Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG diet - How can I cook without oil?!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HCG diet - How can I cook without oil?!

Hi!  I just started the HCG diet by NuMedica.  It says I can't use any oils.  I want to cook chicken or fish, however, I've never cooked either without at least some olive oil.....!  Please help!  Let me know what I can do!  
Thank you!!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1485224_tn?1287947553
there is no way about it other than to boil, grill or steam. Everything is water based. Its not ideal, and not exactly tasty but try play up the flavours by adding ginger, garlic, herbs, chillies etc... good luck!
Blank
I started grilling without oil on my new Big Boss Grill about a month ago, before I even found out about this HCG vlcd.  I put a few drops of water under the meat and when I close the lid it sort of steams the meat.  With the spices I use (a blend of oregano, chili peppers, garlic) the meat is delicious!  I was surprised!  I could do the same in my favorite fry pan with lid, but since it's so big I enjoy using my little grill more.  It's great for me to cook just for me.  
Blank
I meant to add that some ppl are reporting excellent results using chicken or beef broth rather than water.
Blank
1650638_tn?1301750626
I've had great success in browning my steak, chicken & fish using Bragg's Liquid Aminos or just plain lemon juice. Both work well. Of course for the extra taste, I add a few spices...garlic, onion powder, oregano. Good luck. I'm down 32 lbs.  Started my 2nd round of HCG last Monday.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss Alternatives Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...