Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG Protocol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Viewing 201-209 comments:
done with round one- lost 15 pounds and now monitoring to make sure it stays off

i have not had any issues with hair loss at all

hunger now starting to creep back, but i have noticed my stomach has definitely shrunk because if i eat a "regular" sized meal i get a bad stomachache---a good thing because it keeps me balanced!
Are in in Phase 3 or are you done with that? I have about a week to go before I am done with Phase 2. I am still hoping to reach my goal of 30 lbs but my weight loss has slowed down a bit. I am at 25 lbs lost but it is now taking me 2-3 days to lose 1 lb. I know that is because at first I had a lot of fat to lose and now not so much. Not that I'm complaining. lol

I have started researching what I can eat in Phase 3 and trying to get some new recipes. Frankly, even before I started this I was trying to start new recipes. Darn that Food Network. Anyway, one thing that I have done a lot more during Phase 2 is use a lot more spices and herbs. Also, I am not at my total weight goal but I don't think I will do HCG again just because I will be fairly close so I am hoping to lose the rest by diet and exercise. Unfortunately, during Phase 3, they recommend you not trying to lose more since this is the stabalizing phase. So I am not supposed to lose more than 2 lbs than my weight when I complete Phase 2. I am pretty excited though because even if I don't lose the 30 lbs I will still be within 10 lbs of my goal weight.  

If you have any ideas on how to make Phase 3 easier let me know. I am going to do the Miracle Noodles for pasta and I read about this bread that isn't made with flour so I will try that. I have to look up the name.
I will start my hcg on monday after memorial day 2010, I have'nt recieved it yet but I want to be prepare with a menue and all.I cant afford a clinic and  I wil be doing this my self so any suggestion any one can give will help. I have ordered the homeopathic hcg so I dont know how good it will work, has any one use that before ?
......Also my biggest obstickle is my husband,he wants to be an authority on every thing and when sees me on the menue , he will insist I eat what he thinks is needed to lose weight. Bye the way he is over weight and gives me a hard time one minute for being big 5'4'' at 198 and the next he tells me I am just fine.(Skttzy) any comments or suggestions will help!
Hey everyone.  I am new.  Just started the 500 calorie diet today.  I think I am doing pretty well.  I do see a doctor and he is located in Dallas.  I use the cream. I am excited to see what happens in the morning.  Looking forward to a loss.
Yes, I am on phase three.  I didn't really lose in the end on phase 2- my body must have maxed it's tolerance.  I am holding steady and maintaining my weight, which is always the true test.  I was so worried it would skyrocket when I started eating normally again.

I am staying on phase 3 for about 8 weeks then will do another round.  I am still about 30 pounds away from my goal weight, although I would be very happy with another 20!

For the next 2 months my goal is to maintain what I worked so hard to lose and reset my hypothalamus to make this my newest "set weight".  :)
Hope everyone is doing well.  I was so excited this morning when I weighed I had lost 4 pounds.  I have broken the 220 pound barrier.  No matter what I could never get below that.  I had lost 17 pounds with Nutriasystem but it took me months. (Jan.-April)  So tomorrow I will be looking for more to be gone.  I will be happy if it is a half of a pound.  I have a couple of events this weekend but I know I will do fine.  I am not going to let food get the best of me.  

My doctor told me about a cold drink by the name of Zevia made with stevia.  It is not too bad.  Tastes like Dietrite cola.  (I was a diet coke nut.)  He also told me not to touch any kind of oil or oily foods.  So when I cook bacon for my family I am going to wear plastic gloves.  Does anyone have any other tidbits that may make a difference?  
congratulations!!!  i love the sobe light (0 calorie) drinks.  my doctor approved them and it was easy to get in my 100 ounces of water a day with those- i often went over.

they also helped my body to "flush" out toxins-in other words, it worked like an herbal tea and i was never constipated.  they also have them with B12 in them- and i noticed a slightly higher weight loss when i drank 2 of those a day as part of my liquid intake.

as much as i was ready to go back to normal eating, i am looking forward to another round to drop some more weight.  i lost 15 pounds, and I am only 5'0" tall- so to do that in a month is UNBELIEVABLE.  i have done the weight watchers, the slim fast, and so many other diets to lose maybe 4-5 pounds a month max...and that included exercise to the max!  

keep it up- you are doing great!!!

