HCG Shots and Phentermine dosage
Hello everybody,

I have been reading about these HCG shots and Phen pills; but I am still wondering about the proper dosage. So why the ones that know about this dont post here their experiences.

Is it a good dosage for a weight loss program??
'The usual protocol is to inject 1500-3000 I.U. every 4th or 5th day, for a duration usually no longer than 2 or 3 weeks. If used for too long or at too high a dose, the drug may actually function to desensitize the Leydig's cells to luteinizing hormone, further hindering a return to homeostasis.'

If you are doing by yourself also you need to know where you need to get the shots; so read next what got2lose wrote:
'I was told that it absorbs better/quicker if it is given from the waist down, which means, either buttocks, upper thigh, or stomach. For the stomach, 1 or inches on either side of the bellybutton. It's supposed to not hurt as much in the stomach because you don't have as many nerve endings there.'

Also if you buy the shots yourself; which brand is the right one??. I saw one called Pregnyl, is it good for a weight loss program.

And about the Phentermine pills I have read that most of the people in that program are taking 37.5 once a day around 10:30am or an hour before lunch; right??.

Also how long you are in the program; 3 shots a week for a month then off a month or 4 months then a month off??

Last one; is better a 800 or 600 calories/day. Maybe and average would fine but no more than 800??

If someone please can say something different would help a lot to all of us.

Thanks.
realize that my email didn't go through. let me try it again. ***@****
I just started HCG diet 6 days ago.  I lost 5 pounds but my clothes aren't any more comfortable? I have a lot of energy but does anyone know what will happen if you stop taking it?  I am confused about taking it for 28 days, stopping... then what? will my metabolism be messed up for life or will it go back to the way it is afterwards? Plus I am on a 500 calorie a day diet! what if I eat too much will I gain weight?
I have been doing the HCG shots and appet supp for 2 months.  I have lost a pathetic 6 lbs in this time.  I eat high protein/low calorie, 2 weeks 600-800 calories and 1 week 800-1000 calories and then repeat.  I eat high protein 3 times a day, 6 hours apart as this is supposed to keep my metabolism up.  Im exercising daily, sometimes 2 times.  I did do the Lipo-B shots for one month and then stopped because I thought they were making me irritable.  Now they tell me it was probably the appet supp.  My husband reminded me today that perhaps having low iron all my life and not taking iron is part of my problem in not losing weight.  I was even told that I shouldve lost 20-30 lbs by now - like that helped to know.  My HCG is 35 IU twice a week and Lipo-B 1 time a week.  Im reading a lot about 175-200 IU daily of HCG and the Lipo-B up to 3 times a week.  Since the drs office isnt open on weekends, I cant get any other info for a couple of days and Im so angry at all that Ive put into this for 2 months.  So, basically, Ive spent around $500 in 2 months to lose 6 stupid pounds.
Im going to a doctor here in Concord, NC at Copperfield Wellness and Weight Control.  I now her program works for everyone but me - my neighbor dropped an obnoxious amount of weight in 2 months.  Me, 6lbs.  The 'precert' appnt was $25, she requires that you attend a 2.5 nuitritional meeting where you will also be given your first 4 HCGs (included in the price).  You can also opt for the Lipo-B shot for $15.  After that meeting, you return monthly for $75 and receive 4 more HCGs.  Any other shots cost additional  HCG $10 each and Lipo-B $15 each.  She allows for 2 HCGs per week and one Lipo-B shot per week, except for the first week, which she will allow 2.  Not sure for the rhyme or reason behind it.  Her HCGs are only 35 IU and Ive seen some are doing 175-200 IU daily.
That last post was for you, not patty938.  Sorry.
You want proof that this medical weigh loss protocol works?

What part of the posts above from people who have actually used this protocol and had it work DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??????

Can't find ANYTHING on the internet that says that it works?

I did one search, and found more then 2 dozen user forums like this filled with posting folks who have used this weigh loss method, including some that had knowing help from their doctors and THEY have, almost all had huge successes!

You want us to consider KT's law suits and investigations to "prove" his books are a scam?

