Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG shots in Illinois

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG shots in Illinois

Does anyone know any clinics or dr's offices that offer the HCG shots in Illinois?  I've called various places and know one seems to offer it.
I've been asking around also and can't find anything.
Please post if you end up finding someone and I'll do the same.
I go to Dr Chou in Rockford 815-633-5151
Ok, I finally found one in Elmhurst: Dr. Freeman 630-833-5442.  Make sure you ask him to give you the details over the phone b/c he's a quite vague. For instance I asked if he accepts insurance for his treatments and he emphatically said yes,his treatments were covered 90%.  When I went to the office the first thing he asked was how I would be paying which caught me off guard.  When I expresssed surprise at the question he went on to say I would pay upfront and then reimbursed.  This was not mentioned on the phone so I came unprepared for the amount he asked for upfront.  Call and ask how the program works, what you have to pay up front and the total cost of the program.  Im going to call Dr.Chou and compare his program with this one.  Let me know how your conversation goes with Dr. Freeman.  And you can mention ms. george referred you. Goodluck
yes,they are different and often used as a combination treatment.  I do know people who use just the b12 shots though.
Sorry I am going all of the dirrent type of shots confused.
Is there a big difference in all of them?
My mom & I are both going to Dr Chou's office we started last week and I lost 4.75 lbs this week and mom lost 6.75 lbs.
TL63-I called Dr. Chous office and they said they had never heard of the HCG shots.  They say they only do the B compklex shots.  Is there someone in particular I should speak with in his officeabout the HCG shots?
Hey Chicago girl,

I moved from river road and bryn mawr abot 3 years ago.  I loved that neighborhood. It was near everywhere!  I lived in the Pavillion.  Maybe your aware of that complex.

Yes Dr. Freeman offers HGC shots.  He says he combines it with b12 and appetite supressants if necessary. The total program is $500.00 for 10 weeks, but He claims insurance will cover 80-90%.  He says he has an office that will submit the claims for us.  

I haven't gone to him yet because I was very upset with his inability to be specific on the phone only to have me drive down there and put me in an awkward position when I arrived at his office by asking for a certain amount of money upfront.  I had only come with my insurance card and a small amount of cash. Right now, I am frantically looking for anyone else that offers the shots but may go to him as a last resort.  However, I would make sure that everything he says is written down and signed in a contract form since I would be afraid things would change along the line and I would want proof as to what he promisies to provide.
Adaorah -

Have you started treatment with Dr. Freeman already?  I think I called him a couple of months ago to ask about his program b/c he has an ad in the yellow pages.  I live in the O'Hare area, so he is not too far.  I remember the price he quoted was pretty high,  but I didn't know he offers the HCG shots!!!  I have been looking for those everywhere!!  Can you tell me what the costs of the program are and what it includes (meds/# of shots)  I think that I can get a better idea from you, b/c I remember he was an older man & was very vague - just like you said!  ;)  All I have done so far is started Phentermine 2 weeks ago (Jorie Clinic in Oak Brook) - I have never taken weightloss aides before or gone to a doctor.  So I am determined to finally do b/c I have waited so long...Any info would help!

Thanks!
Adaorah -

That must be why I didn't go there b/c it's so expensive!  I couldn't remember the details b/c it's been a while ago that I called.  I may just drop in on him in the next month and try to get all the info and the phone number of his billing people.  That way I can have them check before I make an appt at my insurance coverage.  $500 for 2.5 months sounds crazy!  We can all lose weight paying that program, b/c there's no money left for food!!!   But I think if I go there I will get more specific info then calling.  I am in the same boat as you, I will go there as a last resort.  Also, maybe he will be a little negotiable on price if I ask a million times...I am leary about reporting to insurance companies, b/c I have heard that later no one wants to cover you.  I have called so many clinics and have found no one besides Freeman that even knows what it is...If you find someone that is cheaper will you please please please remember me & send me the info.  I have to lose 100 lbs, so this will be a struggle.  I even called that doc on the radio commercials Dr. Gupta in Arlington Hts, and they don't have HCG either.