Thanks for the info on the other drink.  I might be able to find that in my area.  I picked up the other in Dallas and I am 4 hours from there.  I too know how it is to be short I am only 5'1 1/2"  and it is so dishearting to loose so little and work so hard.  I am down another 3.6 pounds this morning.  I am not hungry and I enjoy what I eat so far.  I have always been a soft drink nut but I have not craved my usual diet coke.  I am amazed.  

I am also blessed to have a supportive family.  My husband and daughter are going to go on the protocal in about a week.  My husband works in the gulf 2 weeks at a time so he has to get home before he can begin.  My daughter is going to start when he does.  My son is the weight he needs to be so he just eats what we do but in larger portions of course I add a potato or something for him.  He needs it because his job is very energy consuming.  

What amazes me is that I feel so good not like the other diets where you could eat a cow if it walked by.

Again thanks for the encouragement.  I am glad you are doing so well and that I have  somewhere to go and ask questions and find support.  Keep up the good work and soon you will be were you want to be.
I did my last injection yesterday. I am 5'3" and started at 171 and today I am at 142.6. The funny thing is I plateaued for awhile and was only losing about 0.4 lbs a day and the last two days I have lost 1 lb each day. I was very happy about his because my weight loss goal was 30 lbs and I am just short of that.

I have my final weight in/measurement with my Dr. today. I can tell you that I know the inch loss is dramatic. I was wearing a very tight size 12. I am now in a size 8 or lose 10. My weight was most in my belly and legs and the belly is pretty much gone(other than still needing a tummy tuck from my c-section lol). I saw a friend yesterday at the movies that I had not seen a few months and she was asking me what I had done to lose so much weight. That is the first thing she said.

I have been researching things to eat during Phase 3. I am going today to buy Julian bread, quinoa, Miracle Noodles, and sugar free condiments. I think the hardest part will be when I go to visit my family mid June for a graduation party. We are a typical hispanic family where tortillas are used as spoons. I will be taking my stuff with me to make meals easier and to let them try them. They are hesitant to new things but usually like them after. They now LOVE hummus and pesto sauce. Hopefully I can give them a few more healthy ideas to try.

I'm wishing everyone well. Remember there is a reason you are doing this and, as someone who told me that I was cheating by doing it the "easy" way, this may not be easy (although not as hard as I expected) but it is definately worth it.  
Hey,

I have had a bad day.  This is my 5th day on the 500 calorie diet and I blew it.  I was so hungry.  Started being hungry yesterday evening.  I am going to forgive myself and start again tomorrow on the straight and narrow.  Did put a call into my doctor to ask if this was normal.  I also have a headache that won't wait.  Has anyone used sweet n low on this diet?  My doctor told me to use stevia but I am wondering if it is giving me the head ache.  Will see how things go tomorrow.  
If you are getting headaches it may be due to a couple of things. Number 1, if you did not load properly than you will experience headaches and hunger. It could also be that you are not drinking enough water. You have to drink the recommended amount and if you are getting headaches drink more. This will also help with the hunger. While I was doing Phase 2 (I officially start Phase 3 tomorrow) I had cucumbers and radishes cut up to snack on or I would eat an extra apple or melba toast. Keep some of the "free" foods handy and when you get hungry reach for those. This helped me and, although I cheated a few times, I can say that by doing this I didn't totally blow it. As I said in an earlier post, it is better to cheat a little than totally blow it. I still believe that.

As far as Stevia, that is the only sweetner that can be used according to the protocol. I think your headaches might be due tot the other factors than the Stevia. Best of Luck and keep on going. Do not get discouraged but just think about why you are doing this.

Thanks for the information and the encouragement.  I got back on track and I have not  gained but 2 pounds and I have lost .4 of that.  Not much but better than gaining.  I am using the stevia.  My doctor told me any other sweetner would keep me from losing.  He also gave me the name of two others I may use if I  can't find the stevia.  But I looked at some other stores and found some stevia that taste good.  Truvia is the pits, it has a bad after taste to me.  The other two sweetners are xylitol and erythritiol.  I found gum at the health food store that I can chew and a hard candy.  I got the candy for just when I might just need something.  I haven't tried it yet.  The gum is good it is called Spry.  My headache is gone now and I have uped my water intake.  Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better loss than today.  I do feel better and I have plenty of energy.  Just don't want to do what I need to do.  

