Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG and your periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG and your periods

Has anyone who had been on the HCG for a few months noticed any changes in their periods? Im getting mine every 2.5 weeks for the last 2 months. Yes I am 42 and this could be hormonal like my Dr thinks but I wondered if anyone else was having this problem. Im sick and tired of being bloated...

Lisa
Avatar n tn
I would also like an answer to this.  Im on day 4 and I really hope the shots do not effect my periods or make them come too frequently.
Are you both injecting during your period?
Avatar n tn
My Dr gives me the injections every saturday and wed regardless of period. Hes a specialist in this field and said this has nothing to do with it. So Im just wondering if Im "going thru the change"  lol or what?
Avatar n tn
From what I've gathered, the original diet by Dr. Simeon required no shots at all during your period.  

The new modified diets only have you stop taking the shots during your heaviest days.

Both protocols have you continue the VLCD diet throughout your period, regardless if you are on the shots or not.

HCG stays in your system for 2-3 days, so I can see the logic behind this.  I'm curious if the oral hcg protocol follows the original protocol or not.

Celest
Avatar n tn
HCG and your period.  I have done HCG shots twice in the last year and had normal periods. BUT I am doing the drops for the first time and am having periods every 2 weeks also.  My doctor said i can happen
So on the hcg my period came ten days early and I have as of today not had my period again for 2 months! Before the hcg I was always regular every 3 weeks like clockwork. I was very successful and lost 21 pounds on the diet and so far keeping it off but I have not had a period since jan 19. Anyone else!!!
I just started the HCG injections and I have not had a period at all. I am worried. I am thinking about stopping to see if it comes but don't want to mess up with my weight loss. I have been on it for 2 weeks and lost 10lbs. I had a fallback which caused me to stall for three days. Please let me know if anyone else has had this issue.
mishymoshymarcy every day is getting harder... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jun 26
Track your weight over time