Well, it's pretty clear that you've already read ALL about the law suits and investigations because you knew enough about them to leave out the fact that he has never paid ANY fines, NEVER spent a day in jail and NEVER been found guilty of doing anything -- except -- writing about this, and other natural cures, without running the disclaimer that he is writing in the interest of truth and disclosure and not that of having a medical doctor's opinion because THAT has all but made illegal by the lobbies to congress of the FDA and AMA ...... who have pressed that issue to try and SUPPRESS that truthful information from being found out by US, the public that THEY are supposed to be protecting!

You HAVE to be a stooge, boot licking lackey of ............ OR even PART of those two organizations to post what you have posted here.

I'll do you one up on your challenge ....... prove that it DOES NOT WORK!!

There are many places on the internet that hold the true stories of the success this protocol gives to people who have generally been poisoned by the food makers of this country, and LIED TO by the medical community ALMOST in total ........ save by those who have been practicing this protocol in expensive fat farm clinics world wide sine the '50's.

And PULLEEEEZZZZZEEEE don't just point us to AMA or FDA website as your "proof" !! Nobody should take for granted that the folks who approve PHEN-PHEN and other drugs that had to be banned because they started killing people shortly after they were "approved to be safe and effective"  ........... are telling the truth about anything!
"CLAPPING"  Great post!

Unfortunately he still doesn't get it.  I guess he just never will.
Hey I just got my Novarel my DR. prescribed it and all the directions inside are for much larger injections. The pharmacist there was less than helpful, wasn't familiar with the dosing. I also didn't mention it was for weight loss, since it seems to be a no no currently.

I'm doing the 43day cycle @ 150 per injection and the Novarel came in a 10,000 IU - I can't figure out how much of the 30 ml of the Bac h20 to add for the whole cycle.

Also what did you mix it in? I keep seeing that you need a separate sterile glass container to keep it mixed in? Is that what you did?

THX :) also congratulations to you and your husband with your success!
Hey want2baloser did you ever see dr. weston?  I have an appt. on monday with him and want to know what to expect.
If I could get the injections in mail I would rather do it myself. It seems cheaper and more convinent for my schedule.
I've never seen a dr yet.
I just spent quite a while reading everyone's comments...I am in the process of reading Kevin Trudeau's book. I don't necessarily agree with or condone what he has done in the past. He may very well be a "con-artist"...but there is truth to Dr. Simeon's "diet". Kevin may have added a few bells and whistles and put his spin on it and may in fact be benefitting financially from recommending other products, but there is truth in what is in his book. Do a little digging and you'll find out for yourself. I was searching the internet for good and bad on the subject and stumbled onto a reveiw on Ebay that nailed it! This guy has a lot of great reference sites and advice...look at it! His screen name is 'back_then" Awsome reveiw of Kevin's book. I was starting to regret my purchase until I read this. Good Luck to all!

http://reviews.ebay.com/The-Weight-Loss-Cure-Kevin-Trudeau
-apos-s-Book_W0QQugidZ10000000003593320
You know exactly who the spammer is........... Personally I don't frequent your yahoo site.

Have a great day.
Can I ask you why you are even on here? If you have nothing else to do all day than to ridicule others, misspell words and use poor grammar please go somewhere else with your sad negativity. Let people make decisions for themselves, don't try to force feed them your incompetence.
I just found this forum and find this all very interesting. I am a firm believer of KT. I have read his stuff for several years now and take what I want and leave the rest. He is full of information that we sure are not getting anywhere else. On the subject of the HCG injections all anyone has to do is go to KT's website and there is an 800 number to help you. There are costs involved but they will email you all the blood tests that need to be taken and if you have a doctor that will support you he can order the tests for you and your insurance will pay for them. I am doing all of this today.
I am very curious as to what the outcome of your appointment was and what you have decided to do?
I am planning to start the HCG shots, isn't the 500 calories intake per day too hard?
Good morning to all, I am new to the HCG diet and just started on 09/07/07.  So far i had the headaches, but those are now gone and i am really feeling pretty good.  This morning I got out of bed with little to no problem for the first time in a long time.

Let me first off start by saying that i have read all of the replies good and bad and my decision was made on what's best for me.

