Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG Injection - Safe?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG Injection - Safe?

I'm considering the hcg injections. I weigh between 145 and 150. I would like to be ~125 / 130. I heard there is a clinic in Shelby NC giving the hcg injections. Can anyone tell me why they are not FDA approved? Does anyone know the side effects? Where a practice gets the hcg? How well is it tested (since it is from "human stuff")? What if the "human" had diseases? I really want to do it, but kind of scared? Someone out know the answers?? Thanks for all your help! curiousgirl06
I'm in my late 20's and it would be nice to feel like a teenager again (and maybe look like one too!).  Thanks for the response..you helped clear up the questions I had.
Has anyone here ever visited Dr. Martin in Ackworth GA?

Thanks!
If you don't see a response here for whatever reason---please email me at ***@****
A doctor in Cherryville told my friend yesterday that it is a physicians assistant in Shelby that is giving the shots. She
was taking phentermine by itself and she said that it made her
heart flutter. Anyway, she is thinking about taking the shots-the doctor actually said that he would recommend it. She's just not sure about the side effects. If I find out the doctors name I will post it on this web site if it allowed-if not I could e-mail you. One thing the doctor told her was that these shots are
being heavily researched again before all doctors start to push them for weight loss.
I joined Totally Fit 4 Life 1920 East Marion Street Shelby NC. on monday.Had the shot and phentermine 37.5 I can allready see a diffrence in the way my shorts fit.Oh The number is         704-481-0295 The PA name is Debra powell PA. They not only give you the HCG shot but they also give you a guide on things to eat,supplements to hance the diet pills it is avery good program the only side efects are (A) brest tendreness (1 outof 200 patients)and very rarely (B)Menstrual irregularities (1 in 5) If you have had a history of breast cancer ovarian cancer, or endometrial cancer you should not take this. It is used as a fertility drug but you have to take a much higher dose you would have to get 140 shots at one time to for increased fertility. The cost of the first vist is $150.00 to get the shot it is $10.00 and the pills you get is $14.96 for #30 at the pharmacy. total cost for every thing is $174.96 If you are like me I try to lose 15 20 lbs and I spent about $60.00 on the online meds that dont work like the hoodia pills.and nevre lose the weight. this time I can REALLY see the diffrence in 5 days. Oh and you can take the shot1 x or 2x a week.and i do like that so i can lose faster. Good luck with this im sure if you chose to join then you will see a big change.
Concern Care Dist. Has HCG brand name and generic. They are a national dist. 888.995.7207 ext 0221
does any one know what to get HCG shots in Milwaukee Wisconsin area.or on line
Do you know if they have a clinic in Houston, Texas?  I would so like to try it.  Have anyone did their reseach on the hypothalmus gland?  I have read up on it and it sounds interesting. I am so desperate to lose about 40 pounds.  If anyone knows of a clinic in houston, please post it.
THERE IS A FEW CLINIC IN THE HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREA THE NUMBER IS1-888-301-1004.  I WENT TO THE ONE IN BAYTOWN YESTERDAY AND STARTED THE SHOTS AND WEIGHT LOSS.
VERONICA
Does anyone know where I can get the HCG Injections in the Maryland Area?
Anyone know where to get injection treatments in the Upstate NY area? I'm very interested. Thanks!
Judithlucille
Hi I was wondering if you could update me on the results. Are you going to the Weight loss, cosmetic & surgical centers of America? I'm using Dr. Eugene Kang and I've lost 6lbs in 1 week.
I have an appointment in Baytown tomorrow and I am really excited.  Please post updates on your progress...I am interested.

Cheyenne
Hi does anyone know where i can get the hcg shots in pgh pa area?
Looking for hcg shots in pgh pa or close by or online????
I have the weight loss cure book.....I would like to start the program ASAP!!
Hi all!  I went to the new place in Baytown yesterday.  Has anyone had success so far?  Im desperate to lose baby weight soon!
GO TO WWW.NATURAL CURES.COM AND THEY HAVE A NUMBER YOU CAN CALL TO SET YOU UP WITH THE SHOT ONLINE.
That # is GHI medical @ 877 721 1200
I'm looking for HCG shots near DC?????
Let me know how you are doing...I am going back to Baytown next Wednesday afternoon.  So let me know how you are doing and I will do the same.

