Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG durring menstruation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG durring menstruation

Why shouldn't we take HCG durring menstruation? Does anyone know? Has anyone been taking it durring menses? If you have been taking it durring menses are you still loosing weight durring that time? For those of you that don't take it durring that time are you hungry? LisaRN I think it was you a while back that was gonna try to find out why we shouldn't take it durring a period. (If it was you)Did you find out the reason as to why we shouldn't take it? I thought it might have something to do with hormones. I tried to research online and couldn't come up with anything about it. If anyone has any thoughts about it I would love to hear from you. Thanks all!
I have heard that we shouldn't take it because it causes a heavier flow and bad cramping.  Several people have said that they aren't injecting the first couple days while the flow is heaviest and then continuing.  I hope that helps!  
Heather
I have prescribed HCG during menstruation, however Simeons suggest that one may stop a day or 2. In my 20 years experience all goes well if one continues the injections during menstruation.
I’ve completed three courses of HCG & took the injections during menstruation.  The only thing I notices was my cycle increased from 24 days to 31 days.  When I went off the injections it returned to a 24 day cycle.  However my Doctor did have issues with heavy bleeding & had to stop injections while on her period.
I injected during menstruation and am ending my 4th straight week of bleeding and large clots.  So much so that my hemoblobin has dropped to 10 and I am very anemic.  My doctor thinks it has caused ovarian hyperstimulation syndrom (syndrome).  I have stopped the injections now for 2 days but the bleeding hasn't stopped.  If it doesn't quit soon I may have to have a D&C.
Has anyone had signs of pregnancy while taking hcg? Like breast swelling and fatigue? I have been feeling this way for a few days and I am worried that I might be pregnant and in which case I should stop taking hcg, however, it is too soon for a urine test... I was hoping it was a reaction to the hormone. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks!
Has anyone been over the 2 lbs during phase 4 due to menstruation. Are you still supposed to do a steak day even if it is probably because of water retention and bloating?
I am on Phase 2 for the first time and woke up 1.2 lbs more the second day of my period.  I did not cheat at all.  So I am riding it out and not expecting to lose weight this week. But if you did not gain weight during the other phases on your period and only on Phase 4, you may want to watch it.  It probably is water weight, but don't go much further than 3 lbs, because it might be something else that you are eating.   Good Luck! :)
I am post menopausal by about 5years.  I have started the HCG injections. on the 5 injection I have started to bleed alot and it is not getting any better. Is there any info about this. I am afraid I will have to stop.
During your menses, you produce hCG; the suggestion to stop injections on the heaviest flow day(s) is to prevent immunity to the hCG.  
Please help me ASAP !!!!!

I staterd the HCG diet (HCG platinum homeopatic) on the 11th of October. I usually have regular periods because I take birth controls, so whenever i take the last pill 2- or 3 days later I get it.
Anyway .. so on the first week of my HCG diet I got my period, they said that I didnt have to stop unless the bleeding got havier than normal. So here is the deal... My period is usualy 3 days only , one light day, one super havy day and one light day. At that point I couldnt tell it got worst and I was liking the diet so I did not stop. After 9 days on the diet I had lost 10.5 pounds and was very happy. I then reached PLATEAU and 4 days later I gt my period AGAIN (only about a week after my regular period had finished). I was worried but still didnt stop the diet....

Here is the PROBLEM ... even though i didnt stop the drops I did not lose ANYTHING elese and I have been bleeding for 8 days now ( the first 5 days it was very heavy, not it is light and mostly when I go to the bahroom but it is def still there. )I dont want to lose all my hard work and I know that if I dont do at least 23 days plus 3 weeks maintnance I will not "reset" my body and will most likelly gain it all back ... thats why im so worried !!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, I lost 11 pound total with HCG on te firs 12 days, the last 8 days i did not lose anything. I still have about 8 pounds to lose. I love the diet and dont want to stop but I need to make sure the bleeding stops