You said you had free foods I haven't seen those on my list.  What are they?  I hope you do well on phase 3.  Again thanks for the encouragement.    
I really liked the Zevia Lemon Lime Twist (I think that was the name of the flavor). What I noticed, though, was that with Coke, I used to drink up to 3 cans at a time, but with the Zevia, I usually could only drink one can (if that) at a time. That really helped me to drink less soda!
Why are you not eating red meat? On our program, we recommend the beef as actually being one of the better protein choices. (It is higher in B-12 than chicken or fish). We have had people successfully losing weight eating lean beef. The hunger issues and cravings might be helped out a little by adding the beef back in (unless you have an allergy or something).
UGH! I wish I could get everyone to stop taking any form of artificial sweeteners! Please do some research on any chemical sweetener you are planning on putting in your body. google Dr. Joseph Mercola - he has a lot of info on his website about this topic.

Splenda is made from sugar. It is basically chlorinated sugar. I'm not a scientist, and I don't really understand the chemical process that it goes through, but I wouldn't drink my chlorinated pool water, and I certainly don't want to drink any chlorinated sugar. (They were actually trying to invent a new pesticide when they discovered Splenda(sucralose) by accident.)
Hey,
I have stopped using anything other than the stevia.  I drink the zevia with my supper.  It is like a treat.  I usually drink water or tea.  Lots of water.  I think that the splenda was the reason I went crazy on Tuesday(or it was just me) I drank some coffee with it on Monday at my sisters.  I thought it want hurt for a couple of packs.  I have never liked splenda and I have read that it just makes the body crave food and sweets.  I will say I don't crave the soda like I have in the past.  I am back down to the weight I was before I went crazy and had to eat.  I have also noticed that I don't wake up at night wanting to eat and that is a plus.  I do sleep well except for when I have to get up to go to the bathroom and I think that is from drinking water up until I go to bed.  That's ok that is that much more impurities out of my body.  

As far as post about red meat.  I made that discovery myself.  It is more satisfying than chicken.  I haven't eaten any fish.  So I usually have low fat (97 %) gound meat and steak.  I have kitchen sissors I use to trim any fat from the steak.  It satisfies.

So far I am down 8 1/2 pounds and I am hoping to get down another pound tomorrow.  Now getting up every morning and getting on the scale is a joy instead of the old feeling how much have I put on now.  Don't mind it at all.  

I am so glad to have found the forum.  I really appreciate all of you that have walked the path before to help me on my journey.
I am on day12 of the VLCD (day 14 of the hCG injections).  I have been experiencing a very new sensation that I was wondering if anyone else has had.  The skin over my entire body feels tingly like a light electic current is running through it.  It also feels usually cool.  Usually I have to keep my A/C on 68-70 or I turn into Mrs Hyde!  Now, I can tolerate 75 with no problem.  The tingling feeling doesn't hurt or anything, I just never felt it before.  It's very noticeable on the backs of my hands, my front and back of my legs and tops of my feet, the back of my upper arms . . . weird.

******************************************************************************************************

I have lost 13 lbs in 12 days . . . 13 inches also!  Yippee.  I thought I would gnaw off my knuckles during the first week (totally psychological, not true stomach hunger).  Now, I can forget to eat sometimes and look up and it's like 3:30 in the after noon!
I am in Phase 3 as of last Thursday morning. Unfortunately, we had a couple of work functions and a church function that I attended since than and, although I tried to be good, I did cheat. Yesterday I had gained 2.6 lbs over my VLID weight so I did a steak day. I was disappointed with myself and nervous that maybe the steak day wouldn't work. I do not want to gain the weight that I worked so hard to lose. This morning I was down 2.2 lbs and so happy. I have resolved to be better about following the Phase 3 plan. This morning I had an omelet with sauteed peppers and onions plus half a grapefruit. I am actually pretty full. I even started making my dinner which is a turkey breast in the crockpot. I like to prepare stuff in advance because this helps to keep me fron cheating. I am going to cut my veggies later and I have a lot of fruit on hand so maybe that will keep me from cheating.