Here's my personal email:  gracegoralik @ sbcglobal.net    Also, I think we are neighbors!  I am right at Harlem/Irving and years ago I knew someone that lived in the complex - I liked the bar donwstairs! Copa Cobana?  I think, it's been so long!  I used to work right at Cumberland/ Higgins.  Small world!  Also, thank you for replying, it's nice to talk to someone that's local and going thru this situation.
Thanks Gracie - Chgo Grl
I just spoke with Dr.Freeman.  He's willing to take $150.00 as starters instead of $250.00.  Im seriously thinking about it.
Adaorah -

Hiii!!!  How are you!!  So glad I saw this post, I just happen to be scrolling down and saw it.  But know you can email me to my home address anytime b/c I will definitely see that.

So you got Dr. Freeman to losen the purse strings!! WooHoo!!
Good negotiating! Now is he gonna ask for $150 & then second payment of $350.  Or is he cutting the total price by a $100?  When are you planning on starting??  I hope soon b/c I wanna dying to hear all about it and if you like it and all the weight you will lose for the summer!!!  I hope that his bedside manner is better then his phone skills!  ;)  He just wasn't too nice to talk to, but hopefully I caught him on a had day & he's nicer in person.  

Keep me updated!!
Gracie
Can you let me know how you are doing with the Jorie Clinic?
Do you know the exact address or phone # to Jorie Clinic? Does anyone have any success stories or not about this program? I just had a baby and was over weight to begin with and need a program that works!! And is easy on the pocket!!!!! ;)
630-575-0855
800 Enterprise Suite 225
Oakbrook, IL 60523

I lost 45lbs in 3 months

I love Jorie.

By the way Jorie is just $65.00 for first time (includes B-12 and pills)
every other month $55.00 per month
Does the $65.00 include HCG Shots or no?
Thank you.
I am thinking of starting the weight loss treatment does the jorie clinic do the HCG shots and what is the cost
Back in the 80's I was going to a Dr in Chicago for the HCG shots. I was given some sort of diet pills as well. There was a remarkable weight loss but insomnia along with agression went with it. I had to actually force myself to eat so I wouldn't get sick. At one point they no longer offered the HCG shot and switched to B12 instead which was useless in my book. At least for the price that I was paying. I never did get the answer as to why they no longer offered the HCG and eventually quit seeing that Dr. They also required payment up front which after hearing stories about these other Dr's, make sure you check with your insurance companies beforehand to find out if this is something you would be reimbursed for. Back in the 80's I was paying $60.00 every two weeks.

P.S. Here I am 20 years later and still looking for that magic pill. This may work for short period but this is definately something that you wouldn't want to do long term.
Hey eveyone this is the first time I went into this page. I am also looking for a good diet plan. I have gone to Dr. Olivera in Chicago. I like going there alot but i live in the suburbs and have small children so its seems far for me. He gives you the B12 shot and diet pills. The pills give you energy, you don't get hungry, and get very thirsty, the more water you drink the more weight you loose!!!!
I think its $100 the first time and $85 there after and you go once a month. About two years ago was the last time i went very serious I lost 60 pounds in 6 months.
Can someone tell me if the Jorie Clinic really works and if so once you lose the weight to you gain it back?  How much weight on average per week does one lose?  Are you also exercising alot?  Please help me I have so many questions
I WENT TO THE JORIE CLINIC PRE -BABY AND LOST ABOUT 50 lBS IN 2 MONTHS I STOPPED GOING FOR AWHILE AND DIDN'T GAIN MY WEIGHT BACK AND IN BETWEEN I ENDED UP HAVING A BABY AND ALL I GAINED WAS BABY WEIGHT I PLAN TO GO BACK MY BABY WILL BE 3 WEEKS TOMORROW TO CONTINUE ASAP!!! HOPING FOR THE SAME RESULTS I FOUND THE PILLS YOU TAKE GET YOU FULL FASTER SO I STILL HAVE THAT ITS LIKE I CAN GET FULL OFF SMALLER PORTIONS OF FOOD EVEN NOW I LOVE THE CLINIC EVERYONE I KNOW WHO WENT LOVED IT AND I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SHED SOME POUNDS I ALSO EXERCISED 3 TIMES A WEEK 1 HOUR ON TREADMILL WALKING AND USED MACHINES IN GYM VERY HAPPY WITH RESULTS JUST GOT LAZY AND TOOK A BREAK  BUT THIS TIME I PLAN TO RETURN AND GET SERIOUS I LOST 14 POUNDS THE FIRST WEEK I STARTED THEIR PROGRAM I ALSO RECOMMEND YOU STICK WITH THE DIET AIDES THEY HAND OUT ITS NOT REALLY NECESSARY TO LOOSE WEIGHT BUT THE RESULTS ARE MORE EFFECTIVE QUICKER WITH THE DIET AND GREAT WITH EXERCISE TRY IT LESS EXPENSIVE ALSO I WILL BE RETURNING THE FIRST TUESDAY IN OCTOBER FOR SURE GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME @ ***@**** I WISH U ALL LOTS OF LUCK AND CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME I WANT TO LOOSE @ LEAST 80lbs!!!!
HELLO ALL NOT SURE WHY MY EMAIL DIDN'T POST SO I WILL TRY AGAIN kbeckom @  gmail  . com
Hi, just thought I would share tthat I started up with Dr. Chou three weeks ago.  My initial visit was $50 ~ included vitamin B injection and appetite suppresants.  He went over food and exercise.  My next visit was a weigh in and questions & answers.  I was very fatigued and really felt kinda crummy the first 3-4 days as I was going through caffeeine withdrawls.   My weigh in showed I had lost 3.25 pounds and it cost me $20 and I got another vitamin B injection and more pills.  Friday will be my next weigh in and I will let you know how it goes.  I don't have much to say about Dr. Chou himself.  He's fine... nothing negative, nothing overly exciting about him either really.  But I will tell you the assistance are super nice gals.  