My questions for others that have had success with the diet is what did you take for your bad breath??  I have had a stale taste and smell since i have actually started the diet.  I know that is a positive but it bothers me.  I have been eating a peppermint or jolly rancher to off set the smell.  I know in the long run that will hurt my overall weight loss.  Any help you can give would be great!
Keep up with the water... if your mouth gets dry at all it may enhance it. I'll ask a few people who have been on the plan for a few weeks and see if they are having anything come up similar. But my first thought was more water, you can't over do that!
In everything I have read most people don't have the hunger issue if they follow the plan correctly. You end up using the fat you have stored already. That’s also why the gorge in the beginning. Make sure to get the Dr. Simeons manuscript and read everything you can about the diet before you start to make sure it works for you....
I AM NEW TO THE IDEA AND USEAGE OF HCG AM 40 AND HAVE BEEN OVER WEIGHT ALL MY LIFE. TOO SKINNY FOR GASTIRIC BYPASS AND THE LAP BAND, AND MOST  DIET PILLS HAVE NEEN TRIED W/ FAILURE. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU OR ANYONE WHO HAS FOUND A REASONABLE WEB SITE FOR ORDERING HCG W/O A PERSCRIPTION AND OR THOSE OF YOU WHO WENT TO THERE MEDICAL DOCTORS, WHAT WAS YOUR REASON YOU GAVE ? MY MD STATED HCG IS NOT A WEIGHT LOSS DRUG AND REFUSED TO PRESCRIBE IT.
Hi, Could you send me the information on where you purchased the HcG? Thanks
Could you send me the information on where to purchase the HcG? Thanks! (email to:  ***@****)
Sorry....my email is:  ***@****. thanks!
Could you send me the information on where to purchase the HcG too? Thanks!
(email to ***@****)
Can you please e-mail me with the address in TN?  I have to lose weight (32 lbs) so that I can have bladder suspension surgery.  

***@****

Thanking you in advance for any help you can give me.
There is a spa in Palm Springs, California.  It is called Bonne Sante and the Spa Director is Dr. Sophia Alexandra.  You can either take the 3 week injections of hcg or 6 weeks.  It depends on how much you need/want to lose.  Please let her know that Alexis Parsons told you about her.  I know a young woman who began the injections and lost 5 lbs. in her first week.  I am excited to begin the program.  I've Never been on a diet and after reading Kevin Trudeau's book,  I am looking forward to seeing what to expect.  Yrs. ago, I could never gain weight and people always thought I was anorexic.  I sent away for "Weight On" tablets and happily gained 10 lbs.  Now that I'm in my late 40's,  I am wanting to lose 20 unwanted pounds.  I walk four miles daily and the stubborn stored fat refuses to leave.  Good luck everyone!! :)  Prima Dona
I am involved with a group of about 22 people who are in different stages of the protocol.  All, including those on several medications, are doing great and feeling better than they have in years.  We find it easy and quite cheap to do in the U.S. although I was willing to go to another country to give it a shot, if necessary.  We used a supplemental guide that made it very simple to get started.  
I have been taking the appt. suppr. and the HCG shots since June 20th. My dr. has prescribed both for me. I only took the shot (administering it myself) once a week, up until 2 weeks ago. Am taking a month off to see how I do. I will say this has been the best thing I've ever done for myself!  I have no idea of who KT is, nor ever read a book about the diet until I found this forum today. My diet consisted of the appt. suppr., one HCG shot a week and around a 1,000 cal. a day diet. No pork, less starch, and less sugar. I began a daily exercise program.. mainly walking 3 miles a day along with increasing my water intake. I happy to report that I have officially lost 56 pounds of my 75 pound goal. Everyone is amazed, including myself. I've not been this small since middle school and I'm now 47 years old. The gist for me has been cutting back on calories, watching the size of my proportions, eating healthier foods, drinking more water and of course exercising!!! To be 5'1" at 205 and now at 149, I'm thrilled and thankful!  I would like to hear from others that took the shot for several months, what did you notice once you stopped?  I personally feel it was what I needed to change my lifestyle.. and I promise I will NEVER go back to my old ways! Good luck to all of you that are attempting to lose weight. For those who have never fought this battle, it's hard for them to even understand.
Dana in NC
I used HCG from a clinic a couple of years ago, but it was a royal pain getting the pre-filled syringes.  I got about 8# the first week and about 3-6 a week thereafter for about 4-6 weeks.