I hope everyone is doing well with their plan.
i have found that the best results come from sticking to protocol 100%  since i started.. only 9 days ago. i am down 10 lbs and 1 inch in all measered areas..

what i did was get a note book and go to teh P& I and pick from the list of allowed foods..what i like.. then i made a menue of sorts of what i want to eat together.. i made a schedule for my day.. and i do NOT go over 500 cals ever. most times i am under by 50 to 100...
do not eat the same protien 2x in one day..as well as the same fruit or veggie.. drink TONS of water.. u can never have too much..
I also add acv to anything i possibly can.. and drink 2 oz a day..
I drink OOOLONG tea.. and i take detox baths.. it has been awesome.. I hope this helps and you can pick up your loss... good luck
I have only gained 0.4 lbs from my VLID weight in 8 days. I have cheated a little and did one steak day. The other days I have been pretty good and eating items from my list. It is nice to have a little more variety even if as simple as adding olive oil to food or different items to add to salad. I am going on vacation Sunday to visit family with my kids so hopefully I will be able to keep it up. I already have a list of food items that I am taking with me. I figure I can buy the basics there if my Mom doesn't have them but take some things that I have so it won't be such a huge expense. I am taking my Waldens BBQ sauce, dressings, and mayo plus stevia packets, organice green tea, and a few packages of frozen organic meats. I'm sure I will think of more as I pack but I really want to try to keep up with Phase 3.

The best thing about losing the weight is that I was cleaning my closet out and found a pile of jeans and capris that I had put away a few months ago never thinking they would fit me anytime soon. Here it is just about 3 months later and they all fit. It's like getting a whole new wardrobe. That is why I told my Dr. when I started the HCG diet that I could either pay for a new wardrobe in a bigger size or pay for the HCG and fit into my wardrobe in a smaller size. I definately think I made the right choice. :)
Benny0147
Do you have a website where you can offer more info re: hcg knowledge.
Thank you allaboutedge for you post a couple of weeks ago.  My appointment is on Friday, I had researched it for over a year then my doctor sadly passed away!! Its taken me six months to find a new person I feel comfortable with.

Your post "It is designed to give you a head start on the weight loss without too much backtracking like other diet fads. " is basically how I feel.  When I was born at three pounds two ounzes I was still the fat twin.  Activity kept me trim until my thirties, when I got married I fell into the trap of not having enough time to focus on myself.  I lost 10 pounds last year, not much but 2010 is the first year I started the new year off weighing less than the previous new year since 2004 or so.  

I have read the negative posts here and respect it but as you worded it better than I, I am mostly looking for a reset I am fully aware I will have to do the rest myself.  Last year I focused on just NOT gaining and I did it plus a bit.  So I know when I am done with the protocol and can keep it up and that is what I wanted to do.

Thanks all for the posts.
Where can you buy prescription strength, not homeopathic strength, hcg sublingual drops? Does anyone have reliable information about this?
Thanks in advance.
I am Type 1 diabetic (insulin dependent since I was 7). Currently 38 years old and need to lose about 50-60 lbs. I ordered the HCG drops from a top rated seller on eBay for about $20. I have followed Dr. Simeons diet almost to the T for about 1 week and I have lost 7 lbs so far. The only mistake I made is only doing 1-1/2 load days because I could'nt stuff myself anymore and my blood sugar was completely out of control. I will plan better for that one next round because I've had some hunger, I just need less sugary fats I think. Interesting thing is that I skipped my Lantus (24-hour basal insulin) last night because my sugar was 120 and I was afraid of getting too low and having to cheat on the diet. This morning, my blood sugar is 133...with no insulin. I'm amazed and shocked. I feel really good too except for some nagging hunger pangs. I have not been exercising in an attempt to keep my blood sugar from getting too low.
I finished Phase 3 of the HCG diet today. I weighed 0.4 lbs less than my VLID weight. I was very happy with that since last week I did eat bread, tortillas, pork, and other items which are not recommended. I only ate small portions of the items but I think the most important thing was that on those days I drank lots of water. So other than the one steak day on like day 2 of Phase 3 I never went over the 2lbs. I still have not drank any soda or anything except water and tea and I do not miss it at all. I am going to try to lose 17 lbs on my own now  but if I don't lose at least 5 lbs in the next month I will do another round. I am just 7 lbs over my initial goal but that is at the high end of my ideal weight so I would like to be in the middle somewhere.