I've never heard of HGC shots so I don't have anything to share about that.
Wishing all the best!!
OKAY SO YOU SAY JORIE IS GREAT RIGHT? I AM GOING NEXT WEEK.. I AM SUPER EXCITED..DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DOSAGE AMOUNT OF THE PHENTERMINE? AND WHAT DO THEY EXACTLY DO THE FIRST VISIT? AND HOW MANY PILLS WILL I GET.. I AM SUPER EXCITED..
Hello
Has anyone ever been to Dr. Gupta's clinic?  I have a colleague who lost 24#s in 9months.  Jorie is pretty far for me, live in Glenview.  Thank you. pk
Im in the south burbs.  Anyone know of any Dr.'s out this way that offer the same services?  I heard of a Dr. Balogun somewhere out south but didnt get much info.
P.S. How is Dr. Gupta in Arlington heights?  How much $?
I had a friend who went to Dr. Chou for a few months (like 5) she shed so much weight since I saw her last in high school. She lost about 70lbs.- crazy! She went from a size 18 to a size 3. She basically said that she drinks 2 gallons of water a day, she exercises about 3 times a week for about an hour, takes a B12 vitamin, and she got rid of any food with sugar or salt in it. Now she doesn't crave those sweet or salty foods and looks amazing! I'm basically going to go to Dr. Chou for a month to get a good feel of the diet and exercise plan then I'll just buy B12 vitamins and do it by myself. Wish you all the best of luck!

P.S. - never heard of the HGC shots so I can't help out in that area.
I'm looking for a faster alternative in weight loss. I already have a healthy diet and exercise regularly. I'm not sure what the difference is between the HCG and B12 shots or which will work best for me. I don't even know what type of doctor I should be looking for. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find on that works with my Humana coverage because like most people, I can't afford much.

Any information you guys can share with me would be much appreciated. I am so tired of working so hard and getting reaching goals at what seems like a snails pace. HELP!

you can email me at ***@****

Thank You

Amy
I am wondering also about Dr Gupta??  I am looking to do the HCG shots.  I have high blood pressure tho  so i cannot take phentermine...
I want to go to him in Naperville tho.. I don't know- I just had been on certain diets even nutri system and lost some but then i swear gained it back and then some.  I am the classic  case of dieted my way up 20 lbs  I hate this..
Ok  i tried calling the numebr p[osted for Dr Freeman and it is not valid  It is a fast busy signal  like it is out of service or something....