PLEASE HELP ASAP !!
I'm no expert but this is my second round of hcg injections.  I did experience two menses the first time around and I didn't stop the injections.  I lost a total of 17lbs with the injections but afterwards, the bleeding stopped and I continued with the sugar busters diet  and reached 32 total pounds lost.  Not sure if that helps, but if your worried contact a professional.  Good Luck!
I'm taking the HCG drops, is it safe to get pregnant?
yes, i have noticed pregnancy symptoms. if you take a test i will show up positive because hcg is the hormone they detect in a pregnancy test. you should ask your doctor, they can do a blood test, or you can stop taking hcg and wait i think 5 days at least to take a urine test if you are really concerned about it.
you have a higher chance of getting pregnant on the hcg drops, its in doctor simmions pounds and inches. i think hcg has even been used to help women get pregnant. but after becoming pregnant you should stop the drops cause your body will start creating the hcg hormone for it self. you can still loose weight while you are pregnant if that is your goal and you can have a healthy pregnancy, just eat right and talk to your doctor. good luck
"During your menses, you produce hCG; the suggestion to stop injections on the heaviest flow day(s) is to prevent immunity to the hCG"

No you don't.  HCG is produced by the placenta.  There is no placenta to speak of if you are not pregnant.
Correction of my post - HCG is produced by DEVELOPING or soon-to-be placenta (while still being a trophoblast)
Anyone experiencing changes in their menstrual cycle - especially prolongued bleeding - while on the hCG diet needs to read up on Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. You can remain on the diet but it's good to know the possible complications and consult your doctor. For more info, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_hyperstimulation_syndrome

No, that's not true.  HCG is only naturally produced during pregnancy, in order for the fetus to be nourished by the abnormal fat reserves that HCG releases.
I don't usally menstruate due to implanon I am on day 11 of stage 2 and have lost a stone(:)) but this week have had a couple of shows along with cramps which makes me think I'm getting a period again is this okay and will the period stop after the course?
i have an iud and ususally dont ever get a period, however i do get the bloating and cramping..just no spotting. I did notice on HCG i do get a regular period but during the it i stop taking shots  the entire 3 to 4 day cycle but i do continue with the hcg diet plan. I didn't loose anything during menstral cycle but the very next day after my cylce was over i lost 3lbs. Then I just continued with taking my shots as usual.