Good Luck to everyone!
I am on the sublingual drops. You are supposed to take them 3 times a day. What times do you guys use them?
Does anyone realize that Walden's Farms products may be calorie free but on their website it says that all their products are sweetened with Splenda.  This is not allowed or even good for you!
Hello
Can someone please help me!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I take my HCG sublingualy. I take 1/2ml in the morn and 1/2 at night. I've only been doing hcg for 4days and have not seen any weight loss. I don't know if I'm eating too many strawberrys or too many apples. Maybe too much meat. I eat two apples a day and some strawberrys with each meal. I don't know. I don't want to quit hcg but I'm a little discouraged. Someone please please help
Hey Benny, why don't you post some pictures of yourself!  I'm curious  to see what an angumentative pessimist who claims to have "a medical background" looks like.  What does your "medical background" consist of?  Anyone with the ability to punch a few keys on the keyboard can come up with all the details regarding the hCG diet that you have provided.  Big deal.  I seriously doubt you have any medical background.  Put some proof on here.  Where is the actual statistical studies that prove hCG doesnt work.  I really don't want to see something from the nay-saying community.  I want to see your proof from people that have done the diet following EXACTLY as directed that have not lost weight.  You make sure your proof is just as good as the proof you have requested from others on this site.  I'll be waiting.  In the meantime, I just will continue to picture you as an uneducated hopelessly overweight human being, that is not only miserable in his own skin, but who sadly has a hopeless outlook for his own future.  
I'm just beginning this hcg ride and have been reading and reading about it.  I will be using the sublingual drops when they arrive later this week.  I understand that ten drops are to be taken under the tongue 1/2 hour before each meal ... coffee or tea being your first "meal" at breakfast.  My brother lost 33 lb on this protocol though "cheating" according to his wife. His daughter just started it a week ago and has already lost 11 lb.  So, I'm really excited to get started with it!  I hope to get down to my ideal weight within 4 rounds of it, but that may be dreaming.  That would be following Dr. Simeon's protocol exactly and losing over a pound a day.  

To anyone trying to continue to lose "on your own" after this protocol, Dr. Simeon states that people who diet without hcg are losing the good fat our bodies need and it's unhealthy.  He has several examples of that in his paper/book.  It is worth your while to read it.
Tomorrow is my first day after the loading period... I am using drops. I am so excited to be successful!! Any helpful hints for being successful during the holidays? Or while visiting relatives out of town for a weekend?
Read all of the last 3 yrs of post.Note that the drops don't work all that well.Buy some syringes,bacteriostat water and hcg.The cheapest and fastest is from www.alldaychemist.com. They carry hcg manufactured from 3 continents and its all cheap.Its available in 2k iu to 10k iu vials.If you are going to make a go of it you must pay attention to your minerals and vitamins,too.Magnesium chloride foot soaks is a good idea.Read up on magnesium and thiosulfate for aging prevention.Don't think that you can live without it,either.Calcium will build up in your organs and arteries and joints.Skinny people die here in the usa too.Its because of the lack of proper nutrition and obesity is only one of the symtoms (symptoms) of inflamation (inflammation).glta
I want to know more about this hcg, i keep hearing people saying they lost so much weight because of the shots, do you think it could be that you starved yourself and what about the side effects, they say headaches, fatigue mood swings and what is it doing to the ovaries or uterus, does anyone have any answers how you know it is the the shots that are the reason you are losing the weight  anyone know cut down on calories you lose weight
Im a newbie!! On Day 7 and I have lost 9.5 lbs...doing the injections. I was starving like crazy after day 5 but went in on Day 6 and was giving a B12 injection in my arm. That help give me energy and my motivation came back. Hoping to loose 30 lbs. Start weight was 192 but went up to 195.5 after gorging days and now im at 186.5. So im so excited!!
Hi does anypne knpw where canm I buy real HCG Drops. There are many sites out there and I need help!
You can find a copy of Dr Simeons protocol most anywhere on the web, just do a search.  