Cheyenne2
Can you tell me which clinic in Baytown is offering the shot?
Could someone please tell me where the Baytown clinic that offers the HCG shot is located?
Dr. Nickels in Milwaukee, WI offers the hCG program to her patients, even out of state patients.
www.drnickels.com
what is hcg. and how does it wrk to help you loose weight. is it the same as b12 vitamin.  which onw works better
Hi, I'm reading the book "The weight loss Cure" they don't want you to know about. I'm looking for a doctor or a clinic that will give me the HCG injection, I live in Bayside NY thats in the Queens area. if you have any info pleaseeeeeeee, pleaseeeeeee, someone let me know, any info will be greatly appreicated.

After doing a research for over more than 2 or 3 month about the HCG, I've decide to get on the program myself, I will place my order today as soon as I pick up my check from my employer... anyway I have only one concern, which till this day I cannot find it out anywhere, hope that any of you could help me out.

After placing my order, today I will be expecting to get it in about 3 -4 weeks. Probably by the end of April. I have applied to a new job, but my only concern is that they do a drug test like any other regular job, does the shots will affect me to get the job... or..
Will hcg weight loss shot cause to come up a drug test positive?

I'm a:
male
24
5"'9
245-250 lb.

Goal 180.

Prior to this I use to be very active with myself, work out every day, use to be in water polo team, swim team, and other sport activities. But every since I started a professional life style, I did not take care of my body as I use to.

Thank you all for your help...

Hope to hear from you soon..

Oscar ...
can anyone tell me if there is a dr that is giving the hcg shots in jacksonville, fl?
I am frightened by all of this desire to get injections to lose weight. There was only one doubleblind study done in south africa in the 90's that showed there was no stastical difference in the hcg group and the control group. This means that when no one knew what they were getting, there was no difference. So inject sterile saline and reduce youir caloric intaks, exercise and save your money. Joy
I just started taking the shot on wed. in the a.m. and weighed on thursday in early p.m. I could not believe it but i was 5lbs. lighter. I had heard of a few people who work with my hubby taking it and losing weight like crazy so I thought I would try it. I tried to research it and found little info, but do know hcg injections are given for other medical reasons so I am hoping it is safe! I am folowing a restricted calorie diet but I feel I can stick with it if I can see a loss. It cost me $300. for a month supply and visit, and i inject once a day around the same time. P.S. I am 52 years old so this is crazy, I didnt lose this fast when I was young!
hi.ive just begun takeing my HCG shots daily along with the 500 calorie a day meal.i am going through a weight loss clinic,and a naturoph dr is there,but it is supervised by a medical dr.i dont know anyone who has been on this diet and was wondering if anyone would tell me how they are doing on the diet,or how they made out,and do you keep the weight off after the diet.any info would be appreciated so much !
My wife is going to begin this program, we are in Wilmington NC. I have seen and heard about mostly all diets,and cook for my wife on a regular basis. so I hope you all can understand when I say Im a little concerned about side effects, anyone know or here of anything strange or dangerous? thanks. Mr.Brantley
Get out and go exercise people. You say you don't have enough time? Go to bed earlier and get up earlier to exercise. One of the biggest problems for people is that they "cheat" as they try to lose weight. They workout then go stuff their face with fatty foods/snacks. They continue to drink soda and other high sugar drinks and they wonder why they can't seem to lose anything after they workout.

You know what the sad part is? Is that here in the US (yes I am American born and raised) WE HAVE one of the lowest life expectancy rates in the world. You know what the number one killer in the the US is? Heart Disease. I wonder why? So you sit there and take injections without exercise...what is that doing for your heart? You aren't keeping your heart rate up to help make your ticker stronger that's for sure...and the REASON you're also losing so much weight is that you're only consuming 500 calories a day. You know what you're doing? Starving yourself which is forcing your body to attack fat instead then moving onto your muscles. People who starve themselves will end up getting dark circles under their eyes and will not have as much energy and will always be cold. Wow, I can't believe 500 calories a day. All I can say is watch how much you eat, what you eat, and go exercise...problem solved. There are people out there who have weighed 400 lbs and lost it all just doing the above (eating right, getting enough sleep (8 hrs), and exercising). I blame the people for being lazy and that's the reason why Americans have one of the lowest life expectancies in the world.

