Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG Diet Needles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG Diet Needles

I am waiting for my hcg to start my diet.  I am nervous about getting the needles.  One person I know got them at a pharmacy, locally.  Although you really don't need a prescription for them, I am still nervous about going in.  What do I say to the pharmacy?
I'm not sure where you are located, but in Washington state, I have been able to go into the pharmacy at Walmart and just ask for insulin needles please. I need the 31 gauge, 8mm, 3/10 capacity insulin needles please. They are allowed to sell  you their store brand without a prescription and they are only like 13-15 dollars for a box of 100.

(It is important to know the correct size of needle. The gauge is the thickness of the needle. The smaller the gauge, the thicker the needle. The thinner the needle, the less painful it is for the injections. We have always used a 31 gauge. The 8mm size is the length of the needle. You do not need a very long needle for the subcutaneous injections which is why we always have used the 8mm. -If you are doing intramuscular, you will need a longer needle with a thicker gauge to reach the muscle. I don't know the correct size for that application. - The capacity is just how much medicine will fit in the syringe. Since people are only injecting 125 - 250 IU of hcg, the 3/10 capacity works very well. The markings are easy to read for such a small dose.)

(When my husband sells hcg to people, he sends the needles and swabs and everything you need with the hcg.)