Most of the websites (******.com, *********.com, etc) have a copy which you can download for free.  There are also a couple of Yahoo Groups that have it in their files section, although I think you must "join" the group to get access to them.
Mamakadi, just wanted to thank you for all the information you provided on your experience with HCG, esp the food/treat tips.  I am curious to see how you are doing now (didn't see any posts since May '10).  I just started on the injections on Tue 2/22 (load day 1 of 2), so today is only day 3 of the 500 cal diet.  So far, no major issues.  I'm not really "hungry", but I crave a lot of stuff.

Everyone else, thank you so much for sharing your experiences.  It helps to know that there are people out there for whom this protocol has worked.  I was hopeful, but skeptical before starting.  I can normally lose 3-5 lbs in water weight alone, so although I lost weight on day 1, I wasn't totally convinced. I started at 165.8 and was down to 160.8 this morning.  Today I finally started to believe that this IS WORKING.  I am not hungry and have no hunger pangs in the middle of the night like I normally would when dieting on my own.

Best of luck to all!
I start the diet last Friday and I had lost 3 pounds,just eat what is part of the diet and drink as much water as you can ....my fiance lost 35pounds so I know it really work.
I'm getting ready to end my 45days and am getting mixed up about how long to take off befor I start again.  I also did really well lost 22.5lbs the first 19 days.  Love hcg!
I am sad to see no one posts on this blog anymore about the hCG. Today is my first day of the 500 calorie diet, and I've done quite well. Im 5'3 and starting weight was 135. I weighed the same this morning, after the two "load" days. And I pigged out! It must have been the lipo-tropic and double b12 shot that burned some weight off those two days. Im very eager to weigh myself tomorrow morning!! My goal is to lose 25lbs.
I really enjoyed reading other people's experiences. And hope some new people will post.
I just started the diet today, after my 2 loading days. I was surprissed that I wasn't very hungry today. I want to lose about 20 lbs too. I have been reading posts from several HCG forums and am surprised that the posts on this one are so old.
Hi, I've been on the hcg diet for 2 weeks & can't say I've noticed any hair loss. Have you spoken to the doctor about it? Hope it's just a temporary side effect.
Hi. I'm on week 3 & the cravings are ridiculous but don't give up. I lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks & I'm thrilled. Must admit the limitations of what you can eat are torture, but just focus on your goal and you'll be fine. Hang tough.
I have been on the hcg diet now 19 days, and feel wonderful, lost 13.5 lbs.  The last few days I have not loss anymore, but hop that in the last couple of days I will hit the 15lb mark.  I am concerned about the Phase 3, in that I am afraid that I will over eat, with out the drops, substaining my appetite.  
YOUR HUSBAND IS OVERWEIGHT AND IS DICTATING TO YOU what you can and cannot eat? Control freak much? I am sorry but if you two have a smooth sailing relationship in all other areas of your marriage, then God bless you for hanging in there because underlying most control freaks is a saboteur and quite frequently, a narcissist. They can't wait to show you how you are WRONG about everything and if you 'fail' at something they are always ready with snide remarks at your expense. They will tell you how their ways and thinking are superior in everything vs. how you think and do things. More than likely they have developed MORE controlling qualities because they are being enabled to do so by the other person who gives up on having a say in anything for fear that the person will reject them OR ~ quite simply to avoid the controllers angry temper tantrums.

You sound exhausted and perplexed which is typical of a person whose spirit is being dominated and slowly squelched from existence. I don't like control freaks, can't you tell? I like it even less when a woman loses herself to a man and then begins to think 'what she needs to do to always make it work' instead of what HE should be doing to deal with his own issues that are effecting his relationships and entire family. When you accept a controlling person in your life - your kids, if you have them, learn to be passive robots/ and or passive/aggressive individuals and I guarantee you- they may not like dear old Dad that much but they will end up respecting you MOM even less in the long run.
Thanks for Sharing.
cheap hcg oral drops online
Viewing 201-209 comments: