Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG WEIGHTLOSS TRACK

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG WEIGHTLOSS TRACK

Hey - I want to keep an update on how everyone is doing with there weightloss here. SO PLEASE Tell us what weight you started, what you weigh now, what you're doing to lose it, and anything else. Keep us posted each week if you can. This helps motivates me as well as others.

GOAL 166 - 5'7  34 Years Old
I started on 11/6 - 234 Lbs
11/13 - 228
11/20 - 223
11/22 - 221
I stopped over the holidays (BUMMER)
Started back 1/2- 221  (Wow - didn't really lose anything, thank heaven I didn't gain either). I really ain't anything over Thanksgiving/Christmas.
1/9 - 218

I take Phentermine, HCG & B-12/Lipo-Shots. I go to the Doctor every Thurs or Friday. I purchase a treadmill so I try and walk 30 minutes a day. Hopefully I will increase that to an hour.
It is probably the hcg that made it so you didn't gain anything over the holidays. I know when I was on the hcg and didn't follow the diet exactly, I didn't lose the weight, but didn't gain either. It makes me wonder what would be the effect of staying on it forever. That probably wouldn't work but it would be comforting to know you never had to worry about regaining.
When I was on the hcg diet, i only had hcg and b-12 lipotropics and then ate a 500 calorie diet. I didn't have any hunger issues with that program. Why did your doc prescribe the phentermine in addition to the hcg?
How much did you lose on the 500 Cal? I was told to stay below 1200 calories. They actually prescribe two prescriptions: Phentermine for the morning and phendimetrazine in the afternoon. The first time I went to the Doc they prescribe diethylpropion for the afternoon. When I went this time I saw another Doc and they switched it to phendimetrazine. These medications help to curb my appetitite. Like today I ate a protein bar and that's all I want. I tried to eat a small turkey sub but I took 1 bite and felt full/sick.

Was the 500 calorie diet hard? And how long did you stay on it for? I read a bunch of different things about it.

I lost a pound a day when I was on the 500 cal (except when on my menses, I either lost about a 1/2 pound or stayed the same). I didn't have very far to go but I did get down to a healthy weight of 135(I'm 5'4")
The hcg controlled my appetite just fine. I had a protein shake for breakfast (Ultra Lean by BioGenesis), a chicken salad (3 oz chicken breast, handful of salad made up of spinach, lettuce, cucumber, and strawberries) for lunch, and a steak (3 oz precooked weight) plus coleslaw(cabbage, apple, celery, onion, MCT oil, apple cider vinegar, mrs dash) for dinner.(an average day, you can change up the choices somewhat) I also drank tons of water and tea throughout the day.
My servings fit on a bread and butter plate (smaller than a salad plate but bigger than a saucer) and I wasn't hungry afterwards. I didn't even feel like eating sweets which was unusual for me. It was kind of weird because I had to eat at regular times during the day. I was always hungry right at 12:00 noon and 5:30pm.
I was on the diet for 3 weeks. I think these results are pretty common, as I saw other people in the weight loss clinic where I worked also losing a pound a day(that is an average, some of the men lost more). I knew one lady who lost 60 pounds. I think it took her about 4 months and she has kept her weight the same without the shots or any special diet since last august. She and her husband (who lost 90 pounds) actually have a website, I'll try to find it so you can see for your self.
The only other thing I had were lipotropic vitamin B-12 shots. (B-12 mixed with choline, methylione, and inositol - not sure of the spellings of those- which are amino acids meant to aid your liver)
I started the HCG on Jan 4 and have lost 10 lbs. I'm averaging 1 pound a day but I'm not eating nearly as much as you guys. I'm on 500 cal, a day . the diet consist of.

Breakfast any quanity of tea or coffee with out sugar. Stevia or saccharin can be used with only 1 tablespoon of milk allowed in 24 hrs

100 grams of chicken breast, veal,beef  shrimp, buffalo, white fish, lobster all visible fat must be carefull removed before cooking and the meat must be weighed raw.

Only one type of vegetable can be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus and cabbage thats all.

One breadstick(grissino) or one melba toast.

An apple or a handfull of strawberries or one half grapefruit or orange

And for dinner the same for choices as lunch

One lemon daily, for seasoning  salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley,thyme, marjoram, but no oil, butter or dressing.

Drink 2 liters of fluids a day.