Help.... I want to try the HCG shots    I am in Westmont Illinois
Hello ,i need some more information about Dr.Gupta and how much do they charge for first visit  and i need to know where i can locate the clinic. PLS, help me out on this also i need their number so i can call the office. Thanks a million ..... i am in Franklin Park,illinois                                             jocelyn
I have called Dr. gupta along time ago and his fees were over $200.00, alot of money for the same thing you get in Oak Brook. I went to Jorie clinie on 3-12-08 and paid 65.00 for the first visit, and it will be 55.00 for the f/u visits.
I am so tempted to try the Jorie Clinic, but the idea of the pills and shot scare me a little.  Is it really healthy?  Everything I have read has been so positive, but it still scares me a little.  I am at 205 lbs now, and am 5'6.  Makes me so sad as I miss the days when I was at 135!  

Like I said I really want to try it, but am scared of the side affects, if there are any???
Hello Everyone,
I have an appointment to go to the office in Oakpark Rockford next week.  I just wanted to do some research and see how this worked for everyone else.  My boyfriends sister was on it for like 2 months and lost A LOT of weight! I was amazed!  I would just like to know how often you should go to get this shot and is this shot the same as the B12 shot?  And also, Rockford is quite a long drive for me and I heard you could purchase these injections online.. is this true?  And if so, what website can i purchase them from?
Thanks!
Dr chou does not have hcg shots.  I went there and talked to him myself, he said he doesnt administer anything that isnt fda approved there.  He knew what they were though.  Im going to try to call this dr. gupta guy and see if I can get them there.  I have a friend in NC that is on hcg which she gives to herself.  One shot a week in the stomach.  Back to Dr Chou, all he gives you is a B12 shot and Phentermine and sends you on your way.  I lost 10 lbs the 1st week and now its been 3 weeks and nothing more.  
  I did alot of research on the side effects and they seem to be minimal.  Nothing serious anyhow but it isnt FDA approved and hasnt been out long enough to know the long term effects.  No complaints from my friend though.
View some of my previous posts for an excellent location/clinic that offers the HCG weight loss program and so much more. This location serves clients in the US 50 states, regardless of distance.
I'm confused on all postings.  I'm looking for hcg shot as well have searched the web for several but looking for one in my area.  Thought i found one with Dr Freeman , but then the young lady said number didnt work. Is there another number. and is his hcg the natural real stuff and how many cc or iu (?) does he recommend i heard if it was at least 125cc or ic (?) it isnt effective.
Can someone give me Dr. Chou's phone# in Rockford.
I can't find any info. Please help.

thanks
Michelle

I am writing a story on b12 and weight loss and would love to talk to any of you who have gone to clinics and chicago and have been, or not been, sucessful with the program. Email me at ***@****, I would love to hear your stories!!
Gautam Gupta, M.D.

Nutrition Clinic
Dear Interested Patient,

Thank you for your interest in the Nutrition Clinic!

The Nutrition Clinic and its staff assists patients in losing weight and achieving their goals by placing them on a supervised weight loss management program that entails the use of different FDA approved medications, in conjunction with a low fat/low calorie diet, and exercise.

To begin the program, you come in for an initial consultation and at that time we complete an EKG; comprehensive lab work, which looks at your thyroid, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels; then you will have a physical related to weight loss by Dr. Gupta or one of his associates. He will review your health history with you and determine, based on your physical and test results, which medication will work best for you. We currently have six different medications available to our patients: Phentermine, Didrex, Tenuate, and Phendimetrazine, which are all appetite suppressants. Meridia, which is a seratonin enhancer that gives you the feeling of fullness so you don’t want to eat as much. And Xenical, which is a non-systemic medication (meaning it doesn’t go into your blood stream) that works as a fat blocker.

As this is a supervised weight loss program, we have our patients visit on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, depending on the patient's progress in the program. During these “follow-up” visits, we monitor the patient’s weight loss, blood pressure, and dispense medication. In addition, we go over any questions you may have and review their daily food and exercise journal.

The initial consultation is a one-time fee of $195.00, which includes the office visit, the physical by Dr. Gupta and all the testing, including the lab fees. The cost of medication is extra. Medication ranges in price from $5-15 per medication per week. The follow-up visits can range between $45.00-$65.00 per week plus the cost of medication.

At your initial appointment, please allow an hour and a half(1 1/2 hours) and because of the length of this appointment we ask that you bring no children.