I am now on HCG from drugdelivery (online) and I bought bacteriostatic water to mix it with, because it keeps longer and stores better (in frig).  (Throw the liquid it comes with away).

HCGdiet.com is a self promoting clinic that is horrible IMHO!

The do-it-yourself instructions given here are excellent.

Anyone who is NOT loosing on this plan is NOT doing it correctly!  It's simple, easy and it works!.

My last comment has a miss-typed word.  I meant to say, "I lost 8# the first week and about 3-6# per week thereafter".
Has anyone gone from injections to oral sublingual hcg?  I've lost 24 pounds in six weeks on injections and am now beginning my six weeks off the medicine.  I'd like to continue losing. My daughter is getting the oral hcg from doctor in her area.  He says I can go right from injections to oral and still keep losing. Any opinions on this?
I used to go to a clinic in NC where they gave us HCG/B12 shots one per week.  The only thing I know about them is that they were 1cc, but dont know anything about dosage.  

I lost alot of weight and so did my mom.  The doctor moved and went out business.  I have sense been trying to find out if anyone else on the same type of diet.  

I bought my own HCG (pregnyl 5,000 i.u) to give my own shots.  I read where people were doing 1cc at 175 iu so that is what i did and i havent lost a thing for two months.  Neither has my mom. .  

We started increasing our intake to two shots a week at 1 1/2 cc., but nothing.  I feel fatter even though my weight has stayed the same.

I called a clinic in Greensboro and they are doing the 175 iu too.  

Is there anyone that is doing the weekly shots that can tell me what dosage you should be doing?   I wish i would have asked the doctor before he went out of business but i didnt expect it and didnt know i should have known.
The people taking 175iu are doing it daily, not weekly. The original protocol calls for it to be taken daily also. There are people who have been doing it twice a week, or once every 3 days but I don't think weekly is a very good choice. I really don't think bi-weekly is a good one either because you never have the same amount of HCG in your system every day. It is up and down then down then up and all over the place instead of a steady daily shot of 125iu daily and it remains a constant.

Is there a reason you don't want to inject daily? Lifestyle or afraid of shots? You can mix sublingualy and take it that way as well.

I personally did 125iu daily and skipped once a week as stated in the protocol. I did the shots subcutaneously. You pinch the fat, inject and keep pinching until you pull the needle out. Don't feel a thing most days.
If you want to get a week's worth of daily 175iu from a 5000 amp, the closest calculation I could come up with is mix with 4 cc's/mls of solution, that will give you 1250 iu's per injection which is like 178 iu's daily.

For 125iu daily, the closest mix that I want to do the math for is 5.5 cc's of solution. That will give you about 909 iu's per injection or about 130iu daily. Of course if you are going to go with daily injections you would use a lot more solution to get enough mixture to draw from to get the daily amounts.

It would be interesting for you to post when you are done and tell if you have kept the weight off for a long time doing it this way. I am curious if the hypothalmus resets itself correctly or if anything else weird happens.
www.buyhcgdirect.com
ships within 24 hr. The ONLY fast and reliable hcg on the net!
I ordered phen here and so far good
http://www.controlledpills.com/prices.php?aff_id=6562&sub=343
I am about to start my second round...I'm assuming I go about it exactly as I did the first time with the two days of gorging, etc.  I only want to lose 10 more pounds.....but in 28 days I'll probably lose more than I want.  So, the second time around won't mess up my hypothalamus?  It seems to be already re-set and I am maintaining.  I just want to go down ten more pounds.  I love this diet!n  It is fabulous and if you do what you are supposed to do, there should not be any problems.
I just started this diet 2 days ago.  On the 2nd day I noticed I had low-grade nausea and boy, does that make me not want to eat anything.  But I also don't want to feel this way, very low energy and sick to my stomach.  Has anyone else had this problem and did it pass?
how are you taking the HCG?

