Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG? Risk of Pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG? Risk of Pregnancy?

I am 33 and on birth control. I am thinking of taking HCG to lose about 20lbs. I wondered about taking HCG and the risk of getting pregnant since this is the original intent of the drug. Anyone heard any risks or anyone who inadvertently got pregnant? Thanks!
Avatar n tn
From what I understand about the HCG shot is that the dosage amount is so low that it shouldn't affect the chances.  Although anything is possible.  The doctor that I go to told me that for every 5 lbs that you lose you can increase your chances of becoming pregnant by 30%.  Not to scare you...but I guess anything is possible.  The HCG hormone is higher in your body during the first trimester of pregnancy and that is the hormone that is detected in your urine by a pregnancy test to tell you if your pregnant or not.  It may be helpful to look up the HCG hormone online like through WEBMD to really understand that hormone and all of its uses, effects, and risks.  GOOD LUCK..
Avatar n tn
thanks for the info!
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
mishymoshymarcy Its more than just a tempor... Comment
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Track your weight over time