If you really think about it what does this "program" teach? What I get from it is this. Hey take this injection which will cause your body to burn your body fat faster than normal but at the same time STARVE yourself! So what happens once your off of the program? What did you learn? Did you LEARN to cook healthy meals? Did you learn new exercises to keep your body from same exercise routine? Did learn just how much you need to eat in a day to keep your body going? Most likely not. Stop being lazy and do things the right way because even though you may not feel it ..your body does.
I enjoyed your commentary on exercising.  But I respectfully disagree.  I have worked out my whole life.  I am doing a triathalon this summer.  But when I turned 30 (a few years ago now) I gained 15 lbs in one year and did nothing different.  I still exercised, I was still careful about what I ate (I always have been) and still gained 15 lbs.  I still work out 4x/wk minimum and eat a very  healthy diet and have yet to take the weight off.  I feel that the HCG is a good alternative to kicking your body into another gear. It sounds like you are pretty perfect though and may not need this and that's fine.  Just don't knock everyone else who may choose it.  You don't know people's motivations and shame on you for thinking that everyone is just a lazy slob who wants the easy way out.  
Amen to that!  Same exact thing happened to me.  I eat healthy, I exercise 3-4 times a week for at least 60 minutes, very active into sports...and gained 15lbs when I hit 30....NEVER could get it to come off.  I turned 40 this past summer, and like clock work.....an additional 15 lbs came on since then!  SO now 30lbs heavier with healthy diet, exercise, and an active lifestyle.  Not everyone has a great metabolism or genes......this is worth a try.  I just started and am on my 2nd day of injections.  We will see how it works.  I have 3 friends that have tried it.... all had great success and it stayed off!  One is a Doctor, one is a nurse, and the other is a surgeon (NO BS).  If they did it and felt it was effective, I would think it's at least worth a try.  They did it over 1+ years ago at different times, and NO WEIGHT GAIN back......go figure.  Best of luck to the other folks trying it too!  The people with doubt, clincally study or not.....haven't even tried it.  Come back and post when you have experienced it or met someone that has.  Results don't lie.
I swear by this diet!  I lost 75 lbs 3 years ago and have maintained (with the exception of a little fluctuation over the holidays)...after my kids I was never able to lose all the weight and then still gained more with each kid (I have 4).  I looked in the mirror one day and was shocked at what I saw! Makes no sense because I look in the mirror several times a day, but THIS day was my wake-up call!  I started HCG immediately and dropped 33 lbs in 40 days.  Started again in 6 wks and lost another 18lbs in 23 days, took a break and so on and so forth until it was all gone!  The best part about this was that even in my young, "fit and thin" days, I could never lose weight in certain places...my inner thighs, my "tire," and chubby cheeks, for starters.  With HCG I was able to lose weight in those places that I was genetically prone ( yes, this is a medically proven fact that genetics determines where we all store our fat) to always be "bigger." Those who preach "eat less and excercise" are very narrow-minded in their thinking.  They need to realize that no matter how faithful many people do this, everyone's metabolism is different and the 10 lbs one could drop in a month of this type of "healthy" lifestyle would take another 6 MONTHS to lose!  I'm all about results....why drag something out longer than necessary just to prove to know-it-all's that you aren't "lazy?"

I do have a question for any medical professional (or anyone else who's had this same question and received an answer) who may be reading...can a person become "immune" to the weight loss effects of HCG if taken off and on for a long periond of time?  As I said above, I tend to stop worrying about what I eat over the holidays and put on about 10 lbs, then later do HCG to lose it.  Is this healthy/unhealthy?  Thanks for anything anyone has to offer on this subject!