were you gorging up until then?
If you think you  only have 10 more pounds to lose, but plan on doing a full 28 day round, it is good to know that your body is not going to get rid of muscle or structural fat, that when all your abnormal fat is gone, your body should automatically stop losing. One thing, though, you may start to feel uncontrollable hunger, because there is no more fat to burn. If this is the case, you should start the transition diet, because you need to get enough calories to live on (500 is not enough when your body is not metabolizing your stored fat with the hcg).
Are you female, and have you been pregnant before? If you are female and you haven't been pregnant before, this is somewhat common from what I have heard. If you are male, I'm not really sure - I haven't heard of this before. My first reaction would be to see if it goes away within 2 days, and if not, stop what you are doing(hcg and diet) to see if it will go away. If it gets worse, definitely stop and talk with your doctor.
Can you take phentermine and do the hcg at the same time?
yes, you can do the phentermine and diet at same time. some clinics in Austin say it is available if you NEED it.
However, my clinic in Temple will not give us the phen. they say drink yerba mate tea and that is all they would say... having no appetite artificially is no help to  you later when you must give up all junk food for the rest of your life!
Do you want to rely on a drug or let your own body do the work?

Also, if it revs up your metabolism what good is that? yes, you will lose quick, but what about your thyroid? It will mess you up to be revved up like that.

Anyone give me some insight into why I feel like I am starving?  I am on the sub q  HCG and am following the protocol exactly.  But I always feel starving.  I am even getting hunger headaches that last all night.  I am losing weight, 9 lbs in seven days.  Any ideas on how to stop the hunger?
I have done the Hcg shots  before and lost 30 pounds and I am on them again now after a several months break...  I experienced HEAD HUNGER, I drank a full glass of water every time I "thought" i was hungry.. that helped me..    first time around  I also did the phenteramine pills and sublingual b12..... but this time I am not ..  Ive lost 4 pounds in 3 days already
christiewh are u taking phentermine with HCG???
will steroid medications or medications to treat bronchitis interfere with weight loss on HCG?
hi well im 5'2, i started at a weight loss clinic in my area, they DO NOT BELIEVE in the 500 calorie diet at all, they have different programs you can do depending on how much weight you need to lose, upon first visit they check your bmi, weigh you, measure your arms, legs, waist, hips, all that, i get the hcg ing, the L-Carnatine ing, B12 ing, lipo-pipotropic injections,& they only give you 7 phentermine pills @ a time & if you go to the pharmacy they tell you too which is a well known pharmacy, 7 pills of 35.5mg phentermine for 7 dollars, first visit is 67.00, then all visits after that depend on what you get individual ing only 7dollars, & perscription 7 dollars, i went in weighing 170 pounds, but i also have been cooking right, exercising, & also get a supplement called oxy-thin for 18 doll for a bottle of 100, i alternate one day a diet pill one day oxy-thin, im on my second month, just started it today,, so far i am already pretty close to my goal weight, and it is not exspensive at all, right now i weigh 145, my goal weight is 128-130,so thats about ten more pounds, i have had no side effects, they give you pharmacutical grade hcg, drops are a SCAM,...just like hydroxycut, etc,....the 500 calorie diet , wed all lose weight, its not enough to nurish your body, they put me on a 1600-1800 calorie diet, which i follow to a tee,....at first i had to make myself eat, you arent hungry cause the hcg, gives your body nutrients, i only get the hcg every 2 weeks, you have to go every week, and after that first visit, its not exspensive at all,i have lost 6 inches in my hips, 7 in my abs, in the breast area,51/2, each arm 21/2, upper legs 31/2, so im a happy camper, im just doing it for 2 months, to train my body , and just go for maintenience b12 etc, after,....but they dont do the month off, and all that.....your body needs nutrition like a car needs gas to run,.....all & all i have been very pleased with where i go, and what they do, they also offer smart lipo non-invasive, lipo, botox,lap-band, chemical peels etc, so it is a legitate place, good luck to everyone,...
Holly
Where is the research of the side effects?  And why happens when you stop taking Hcg?   Does everything return including weight gain?