1st round I lost total of 27lbs on the 23 day plan. Problem was within 9 months i gained 9lbs back because i didnt' do the maintance..so that is very important after completing the shots or drops.
I'm on week 5 of the diet and have had NO period at all !   I've lost weight every day and haven't experienced any cramps or fluid retention or anything period like at all.  
only been on the diet (drops ) 5 days  and have started to menstruate  started the diet the day after i stopped the last one  help .what do i do ,do i carry on taking the drops or do i stop . i normally  take a hormone to keep me regular as i am beginning the menopause do i keep taking it  .i ask as i live in france and my doctor nos  nothing about hcg .
I have also been bleeding since day five its now day 20. I stopped drops 4 days ago this is day 5 the bleeding ceased TODAY. Im not sure what to make of it. I have no DR. No insurance. I am wanting to lose weight but also fix my periods. I have never been regular. Ever. Any tips?
HI,TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT" IF HCG SHOULD BE TAKEN WHILE ON YOUR PERIOD" THE ANSWER IS "NO". I SAID THAT I WOULD TEST IT ON MYSELF BY USEING INJECTION'S TO SEE WHAT EFFECTS IT WOULD TAKE/HAVE ON WOMEN. I DID EVERYTRHING THE PLAN SAID TO DO "OTHER" THAN STOP TAKING THE HCG WHILE ON MY CYCLE. I KEPT TAKING HCG AS IF I HAD" NO CYCLE". WHEN I DID THIS IT MADE ME SPOT FOR ON AND OFF 1 MONTH (I STARTED IN APRIL 2011) AND I DIDNT GET A PERIOD FOR 2 MONTHS(SO NOTHING BUT SPOT EVERY NOW AND THEN IN THE MONTHS OF MAY & JUNE) AND WHEN I DID IN JULY SEE SIGNS OF A FLOW IT WAS VERY LIGHT FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW FOR ME THIS IS NORMAL,MY NORMAL FLOW IS ABOUT 4 TO 7 DYAS HEAVY FOR 2- 3DAYS AND LIGHT THE REST BUT A WEEK LATER I HAD NO PERIOD SO I ASSUMED EVERYTHING WENT BACK TO NORM,(BY THIS TIME I HAD STOP TAKING THE HCG DUE TO BEING CONCERNED ABOUT MY FLOW),BUT A WEEK AFTER I WAS HIT WITH A FLOW OF 2 WEEKS OF ONLY HEAVY BLEEDING AND THEN IT STOPED FOR 2 WEEKS AND IN THE MONTH OF AUGST I WAS HIT WITH AN EVEN HEAVIER FLOW OF 2 AND 1/2 WEEK'S OF HEAVY FLOW AND BLEEDING(WITH A LOT MORE BLOOD CLOTS THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL EACH TIME I USED THE REST ROOM) NOW IN THE MONTH OF SEPT WHICH IS RIGHT NOW 5 MONTHS LATER I AM STILL HIT WITH VERY HEAVY FLOW WITH EXTREMLY HUGE BLOOD CLOTS AND IT HAS ALREADY BEEN 2 WEEKS NOW. I AM AFRAID IT WILL ONLY GETTING LONGER, SO SINCE I'M BLEEDING AS IF I HAD A BABY HAVING TO CHANGE FROM WEARING TAMPONS TO VERY THICK PADS WHICH I HAVE TO CHAGE ABOUT 6 TO 10 TIMES A DAY BECAUSE OF THE HEAVY BLEEDING. I WILL BE GOING TO THE DOCTOR TO FIRST SEE IF ANYTHING IS WRONG OTHERE THAN MY MORE THAN UNUSUAL BLEEDING AND HEAVY FLOW FROM "TAKING HCG ON MY PERIOD"I WILL JUST REQUEST FOR BIRTH CONTROL TO PUT MY MENSTRAL FLOW BACK TO NORAML AFTER THIS I SHOULD BE FINE"IF THE HCG HASN'T DONE ANY SERIOUS DAMAGE" I WILL BE SURE TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT THE DOCTOR SAIDS.....I HOPE THIS HELPS
No you are not hungry without your drops on your menses. on day 3 or the drops iwas down 6 lbs. on day 4 i stalled and even gained. i attributed it to my menses that were about to begin.I stoped taking the drops due to severe cramping. I havent taken the drops for 3 days. And after my menses started on day 7 . I began to go down. Im now on day 8 and down 12 lbs. second day of my menses. so ive went down 5 more lbs. since my menses began. Im not hungry and im still watching the scale go down. I also cheated with frosted mini wheats, even fat free fudge bars. What i needed the fiber. but seriously i have been eating fudge bars since the begging. I make sure i dont go over 500 calories.
I also am in phase 4 and gained about 2 pounds during my period.  Hope that it is just bloating as well.  Not sure if should do a steak day still.
I have a really long period. At least 7 days can I really go off my drops for that long?
Hey,

I started my HCG drops from 23rd feb and till 29th feb i lost weight almost 1 pound a day but today my weight was constant as yesterday also my periods started today afternoon..i am not cheating at all, even i am taking less than 500 calories at all..

I read the replies above, and noticed that weight loss will be stopped during menstruation , mu question is :

# Should i go for HCG drops during my low bleeding days?
# will i start loosing weight again when my periods are over ?

my email : ***@****,

please reply at the above email.
i have experienced these same exact symptoms and more including a slightly heavy vaginal discharge daily.
Hi!
When you have mens. you have to stop taking the drops!
You start taking again when bleeding stops.
How old were you? and how are your periods like?
I took the HCG shots for 2 months, but skipped my periods.  I was in for a surprise when when I got my period. I bled very heavy with clots for a month and now the doctor wants to do a biopsy just to make sure nothing is wrong. My bloodwork is coming back normal, but this is very scary and crazy.  I will not be trying this again.  I just want the bleeding to stop. Ive never been through anything like this before.   It doesnt hurt or anything.....just really scary when you see all the blood and clotting when I use the restroom.  I wish they would have warned me about something like this.