I weighed 216 on Jan 4 today Jan 14 I weight 205.8

But I'm not taking shots, I put drops under my tongue 3 times a day.
I am on HCG shots and my diet is way different than all of yours.  I have lost 22lbs and I don't know how many inches. I have an HCG shot .2 mg every other day, I take chromium 8 pills after every meal and at bed time and other minerals and trace minerals.  I eat all the lean meat, some fishes and most veggies that I want, my Dr's rule for me is don't eat anything white.  I had a hair sample done along with my blood work.  That determined what veggies and other stuff I could eat, I have 3 times more calcium than I need.  So I eat nothing with a lot of calcium or added calcium.  I have lost about 3 lbs a week.  My Dr has written a book, its on Amazon.com .......The Calcium Lie, by Robert Thompson.   I'm doing well.  I am not hungry and I feel great.  Every one's diet is different and the restrictions as well as the minerals and other stuff is all based on the individuals blood work and hair analysis at my Dr's office.  AND my dr believes that a person needs salt with minerals I use Celtic sea salt, a lot of it.  If I reach a time when I have not lost in a few days I increase the chromium, it is chromium polynicotinate.  NOT picolinate.  I can increase by one pills 4 times a day and I start losing again.  I am never hungry I am thirsty and I drink a bunch of water and tea daily.  I drink a glass 4 or 6 ozs. of juice a few times a week . natural with out being pasteurized or processed in any way.  I if I use sweetener I use sugar in the raw, from cane, honey, or maple syrup type B.  I try to use natural food as much as I can afford and use ezekiel bread.  I use a small amount of real butter, occasionally.  To cook I use organic olive oil.  My HCG shot with the needles and syringes only cost $44.00  with my insurance and $108.00 without my insurance, per month.  I live in Alaska.  Dr. Thompson treated my mother in Montana over the phone.  If you are interested in him get his book and then you will have the info or go to his web sight.  theccalciumlie.com  Good luck to all of you who hate your diet,  I don't get to eat every thing I might want but I sure eat more than most of you are allowed.  Thanks B16
Did you follow someone's diet or book? I noticed alot of people put down they drink tea, why? If you get the website that will be great. It's interesting to find out what others have did that you know works. Did you exercise any? Basically you just stayed under 500 calories period?
As far as your lunch goes - do you pre-pack your lunch for work? I noticed you weigh it. I never heard of {grissino or one melba toast}. I must look that up. I love the breadstick at Olive Garden, but I know I can't have it. I also noticed I get constipated alot. Is that because I'm not getting enough fiber? What type of drops do you have and where did you get them? Or you on any pills? Which book/diet are you folowing? I'm going to ask my doctor about one. Like I said he just told me to stay under 1200 calories and to do 30-45 minutes on a treadmill. Plus drink a gallon of water if possible.
How many HCG shots to you take a week? Your insurance pays for all your shots? Thanks for the website, I will investigate that. How many pounds do you have to lose?
grissini is a specific type of italian breadstick. I have seen them in a few grocery stores.  I never used them though, because my weakness is bread and I wanted to stay away from it all together.
I followed the diet from the clinic that I went to. They have made some changes over the Simeons protocol and I'm not sure where they actually came from.
Simeons mentioned having tea in his protocol and I use it a lot because I like tea without sugar, but can't stand coffee black. Plus green tea has a lot of other health benefits so I drank that. (usually mint green tea, yumm)
For constipation there are a couple of things I know of that help. Drink more water, use MCT oil(you can find some at life-enhancement.com), try magnesium supplements. Just a few suggestions from my program. I used 1 to 2 tbs mct oil in my protein drink every day and had no problems with constipation while on the diet.
The only exercise I did was just regular walking around. The same I did before the diet. I am starting to exercise now, though, so that I can get toned up. Comcast on demand has a Jillian Michaels video (lady trainer from Biggest Loser) so I've been trying that.
A great book to read is "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. A Simeons. He is the one that discovered the diet in the first place and really knows what works. He has since died ( the book came out in the 50's or 60's I think and he was already old then) and it is currently out of print. It is on the site hcgdietinfo.com.
have any of  you gotten your hcg from body solutions rx or native healing?
I take .2 HCG every other day.  My insurance pays for the medication, I buy the needles and syringes.  I have 50 lbs to go.  I really don't exercise much because I have a back injury and that is why I gained so much weight, part of the reason.  The medication and not moving around to much and eating to many things like potato chips they are my favorite.  Good luck, B16
No I been going through the doctor's office. I thought about buying B-12/Lip from www.mydietsolutions.com though. Have you?