apple day next time i have issues with this. Thanks for your help and congrats on your weightloss
candace
starving yourself will make you lose weight on HCG or just normaly i wouldnt starve myself if i were you the weight you will gain back once you start eating wont be pretty :( i would think about eating a little more and do some workouts