The only insurances we are an actual provider for is Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO of Illinois, Great-West PPO, certain types of Medicaid of Illinois, and Medicare. If you have another insurance company, we suggest that you contact your provider to determine if you have “out-of-network” coverage. If so, we may be able to bill your insurance and they may pay a percentage of our fees after your “out-of-network” deductible has been met. Call us to find out more.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

Dr. Gautam Gupta and Staff

Have 5 Different location please call for a location near you @ 877-766-0733
hello all, these posts are interesting, i'm new to the chicagoland area, and i'm a male, i noticed there are a lot of females that have tried the jorie clinic, are their any male sucess stories that anyone can share with me. Me and a co worker are going next saturday to see the jorie clinic.  Any tips, ideas anyone would suggest.  Also, my doctor thinks i may have an enlarged thyroid, i've had the blood work done today, i dont really eat that much, but the weight just wont buldge, anyone ever experience thiss??????? or have any personal info let me know,

have a great day guys
I live in west frankfort IL the southern IL area does anyone know of any clinics offering hcg and b12 injections near by.  I dont mind driving up to 150 miles or so to a clinic...my ex sis n law done the injections and lost over 100lbs in 6 months....combined with the b12 walking and strict diet...i cant find anywhere doing them...I am 25 and weigh 325lbs I am only 5'6" I have tried everything even the adipex 37.5 nothing has worked...I had a personal trianer for 6 months still did not loose...i know the injections work.....any info on a local dr. is helpful ty
I went to Bella Medica Laser Center for my HCG. I lost 21 pounds in during my first round and  learned alot about food, like what we think is "healthy" actually isn't. This spring will be a year since, and I'm down an additional 29! I'm healthy & happy!! Thank you Bella Medica!!!!
Is there a Dr in Rockford Il that has the hgh shots?
Does anyone know of a doctor or clinic who offers b12 shots in or around the quad cities ia area?
called bella medica they offer oral hcg, nasal spray and the injections. 815-344-0303
QC Medical Group and Weight Loss Clinic , Moline  Illinois 309 517 1180
Homefirst,
Dr. Einstein:
Pharmaceutical level (not homeopathic) HCG drops.  
Rolling meadows and Naperville-
847-329-2020 ( Mention Ada sent you please)

Physicians Total Wellness-
Dr. Dhillon: Injection.
Schaumburg-
847.466.5602 (Mention Chioma sent you please)
Dr. Chou is 40$ for your first visit, and that includes a consultation, 1 week of pills and a B12 shot. Each week is 20$ after that. Or you can do 60$ and go every 2 weeks.

Jessica
What are the pills he prescribes?
Dr. Reilly in Fox River Grove does nasal sprays (well, the nasal spray is all that he and I discussed). Phone #847.516.4400.

Pretty expensive ($350, but they do take insurance ...insurance will not cover HCG...but, FlexSpending will). With the spray, they give a probiotics (which is pretty important) and a BUNCH of supplements. As I am learning, the supplements are necessary for success because the 500 calorie diet will not provide the body what is needed. So...for 40 days, I got in my kit: HCG spray (that has 60 billion probiatics), Power reds, Multi-Minerals, Dual Detox, and Ketone test strips. They tested my urine to make sure that it is safe for me to start HCG and I am going for a COMPLETE bood screening tomorrow (all this is covered under my insurance except for the kit). Lastly, the nutritionist gave me her cell phone and email address because she said that the $350 I paid also includes all the support that I need. :-)

Side note...I talked to one doctor (different office) that said that the stuff that you get online can have serious long term effects (that may crop up 5 years later). Just adding that for those that are tempted to order the stuff off of the internet. I have a friend who is currently doing it...is on ROUND 5 and slowly her weight is creeping up (on a 500 calorie diet...pretty scary!!!) Although she has lost almost 100 pounds, everytime she goes off the diet, she regains a bunch of weight. From my learning from Dr. Reilly, your body needs to be flush and CAREFULLY monitored.

Good luck to everyone...I am hoping to lose about 40 pounds and I started today! :-)
anyone know of a weight loss clinic that accept's the medical card
Hello, I am located O'Hara area and I wanted to know if there are any clinics in the surrouding suburban area or Chicago by O'Hara that offers the HCG shots and if you know the price range that would be great. I'm by the River Grove and Franklyn Park area, thank you so much in advance for any information you're able to provide.

Regards,
Ms. Pisces